SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

And the jets are legit

Created by: delete
Published: Jan. 18 at 8:25 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 91/192 (47%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Lindholm, EliasCalgary FlamesNHL50%$2,425,000011---4482129--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Lambert, BradWaivers ExemptWinnipeg JetsMinor-$0011---0000--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$3,784,3342245643710
Change$2,425,000-100100
Final$6,209,334 (↑)21 (↓)45644 (↑)710-8-21-29

Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWinnipeg Jets

Coincident TransactionInitial StatusNew StatusCap Hit ChangeRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Chisholm, DeclanNHLMinor-$367,318-1-----------
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Lambert, BradWaivers ExemptWinnipeg JetsMinor-$0011---0000--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Lindholm, EliasCalgary FlamesNHL50%$1,149,349011---4482129--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,186,3762345603611
Change-$782,031000-100
Final$404,345 (↓)2345602 (↓)61182129
Jan. 18 at 8:51 p.m.
That's a solid maybe. If Lambert wasn't a right shot center (which will be Calgary's biggest need by far if they trade Lindholm) it'd be a no.
Jan. 19 at 12:35 a.m.
Quoting: MoxNix
That's a solid maybe. If Lambert wasn't a right shot center (which will be Calgary's biggest need by far if they trade Lindholm) it'd be a no.

thats a big return,but it is exactly what the jets need to be a legit contender.
Jan. 19 at 11:13 a.m.
im taking the jets 1st and lambert, over the avs 1st and ritchie.
Jan. 19 at 11:18 a.m.
I can't see the Jets moving Lambert. Especially if Lindholm is coming as a rental.
Jan. 19 at 3:30 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
I can't see the Jets moving Lambert. Especially if Lindholm is coming as a rental.

well he has to resign somewhere and if im the jets id rather it be in wpg than in colorado.
Jan. 19 at 3:39 p.m.
Quoting: delete
well he has to resign somewhere and if im the jets id rather it be in wpg than in colorado.

The Jets can't make him sign though. So, if he isn't interested...
Jan. 19 at 6:13 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
The Jets can't make him sign though. So, if he isn't interested...

No but I think any trade for Lindholm would be like Dubois where there will be an extension already in place to be able to accept the offer.
Jan. 19 at 6:16 p.m.
Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack
No but I think any trade for Lindholm would be like Dubois where there will be an extension already in place to be able to accept the offer.

Exactly, that's what I believe as well. So, if he doesn't want to sign in Winnipeg, the offer likely won't be competitive then.
EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Jan. 19 at 8:15 p.m.
Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack

ok then whats the extension,because he isnt getting 9 mil per,like what was being offered at the start of the yr,maybe 8 mil.
Jan. 19 at 8:21 p.m.
To me, the Jets extending Lindholm would be a mistake....having that much money on two centers until they are 38 sounds like a terrible situation.

Get a cheaper rental this year and wait for Lambert to be the 2C next season. Think Cheveldayoff will do something along those lines.
Howie liked this.
Jan. 20 at 12:52 a.m.
ok then whats the extension,because he isnt getting 9 mil per,like what was being offered at the start of the yr,maybe 8 mil.

Yeah I think Lindholm would get around that 8 years for 8 millions or maybe a bit less like 7.5 but if he's not getting is price he will hit free agent to try get more possible.
Jan. 20 at 10:45 a.m.
Quoting: BigOlJetAirliner
To me, the Jets extending Lindholm would be a mistake....having that much money on two centers until they are 38 sounds like a terrible situation.

Get a cheaper rental this year and wait for Lambert to be the 2C next season. Think Cheveldayoff will do something along those lines.

How often have the jets been a legit threat? theres no next yr,when your this close. now i agree a 2nd for Monahan might be a safer way to go,but then if Lindy goes to the avs,the jets chances arent very good.and your sure about Lambert huh for next yr,and is he even going to play center. these orginizations have incredible pressure to win and when your a 2nd line center away,with great goaltending,i like the jets d.you go get the center and go for it,because you dont when your going to get another chance.
Jan. 20 at 7:29 p.m.
How often have the jets been a legit threat? theres no next yr,when your this close. now i agree a 2nd for Monahan might be a safer way to go,but then if Lindy goes to the avs,the jets chances arent very good.and your sure about Lambert huh for next yr,and is he even going to play center. these orginizations have incredible pressure to win and when your a 2nd line center away,with great goaltending,i like the jets d.you go get the center and go for it,because you dont when your going to get another chance.

The Jets 2nd line is really a 3rd line since they play the Lowry trio so often, therefore they aren't really in need of a true 2C. As a fan of the team that watches all the franchises' NHL & AHL games, I do feel Lambert is very close and is playing a strong 2-way game as a center for a bad Moose team (one of few players with a positive plus/minus and scoring a bit under a point per game as an AHL rookie). While Winnipeg has been great this year, I don't think the team is as near to a true Cup contender as their record may suggest. Would rather keep a future with three young forwards (Lambert, McGroarty, & Barlow) filling out the ranks over the next few seasons.
Jan. 21 at 10:47 a.m.
The Jets 2nd line is really a 3rd line since they play the Lowry trio so often, therefore they aren't really in need of a true 2C. As a fan of the team that watches all the franchises' NHL & AHL games, I do feel Lambert is very close and is playing a strong 2-way game as a center for a bad Moose team (one of few players with a positive plus/minus and scoring a bit under a point per game as an AHL rookie). While Winnipeg has been great this year, I don't think the team is as near to a true Cup contender as their record may suggest. Would rather keep a future with three young forwards (Lambert, McGroarty, & Barlow) filling out the ranks over the next few seasons.

ok thats fair,but you guys have connor,ehlers,perfetti and valiardi on the wings with only schiefle to center them.namestnikov is not a 2nd line center and maybe if you had one like Lindy everything falls into place so lowry is on the 3rd line were he belongs and the jets are a legit contender.
Jan. 21 at 12:58 p.m.
ok thats fair,but you guys have connor,ehlers,perfetti and valiardi on the wings with only schiefle to center them.namestnikov is not a 2nd line center and maybe if you had one like Lindy everything falls into place so lowry is on the 3rd line were he belongs and the jets are a legit contender.

I get all that, but I guess I'm not a huge gambler. What's the odds that Lindholm would get the Jets to the Cup, let alone win it this year? Not sure myself, but it isn't a huge number. To me, it isn't worth the risk of losing some great prospects that could provide inexpensive options over the next few seasons. Not when a strong defensive system with a full team bye in backed by Hellebuyck's goaltending would only have a slightly lower chance of making a run.

Both McGroarty & Barlow are said to be high character players that will only help Winnipeg build that team-first culture that was missing in the Wheeler era. Based on Chevy's career to date, he will take swings at the trade deadline, but they are rarely huge ones. I think he won't change his stripes this year, but I could be wrong. Maybe he'll find another gem like he did when he picked up Stastny and Niederreiter at previous deadlines.
Jan. 22 at 1:01 p.m.
I get all that, but I guess I'm not a huge gambler. What's the odds that Lindholm would get the Jets to the Cup, let alone win it this year? Not sure myself, but it isn't a huge number. To me, it isn't worth the risk of losing some great prospects that could provide inexpensive options over the next few seasons. Not when a strong defensive system with a full team bye in backed by Hellebuyck's goaltending would only have a slightly lower chance of making a run.

Both McGroarty & Barlow are said to be high character players that will only help Winnipeg build that team-first culture that was missing in the Wheeler era. Based on Chevy's career to date, he will take swings at the trade deadline, but they are rarely huge ones. I think he won't change his stripes this year, but I could be wrong. Maybe he'll find another gem like he did when he picked up Stastny and Niederreiter at previous deadlines.

how often are the jets in the cup conversation.you guys need one piece to be legit,and its Lindy.all the prospects you listed is why Lambert could be sacrificed.
Jan. 22 at 3:22 p.m.
how often are the jets in the cup conversation.you guys need one piece to be legit,and its Lindy.all the prospects you listed is why Lambert could be sacrificed.

With all of Lucius' injuries, it's looking like Lambert is the only upcoming potential top 6 center. So that's why I don't want to part with him for an approximately 2 percent increase in the likelihood of lifting the Cup this year. Lindholm makes Winnipeg better, but it doesn't make them unbeatable.

How about the Jets 1st, Lucius, and one of Stanley/Chisholm for Lindholm?
Jan. 22 at 11:15 p.m.
With all of Lucius' injuries, it's looking like Lambert is the only upcoming potential top 6 center. So that's why I don't want to part with him for an approximately 2 percent increase in the likelihood of lifting the Cup this year. Lindholm makes Winnipeg better, but it doesn't make them unbeatable.

How about the Jets 1st, Lucius, and one of Stanley/Chisholm for Lindholm?

Your a fair guy but i would have no interest in lucius or the roster guys.i dont agree with the 2 percent. i will be cheering for the jets and believe there truly legit with lindholm.
Jan. 28 at 8:56 p.m.
ok colorado you need to be in this range.
Jan. 30 at 11:01 a.m.
come on jets dont settle for Monahan or Henrique.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll