SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

GOOD JOB RIELLY

Feb. 10 at 10:57 p.m.
arky
While I believe it was a childish and maybe go up to him and. Challenge him, sure I understand that argument. But to cross check him in the head or face is NOT being tough, it is goonish. When Perron cross checked Zub and Joseph punched Larkin in the back of the head, that wrong. It was goonish hockey and was not even the guy who hit Larkin. Perron recieved a 6 game suspension and while I thought it was a little excessive it was warranted. Now to say it was OK like Simpson said on the broadcast or whomever the woman on the after game discussion with Beiksa, Hrudey and Ron saying she thought is was a good thing that Reilly did want he did are morons. CBC stands for the Canadian Broadccast Company but the way the talking it should be the TBC.

Lastly, when Zetterberg got his.head slammed.into.the glass.durimg the playoffs by Weber the Wings waited for the next game and challenged him and he fought Bertuzzi and it was handled like two men, not like a goon who tried to hurt a player with a cheap shot
Feb. 10 at 11:11 p.m.
arky
Quoting: palhal
The "code" is so crazy though. A player puts a clean check on a puck carrier, and then he gets assaulted by the puck carrier's teammate. That seems to be acceptable for some reason.

I agree, whole hearted. A clean check is a clean check and if you get it you try to deliver that same clean check to the guy who hit you and that is that. Again this crap when I guy get cleanly and get his bell rung and his team mates need to chip shot a player is wrong, no question. I hate when I see a good clean hard check and then all.of a sudden everybody on the team of the player hit seems to want o go after the guy. Why?

Now on this play, I am not saying the guy did a stupid thing, like my dad always told me act like you have been here before and he did not have to do that. But to go after him and cross check him like Reilly did is even worse. Did his stupid act hurt anyone No. But that cross check seemed to hurt the Sen player and now it will hurt the Leafs.

It will be curious how the NHL management handles this situation.
SomeonesOffended liked this.
Feb. 10 at 11:16 p.m.
arky
Quoting: LeafsForLife
Watch some vintage hockey, especially 70s and 80s, and get back to me

Now that is one stupid statement, as we are not in the 70's or the 80's. Hint we are in the 2020's. The game has evolved and in the 70'sor 80's, since I watched games then, players would square up and fight the guy, not cross check him in the head. And when guys did something stupid like Bertuzzi or McSorley they got suspended for 10 plus games.

I can not beleive you would say something so asinine like that.
CoachCoach liked this.
Feb. 10 at 11:33 p.m.
Puckhead
Vintage hockey would have been benches clear and Reilly gets his clock cleaned…or really he nor Greig pull that crap in those days…given todays style I am ok with what Greig did
palhal, Boltsradynasty and mikearky liked this.
Feb. 10 at 11:52 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: mikearky
I agree, whole hearted. A clean check is a clean check and if you get it you try to deliver that same clean check to the guy who hit you and that is that. Again this crap when I guy get cleanly and get his bell rung and his team mates need to chip shot a player is wrong, no question. I hate when I see a good clean hard check and then all.of a sudden everybody on the team of the player hit seems to want o go after the guy. Why?

Now on this play, I am not saying the guy did a stupid thing, like my dad always told me act like you have been here before and he did not have to do that. But to go after him and cross check him like Reilly did is even worse. Did his stupid act hurt anyone No. But that cross check seemed to hurt the Sen player and now it will hurt the Leafs.

It will be curious how the NHL management handles this situation.

Yeah, pretty dumb by Reilly. Ottawa has been nothing to the Leafs for years, and then Reilly hurts his own team with his actions. How the NHL handles it? Talk about an inconsistent group. Their decision making on players safety have no logic. At times I would prefer the clarify of NBA game officiating over the brains in the NHL office.
CoachCoach, mikearky, SomeonesOffended and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 11 at 10:33 a.m.
Miss YA Killer
Edited Feb. 11 at 11:04 a.m.
Quoting: SomeonesOffended
The guy deserved something not all that but something for sure

Why ? If they don't want him slapping into an empty net either
A) Don't be in a position you have to pull your goalie against the 28th best team in the league .
B) don't let him get a breakaway where he can .
I'm f***ING tired of spoiled b**** athletes who cry like a f***ING 2 year olds throwing a temper tantrum because someone ran the score up or took to hard a shot at an empty net. Reilly should f***ING be charged with aggravated battery. He ATTACKED A PERSON WITH A WEAPON BECAUSE HIS FEELINGS WERE HURT BOO F***ING HOO!!!
mikearky and BDHockey liked this.
Feb. 11 at 10:37 a.m.
Miss YA Killer
Quoting: AnonymousSensFan
Hope he enjoys watching from home for a game or two. It's ok though, it's not like the leafs playoff position is precarious, and he's their top D.

Hopefully it's the deserved 10 games there is less than zero call for Attacking a player with a stick to the head/face for scoring a goal. Don't want him slapping in an empty net.
A) stop him (hockey wise ) from being able to do so.
B) Don't be in a position to have to pull your goalie against the worst team in the division.
Feb. 11 at 10:39 a.m.
Miss YA Killer
Who takes a slap shot into an empty net? Lmao no one greasiest move you can do just do a light wrister like everyone else

If you didn't want him to slap it in don't be in a position to pull your goalie .
mikearky and BsInOttawa liked this.
Feb. 11 at 4:05 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: palhal
I thought the funniest part was Brady Tkachuk mouthing off, telling the Leafs what he was going to do about it.
Then of course Tkachuk sits on the bench and Kastelic tries to take his spot as tough guy.

A few weeks ago Tkachuk did the same thing before a game.....I believe it was against the Panthers. He's being tough guy before the game trying to scare the Panthers.
Two fights in the first five seconds of play, but where is Tkachuk? On the bench , whimpering.

Bc both Tkachuks are like that... All talk of tough guys, can't carry it out
Feb. 11 at 4:09 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: GM_SZK
Vintage hockey would have been benches clear and Reilly gets his clock cleaned…or really he nor Greig pull that crap in those days…given todays style I am ok with what Greig did

Vintage hockey would have been Reaves, McCabe and Bert would have joined Domi on the ice, they then would have beaten Greig to a pulp... Then would have gone after anyone who looked at them the wrong way
Feb. 11 at 5:25 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: AnonymousSensFan
Hope he enjoys watching from home for a game or two. It's ok though, it's not like the leafs playoff position is precarious, and he's their top D.

U do know their record without him is good right?

38-18-7 without him in the lineup and last year 14-2-1
Feb. 11 at 10:40 p.m.
Miss YA Killer
Who takes a slap shot into an empty net? Lmao no one greasiest move you can do just do a light wrister like everyone else

So basically you're saying you have to defend yourself because sometimes feelings got hurt? Garbage move
Feb. 12 at 11:08 a.m.
Miss YA Killer

You mean like Patrick Stefan. How'd that work out?
Feb. 12 at 4:01 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsradynasty
You mean like Patrick Stefan. How'd that work out?

Leafs fans are really something else. As an outside perspective, I would like for him to get 10 games. Throwing hands is one thing but using your stick intentionally as a weapon cannot be excused. I mean it's not too unrealistic to think that ambushing someone with cross check to the neck or head could kill them or end their career.
Feb. 12 at 4:25 p.m.
Miss YA Killer
Quoting: BDHockey
Leafs fans are really something else. As an outside perspective, I would like for him to get 10 games. Throwing hands is one thing but using your stick intentionally as a weapon cannot be excused. I mean it's not too unrealistic to think that ambushing someone with cross check to the neck or head could kill them or end their career.

Dropping gloves I guess but why should a guy have to defend himself because your feelings are hurt it's not 1980 any more . Suck it up and don't allow him to score if you don't want him slapping it in . Don't be forced to pull your goalie against the worst team in the division.
Feb. 12 at 4:25 p.m.
Quoting: BDHockey

It's assault. Not even a hockey play.

Big crybaby energy from toronto
Feb. 12 at 6:45 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsradynasty
Dropping gloves I guess but why should a guy have to defend himself because your feelings are hurt it's not 1980 any more . Suck it up and don't allow him to score if you don't want him slapping it in . Don't be forced to pull your goalie against the worst team in the division.

I agree. I viewed it as essentially a celly, so I find it kind of silly to fight about it.
Boltsradynasty liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll