Forums/Armchair-GM

Finding a trade for Barron

Created by: jonh514
Team: 2023-24 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 13, 2024
Published: Feb. 13, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Not sure the Habs feel the same, but I think the Habs should explore a trade. What's a fair deal?
Trades
MTL
  1. Bourgault, Xavier
  2. 2025 3rd round pick (EDM)
DAL
  1. 2025 2nd round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
J. Barron
WPG
    J Barron
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    26$83,500,000$78,547,916$1,170,000$4,285,000$4,952,084
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $7,850,000$7,850,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 8
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    C
    UFA - 7
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 4
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $2,900,000$2,900,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 4
    $775,000$775,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $835,000$835,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 3
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $894,167$894,167
    C
    RFA - 2
    $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 2
    $812,500$812,500
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
    $918,333$918,333
    C, RW
    RFA - 4
    $775,000$775,000
    RW, LW
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
    RW
    RFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,875,000$4,875,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,925,000$1,925,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    $766,667$766,667
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
    LD
    RFA - 2
    $890,000$890,000
    G
    RFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    $828,333$828,333
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $4,450,000$4,450,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $3,362,500$3,362,500
    C, RW
    RFA - 3
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $762,500$762,500
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Feb. 13 at 9:09 a.m.
    Edited Feb. 13 at 10:20 a.m.
    Quoting: jonh514
    It's a fair point, but you have a few good young forwards like Barlow coming up, so... maybe? The average age of the jets seems to be like 29-30, so I would expect they can more easily attract some free agents for the bottom 5. Top 7 forwards seems pretty set.

I'm thinking that Barlow will play next season in the AHL and that McGroarty will play at least a part of it there too. I think Lambert (after his full year in the AHL this year) has the best shot of playing the most NHL games among those three next year.

Edit: McGroarty not McGroraty (I always make that mistake)
    jonh514 liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 9:17 a.m.
    I'm not obsessed. I just think we need some forwards with top 6 potential more than we need defenders, and if I'm honest I want them to call Mailloux up, more than I want Barron to get another shot.

Levshunov & Parekh look pretty good and at least one should be available... just saying.

They may look good but also may not pan out. Barron may find another gear, he may not. I agree with adding top 6 talent, 100%. I don't like moving RHD now that we finally have a few options, LHD is another story since there's a massive logjam currently.

Imo, throw our '24 1sts at ANA for Zegras (I know this seems to be controversial) for a top 6 offensive addition. Keep our prospects for us and start using them over the next couple years to fill out the roster.

Zegras, Dach, CC, Suzuki, Newhook, Slaf Top 6 looks good when healthy.

Heineman, Beck, Roy, Mesar, Farrell, (Tuch, Kapanen, Kidney, etc) combination for energetic 3rd line

Evans, Pezz, (insert name here), etc defensive/grit 4th line

Hutson - Reinbacher
    Guhle - Barron
    Xhekaj - Mailloux
    Struble
    (Or another of our LHD)

Monty
    Prime/Fowler/Etc

This is how I'd be aiming to set things up.
    jonh514 and Shanesaw9 liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 9:19 a.m.
    HuGo is a Boss GM
    Quoting: Shanesaw9
    I don't understand MTL's usage of Barron. Actually I don't understand their usage of their entire D-core really. I've been watching some questionable defensive efforts for some time now, so I wanted to dig into the numbers using natural stat trick and see what could be learned.

MTL D pairings GF% + xGF% @ 5v5 (>150 min)
    1. Guhle - Kovacevic, 58.82 + 54.69 = 113.51%
    2. Struble - Kovacevic, 60 + 49.66 = 109.66%
    3. Xhekaj - *** , 55.56 + 48.59 = 104.59
    4. Matheson - Barron, 58.33 + 43.75 = 102.08%
    5. Guhle - Barron, 50 + 48.92 = 98.92%
    6. Harris - *** , 47.22 + 50.23 = 97.45
    7. Matheson - Savard, 50 + 47.32 = 97.32%
    8. Matheson - Guhle*, 50 + 44.18 = 94.18%

*Playing on off side.
    ***Individual numbers, hasn't played >150 min on one pair.

Of course this doesn't take into consideration things like matchups, usage, etc. however MTL in general is a negative goal differential team so I consider > 100% to be good no matter what your role is. That said, I have a few observations.

1. Guhle - Kovacevic / Struble - Kovacevic / Xhekaj - Kovacevic have been MTL's best defensive pairs. Kovacevic is very underrated by fans and management.

2. What is St. Louis' beef with Xhekaj this year? He barely gets used but he's done just fine other than some bad penalties (which other vets have been more guilty of).

3. Matheson's best D partner is Barron, who isn't even playing in the NHL. Guhle - Barron also put up respectable results and is the most common pairing this season so they did this in the largest sample size. Why is Barron in Laval? What is management's plan for him exactly? Mailloux and Reinbacher are coming shouldn't we be getting a really good look at him in the NHL?

4. Savard puts up some decent results with Matheson (no better than Barron) playing some tough matchups no doubt, however he is abysmal with anyone else on the team. I'd be trading him if he holds any value.

5. Matheson - Guhle is not it, why are we forcing Guhle to play on his offside when there are RHD options that work just fine?

Anyways all this to say based on these results, my healthy lineup without any trades next year would be:

Guhle - Barron
    Matheson - Savard
    Xhekaj - Kovacevic
    Harris

Struble - Mailloux
    Hutson - Reinbacher
    Trudeau - Tourigny
    Norlinder

Quoting: ricochetii
    If I'm giving MSL the benefit of the doubt, I see the deployment as a form of stress test. Increase usage and responsibility slowly until a player breaks, then address what was revealed during that time.
    If I'm looking at it in a less positive light, MSL (and staff) have a propensity to make decisions based on visible errors, in some kind of a "3 strikes and you're out" methodology.

Barron saw increased usage this year and actually had a long leash. He was showing improvement. Miscues did pile up (as should be expected), but was he pulled to address them or punish them?
    Same with Xhekaj, only he seemed to have a shorter leash, but that may simply be because there were less expectations for him beyond controlling his aggression.

Kovacevic is indeed underrated. With only 125 games of experience and improved performance despite less favorable deployment, I'd like to see him rewarded with more playing time. I feel like he's being dismissed too easily as a potential mainstay after Savard's departure.
    It's a numbers game with his age and our depth coming up, but he deserves more opportunity.

Struble is in a similar position. He's excelling but the numbers don't necessarily support it. He's passing the eye test with flying colors though. The St Louis game might have been his first real noticeable blunder of the season, and he'll learn from that.

Harris on the other hand has slipped this year. Injuries have been a factor but he's getting less usage and better deployment and still producing worse results.

We need to clear room on our blue line to give these players more time to develop. Savard out. One of Struble, Harris, Xhekaj out. More minutes and less rotation for everyone else.

Loving the discussion team!

While I would not argue with either of your analysis, as I agree with it, I will try to add some context to my decision to make Barron the odd man out.

1) First off - Me offering Barron in a trade, does not insinuate that I don't like him. I really like him a lot. When you want to acquire a player of value, you always have to give up something valuable in return.

2) Between Reinbacher, Mailloux, Kovacevic, Harris on his offside, a prospective top 10 pick this year at D, and Barron, I feel we would have too many RHD prospects.

3) We are very weak on forward prospects who can make an offensive impact as soon as next year, and that is why I am trying to swap a defenseman for a forward.

4) If we were to draft a forward this year in the top 10, I would STILL prefer we trade a defender for a forward, because we need immediate relief. I do not want to live through another lost season. I hate the idea of 5 years and no playoffs.
    Feb. 13 at 9:22 a.m.
    HuGo is a Boss GM
    Quoting: Just_A_Guess
    They may look good but also may not pan out. Barron may find another gear, he may not. I agree with adding top 6 talent, 100%. I don't like moving RHD now that we finally have a few options, LHD is another story since there's a massive logjam currently.

Imo, throw our '24 1sts at ANA for Zegras (I know this seems to be controversial) for a top 6 offensive addition. Keep our prospects for us and start using them over the next couple years to fill out the roster.

Zegras, Dach, CC, Suzuki, Newhook, Slaf Top 6 looks good when healthy.

Heineman, Beck, Roy, Mesar, Farrell, (Tuch, Kapanen, Kidney, etc) combination for energetic 3rd line

Evans, Pezz, (insert name here), etc defensive/grit 4th line

Hutson - Reinbacher
    Guhle - Barron
    Xhekaj - Mailloux
    Struble
    (Or another of our LHD)

Monty
    Prime/Fowler/Etc

This is how I'd be aiming to set things up.

Whatever gets us back to the post-season in a way we can sustain success.
    Just_A_Guess liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 9:25 a.m.
    Whatever gets us back to the post-season in a way we can sustain success.

Agreed. In a roundabout way I guess I want to move our 1sts this year to add to the top 6 instead of moving out any current promising prospects.

We're a Zegras & a healthy lineup away from being a sustainable playoff team imo.
    jonh514, ricochetii and Shanesaw9 liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 9:29 a.m.
    Le patriote
    Like I said in another exchange, I am not opposed to keeping him, I am just trying to balance the fact that:

1) I see the Habs calling up Mailloux over Barron if Guhle is out
    2) I see Reinbacher coming over after the TDL
    3) I see the Habs seriously considering drafting a D at the draft if that's the BPA, and trading one of your prospect defenders for a forward like Bourque, makes that more palatable

Be honest. Would you call up Mailloux or Barron if Guhle is out?

draft Levshunov, then trade Barron and Harris and late 1st to get young promising forwards?
    jonh514 liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 9:30 a.m.
    HuGo is a Boss GM
    Agreed. In a roundabout way I guess I want to move our 1sts this year to add to the top 6 instead of moving out any current promising prospects.

We're a Zegras & a healthy lineup away from being a sustainable playoff team imo.

I guess I see us needing to add some more forward depth. Even the defense playing on their off sides have not been that bad. We have a few top 6 players out, and look who we're dressing.
    Just_A_Guess liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 9:30 a.m.
    HuGo is a Boss GM
    Quoting: habitantlecolon
    draft Levshunov, then trade Barron and Harris and late 1st to get young promising forwards?

Exactly 💯
    habitantlecolon liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 9:37 a.m.
    Le patriote
    Exactly 💯

so who would you target for Harris and Winnipeg 1st?
    Feb. 13 at 9:40 a.m.
    Go Habs Go
    Loving the discussion team!

While I would not argue with either of your analysis, as I agree with it, I will try to add some context to my decision to make Barron the odd man out.

1) First off - Me offering Barron in a trade, does not insinuate that I don't like him. I really like him a lot. When you want to acquire a player of value, you always have to give up something valuable in return.

2) Between Reinbacher, Mailloux, Kovacevic, Harris on his offside, a prospective top 10 pick this year at D, and Barron, I feel we would have too many RHD prospects.

3) We are very weak on forward prospects who can make an offensive impact as soon as next year, and that is why I am trying to swap a defenseman for a forward.

4) If we were to draft a forward this year in the top 10, I would STILL prefer we trade a defender for a forward, because we need immediate relief. I do not want to live through another lost season. I hate the idea of 5 years and no playoffs.

We have 4 1st round picks and 3 2nds in the next 2 years.
    When we need that top 6 forward, we're prepared to get one. It's a matter of finding the right one that becomes available or going after a free agent for now.

A 1st and lesser prospect will get us in the door for negotiations when a trade opportunity is available.
    Barron as part of a trade for an established forward might be something to consider, but if we're swapping for an unproven prospect, we should wait and try our own unproven guys first (or draft someone better).

We want to make the playoffs next year, but that's going to be more about our health and development impact than what we might add in a trade.
    jonh514 liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 10:13 a.m.
    HuGo is a Boss GM
    Quoting: habitantlecolon
    so who would you target for Harris and Winnipeg 1st?

Honestly, I will have to think about it. It would depend who I get for Barron I suppose.
    Feb. 13 at 10:16 a.m.
    HuGo is a Boss GM
    Quoting: ricochetii
    We have 4 1st round picks and 3 2nds in the next 2 years.
    When we need that top 6 forward, we're prepared to get one. It's a matter of finding the right one that becomes available or going after a free agent for now.

A 1st and lesser prospect will get us in the door for negotiations when a trade opportunity is available.
    Barron as part of a trade for an established forward might be something to consider, but if we're swapping for an unproven prospect, we should wait and try our own unproven guys first (or draft someone better).

We want to make the playoffs next year, but that's going to be more about our health and development impact than what we might add in a trade.

Very fair commentary. I think there's a middle ground though between being sceptical and overzealous.

Looking at what players like Bourque have accomplished compared to the rest of their cohort, it's not unreasonable to project he makes an impact in the NHL.
    Feb. 13 at 10:24 a.m.
    Habs 2010
    Be honest. Would you call up Mailloux or Barron if Guhle is out?

I'd go with Mailloux, simply because of the chemistry he showed with Xhekaj and to give him a taste of NHL action while allowing Barron to be 'the guy' in Laval for a few games.

Matheson - Savard
    Struble - Kovacevic
    Xhekaj - Mailloux

On the topic of trading Barron + Late 1st for a forward vs our top 10 pick for a forward, I think MTL needs the highest quality they can get.

Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield, and Dach are essentially locks for the top 6. I don't want another Newhook or a Bourque to add to our Roy, Mesar, Farrell, Beck, etc. (I think we will draft more forwards over the next 2 years too). I want a Zegras (or a Lindstrom / Celebrini if we are lucky). I'd trade the top 10 pick to acquire Zegras if I had to. Sign Toffoli, bring back Monahan and you could be set at forward without trading any of our defence at this time (obviously decisions will need to be made at some point on who stays or who goes).
    jonh514 liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 10:50 a.m.
    HuGo is a Boss GM
    I'd go with Mailloux, simply because of the chemistry he showed with Xhekaj and to give him a taste of NHL action while allowing Barron to be 'the guy' in Laval for a few games.

Matheson - Savard
    Struble - Kovacevic
    Xhekaj - Mailloux

On the topic of trading Barron + Late 1st for a forward vs our top 10 pick for a forward, I think MTL needs the highest quality they can get.

Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield, and Dach are essentially locks for the top 6. I don't want another Newhook or a Bourque to add to our Roy, Mesar, Farrell, Beck, etc. (I think we will draft more forwards over the next 2 years too). I want a Zegras (or a Lindstrom / Celebrini if we are lucky). I'd trade the top 10 pick to acquire Zegras if I had to. Sign Toffoli, bring back Monahan and you could be set at forward without trading any of our defence at this time (obviously decisions will need to be made at some point on who stays or who goes).

Fair analysis. There is more than one way to get to the finish line. I just watched scouting reports on the top 10, and the only one I feel strongly is a center after Celebrini is Catton. He reminds me a lot of Suzuki, but he's a bit lighter, and he doesn't have his shot.

Lindstrom clearly has a great shot, but he does not use his body well for a big guy. Maybe that's something he learns over time, but it's gonna take a few years for him to reach his potential, if he ever does. He is often described as Dach with a better shot, but I don't think he can create offense the way Dach does.

I guess I'm saying, while there are no perfect prospects, I'm not super thrilled with the player we might pick up at forward based on the draft position.
    Feb. 13 at 11:16 a.m.
    Habs 2010
    Fair analysis. There is more than one way to get to the finish line. I just watched scouting reports on the top 10, and the only one I feel strongly is a center after Celebrini is Catton. He reminds me a lot of Suzuki, but he's a bit lighter, and he doesn't have his shot.

Lindstrom clearly has a great shot, but he does not use his body well for a big guy. Maybe that's something he learns over time, but it's gonna take a few years for him to reach his potential, if he ever does. He is often described as Dach with a better shot, but I don't think he can create offense the way Dach does.

I guess I'm saying, while there are no perfect prospects, I'm not super thrilled with the player we might pick up at forward based on the draft position.

I'm bigger on Lindstrom than Dach, Celebrini obviously would be huge. But after those 2 I'd prefer to take a chance on Zegras than Catton and Demidov or Eiserman are strictly wingers (it's still uncertain whether or not Dach will be a very good C, even more uncertain now).
    jonh514 liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 12:03 p.m.
    OK. To be fair I don't know that much about him, except that he slipped a whole lot in the draft. Glad to hear he put it back on the rails. I see him as a lower value prospect than Bourque, but that may be my own lack of info and bias. I am trying to trade for a 2nd line forward, if I am asking for a clear 1st line superstar, I apologize!

No he definitely isn't a guaranteed superstar but out of all the jets prospects he's the one I'd have on the top of my list on becoming a ppg nhler. Ideally he becomes an ehlers type player (really damn fast, great at transition and passing with an underrated shot) so he may not be a 5 star guy but he's a guy that has the highest chance at being a ppg in the system. Just not trading that for at best a middle pair rhd that is more offensive than defensive. Lambert has more value than barron and I wouldn't trade any of the jets Top 4 prospects (lambert mcgroarty barlow salomonsson) for him could see a lucius swap though
    Mr_Canoehead liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 12:04 p.m.
    Quoting: Mr_Canoehead
    I'm thinking that Barlow will play next season in the AHL and that McGroarty will play at least a part of it there too. I think Lambert (after his full year in the AHL this year) has the best shot of playing the most NHL games among those three next year.

Edit: McGroarty not McGroraty (I always make that mistake)

Btw barlow can't play ahl next year would have to go back to junior. After the 2nd post draft year he can play ahl
    Mr_Canoehead liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 12:05 p.m.
    How is he not? There are 3 RD positions to fill... Reinbacher, Mailloux, Barron. We trade him now, we get to start the search for his replacement. Or we keep him and work on filling the other gaps in the roster.

After in 25-26 Reinbacher and Mailloux should be here also Konyushkov will either be coming over or only be a year from coming over, sure we could keep Barron until then but doesn't it make more sense to move him now while his value is still high as opposed to waiting for those 3 to push him out of the lineup? Also we have Matheson, Guhle, Xhekaj, Savard and Struble to give ice time to next year and if either of Hutson or Reinbacher push for a spot Barron loses his. Savard isn't likely being moved, as much as some want him to be, he provides a great playoff style that none of our other D offers and with the goal being to make the playoffs its likely he stays. Harris, Barron and Kovacevic are IMO the most likely to be moved based solely on the direction the team is going add to it that either Levshunov or Parekh could also be added and that also suggests that Barron is likely on his way out
    jonh514 liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 12:39 p.m.
    New Star Rising
    Thanks! Yeah these kinda posts are tricky. Bourque would be my #1 of the 3 options here

As a Stars fan, I wouldn’t trade Bourque or Stankoven. They are putting up some great numbers playing together in Austin. Come next year I would expect them both to be playing in Dallas on the same line. I don’t see a spot for Barron. Lundkvist is a work in progress, but he’s coming along fine. With the Harley - Miro pair clicking, I don’t see the value of bringing in Barron while losing Bourque.
    jonh514 liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 12:45 p.m.
    Quoting: Campabee
    After in 25-26 Reinbacher and Mailloux should be here also Konyushkov will either be coming over or only be a year from coming over, sure we could keep Barron until then but doesn't it make more sense to move him now while his value is still high as opposed to waiting for those 3 to push him out of the lineup? Also we have Matheson, Guhle, Xhekaj, Savard and Struble to give ice time to next year and if either of Hutson or Reinbacher push for a spot Barron loses his. Savard isn't likely being moved, as much as some want him to be, he provides a great playoff style that none of our other D offers and with the goal being to make the playoffs its likely he stays. Harris, Barron and Kovacevic are IMO the most likely to be moved based solely on the direction the team is going add to it that either Levshunov or Parekh could also be added and that also suggests that Barron is likely on his way out

I am 100% waiting for them to push him out of the lineup, there is no guarantee that they will. We need to let our "in house" options cook. Harris and Kovy definitely do not have a place moving forward so they can go whenever but I am not on board with moving a quality option for RD when we finally have a few to choose from.

I'd gladly move our 1sts this year to add top talent to our F group and give it a year or two afterwards to see who fits where before we start selling what prospects we already have.
    jonh514 and Shanesaw9 liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 1:52 p.m.
    Habs 2010
    After in 25-26 Reinbacher and Mailloux should be here also Konyushkov will either be coming over or only be a year from coming over, sure we could keep Barron until then but doesn't it make more sense to move him now while his value is still high as opposed to waiting for those 3 to push him out of the lineup?

I don't think Barron's value has peaked yet, in fact I would say he's on the cusp of breaking out in the NHL. Play him in the top 4 next season, as he progresses his value will only get better. See how Mailloux and Reinbacher are progressing before making a decision on Barron.
    Feb. 13 at 2:00 p.m.
    I don't think Barron's value has peaked yet, in fact I would say he's on the cusp of breaking out in the NHL. Play him in the top 4 next season, as he progresses his value will only get better. See how Mailloux and Reinbacher are progressing before making a decision on Barron.

I wasn't advocating to trade him right now, I was answering the question of why Barron is constantly being traded on here.
    Feb. 13 at 2:04 p.m.
    Habs 2010
    I wasn't advocating to trade him right now, I was answering the question of why Barron is constantly being traded on here.

You said "doesn't it make more sense to move him now while his value is still high as opposed to waiting for those 3 to push him out of the lineup?" (those 3 being Mailloux, Reinbacher, Konyushkov).
    Feb. 13 at 2:21 p.m.
    You said "doesn't it make more sense to move him now while his value is still high as opposed to waiting for those 3 to push him out of the lineup?" (those 3 being Mailloux, Reinbacher, Konyushkov).

I did, I also said that those 3 aren't likely to be in the lineup until 25-26.

I see I added the word now in that first sentence, I just mistyped, it should have said "doesn't it makes sense to move him while is value is high still as opposed to waiting for those 3 to push him out of the lineup" my bad for the typo. I just don't see Barron as part of our long term future, as stated in the original quote
    Shanesaw9 liked this.
    Feb. 13 at 2:28 p.m.
    Quoting: Howie
    Btw barlow can't play ahl next year would have to go back to junior. After the 2nd post draft year he can play ahl

Thanks. It was a combination of me forgetting the rule / forgetting when he was drafted. haha.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll