Feb. 19 at 3:37 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Bobby McMann is really earning a case to stay on this roster

Rip Gregor lul

Also Bertuzzi thats how u score an ENG
RipNasty and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 19 at 3:45 p.m.
McMann Season
Takeaways from today: nobody looked bad, which is good.

Rifai: a good amount of ice time, block shot and hit with 0 +/- for his first game, which I’d say is pretty impressive from what I was expecting tbh

McMann is such a dog, he shows up on time every night and works hard. Can’t see him out of the lineup now.

Matthews is just incredible. Superhuman?

Sammy made some impressive saves.

Overall enjoyed this game. Looks optimistic.
palhal liked this.
Feb. 19 at 3:46 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Its pretty funny at this point Leafs are 4-0 without Rielly

Have scored 21 goals allowed 8

PP also at like 62% or something in those 4 which is funny

But then again this is what they do
palhal liked this.
Feb. 19 at 4:45 p.m.
average joe
1. Even heading in to this game, Sammy had the best Win % on the Leafs. Take away that 2 week horrible stretch and I'd say it's debatable who will be the playoff goalie.
2. Looking at +/-. Nylander (+1), Tavares (-4), Bertuzzi (+0), Domi (+0) and Rielly (-1) are not that great.
3. Still think Rielly needs to hold back a bit and he'd be a better player.
Feb. 19 at 4:47 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Gotta say the "bottom 3" Leafs Dmen tonight who make 775,000 each played well above their salary.
Impressive effort by everyone. The game seems so easy/simple when you play like that.
Feb. 19 at 6:10 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Per Serevalli so im taking this with a pinch of salt

"This is going to stay consistent with what I’ve been reporting the whole time, which has been that Hanifin has expressed to the Flames way back a year ago that he did not want to play in Canada"

I thought this was debunked as bogus by Friedman when he said Hanifin never made a preference
Feb. 19 at 6:22 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Forgot to mention this a while back

Honestly since coming back from injury and while yes contract could have been a bit less Reaves has been a serviceable 4th liner

Its almost the reverse than what happened with Simmonds when he came back from injury

Big hits, chirping, ready to fight when needed, sticks up for teammates

Yes the skating and sometimes offensive zone penalties not great but hey compared to first 4 months much better

WPG and ANA game especially he delivered on his promise. Made Gudas to big of a wuss to challenge him to lul
palhal liked this.
Feb. 19 at 6:43 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
So apparently Van's souring on Mikheyev and may be eyeing a move

Me:

f471d2ac-fb01-47e3-9af7-89f07b8078e9_text.gif

He was a lot of fun here his final year and a third line of Jarnkrok-Kampf-Mikheyev wouldnt be bad for defensive purposes
CameronSquires and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 19 at 7:17 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: aadoyle
So apparently Van's souring on Mikheyev and may be eyeing a move

Me:

f471d2ac-fb01-47e3-9af7-89f07b8078e9_text.gif

He was a lot of fun here his final year and a third line of Jarnkrok-Kampf-Mikheyev wouldnt be bad for defensive purposes

For 4.75m, I'm passing on that deal every single day
Random2152, LeafsFanForSomeReason, palhal and 3 others liked this.
Feb. 19 at 7:22 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 19 at 7:31 p.m.
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
For 4.75m, I'm passing on that deal every single day

Hes doing better than 5.5m Bertuzzi is

And look what he did in Toronto, him next to JT and Willy would give them that defensive wing that line needs rn. Also is fast, good hands, can play PP/PK

Would love to buy low on him as he gives us more of a 2-way option for the 2nd or 3rd line
Feb. 19 at 7:32 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 19 at 8:42 p.m.
Just saw ARI lost 10 in a row......

Well um yea not good....FOR US dun dun dun
Feb. 19 at 9:17 p.m.
McMann Season
Man lowkey Lisowsky and Chadwick are doing fantastic in Juniors. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lisowsky get offered a contract next season
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Feb. 19 at 9:54 p.m.
Rip
Its pretty funny at this point Leafs are 4-0 without Rielly

Have scored 21 goals allowed 8

PP also at like 62% or something in those 4 which is funny

But then again this is what they do

Haven't we learned not to make much when you destroy Anaheim. They are a really bad team still, we better be crushing them. The team has played well for sure, but the competition hasn't been elite.
Feb. 19 at 9:57 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 19 at 10:03 p.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
Haven't we learned not to make much when you destroy Anaheim. They are a really bad team still, we better be crushing them. The team has played well for sure, but the competition hasn't been elite.

Have u not been watching the leafs over the years normally and this applies especially to the big 4 they **** the bed against teams like Anaheim who are outside the playoffs as they always play down to their level.

We saw that vs. OTT before Rielly finally woke em up and they responded with 4 wins a row in his absence. 2 wins vs. STL who were on a nice little run, a win vs. PHI, and a spanking of ANA not bad.

That ANA game was what they should have been doing every time they faced a lottery team but didnt before making it a rare treat as not to often they do that. Usually its a 4-3 OT win or loss

Also factor in they often played with a Dman injured and used 5 or 4 guys or called up AHL rookies also pretty impressive.
Feb. 19 at 10:34 p.m.
Rip
Have u not been watching the leafs over the years normally and this applies especially to the big 4 they **** the bed against teams like Anaheim who are outside the playoffs as they always play down to their level.

We saw that vs. OTT before Rielly finally woke em up and they responded with 4 wins a row in his absence. 2 wins vs. STL who were on a nice little run, a win vs. PHI, and a spanking of ANA not bad.

That ANA game was what they should have been doing every time they faced a lottery team but didnt before making it a rare treat as not to often they do that. Usually its a 4-3 OT win or loss

Also factor in they often played with a Dman injured and used 5 or 4 guys or called up AHL rookies also pretty impressive.

I am sounding way too pessimistic. I sure hope Treliving surprises me and makes a really good move for a defenceman. If we are using this year's first I hope we get someone other than Tanev. The talk around Hanafin does intrigue me. That would be a difference maker addition.
Feb. 19 at 10:36 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: RipNasty
I am sounding way too pessimistic. I sure hope Treliving surprises me and makes a really good move for a defenceman. If we are using this year's first I hope we get someone other than Tanev. The talk around Hanafin does intrigue me. That would be a difference maker addition.

Tanev's the target but per Friedman no 1st is involved. Its multiple picks but not that one. Guessing the 2024 and 2026 3rd

In general as we have seen these guys have the means to play solid defense when they want to. Add a guy like Tanev and continue to play this way and your set

As with him u can mix and match the lineup or keep specific pairs together.

Rielly-Tanev
Brodie-Liligren
Benoit-McCabe

Now if u can get Andersson or Hanifin in that deal that creates more opportunity
Feb. 20 at 9:18 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Messier99
Did Bertuzzi just try to Roof an empty net goal.

Well you know Bertuzzi's scoring ability this season. Probably tried to slide the puck on the ice but it went five feet too high.
Leafsfan98, Saskleaf and Trickster liked this.
Feb. 20 at 9:23 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
The **** happened with Rielly's appeal

Bettman could have had the answer done earlier so we could have known if he could play today vs. STL (reduce to 3). or not.

Now it kind of seems pointless as 4 games have already passed. Either way if its lowered cool but yea also wont make sense if he reduced it to 3 and he couldnt play today lul

Rielly could still fight it as if it's reduced and Rielly gets suspended again, the league can't use a major repeat offender...
Feb. 20 at 9:24 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: CameronSquires
Man lowkey Lisowsky and Chadwick are doing fantastic in Juniors. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lisowsky get offered a contract next season

Agree. But as we know junior play and stats don't necessarily relate to NHL success. Apparently Chadwick has to improve on his mobility to ever be an NHLer. Hey but there is hope.
Lisowsky and Minten....good to see they are doing well. I still say Minten has to be a Marlie next October
CameronSquires liked this.
Feb. 20 at 9:26 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: palhal
Well you know Bertuzzi's scoring ability this season. Probably tried to slide the puck on the ice but it went five feet too high.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw Bert walk in...
Feb. 20 at 9:26 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Rielly could still fight it as if it's reduced and Rielly gets suspended again, the league can't use a major repeat offender...

Reilly really needed the rest. The suspension has really been a blessing in disguise. Looks like the two Marlie callups know they can becapable fill ins now and in the future. Liljegren's play has improved.The PP works great even without Reilly.
Feb. 20 at 9:27 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Why was I not scared at all that the Leafs might lose last night?
Feb. 20 at 9:28 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: palhal
Reilly really needed the rest. The suspension has really been a blessing in disguise. Looks like the two Marlie callups know they can becapable fill ins now and in the future. Liljegren's play has improved.The PP works great even without Reilly.

I think Lilly should be full time PP1...

And I get what you're saying, I'm just saying from Rielly's perspective, it makes sense to fight it even if you're done the 5 games before it can be reduced
palhal liked this.
Feb. 20 at 9:34 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Leafsfan98
I think Lilly should be full time PP1...

And I get what you're saying, I'm just saying from Rielly's perspective, it makes sense to fight it even if you're done the 5 games before it can be reduced

I don't think the Leafs are afraid to put Lily on the point on PP. But the Keefe prefers to have Matthew, Tavares, Nylander, and Marner on the ice which leaves just one spot for a Dman...which is usually Reilly.
The suspension to Reilly and the PP time for Liljegren sure looks it has gave Liljegren more confidence. Benoit/McCabe/Brodie have played better too.
And those two Marlies last night, played like NHLers,.
Considering Reilly, Giordano, 7th man Timmins and 8th man Lagesson were all out....impressive indeed.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll