LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW
RFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 28 at 4:35 a.m.
Riiiiight. Let me know when the shuttle lands...
Feb. 28 at 5:09 a.m.
Sorry to be rude but this trade is not in the realm of reality. Not happening at all. Petterson turned down 12 million for 8 years exhibiting how much he does NOT want to be in Vancouver. why would we trade a corner stone defenseman for a dude who doesn't want to remain where he is? We would not trade Seider regardless.
aedoran and RedWing9119 liked this.
Feb. 28 at 5:29 a.m.
Lets go Canucklehea
Quoting: HockeyTownArmchair
Sorry to be rude but this trade is not in the realm of reality. Not happening at all. Petterson turned down 12 million for 8 years exhibiting how much he does NOT want to be in Vancouver. why would we trade a corner stone defenseman for a dude who doesn't want to remain where he is? We would not trade Seider regardless.

I don’t know where you got your info, but he has not turned anything down as he said he isn’t doing anything contract wise until the end of the season
So it’s not the end of season yet, but I think he will leave now because of how pathetic most Canuck fans are acting for not signing yet when he said in Sweden on the boat with Elliott’ Friedman he was waiting until the end of the season and now he knows how Canuck fans and the ownership act when they don’t get their way and will want out
How is this not in the realm of possibility?
I doubt anyone in this trade Detroit is trading to Vancouver is an untouchable for a player like EP40 who can get 5 point games like nothing and put him with DeBrincat or Raymond or Kane and either of those wingers will be better then playing with Larkin who is a good centre but not a 100 point player
Feb. 28 at 5:42 a.m.
I can assure you that this trade will never happen. Detroit isn't trading Seider it's just that simple.
Feb. 28 at 5:46 a.m.
Quoting: IjustNEEDaTROYgamble
I don’t know where you got your info, but he has not turned anything down as he said he isn’t doing anything contract wise until the end of the season
So it’s not the end of season yet, but I think he will leave now because of how pathetic most Canuck fans are acting for not signing yet when he said in Sweden on the boat with Elliott’ Friedman he was waiting until the end of the season and now he knows how Canuck fans and the ownership act when they don’t get their way and will want out
I doubt anyone in this trade Detroit is trading to Vancouver is an untouchable for a player like EP40 who can get 5 point games like nothing and put him with DeBrincat or Raymond or Kane and either of those wingers will be better then playing with Larkin who is a good centre but not a 100 point player

Not in the realm of reality because, in what world are we giving ALL of that up for a dude who does not want to be where he is? Especially when that package contains a corner stone defenseman regarded as one of the best in the league all around at the age of 22? Hedman is who Yzerman sees in Seider, he is not going anywhere.
RedWing9119 liked this.
Feb. 28 at 6:31 a.m.
Lets go Canucklehea
Quoting: HockeyTownArmchair
Not in the realm of reality because, in what world are we giving ALL of that up for a dude who does not want to be where he is? Especially when that package contains a corner stone defenseman regarded as one of the best in the league all around at the age of 22? Hedman is who Yzerman sees in Seider, he is not going anywhere.

You Detroit guys crack me up, 100 point player with 75 points in 61 games and the chance to be the 1st back to back 100 point Swedish player and one that is great 2 way player is not one you find often
Seider is the cost and specially when Detroit fans keep going on about how many good defense prospects they have in Pelica, Wallinder, Edvinsson but how many 1C prospects do they have that are entering their prime?
Pettersson has not said one word about resigning because he wants to deal with it in the offseason as he has said when he talked to Friedman in Stockholm and if the stupid Canucks owner can’t understand it then he will see him get traded or sign a 1 year deal, guys like Petey they don’t get strong armed to resigning from pathetically desperate Canuck fans or owner
He will just move on to a team that listens when he tells them what his plan is, not like if he doesn’t want to sign with the Canucks, they have the draft to shop him and trade him
Feb. 28 at 6:32 a.m.
Lets go Canucklehea
Quoting: aedoran
I can assure you that this trade will never happen. Detroit isn't trading Seider it's just that simple.

If Gretz can get traded, anybody can specially a shrewd operator like Yzerman in charge of Hockey ops
Feb. 28 at 6:53 a.m.
If Gretz can get traded, anybody can specially a shrewd operator like Yzerman in charge of Hockey ops

You are right any player can be traded but if you read my comment I didn't Seider can't be traded. I said Detroit ISN'T trading Seider.

Gretzky asked to be traded and that didn't happen until he was 27.
Feb. 28 at 7:04 a.m.
You crack me up. Not looking at the whole scope of where Detroit is, putting your own biases and opinions above what is actually happening.

Detroit struggles on what end of the ice? Offense or defense? So now that they are scoring goals amongst the best in the league, while struggling to keep the puck out………….. they should trade their future long time 1RHD for another forward? And ruin their cap space? Doesn’t matter how good defensively he is.

Or should they keep their players, keep their manageable cap space, and enjoy all the offense before ELC contracts for Edvinsson, Wallinder, ASP, Gibson join in replacing the “Yzerman mistake signings.” Not to mention this trade doesn’t include Kasper or Danielson.
Feb. 28 at 8:04 a.m.
arky

So he wants to wait to the end of the season, and you want to pass that issue off to someone else. In your flawed logic Wings will trade Seider to be in the same jackpot? No way. 1st off Seider is younger and plays a premium postion and is cost controlled, You want to rid the Canucks issue that Petersson wants to wait and Canucks get certainty while Wings pay a premium to take on the uncertainty. Sorry but this is wrong and Very Canucks centric
Feb. 28 at 8:25 a.m.
Quoting: CoachCoach
You crack me up. Not looking at the whole scope of where Detroit is, putting your own biases and opinions above what is actually happening.

Detroit struggles on what end of the ice? Offense or defense? So now that they are scoring goals amongst the best in the league, while struggling to keep the puck out………….. they should trade their future long time 1RHD for another forward? And ruin their cap space? Doesn’t matter how good defensively he is.

Or should they keep their players, keep their manageable cap space, and enjoy all the offense before ELC contracts for Edvinsson, Wallinder, ASP, Gibson join in replacing the “Yzerman mistake signings.” Not to mention this trade doesn’t include Kasper or Danielson.

Gibson is the one
Feb. 28 at 8:47 a.m.
Joe
You're already getting cooked so yeah. My opinion lays with these guys. Rather not have my team's RD1 be like Justin Holl or someone on their off-hand.
AmeriCanadian liked this.
Feb. 28 at 10:28 a.m.
Quoting: mmccRed198913
Gibson is the one

Taking a big step this year. If he turns into the 3RHD long term I’d be thrilled.
Feb. 28 at 10:34 a.m.
Replace Seider with like... pretty much anyone else. Seider isn't up for offer, especially for a forward
Feb. 28 at 11:14 a.m.
Red Wings pass.
Red Wings can’t afford Petey.
Arizona isn’t interested in Mikheyev.
Feb. 28 at 11:51 a.m.
AZ passes they arent trading 2 young C and young D (both positions are weakest at) for a vet W for 2 years (by far deepest position).
Feb. 29 at 3:38 a.m.
Lets go Canucklehea
Quoting: mikearky
So he wants to wait to the end of the season, and you want to pass that issue off to someone else. In your flawed logic Wings will trade Seider to be in the same jackpot? No way. 1st off Seider is younger and plays a premium postion and is cost controlled, You want to rid the Canucks issue that Petersson wants to wait and Canucks get certainty while Wings pay a premium to take on the uncertainty. Sorry but this is wrong and Very Canucks centric

A top pair RHD and a 2 way 1C that scores a 100 points is pretty rare air so one is not worth more then the other except one has 2 rounds of playoff experience where he excelled in the bubble playoffs and Seider has not played any games of consequence yet which is the only difference between the two when it comes to differences
Get rid?
I think those Little Caesar’s pizzas are stopping you from thinking clearly because it will be a derby to get Petey and every team he wants to go to will be in the mix and if Detroit thinks they don’t need a 1C that plays better then Zetterberg did then that’s their loss specially when the Redwings have the assets to make the trade and like I said Red Wings still have Edvinsson, Wallinder, Tuomisto and Pellikka which is pretty dam good to cover Seider because Canucks want either Seider or Larkin and Larkin has a NTC so that leaves Seider
Feb. 29 at 3:51 a.m.
Lets go Canucklehea
Quoting: AmeriCanadian
Replace Seider with like... pretty much anyone else. Seider isn't up for offer, especially for a forward

Yeah you mean a 1C that puts up a 100 points?
They are pretty even except EP40 has 17 games of playoff experience in which he has 18 points (7 goals, 11 assists) but Seider has not played in any games of consequence yet
Feb. 29 at 7:24 a.m.
Yeah you mean a 1C that puts up a 100 points?
They are pretty even except EP40 has 17 games of playoff experience in which he has 18 points (7 goals, 11 assists) but Seider has not played in any games of consequence yet

Yes I know Pettersson is good. He's excellent even. But our 22 year old number one d-man who plays a physical game is absolutely not for sale. It's that straight forward
Feb. 29 at 10:06 a.m.
arky
A top pair RHD and a 2 way 1C that scores a 100 points is pretty rare air so one is not worth more then the other except one has 2 rounds of playoff experience where he excelled in the bubble playoffs and Seider has not played any games of consequence yet which is the only difference between the two when it comes to differences
Get rid?
I think those Little Caesar’s pizzas are stopping you from thinking clearly because it will be a derby to get Petey and every team he wants to go to will be in the mix and if Detroit thinks they don’t need a 1C that plays better then Zetterberg did then that’s their loss specially when the Redwings have the assets to make the trade and like I said Red Wings still have Edvinsson, Wallinder, Tuomisto and Pellikka which is pretty dam good to cover Seider because Canucks want either Seider or Larkin and Larkin has a NTC so that leaves Seider

But you forget that Seider for Petersson is not something Yzerman would do. Also Petersson wants 10 to 12 mil where Seider is cost controlled. And a derby it may be but one that alot of teams will not race in and Wings are one that will partake, due to the uncertainty of being able to lock up EP before he hits FA. Yzerman is a shroud GM and he is not going to take that risk seeing how his rebuild is progressing. So let me say you whale blubber is skewing your view of what Yzerman would due
Feb. 29 at 2:50 p.m.
Lets go Canucklehea
Quoting: mikearky
But you forget that Seider for Petersson is not something Yzerman would do. Also Petersson wants 10 to 12 mil where Seider is cost controlled. And a derby it may be but one that alot of teams will not race in and Wings are one that will partake, due to the uncertainty of being able to lock up EP before he hits FA. Yzerman is a shroud GM and he is not going to take that risk seeing how his rebuild is progressing. So let me say you whale blubber is skewing your view of what Yzerman would due

Cost controlled yes, but he is going to be getting a minimum of a $8,000,000 cap hit for the next 4 years as he is an RFA after this season too, so the savings are not as much as you think, if Yzerman was smart he would offer Seider an 8 year deal at $8,000,000 and then Seider becomes a UFA at 30 still enough for 1 or 2 more contracts

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll