Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 20 at 6:22 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I feel like this is too close to the package the sens paid a year ago. He is still valuable but they aren't getting close to what they did last year.
Let's start by removing the 3rds. I could live with losing Topi for chychrun, but if there isn't a huge market we might be able to go with a lesser prospect.
palhal liked this.
Jan. 20 at 6:23 p.m.
KFTW
I would def add a condition that if the leafs reach the conference finals , we get another piece. Cuz the pick would drop to 29-32
Jan. 20 at 6:23 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Random2152
I feel like this is too close to the package the sens paid a year ago. He is still valuable but they aren't getting close to what they did last year.
Let's start by removing the 3rds. I could live with losing Topi for chychrun, but if there isn't a huge market we might be able to go with a lesser prospect.

No way his value should drop much if at all. He’s not a rental. If you want us to take Samsonov, you’re gonna have to give us a 3rd
SomeonesOffended and aedoran liked this.
Jan. 20 at 6:24 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
Leafs pass on all LHD but sens also decline this this isn’t even as much as they paid
csick liked this.
Jan. 20 at 6:27 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: csick
No way his value should drop much if at all. He’s not a rental. If you want us to take Samsonov, you’re gonna have to give us a 3rd

Lol. A guy with 2.5 years is way more valuable than a guy with 1.5

You're looking at something closer to the muzzin trade than what you got
Jan. 20 at 6:29 p.m.
Lol. A guy with 2.5 years is way more valuable than a guy with 1.5

You're looking at something closer to the muzzin trade than what you got

Which would be a 1st + Niemela + Robertson or so. I would say this package above is similar.
aedoran liked this.
Jan. 20 at 6:31 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
Which would be a 1st + Niemela + Robertson or so. I would say this package above is similar.

Not really. More like a 1st, topi, and hirvonen.

As I said take out the 3rds, and don't include robbie.

And that's the high water mark. I'd wager we could get lower than that with a lesser prospect than topi
Jan. 20 at 6:37 p.m.
KFTW
Not really. More like a 1st, topi, and hirvonen.

As I said take out the 3rds, and don't include robbie.

And that's the high water mark. I'd wager we could get lower than that with a lesser prospect than topi

The Sens betting the farm on a pick hoping to be 15-18 range and ending up much later would be very on brand. Cant have that, need something guaranteed .

Pick 15-18 in a weaker draft
B prospect
3rd round pick

Is probably good
aedoran liked this.
Jan. 20 at 6:42 p.m.
Quoting: SomeonesOffended
Leafs pass on all LHD but sens also decline this this isn’t even as much as they paid

A left handed defence is still needed and Leafs wouldn’t rule out acquiring one. After this season they only have Rielly and McCabe signed and McCabe only has 2 year left. Brodie isn’t getting re-signed and Treliving wants to completely revamp the d-core. A left handed is certainly something they’d still look at

Ottawa also probably isn’t getting as much as what they paid for Chychrun. This is too much already
CaptainTavares liked this.
Jan. 20 at 6:47 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Ryminister_92
A left handed defence is still needed and Leafs wouldn’t rule out acquiring one. After this season they only have Rielly and McCabe signed and McCabe only has 2 year left. Brodie isn’t getting re-signed and Treliving wants to completely revamp the d-core. A left handed is certainly something they’d still look at

Ottawa also probably isn’t getting as much as what they paid for Chychrun. This is too much already

You’re gonna have to overpay if you want the Sens to send him in division
Jan. 20 at 6:48 p.m.
Quoting: TMLBRIAN

I'd much rather have Robertson over Samsonov.
Jan. 20 at 6:50 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Sens fans better get off this horse, "What we paid for him last season". That's meaningless. Sens lost on theDeBrincat exchange and likely are going to lose on the Chychrun exchange now or by TDL in 2025.
Jan. 20 at 6:52 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper

Yeah he can do that in free agency we need 1 top 4 RD for this year so they can move Brodie to 2LD they aren’t trading for a LHD that they don’t need this year when they can sign one for free how is that so hard to understand? And Brad and Dubas never went big fish hunting the McCabe trade was one of the biggest in the last 5 years no smart gm is gonna blow the future away for 1 guy lmao draft a RHD with our first rounder this year is far smarter then trading the pick away
palhal liked this.
Jan. 20 at 6:52 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: csick
You’re gonna have to overpay if you want the Sens to send him in division

That's makes zero sense. Sens aren't in competition with the Leafs this year or even next year. Since playoffs partially determined by Conference standings why not eliminate all Eastern teams?
Sens traded DeBrincat to the Wings because that was the best offer they got, Wings didn't pay a premium.
SomeonesOffended liked this.
Jan. 20 at 6:56 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Yeah he can do that in free agency we need 1 top 4 RD for this year so they can move Brodie to 2LD they aren’t trading for a LHD that they don’t need this year when they can sign one for free how is that so hard to understand? And Brad and Dubas never went big fish hunting the McCabe trade was one of the biggest in the last 5 years no smart gm is gonna blow the future away for 1 guy lmao draft a RHD with our first rounder this year is far smarter then trading the pick away

Just to add. The Leafs next season have Reilly, McCabe, RFAs Benoit, Liljegren and Timmins. So let's say the Leafs have to add three Dmen with the 9m of Brodie, Klingberg and Giordano gone. Seems kinda foolish to spend 4.6m and give up a 1st, 3rd, 3rd and Niemela for 1.5 years of Chychrun,
Jan. 20 at 7:05 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
Quoting: palhal
Just to add. The Leafs next season have Reilly, McCabe, RFAs Benoit, Liljegren and Timmins. So let's say the Leafs have to add three Dmen with the 9m of Brodie, Klingberg and Giordano gone. Seems kinda foolish to spend 4.6m and give up a 1st, 3rd, 3rd and Niemela for 1.5 years of Chychrun,

100% agree find someone to replace Brodie or resign Brodie I know he’s lost a step but he can give us one more year as 2LD then 3RD the year after then don’t bring him back or they could just sign someone around the 3M mark to replace him either way it makes no sense to buy chychrun and waste all those assets leafs have never been big fish hunters and aren’t gonna start now
Jan. 20 at 7:07 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: palhal
That's makes zero sense. Sens aren't in competition with the Leafs this year or even next year. Since playoffs partially determined by Conference standings why not eliminate all Eastern teams?
Sens traded DeBrincat to the Wings because that was the best offer they got, Wings didn't pay a premium.

Debrincat only wanted to go to Detroit . A team can get Chychrun for at least 2 playoff runs at a very good AAV . There’s no way this deal doesn’t start with a 1st and a good prospect
Jan. 20 at 7:56 p.m.

Wow. No offence but that might be the worse scouting report of the Leafs I’ve seen in awhile.

Leafs need minimum 2 right handed shot defenceman this year. They have one #1 defenceman, then a bunch of #5/6 guys. You don’t win a cup with that type of defence, hell I’ll be shocked if they even make playoffs if they don’t add multiple defenceman this year.

Next, okay let’s say they wait till the off-season to add some defence. Who are they gonna add? Outside of Hanifin and Forsling, no one of the left side in free agency is good enough to be a top 4 guy that they need and Hanifin doesn’t wanna play in Canada, and I’d be shocked if Forsling doesn’t re-sign in Florida. Only guy that’s left is Zadorov who’s a third pairing guy.
So let’s go to the right side - there are a few better options there. But Pesce doesn’t wanna play in Canada also. Matt Roy may be available and I’d love him, but he probably re-signs with LA. Brandon Montour isn’t the type of guy that Treliving likes and he’ll likely go elsewhere. So now the only viable options lefts are the 35 year olds in Tyler Myers and Chris Tanev. Are those really answers for the top 4? Not for a contending team with how fragile they are.
So let’s say hypothetically out of all options, Leafs find a way to sign Zadorov and Roy. They still need 1 top 4 guy then. How are they gonna do that? … hmm. By a TRADE. Which in the summer the price is gonna be more because there will be more teams bidding on guys. And frankly I’d be scared if Toronto’s left side is Rielly, Zadorov, and McCabe. So now you’re left with probably not signing Zadorov and needing to make another trade. So why wait till the summer to make a move? If a guy is available now, make the move. You owe the core every chance you can give them to compete and not to waste their prime years.

This team isn’t good enough. It needs 3 defenceman to start competing. Draft picks don’t help the team win. Proven top 4 guys do. If Chychrun is available, you 100% try to acquire him because he makes your team better and you have longer than any other team to talk to him about an extension.
Jan. 20 at 8:01 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
Wow. No offence but that might be the worse scouting report of the Leafs I’ve seen in awhile.

Leafs need minimum 2 right handed shot defenceman this year. They have one #1 defenceman, then a bunch of #5/6 guys. You don’t win a cup with that type of defence, hell I’ll be shocked if they even make playoffs if they don’t add multiple defenceman this year.

Next, okay let’s say they wait till the off-season to add some defence. Who are they gonna add? Outside of Hanifin and Forsling, no one of the left side in free agency is good enough to be a top 4 guy that they need and Hanifin doesn’t wanna play in Canada, and I’d be shocked if Forsling doesn’t re-sign in Florida. Only guy that’s left is Zadorov who’s a third pairing guy.
So let’s go to the right side - there are a few better options there. But Pesce doesn’t wanna play in Canada also. Matt Roy may be available and I’d love him, but he probably re-signs with LA. Brandon Montour isn’t the type of guy that Treliving likes and he’ll likely go elsewhere. So now the only viable options lefts are the 35 year olds in Tyler Myers and Chris Tanev. Are those really answers for the top 4? Not for a contending team with how fragile they are.
So let’s say hypothetically out of all options, Leafs find a way to sign Zadorov and Roy. They still need 1 top 4 guy then. How are they gonna do that? … hmm. By a TRADE. Which in the summer the price is gonna be more because there will be more teams bidding on guys. And frankly I’d be scared if Toronto’s left side is Rielly, Zadorov, and McCabe. So now you’re left with probably not signing Zadorov and needing to make another trade. So why wait till the summer to make a move? If a guy is available now, make the move. You owe the core every chance you can give them to compete and not to waste their prime years.

This team isn’t good enough. It needs 3 defenceman to start competing. Draft picks don’t help the team win. Proven top 4 guys do. If Chychrun is available, you 100% try to acquire him because he makes your team better and you have longer than any other team to talk to him about an extension.

Leafs aren’t winning anything this year id rather they do no moves then this move it makes no sense literally zero use the draft pick to draft a defender, try again next year after a good offseason
Jan. 20 at 8:04 p.m.
Leafs aren’t winning anything this year id rather they do no moves then this move it makes no sense literally zero use the draft pick to draft a defender, try again next year after a good offseason

That’s a fan perspective. As a GM you have to give your players every opportunity to win even if you don’t think you will win. & that goes a long way. It’s not always just about winning, it’s about the message you send. If players in their prime don’t think you’re committed to winning then they’re less likely to sign in Toronto, which makes them overpay in free agency and only adds to the cap problem.
I’d much rather give up a pick that’s likely 3 years away from even attempting to crack the roster for a top 4 defenceman who helps you win now. Just makes so much more sense.
Jan. 20 at 8:05 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
That’s a fan perspective. As a GM you have to give your players every opportunity to win even if you don’t think you will win. & that goes a long way. It’s not always just about winning, it’s about the message you send. If players in their prime don’t think you’re committed to winning then they’re less likely to sign in Toronto, which makes them overpay in free agency and only adds to the cap problem.
I’d much rather give up a pick that’s likely 3 years away from even attempting to crack the roster for a top 4 defenceman who helps you win now. Just makes so much more sense.

It’s not gonna happen brad doesn’t spend large in trades

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll