NASHVILLE just soiled their litter box!
Apr. 28 at 8:44 p.m.
Quoting: McGruff
COL is really good at hockey!

Quoting: CantStopWontStop
It makes no sense and it’s killing me.

Winnipeg Jets
Team game BUT Helly basically in the stat-basement for playoff goalies: .870 SV% & 5.22 GAA, 1W/3L in 218-minutes, 19G allowed
woof woof!

Yeah I'll be honest if it weren't for Hellebuyck those games would all be much bigger blowouts. The Jets looked dangerous in game 1 but nothing else
McGruff liked this.
Apr. 28 at 8:51 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Yeah I'll be honest if it weren't for Hellebuyck those games would all be much bigger blowouts. The Jets looked dangerous in game 1 but nothing else

Very true ( ^ ^ I said first-off TEAM game ^ ^) but it is what it is and it ain't pretty!
HockeyScotty liked this.
Apr. 28 at 9:40 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: Rangsey
Thing is, there have been multiple times in this series the Leafs best players have had the game in their stick and in those moments they have failed to capitalize. It doesn't matter how close you are over the course of the game/series of you don't win the big moments.

Last year, Tampa was better than the Leafs for the whole first series. But they lost the big moments.
Year before the Leafs were better than tampa for most of the series, but didnt capitalize on the big moments.

The Leafs best players are losing the big moments and that's why they're losing the series.

Simply not true... Leafs were the better team, but revisionist history says otherwise
Apr. 28 at 9:50 p.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Simply not true... Leafs were the better team, but revisionist history says otherwise

Last year? Disagree.
Year before. Yes that's what I said.
Apr. 28 at 9:57 p.m.
Very true ( ^ ^ I said first-off TEAM game ^ ^) but it is what it is and it ain't pretty!

Josh Morrisey and Kyle Connor have been the only consistent threats but the Avs have been able to push them to the perimeter. The lack of jam and sustained commitment to the forecheck has been surprising since that's what killed us in the regular season against the Jets.

Captain Lowry has been a null factor since game 1
McGruff liked this.
Apr. 28 at 10:44 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
SWEEP!
Apr. 29 at 1:35 a.m.
Pretty impressive game from Skinner and the Oilers locked down the 2nd half of the 3rd period.
Apr. 29 at 8:50 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Last year? Disagree.
Year before. Yes that's what I said.

Last year... The only games that the goalie stole the show were Game 3 and Game 5...
Apr. 29 at 10:14 a.m.
SHL NJD GM
The Kings got Skinner'd last night, 33 shots but no goals (Oilers only had 13 shots too but they had the 1 goal)
oilersguy liked this.
Apr. 29 at 10:33 a.m.
Amirov Forever
There's a widespread belief that the Leafs will look to trade Mitch Marner if they lose in the 1st round again. This would be one of the biggest trades of the cap era, so where do you guys think Marner will wind up?

I think New Jersey makes sense, they have a surplus of very elite defensive prospects that will be enticing to Toronto (Casey 👀), and also some good young players like Mercer. They also have the 10th overall pick which will likely be a defenseman, which is of no use to NJD. Wonder if that is in play.

Nashville also makes sense to me, I could see something revolving around Tomasino + Askarov being a solid base.

Utah could also make a lot of sense, they have so many picks and prospects while also having a desire to compete.

It'll be an interesting offseason
Apr. 29 at 10:37 a.m.
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
There's a widespread belief that the Leafs will look to trade Mitch Marner if they lose in the 1st round again. This would be one of the biggest trades of the cap era, so where do you guys think Marner will wind up?

I think New Jersey makes sense, they have a surplus of very elite defensive prospects that will be enticing to Toronto (Casey 👀), and also some good young players like Mercer. They also have the 10th overall pick which will likely be a defenseman, which is of no use to NJD. Wonder if that is in play.

Nashville also makes sense to me, I could see something revolving around Tomasino + Askarov being a solid base.

Utah could also make a lot of sense, they have so many picks and prospects while also having a desire to compete.

I don't see NJ, they already have J. Hughes, Bratt, Meier, Hischier +, they don't really need Marner
Apr. 29 at 10:42 a.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I don't see NJ, they already have J. Hughes, Bratt, Meier, Hischier +, they don't really need Marner

That's fair, just thought it was an interesting fit based on what they could offer Toronto and also because they can afford him. They have their core locked down for the foreseeable future, so there won't be many surprised

I guess you could list Seattle as a suitor instead
Apr. 29 at 10:51 a.m.
Last year... The only games that the goalie stole the show were Game 3 and Game 5...

And Tampa won game one and out played them most of game 4. Toronto just won the big moments.
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Apr. 29 at 11:16 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
And Tampa won game one and out played them most of game 4. Toronto just won the big moments.

Toronto. had more pressure in G4... Leafs were tied in shots with TBL when Killorn scored to make it 4-1

And then look at the TBL goals... 1 outside the dots, 1 tip off of a foot
Apr. 29 at 11:36 a.m.
Toronto. had more pressure in G4... Leafs were tied in shots with TBL when Killorn scored to make it 4-1

And then look at the TBL goals... 1 outside the dots, 1 tip off of a foot

Not sure how you spend this much time on a hockey forum and not know how score effects work. As for the type of goal, that's playoffs dude. If you just go on pretty goals you don't get out of the first round.

Tampa was better Leafs just came in clutch for the only time in their recent history. Turns out it was a blip not a break of the trend. But I get it, it's the only time your team has seen any success and you wanna defend it, that's cool.
Apr. 29 at 11:42 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Not sure how you spend this much time on a hockey forum and not know how score effects work. As for the type of goal, that's playoffs dude. If you just go on pretty goals you don't get out of the first round.

Tampa was better Leafs just came in clutch for the only time in their recent history. Turns out it was a blip not a break of the trend. But I get it, it's the only time your team has seen any success and you wanna defend it, that's cool.

Obviously I know how score effects work, but when nearly half of TBL's shots come in period 1... They didn't outplay Toronto in game 4... It was from sustained waves of pressure that had Toronto get their goals (The type of penalties TBL took suggest that).

It's revisionists history to suggest otherwise... Vasy was a brick wall, like how Swayman is now... Toronto figured out how to beat that brick wall by testing him from different locations and that's when the gates opened.
Apr. 29 at 11:47 a.m.
Edited Apr. 29 at 11:54 a.m.
Obviously I know how score effects work, but when nearly half of TBL's shots come in period 1... They didn't outplay Toronto in game 4... It was from sustained waves of pressure that had Toronto get their goals (The type of penalties TBL took suggest that).

It's revisionists history to suggest otherwise... Vasy was a brick wall, like how Swayman is now... Toronto figured out how to beat that brick wall by testing him from different locations and that's when the gates opened.

Now who's the revisionist. Vasy was not good last year. Credit to Toronto they figured him out, but he was off.
Apr. 29 at 11:55 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Now who's the revisionist. Vasy was not good last year. Credit to Toronto they figured him out a little, but he was off.

In games 1, 2 and 3, yes, he was off... But there wasn't a "bad goal" in games 4 and 5... +Vasy made clutch saves in G6 (Even if the JT goal was a little bad...)
Apr. 29 at 12:18 p.m.

It's 100% up to Mitch Marner and Mitch Marner alone about IF and WHERE he gets traded, due to NMC.

Would he waive his to go to Pittsburgh? Would Pittsburgh require Erik Karlsson to be the one going the other way and would he waive his NMC to go to Toronto?

If Marner wanted to leave Toronto, he can just wait for his contract to come up after next year (and another year of cap increases) and then leave on the open market or at next year's trade deadline when it is much easier to move money around and he can see who is a contender and he has a chance to improve his value during the regular season not now when it might be at it's lowest.

He isn't just going to bow down to the fan/media speculation and slink away cheaply. There is no motivation for him to do that.
Apr. 29 at 12:32 p.m.

Way ahead of you:

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/816118?post_id=4840832

What a pro wants, what a pro needs, whatever something something damn I skinned my knees...
Apr. 29 at 12:53 p.m.
I’m not sure I’ll make it to the end of the playoffs if they don’t get a few new commercials in the mix. Make it so every other commercial break is different plz. The same every time is pain.
Apr. 29 at 2:39 p.m.
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
I’m not sure I’ll make it to the end of the playoffs if they don’t get a few new commercials in the mix. Make it so every other commercial break is different plz. The same every time is pain.

It's better than the ESPN regular season "event break" loop that was annoying and repetitive beyond belief.
CantStopWontStop liked this.
Apr. 29 at 2:48 p.m.
Now Dave Hakstol is fired as HC of the Kraken
CantStopWontStop liked this.
Apr. 29 at 2:48 p.m.
SHL NJD GM
Friedman has allegedly said "It will be the end of the current group" if the Leafs don't pull a comeback. I'm surprised MLSE has the balls to do this, I'd argue it should've been done 1-2 years ago but better late than never, now onto the speculation of who leaves (JT and Marner seem like the obvious ones)
zk97, Saskleaf and Leafsfan98 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll