Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$74,755,833$422,500$5,540,000$8,744,167
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$7,875,000$7,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 8
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
UFA - 4
$8,800,000$8,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RW, C
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
UFA - 5
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$3,250,000$3M)
RD
RFA - 3
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
UFA - 4
$850,833$850,833 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
G
RFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 1
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
C
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$850,833$850,833 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
RFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LD
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 12 at 4:53 p.m.
Certainly a good idea.

I’d like it a bit more without Casey
Feb. 12 at 5:04 p.m.
I think that those are 2 fairly good deals based on Calgary not retaining and getting a first plus a good prospect. Flames will likely ask for more with Markstrom's term, or they would object to taking on Vanecek based on Wolfs development. The Toffoli deal seems good for both sides, and NJ could probably squeeze a bit more out of Edmonton for retaining.
Feb. 12 at 5:15 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
I think NJ may have missed the boat on Markstrom. Flames are only 3 points out of a wildcard spot and are chasing a faltering Kings team, and Kuzmenko has reignited there $10.5 million dollar man. They'd have to fall off in a big way to be willing to sell at the TDL.
KingofRnR and MoxNix liked this.
Feb. 12 at 5:25 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I think NJ may have missed the boat on Markstrom. Flames are only 3 points out of a wildcard spot and are chasing a faltering Kings team, and Kuzmenko has reignited there $10.5 million dollar man. They'd have to fall off in a big way to be willing to sell at the TDL.

Not true in the slightest. They know they’re building for the future at this point. Tanev and Hanifin are almost certain to be moved and a deal like this for Markstrom is one they likely take
Feb. 12 at 5:37 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Devsfan25
Not true in the slightest. They know they’re building for the future at this point. Tanev and Hanifin are almost certain to be moved and a deal like this for Markstrom is one they likely take

Flames won’t let Hanifin or Tanev walk to Free Agency for nothing, so will move them if they don’t extend, but they’d either want replacements coming back or will make Trades elsewhere to remain competitive

Moving Markstrom while his value is high or for an offer they can’t refuse isn’t off the table, but I do believe this is more of an off-season move now

Quoting: NHLfan10506
Certainly a good idea.

I’d like it a bit more without Casey

We could include Tanev as well if an additional Piece like Bahl + Miller were added by NJD, but only as a package, since we’d get more for Tanev otherwise

Quinn Hughes wants Tanev back in VAN bad and he’d be the ideal partner for Luke
Feb. 12 at 5:40 p.m.
Future Ducks legend

They're undefeated since moving Lindholm, and not against bottom feeder teams either. If they knock off the Rangers tonight, I'm seriously reconsidering selling at the TDL if I'm the GM.
MoxNix liked this.
Feb. 12 at 5:49 p.m.
They're undefeated since moving Lindholm, and not against bottom feeder teams either. If they knock off the Rangers tonight, I'm seriously reconsidering selling at the TDL if I'm the GM.

So you’re gonna not move Tanev and Hanifin and possibly Markstrom for big packages that can set you up for the future to just possibly sneak into the playoffs? Cmon
Feb. 12 at 5:53 p.m.
So you’re gonna not move Tanev and Hanifin and possibly Markstrom for big packages that can set you up for the future to just possibly sneak into the playoffs? Cmon

Calgary isn't going to approach Markstrom unless it's a big package... That's not a big package...
MoxNix liked this.
Feb. 12 at 5:59 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: PSJ
Calgary isn't going to approach Markstrom unless it's a big package... That's not a big package...

It really is something how Calgary and their fanbase is trying to spin a full NMC into something that increases Markstrom's value

Markstrom's NMC means less bidders, harder to move in the event he falls off, and less value.

NJD or any other team shouldn't waste their time with negotiations until they have a confirmation that Markstrom would agree to waive.

And from a respect standpoint, if Calgary is negotiating about Markstrom they should be open and approach him about that, instead of waiting until they have a deal done and trying to force his hand then.
Feb. 12 at 6:01 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
Flames won’t let Hanifin or Tanev walk to Free Agency for nothing, so will move them if they don’t extend, but they’d either want replacements coming back or will make Trades elsewhere to remain competitive

Moving Markstrom while his value is high or for an offer they can’t refuse isn’t off the table, but I do believe this is more of an off-season move now

We could include Tanev as well if an additional Piece like Bahl + Miller were added by NJD, but only as a package, since we’d get more for Tanev otherwise

Quinn Hughes wants Tanev back in VAN bad and he’d be the ideal partner for Luke

I agree that a Markstrom move, if ever, is a summer move. Seems like both sides have said that now.

Not sure Tanev is on our list. Early in Fall, there was a link made between NJD and him…but most everything I have seen since has been on Hanifin.
Feb. 12 at 6:05 p.m.
TrevorA
I agree that a Markstrom move, if ever, is a summer move. Seems like both sides have said that now.

Not sure Tanev is on our list. Early in Fall, there was a link made between NJD and him…but most everything I have seen since has been on Hanifin.

Tanev would be wanted and good on pretty much every Team. He brings just as much off the ice and in the locker room for the young guys as he does with his play, sheltering and mentorship on the ice. He’s the one guy players on our team are asking not to be moved, but business is business
Feb. 12 at 6:07 p.m.

I believe a reporter asked him about recently and he said he would approve a move. Other, less credible sources, have even claimed his people have said they would waive specifically for New Jersey (James Nichols, David Pagnotta).

I am not claiming it’s true, or that there are talks ongoing….but if one were to believe there is a link between these two teams on this player…that story is coming from the same sources that say he will waive.
Feb. 12 at 6:09 p.m.
TrevorA

It’s a Decent offer and as Big as it likely gets

1st + A- Prospect + Replacement Player we can turn around and flip for more assets in the off-season or next season, especially if Vitek improves his stats playing in CGY

Goalies don’t generally fetch such returns and especially those with $6mil Cap Hits with no retention. Best to sell high while we can and make room for Wolf. Conroy’s not getting any interest on Vladar from what I’ve read
Feb. 12 at 6:09 p.m.
Tanev would be wanted and good on pretty much every Team. He brings just as much off the ice and in the locker room for the young guys as he does with his play, sheltering and mentorship on the ice. He’s the one guy players on our team are asking not to be moved, but business is business

Probably a strict rental though.

Our GM has known Hainifin since he was a kid. Maybe it amounts to nothing, but at least an opening to a possible extension.

I don’t think we are buying for one year.
Feb. 12 at 6:10 p.m.
Future Ducks legend

How do you explain to the fans and ownership that you had a shot at the playoffs and decided to sell? The pending UFAs maybe, if you can still get someone useable now back the other way even if they're a bit green.

As to Markstrom, he has term, Wolf needs a mentor, and Vladar clearly isn't it. Each win that Calgary string together is a nail in the coffin for the Devils landing him this season.

If you don't understand that, then you don't get how Canadian teams operate.
Feb. 12 at 6:12 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
How do you explain to the fans and ownership that you had a shot at the playoffs and decided to sell? The pending UFAs maybe, if you can still get someone useable now back the other way even if they're a bit green.

As to Markstrom, he has term, Wolf needs a mentor, and Vladar clearly isn't it. Each win that Calgary string together is a nail in the coffin for the Devils landing him this season.

Sounds like I need to start rooting for Calgary so these BS proposals stop.

Giving up major assets for a 34 year old goalie with expensive term is a disaster waiting to happen down the line
Feb. 12 at 6:14 p.m.

Calgary has one more point than NJD. Maybe we should be selling to them… Vitek can mentor Wolf here.

The Wolf of Broad Street!

grimace
Feb. 12 at 6:15 p.m.
TrevorA
Probably a strict rental though.

Our GM has known Hainifin since he was a kid. Maybe it amounts to nothing, but at least an opening to a possible extension.

I don’t think we are buying for one year.

Yeah, NJD’s on the outside looking in still, so they’re probably not buyers. I’m surprised tbh, such a good Team. Adjustments from moving on from Graves and Severson!?

With Siege & Hughes, I don’t see the need for Hanifin, but that’d be a stacked Left Side with all 3 for sure.
Feb. 12 at 6:19 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Yeah, NJD’s on the outside looking in still, so they’re probably not buyers. I’m surprised tbh, such a good Team. Adjustments from moving on from Graves and Severson!?

With Siege & Hughes, I don’t see the need for Hanifin, but that’d be a stacked Left Side with all 3 for sure.

To start the season, NJD was playing fantastic but getting horrific goaltending.

Then the injuries started piling up, and the play started getting worse

Since the 2nd Jack Hughes injury, the goaltending has honestly been better, but the team has been much much worse. Now we’re playing slightly above average and getting below average goaltending.

Couple that with a horrific head coach, 2 (then 3 then 4) rookie dmen, and the most back to backs in the league (we’re I believe 1-9 on night 2 of back to backs), and it piles up.
KingofRnR liked this.
Feb. 12 at 6:20 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: dgibb10
Sounds like I need to start rooting for Calgary so these BS proposals stop.

Giving up major assets for a 34 year old goalie with expensive term is a disaster waiting to happen down the line

Except Markstrom is a sure thing = NHL Player of the Week, while Casey or a 1st Round Pick provide absolutely no guarantees. It’s a gamble = Present OR Future Potential

It’s an off season move if it does happen at this point probably anyways
Feb. 12 at 6:26 p.m.

Young blueline
Injuries
Spotty goaltending
Couple slow starts
Couple off ice issues (as CGY fans are aware)

Long-term, still in good shape.

Need responsible vet on blueline, can protect puck, move it into transition game. I think the idea would be add a solid two-way guy…then dial up and down Siegenthaler and Luke based on game situation. If we need a goal, Hanifin and Luke get majority of minutes. If we are protecting a lead, Siegenthaler and Hanifin get the time.

Our right side has good balance that way…Hamilton, Nemec when we need a goal. Marino, Nemec when protecting lead.
dgibb10 and KingofRnR liked this.
Feb. 12 at 6:26 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Except Markstrom is a sure thing = NHL Player of the Week, while Casey or a 1st Round Pick provide absolutely no guarantees. It’s a gamble = Present OR Future Potential

It’s an off season move if it does happen at this point probably anyways

I just worry about him falling off with age and holding us back in our real contending years, when Nemec and Hughes have a year or 2 under their belts, everyone is healthy, Jack Mercer Nico Holtz Bratt Meier all FULLY into their primes.

I don’t think this is the year to go all in via buying a goalie especially when we currently have 4 rookies on defense right now.
KingofRnR liked this.
Feb. 12 at 6:30 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Calgary has one more point than NJD. Maybe we should be selling to them… Vitek can mentor Wolf here.

The Wolf of Broad Street!

grimace

It's a pity that Calgary plays in the West then, because while they are only three points out of a playoff spot and chasing a faltering Kings team, the Devils are 6 points out and chasing a red hot Red Wings that is 7-2-1 in their last 10, or the Leafs who are at least holding steady.
KingofRnR liked this.
Feb. 12 at 6:31 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
It's a pity that Calgary plays in the West then, because while they are only three points out of a playoff spot and chasing a faltering Kings team, the Devils are 6 points out and chasing a red hot Red Wings that is 7-2-1 in their last 10, or the Leafs who are at least holding steady.

Devils are chasing Philly if anything.
Feb. 12 at 8:49 p.m.
Make Mercer instead of Casey and it's a deal. Even Holtz instead of Casey would be closer.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll