Logo of the Boston Bruins
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 10 at 12:34 p.m.
Doubt that was the geography based trade, but we will see

I know Friedman mentioned a defenseman / goalie for defenseman with an eastern timeline team.
Mar. 10 at 12:36 p.m.
Quoting: Celtics21

I know Friedman mentioned a defenseman / goalie for defenseman with an eastern timeline team.

Friedman was saying that he heard the trade Ullmark shut down was Ullmark + a defenseman to an eastern conference team for another defenseman. So it's something in this neighborhood.
Mar. 10 at 12:47 p.m.
Quoting: dugg133
Friedman was saying that he heard the trade Ullmark shut down was Ullmark + a defenseman to an eastern conference team for another defenseman. So it's something in this neighborhood.

Friedman specially said he doesn’t want to report on other people’s reporting, but there was atleast one serious deal
In the eastern time zone. I didn’t hear that as the deal that Ullmark turned down.

Philly, Ottawa, Carolina, and NJ could have easily fit that description.

To me, it sounds like Ullmark just told Sweeney he was not inclined to change his no protection list in the season
Mar. 10 at 1:04 p.m.
KFTW

Friedman specially said he doesn’t want to report on other people’s reporting, but there was atleast one serious deal
In the eastern time zone. I didn’t hear that as the deal that Ullmark turned down.

Philly, Ottawa, Carolina, and NJ could have easily fit that description.

To me, it sounds like Ullmark just told Sweeney he was not inclined to change his no protection list in the season

He actually accidentally said Sens fast when he was talking about it and then immediately corrected himself and said Bruins
dugg133 liked this.
Mar. 10 at 1:04 p.m.
This is on top of the deal he nixed with LAK? If he has 14 western conference teams on NTC, 2 in East…who would be most likely Eastern teams?

It sounds like NJD had discussions about Toffoli, Ullmark three-way, but Devils were asked for an additional asset that they didn’t want to give up (I don’t believe it got very far).

And NJD wouldn’t fit the dman thing…only guy we were selling was Colin Miller. And that doesn’t bring a starting goalie.
Mar. 10 at 2:17 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
This is on top of the deal he nixed with LAK? If he has 14 western conference teams on NTC, 2 in East…who would be most likely Eastern teams?

It sounds like NJD had discussions about Toffoli, Ullmark three-way, but Devils were asked for an additional asset that they didn’t want to give up (I don’t believe it got very far).

And NJD wouldn’t fit the dman thing…only guy we were selling was Colin Miller. And that doesn’t bring a starting goalie.

No I think the assumption is that the report about the Kings was wrong and that this is the actual deal brought to Ullmark that he turned down. Bruins have wanted to trade for Chychrun for like 2 years now, so it makes sense.
csick liked this.
Mar. 10 at 2:21 p.m.
Quoting: csick
He actually accidentally said Sens fast when he was talking about it and then immediately corrected himself and said Bruins

I listened to a lot of interviews with him.

This one was one

https://youtu.be/vfRB-U4pA4k?feature=shared

3:50 to about 5 minute mark

I think there was another one as well that you are referencing
Mar. 10 at 2:23 p.m.
Edited Mar. 10 at 2:40 p.m.
No I think the assumption is that the report about the Kings was wrong and that this is the actual deal brought to Ullmark that he turned down. Bruins have wanted to trade for Chychrun for like 2 years now, so it makes sense.

Ottawa also has liked Fabian Lysell. Probably a lot of possibilities there and it’s been a lot longer than two years.

Either way, my guess is the concept of shot down specific trades is likely overblown. Telling Sweeney he is not inclined to change his no trade locations is different than going I won’t take this trade and I doubt Sweeney wouldn’t check in before getting to a serious point in the deal

We did here that NJ was in Jake Allen’s no trade list and he waived it
Mar. 10 at 3:07 p.m.
Nah.
Glad BOS pivoted to the logical Plan B.

Andrew Peeke.
Mar. 10 at 5:20 p.m.
Edited Mar. 10 at 5:30 p.m.
Quoting: dopplsan
Glad BOS pivoted to the logical Plan B.

Andrew Peeke.

I remember the kid from Notre Dame and what he was in his early days in Columbus. If he becomes Jake Middleton for Boston, my guess is some Columbus fans might have some revisionist beliefs on him.

Hes looked like garbage this year and I get why you are happy they got rid of his contract, but I still think there is talent in their and I believe in Boston’s player development staff more than I would Columbus’s.

Still don’t understand the third for him, but I also believe thirds are often throwaway picks based on history.
Mar. 10 at 5:44 p.m.
Nah.
I remember the kid from Notre Dame and what he was in his early days in Columbus. If he becomes Jake Middleton for Boston, my guess is some Columbus fans might have some revisionist beliefs on him.

Hes looked like garbage this year and I get why you are happy they got rid of his contract, but I still think there is talent in their and I believe in Boston’s player development staff more than I would Columbus’s.

Still don’t understand the third for him, but I also believe thirds are often throwaway picks based on history.

I mean, that’s one way to justify it to yourself, I guess? Value to CBJ here wasn’t the 3rd, it was the cap space and roster spot, so the larger benefit here is immediate, not 2027. If that pick turns into even a depth NHLer, mission more than accomplished.

Peeke will most likely be…fine in BOS. He was good in college, good in the AHL, but wasn’t able to translate it at the NHL level, for the most part. It’s a story we’ve seen an hundred times.

Injuries forced CBJ’s hand and had them playing him way above his head (he was a top-pair player for runs of last season). He had flashes when paired with better D, and is at least a guy wiling to put the body on the line, if nothing else. BOS will be able to shelter him.

It’s more just…you could throw a UFA veteran into that D core and likely get similar production. Not sure who BOS was bidding against here. Would not have surprised me to see Peeke as a waiver candidate sooner rather than later.
Mar. 10 at 5:58 p.m.
Edited Mar. 10 at 6:04 p.m.
Quoting: dopplsan
I mean, that’s one way to justify it to yourself, I guess? Value to CBJ here wasn’t the 3rd, it was the cap space and roster spot, so the larger benefit here is immediate, not 2027.

Peeke will most likely be…fine in BOS. He was good in college, good in the AHL, but wasn’t able to translate it at the NHL level, for the most part. It’s a story we’ve seen an hundred times.

Injuries forced CBJ’s hand and had them playing him way above his head (he was a top-pair player for runs of last season). He had flashes when paired with better D, and is at least a guy wiling to put the body on the line, if nothing else. BOS will be able to shelter him.

It’s more just…you could throw a UFA veteran into that D core and likely get similar production. Not sure who BOS was bidding against here. Would not have surprised me to see Peeke as a waiver candidate sooner rather than later.

Not justifying the deal. I don’t think they needed to give a 3rd or take the whole contract. Columbus should be happy,

I would rather have them picked up an expiring like Joel Edmundson.

My hope is that the kid shows what he did in year 1 and at Notre Dame, because Columbus’s player development and coach are frankly bad while Boston is pretty damn good. They’ve really hit on a lot of fringe players
Mar. 10 at 8:37 p.m.
Nah.
Not justifying the deal. I don’t think they needed to give a 3rd or take the whole contract. Columbus should be happy,

I would rather have them picked up an expiring like Joel Edmundson.

My hope is that the kid shows what he did in year 1 and at Notre Dame, because Columbus’s player development and coach are frankly bad while Boston is pretty damn good. They’ve really hit on a lot of fringe players

Results can’t deny that conclusion, but I’d hold off on the “frankly bad” when you remember BOS’ average draft position for its starting players is the second highest in the league. Good on them for having Swayman and Ullmark (UFA) play well, but being hinged by McAvoy and Lindholm certainly helps.

Drafts are ****hshows. Just ask EDM.
Mar. 11 at 12:04 a.m.
Two were minimum players brought in during free agency.
JVR is a $1M player who was drafted #2 overall
Kevin Shattenkirk is a $1.2M player who was drafted #14

I’d argue that Zacha was in a similar position as a “second draft” type player. We acquired him for a journeyman

The trade for Lindholm gave up high value assets. Coyle … not so much. Forbort was a fringe 3rd liner when brought in,

They developed Pasta, McAvoy, DeBrusk, Frederic (not sure who the 5th is unless they are including zboril.

I literally was talking about how they took a bunch of lower salary players / also rans and are still pushing for outstanding performances
Mar. 11 at 11:04 a.m.
Edited Mar. 11 at 11:14 a.m.

Friedman went on 32 thoughts and said some interesting things

1. He has no reason to believe the trade Ullmark nixed wasn’t LA and LA was unhappy that it got out because it brings questions on what played were involved

2. Ullmark thought he was going to be traded and likely knows it is not over and will be revisited

3. There were multiple teams interested in Ullmark

4. @nhlfan10506, @dgibb10

One team talking about Ullmark asked for Swayman and was immediately shut down. Sounds like something NJ would do and makes me now believe that Fitzgerald’s comments were solely about Calgary

5. Andrew Peeke is a better player than his situation in Columbus

6. Boston was probably one of the most disappointed teams at the deadline
dgibb10 liked this.
Mar. 11 at 12:05 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

1. He has no reason to believe the trade Ullmark nixed wasn’t LA and LA was unhappy that it got out because it brings questions on what played were involved

2. Ullmark thought he was going to be traded and likely knows it is not over and will be revisited

4. nhlfan10506, dgibb10

One team talking about Ullmark asked for Swayman and was immediately shut down. Sounds like something NJ would do and makes me now believe that Fitzgerald’s comments were solely about Calgary

Yeah that 100% sounds like Fitzy
Mar. 11 at 4:04 p.m.

4. nhlfan10506, dgibb10

Fitzgerald was pissed about the Calgary ordeal (rightfully so...as should Markstrom himself too)
May have gotten strung along by Nashville a bit too.

Swayman would look good in Black and Red.
Mar. 11 at 4:06 p.m.
Fitzgerald was pissed about the Calgary ordeal (rightfully so...as should Markstrom himself too)
May have gotten strung along by Nashville a bit too.

Swayman would look good in Black and Red.

Already looks good in black and gold. It was worth a try. Nice to see it rejected outright.
Mar. 11 at 4:09 p.m.
Already looks good in black and gold. It was worth a try. Nice to see it rejected outright.

Never hurts to ask
Mar. 11 at 4:21 p.m.
Never hurts to ask

Signed Craig Conroy

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll