Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$92,500,000$73,399,166$0$4,925,000$19,100,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LW, RW, C
UFA
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
C
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RW, C
RFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, C, RW
RFA
Lindstrom, Cayden
$950,000$950,000
$7,500,000$7,500,000
RW, LW
UFA
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, C
RFA
$950,000$950,000
C
RFA
McQueen, Roger
$950,000$950,000
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,250,000$4,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RW
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 5
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
UFA - 1
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
G
RFA - 1
$855,833$855,833
LD
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RD
RFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$825,000$825,000
C
RFA - 1
Dumps, Cap
$10,000,000$10,000,000
$825,000$825,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 23 at 10:04 a.m.
Stanlerz clurp!
RicXX liked this.
Mar. 23 at 10:09 a.m.
I'm never really a fan of the tall october birthday prospects who's entire profile relies around physicality a year out. They never end up staying in the top 10 come draft year. So not a big fan of McQueen with a top 10 pick. At this point I would rather bet on the skill guys to grow another inch or two, like McKinney. Yoinking Ehlers would be sick though
ChiHawk, Garak and RicXX liked this.
Mar. 23 at 10:30 a.m.
exo2769
Quoting: SlickWilly
I'm never really a fan of the tall october birthday prospects who's entire profile relies around physicality a year out. They never end up staying in the top 10 come draft year. So not a big fan of McQueen with a top 10 pick. At this point I would rather bet on the skill guys to grow another inch or two, like McKinney. Yoinking Ehlers would be sick though

Not a McQueen fan? I'll need to take a closer look. I hear you on physicality in juniors translating to NHL ability. Some kids just grow up faster than others. I'm sure your not a Cayden Lindstrom fan then either?
Garak liked this.
Mar. 23 at 11:20 a.m.
Quoting: exo2769
Not a McQueen fan? I'll need to take a closer look. I hear you on physicality in juniors translating to NHL ability. Some kids just grow up faster than others. I'm sure your not a Cayden Lindstrom fan then either?

The draft is noticeably weaker this year outside of the top 9 or so IMO. There will be diamonds in the rough so to speak, but I see a lot of potential bottom 6/bottom line players in 2/3rds of the 1st round. Even outside of the top 4 or 5, there isn't a lot of top line potential. Unfortunately, the same can be said at this point about the 2025 draft, maybe slighter better than this year. 2026 draft is looking very strong though.
Garak liked this.
Mar. 23 at 11:31 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
The draft is noticeably weaker this year outside of the top 9 or so IMO. There will be diamonds in the rough so to speak, but I see a lot of potential bottom 6/bottom line players in 2/3rds of the 1st round. Even outside of the top 4 or 5, there isn't a lot of top line potential. Unfortunately, the same can be said at this point about the 2025 draft, maybe slighter better than this year. 2026 draft is looking very strong though.

Chicago won't be drafting top 5 in 2026 so I guess it's good that it should be deeper. I'd love to snag another 26 1st via cap dump acquisition this summer
Garak, RicXX and PaulKorea liked this.
Mar. 23 at 11:34 a.m.
Quoting: SlickWilly

I don't think this opinion is going to age well. But we shall see. I think if McQueen falls in the draft order, it will be because others rise, and not because of his own ability. He is going to be an exceptional top 6 power forward, imo.

Passing on Lindstrom is going going to be regretted by a lot of teams if he doesn't go in the top 5. haha

I disagree. I think there is a ton of potential outside of the top 10, and even into the 2nd round. Iginla, Misa, Chernyshov, Artamonov, Sennecke, Boisvert, Stiga, Brunicke, Badinka, Freij, Hutson, Masse, Basha, Parascak, Kiviharju, Jiricek, I could go on and on. There are so many guys with top of the lineup potential in there.

If we are comparing to last year, yeah, it's definitely "weaker." But last year was an abnormally deep draft, that we probably won't see again for a while. On average, this is a very good draft without any steep dropoffs, aside from after Celebrini and then another somewhere in the mid 2nd to early 3rd, probably. Though, I think the drop off after Celebrini has more to do with readiness than what it will look like with the benefit of hindsight in a few years.
Mar. 23 at 11:35 a.m.
Quoting: Wadejos123
Chicago won't be drafting top 5 in 2026 so I guess it's good that it should be deeper. I'd love to snag another 26 1st via cap dump acquisition this summer

I wouldn't be so sure about that. You are probably right, but we could still very easily be at the bottom of the standings in the 25-26 season. Remember, some of these guys are gonna need AHL time once they graduate to pro, and most of them will need time at the NHL level to really click, which will likely be more than one or two seasons.
Mar. 23 at 11:44 a.m.

I think you're right but who knows how the lottery balls bounce and where they end up in the standings. What is certain is for the next 2 seasons they will have a top 10 pick as I don't see this team being competitive until the 26/27 season with the Hawks making a splash or two in free agency in the summer of 2026.

Let's say this draft they take Demidov, Lindstrom, or Levshunov this year, they all should be ready for the 2026/2027 season (Demidov not earlier because of his KHL contract). I would argue the 2025 draft will be more important to take a forward versus defender because of the timetable to have someone ready to play in the NHL within 15 months to start the 2026/2027 season. At that point, the Hawks will have Vlasic, Bedard, Korchinski, Commesso, Nazar, Moore, Rinzel, maybe Gajan, Salggert, and any of Kaiser, Allan, Del Mastro, Dach, Hayes, Greene, etc. plus a fairly young Reichel and Kurashev. The window to start competing will be wide open at that point. Add Levshunov/Demidov/Lindstrom to that list and the 2025 draft pick with 15 months of conditioning if they draft a forward and they should because just looking at the list here of most hopefuls, it's easy to see the number of forwards is lacking.

For the 2026 draft, as you pointed out it is unlikely they get a top 5 pick, that player won't be ready likely until the 2027/2028 season or later.
Mar. 23 at 11:48 a.m.
Quoting: Garak
I don't think this opinion is going to age well. But we shall see. I think if McQueen falls in the draft order, it will be because others rise, and not because of his own ability. He is going to be an exceptional top 6 power forward, imo.

Passing on Lindstrom is going going to be regretted by a lot of teams if he doesn't go in the top 5. haha

I disagree. I think there is a ton of potential outside of the top 10, and even into the 2nd round. Iginla, Misa, Chernyshov, Artamonov, Sennecke, Boisvert, Stiga, Brunicke, Badinka, Freij, Hutson, Masse, Basha, Parascak, Kiviharju, Jiricek, I could go on and on. There are so many guys with top of the lineup potential in there.

If we are comparing to last year, yeah, it's definitely "weaker." But last year was an abnormally deep draft, that we probably won't see again for a while. On average, this is a very good draft without any steep dropoffs, aside from after Celebrini and then another somewhere in the mid 2nd to early 3rd, probably. Though, I think the drop off after Celebrini has more to do with readiness than what it will look like with the benefit of hindsight in a few years.

That's counter to what a few experts are saying including Wheeler who recently just published in The Athletic. The fall off from top line potential is dramatic to most years with only the top 4 or 5 truly having top line potential. Top 6/top 4 it opens up to the top 9 or 10. After that it is noticeably weak with bottom line/bottom 6 guys and by the last 3rd players who have a chance to play "some games" in the NHL.. This according to their analysis. All the guys you listed are Tier 3 or Tier 4, meaning middle or bottom of the lineup guys with outside chance of top 2/top 4 line guys.

2026 is supposed to be particularly strong again, with 2025 being slightly better than 2024.
Mar. 23 at 12:04 p.m.
That's counter to what a few experts are saying including Wheeler who recently just published in The Athletic. The fall off from top line potential is dramatic to most years with only the top 4 or 5 truly having top line potential. Top 6/top 4 it opens up to the top 9 or 10. After that it is noticeably weak with bottom line/bottom 6 guys and by the last 3rd players who have a chance to play "some games" in the NHL.. This according to their analysis. All the guys you listed are Tier 3 or Tier 4, meaning middle or bottom of the lineup guys with outside chance of top 2/top 4 line guys.

2026 is supposed to be particularly strong again, with 2025 being slightly better than 2024.

Yeah. I'm aware of what guys like Wheeler and Pronman are saying. But those two, especially, being with one of the larger hockey publications out there, are always conservative with their rankings and words. Plenty of other public scouts have differing opinions on this years crop. Wheeler and Pronman are not the authority or the "professionals", in my opinion. They are professional writers, or another resource and another voice in the discussion, nothing more. And, like many scouts, they are very often wrong. In my opinion and that of some other public scouts, there are plenty of guys in this draft with top of the lineup potential outside of the top 10. I do not believe the drop off is as dramatic as they are making it seem.
ChiHawk liked this.
Mar. 23 at 12:41 p.m.
Edited Mar. 23 at 12:51 p.m.
Yeah. I'm aware of what guys like Wheeler and Pronman are saying. But those two, especially, being with one of the larger hockey publications out there, are always conservative with their rankings and words. Plenty of other public scouts have differing opinions on this years crop. Wheeler and Pronman are not the authority or the "professionals", in my opinion. They are professional writers, or another resource and another voice in the discussion, nothing more. And, like many scouts, they are very often wrong. In my opinion and that of some other public scouts, there are plenty of guys in this draft with top of the lineup potential outside of the top 10. I do not believe the drop off is as dramatic as they are making it seem.

I get it, but they do, just like scouts, go out and watch in person which a lot of random publications don't. That said, they aren't scouts and like scouts get a lot wrong (the success rate in the NHL is obviously very low), but they are more qualified IMO then most of the other publications.

That said, there is always potential in the the first round to be top of the lineup players, but very few every draft year make it to that ceiling. I do see guys like Greentree, Ignila, Parascak, Parekh, Catton, etc. as far as forwards and outside of the top 8 picks in the draft of having a chance of course, but the likihood of those being top of the lineup players becomes more luck than anything...way too hard to see who develops at this point and is able to improve their shortcomings. Maybe 1 or 2 hits, but they are more than likely middle 6 players or worse IMO.

Every year everyone also gets excited for the current draft and think the draft year is better than it is. 2017 and 2018 were prime examples of this and are old enough to look in hindsight to see how many top of the lineup players. You can even go look at 2019 at this point, which is a stronger draft year, and see how many misses in the first round as far as top the lineup players...maybe 5 or so out of that draft year? I don't think 2024 is better than any of those 3 years and the results are, very few are top of the lineup players.
Garak liked this.
Mar. 23 at 1:23 p.m.

I am not as high on Lindstrom as others (would definitely prefer Demidov or Levshunov) but he's a different case than what I outlined. At this time last year, Lindstrom wasn't very noticed by many and definitely wasnt regarded as an elite prospect. February birthday, so not just better than others due to age and earlier development. His game isn't entirely built around his size, as he has good speed and good puck skills. McQueen's draft profile about his speed and puck skills come with the qualifiers *for his size* which never really excites me, and its built on the hope that it will continue to improve. Not to knock the kid or say that he's gonna bust or anything. There's a reason I don't work as a scout! Just trends i've noticed when scouting prospects a year out
Garak liked this.
Mar. 23 at 2:31 p.m.
exo2769

What about Cayden get's you hyped up? I've watch some of his old games...not a ton to be honest. Super busy this year vs last year, but just like you've outlined some good points of Levshunov...I'm not getting pumped up for Cayden Lindstrom either. Seems like he's on a really deep offensively minded team and Gavin McKenna is certainly the best player on that team. I'm a little concerned that his size right now is getting him a lot of his production. His hockey IQ and effort hasn't been consistent. Obviously his injury hasn't allowed him to play recently, but I'm definitely going to be focused on his continued effort throughout each shift. Sure, maybe some rust. But I'm not sure KD would draft even a medium motor guy.

Maybe this year is different because I haven't had the time to do a deeper dive into prospects, but it does feel like I'm not excited for really any of these guys except Celebrini. It just seems like there's a lot more work each of the prospects need to do. What do you think of Berkley Catton?
Garak liked this.
Mar. 23 at 5:48 p.m.
What about Cayden get's you hyped up? I've watch some of his old games...not a ton to be honest. Super busy this year vs last year, but just like you've outlined some good points of Levshunov...I'm not getting pumped up for Cayden Lindstrom either. Seems like he's on a really deep offensively minded team and Gavin McKenna is certainly the best player on that team. I'm a little concerned that his size right now is getting him a lot of his production. His hockey IQ and effort hasn't been consistent. Obviously his injury hasn't allowed him to play recently, but I'm definitely going to be focused on his continued effort throughout each shift. Sure, maybe some rust. But I'm not sure KD would draft even a medium motor guy.

Maybe this year is different because I haven't had the time to do a deeper dive into prospects, but it does feel like I'm not excited for really any of these guys except Celebrini. It just seems like there's a lot more work each of the prospects need to do. What do you think of Berkley Catton?

Well, Lindstrom has been out since December. And since he left the lineup, Medicine Hat has not been nearly as good. So, he was absolutely driving the bus for that team before the injury. In my viewings his effort/motor/compete/IQ were top notch, he protects the puck super well, the puck is just glued to his stick, he can shoot very well, he can dangle, he can out muscle guys, great passer and playmaker, but also great as a net front presence, a real battler, his defensive play is fantastic, I think he is the real deal total package Selke caliber top 6 forward. Plus, in Tony Ferrari's interview with him, he just seemed like a really good and intelligent kid. I don't see any issues with his IQ or vision, either. He is the kind of guy who just makes things happen every game. I see a lot of Toews in him, some Byfield too.

McKenna is a great offensive player, but at this point in his development that is about all he has going for him. Considering he isn't eligible for the draft until 2026, I'd say he is going to be special, for sure. But, he isn't the "best player" right now, imho. He will be very soon, though.

Levshunov looks way better this last month or so. I think he is really blossoming in these more meaningful games toward the end of the season and the Big10 Championship games. I'm still not a fan of taking him in the top 4 because I think CHI has bigger needs, but I understand if they go that route.

Catton is on the smaller side, but he is a fantastic all around C, in my limited viewings. Real meat and potatoes structured high temp game in all zones. I haven't watched a ton of him, but enough to know that he is another "real deal" type. Top 6 C all day, imo. Motor, compete, IQ, he can score, he can create, he can pass, all the good stuff. And for a smaller dude, he is built tough. Not exactly a physical player, but he can take it and dish it out. I would definitely be in favor of taking him 4th OA or later.

Idk... Maybe I am dead wrong, but I think top 6 forwards are a bigger need for CHI. So, I have Celebrini, Lindstrom/Demidov, and Catton, above Levshunov in that order. There are also some high end LD's that look more than comfortable playing the right side, like Dickinson, Silayev, Buium, etc., I think Buium has a real shot at being the best dman out of this draft and has gone horribly overlooked in favor of some guys who, frankly, aren't as good. If I didn't have my blinders on for so long to LD's, I would've admitted it sooner. So, There are a lot of ways CHI can go, and they are gonna do whatever they are gonna do. Not much I can do about it.
LivingAnew and exo2769 liked this.
Mar. 23 at 6:06 p.m.
I get it, but they do, just like scouts, go out and watch in person which a lot of random publications don't. That said, they aren't scouts and like scouts get a lot wrong (the success rate in the NHL is obviously very low), but they are more qualified IMO then most of the other publications.

That said, there is always potential in the the first round to be top of the lineup players, but very few every draft year make it to that ceiling. I do see guys like Greentree, Ignila, Parascak, Parekh, Catton, etc. as far as forwards and outside of the top 8 picks in the draft of having a chance of course, but the likihood of those being top of the lineup players becomes more luck than anything...way too hard to see who develops at this point and is able to improve their shortcomings. Maybe 1 or 2 hits, but they are more than likely middle 6 players or worse IMO.

Every year everyone also gets excited for the current draft and think the draft year is better than it is. 2017 and 2018 were prime examples of this and are old enough to look in hindsight to see how many top of the lineup players. You can even go look at 2019 at this point, which is a stronger draft year, and see how many misses in the first round as far as top the lineup players...maybe 5 or so out of that draft year? I don't think 2024 is better than any of those 3 years and the results are, very few are top of the lineup players.

I guess... A lot of guys hitting their stride now and/or over the last few years, were drafted in 2014 to 2018. So, it's nice to see some of these guys who pop off a lot sooner, but most guys take time. Also, too much weight is given to "watching games in person", imo. Yes there are some things you could miss when streaming, but overall, it should be more than enough to evaluate players.

I am not having recency bias when I say I have high hopes for this draft. I really don't think it is as bad as those guys are saying. I also don't believe they are more qualified than anyone else. I used to worship Pronman, but in recent years I have come to the conclusion that he is kinda full of $hit, honestly. Not that he doesn't come with some decent input from time to time, but I will see him say things that don't add up quite often. Same with Wheeler to a much lesser degree. And it isn't that I don't like those guys, but I just think people take their opinions and analysis as the holy grail, when it really isn't. But I guess only time will tell.

Also, Catton will go in the top 10. Possibly even top 5.

I still think KD should be trying to trade up as far as he can, because, not to sound like a broken record, but we need quality over quantity, at this point. Maybe even looking around the league for a young player or two that are pricing themselves out of their current club and seeing if he can make some deals. I liked your Kakko proposal the other day. Not sure I would do a 1st, but he'd be a very intriguing target to take a flyer on.
ChiHawk liked this.
Mar. 23 at 7:36 p.m.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. You are probably right, but we could still very easily be at the bottom of the standings in the 25-26 season. Remember, some of these guys are gonna need AHL time once they graduate to pro, and most of them will need time at the NHL level to really click, which will likely be more than one or two seasons.

Well, Lindstrom has been out since December. And since he left the lineup, Medicine Hat has not been nearly as good. So, he was absolutely driving the bus for that team before the injury. In my viewings his effort/motor/compete/IQ were top notch, he protects the puck super well, the puck is just glued to his stick, he can shoot very well, he can dangle, he can out muscle guys, great passer and playmaker, but also great as a net front presence, a real battler, his defensive play is fantastic, I think he is the real deal total package Selke caliber top 6 forward. Plus, in Tony Ferrari's interview with him, he just seemed like a really good and intelligent kid. I don't see any issues with his IQ or vision, either. He is the kind of guy who just makes things happen every game. I see a lot of Toews in him, some Byfield too.

McKenna is a great offensive player, but at this point in his development that is about all he has going for him. Considering he isn't eligible for the draft until 2026, I'd say he is going to be special, for sure. But, he isn't the "best player" right now, imho. He will be very soon, though.

Levshunov looks way better this last month or so. I think he is really blossoming in these more meaningful games toward the end of the season and the Big10 Championship games. I'm still not a fan of taking him in the top 4 because I think CHI has bigger needs, but I understand if they go that route.

Catton is on the smaller side, but he is a fantastic all around C, in my limited viewings. Real meat and potatoes structured high temp game in all zones. I haven't watched a ton of him, but enough to know that he is another "real deal" type. Top 6 C all day, imo. Motor, compete, IQ, he can score, he can create, he can pass, all the good stuff. And for a smaller dude, he is built tough. Not exactly a physical player, but he can take it and dish it out. I would definitely be in favor of taking him 4th OA or later.

Idk... Maybe I am dead wrong, but I think top 6 forwards are a bigger need for CHI. So, I have Celebrini, Lindstrom/Demidov, and Catton, above Levshunov in that order. There are also some high end LD's that look more than comfortable playing the right side, like Dickinson, Silayev, Buium, etc., I think Buium has a real shot at being the best dman out of this draft and has gone horribly overlooked in favor of some guys who, frankly, aren't as good. If I didn't have my blinders on for so long to LD's, I would've admitted it sooner. So, There are a lot of ways CHI can go, and they are gonna do whatever they are gonna do. Not much I can do about it.

Honestly lottery is barley a factor in getting off the bototm 4. Just to get to the cap floor the hawks will have to spend somewhere near 40 million more than they currently have comitted and they also barley have any elc's expiring between now and then. That + Bedard development alone will be enough
Garak liked this.
Mar. 23 at 9:16 p.m.
Honestly lottery is barley a factor in getting off the bototm 4. Just to get to the cap floor the hawks will have to spend somewhere near 40 million more than they currently have comitted and they also barley have any elc's expiring between now and then. That + Bedard development alone will be enough

I'm not sure what you mean by that first sentence. But, I don't think it is gonna be that hard to spend to the cap floor. And I don't think one player improving is going to win us too many more hockey games.
Mar. 23 at 10:03 p.m.
Blackhawks Faithful
This is an awesome thread!

Might I step in here and point out one tiny little detail lots in the hockey world seem to have forgotten...

The vast majority of these kids lost 2 years of development! Just take 2020 and 2021, where were these kids? Same goes for the kids the past 2 years... where will they be with 2 years of continued development. Now is the time to gamble, and wait, and let them over ripen.
LivingAnew liked this.
Mar. 25 at 7:30 a.m.
I'm not sure what you mean by that first sentence. But, I don't think it is gonna be that hard to spend to the cap floor. And I don't think one player improving is going to win us too many more hockey games.

I'm saying it doesn't matter if we win a draft lottery or not. Hawks will be off the bottom 5 by 2026 regardless
Mar. 25 at 7:43 a.m.
I'm saying it doesn't matter if we win a draft lottery or not. Hawks will be off the bottom 5 by 2026 regardless

I don't think it is anywhere near a foregone conclusion that CHI will be out of the bottom 5 by 2026, but it is certainly possible. Just think about it, 25-26 will be most of our prospects first or second years in pro, most of which will still probably be in the AHL, and Kyle Davidson has said he isn't going after big ticket free agents this summer while also alluding that he has no intention of doing so at any point. Which leads me to believe he is going to get more Dickinson/Foligno/Domi/AA/TJohnson types, and cap dumps, to fill out the roster while prospects are developing. So, I'm not sure how you can expect with such certainty that "CHI will be out of the bottom 5 regardless." It is probably more likely that CHI is still a bottom feeder at that point than it is that CHI makes any sort of drastic jump in the standings. It doesn't matter how much money CHI needs to spend, KD seems committed to building from within and padding the cap with short term overpayments and cap dumps in order to get us to the other side of this rebuild. It is the entire point of his plan to get as many high picks as possible before they start trending back up the standings, and do this rebuild from within. So if I were betting one way or the other, I would absolutely put my money on CHI being in the bottom of the standings for 2 to 5 more years.
LivingAnew liked this.
Mar. 25 at 10:26 a.m.
I don't think it is anywhere near a foregone conclusion that CHI will be out of the bottom 5 by 2026, but it is certainly possible. Just think about it, 25-26 will be most of our prospects first or second years in pro, most of which will still probably be in the AHL, and Kyle Davidson has said he isn't going after big ticket free agents this summer while also alluding that he has no intention of doing so at any point. Which leads me to believe he is going to get more Dickinson/Foligno/Domi/AA/TJohnson types, and cap dumps, to fill out the roster while prospects are developing. So, I'm not sure how you can expect with such certainty that "CHI will be out of the bottom 5 regardless." It is probably more likely that CHI is still a bottom feeder at that point than it is that CHI makes any sort of drastic jump in the standings. It doesn't matter how much money CHI needs to spend, KD seems committed to building from within and padding the cap with short term overpayments and cap dumps in order to get us to the other side of this rebuild. It is the entire point of his plan to get as many high picks as possible before they start trending back up the standings, and do this rebuild from within. So if I were betting one way or the other, I would absolutely put my money on CHI being in the bottom of the standings for 2 to 5 more years.

At bare minimum hawks will have Bedard who will be a lock for 100+ points by this point in my opinion. You will also for sure have Nazar and whoever we take top 4 this year in the NHL by then. Then you will be forced to add 40M worth of players just to hit the cap floor. I get that this won't be made up of any big fish FA's, but it will be made up of a few overpaid vets tto help the kids as well as cap dumps. These guys will still no doubt be better than the likes of Raddysh, Entwistle, Tinrodi, etc and all the other guys on our team right now who arguably aern't playing at an NHL level. Then the last factor is any development you get from 2 more years in the NHL for Korchinksi, Reichel, and Vlasic. I won't even mention the possible additions of any other prospects who look like they are within 2 years of being NHL ready (Moore, EDM, Rinzel, etc) or any other draft pick. When I lay all this out I don't see any way this team isn't better 2 years from now. I am not saying we are pushing to make the playoffs, but the bar to get off the bottom 5 isn't high.
Mar. 25 at 1:14 p.m.
At bare minimum hawks will have Bedard who will be a lock for 100+ points by this point in my opinion. You will also for sure have Nazar and whoever we take top 4 this year in the NHL by then. Then you will be forced to add 40M worth of players just to hit the cap floor. I get that this won't be made up of any big fish FA's, but it will be made up of a few overpaid vets tto help the kids as well as cap dumps. These guys will still no doubt be better than the likes of Raddysh, Entwistle, Tinrodi, etc and all the other guys on our team right now who arguably aern't playing at an NHL level. Then the last factor is any development you get from 2 more years in the NHL for Korchinksi, Reichel, and Vlasic. I won't even mention the possible additions of any other prospects who look like they are within 2 years of being NHL ready (Moore, EDM, Rinzel, etc) or any other draft pick. When I lay all this out I don't see any way this team isn't better 2 years from now. I am not saying we are pushing to make the playoffs, but the bar to get off the bottom 5 isn't high.

Coming into the NHL is one thing. Being good in the NHL is a whole different thing. Generally, that takes time. Even guys that dominate in the AHL take time to reach that next level in the NHL. I certainly hope all these kids can come in and be pretty good right off the bat, but I think you underestimate the amount of time it takes for young players to develop and acclimate to the NHL. I don't see any of them coming into the league and immediately being difference makers. And if whoever we draft this year is in the NHL by the 25-26 season, they likely aren't going to be very good right off the bat and will likely be splitting a lot of time. Rebuilds just don't come together like that, that quickly. A lot of things need to go right. I think you are overestimating what they are gonna be so early in their careers, and I'm just not gonna hold my breath or get my hopes too high too soon or get upset if/when they still aren't good in 25-26.
LivingAnew liked this.
Mar. 25 at 1:45 p.m.
Coming into the NHL is one thing. Being good in the NHL is a whole different thing. Generally, that takes time. Even guys that dominate in the AHL take time to reach that next level in the NHL. I certainly hope all these kids can come in and be pretty good right off the bat, but I think you underestimate the amount of time it takes for young players to develop and acclimate to the NHL. I don't see any of them coming into the league and immediately being difference makers. And if whoever we draft this year is in the NHL by the 25-26 season, they likely aren't going to be very good right off the bat and will likely be splitting a lot of time. Rebuilds just don't come together like that, that quickly. A lot of things need to go right. I think you are overestimating what they are gonna be so early in their careers, and I'm just not gonna hold my breath or get my hopes too high too soon or get upset if/when they still aren't good in 25-26.

I'm banking more on Bedard and the forced spending of salary cap more than anything. 18 year Bedard already looks good enough to take over games at times on the offensive end, I can't imagine how good he'll be by 20 if this is what he looks like now. That plus the addition or a couple more Dickinson/Taylor hall type moves
Garak liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll