SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 6 - Nearly Playoffs

Apr. 11 at 7:57 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: aadoyle
But in all seriousness Keefe's probs fuming and would have just had Jones play this one

As this is first NJ game all over lul

Team's gonna wing it for a point lul

Samsonov getting a free pass as usual eh?
Apr. 11 at 7:58 p.m.
Rip
If the game keeps going like this Matthews will hit 70 tonight

I sure hope so
Apr. 11 at 8:03 p.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Quoting: oneX
Pride Nights, Canadian hockey fans, the handling of the presence of racism at various levels within the NHL.

These things are all encompassing and really very easy to address but instead we have players leading the charge on these issues where the league should be the one taking the charge, especially if NHL HQ really believes that the league and sport is globally for everyone.

If “Hockey Is For Everyone” is truly the goal as you claim, I would agree with you. Multiple guys (and teams) respectfully declined to participate in “Pride Night”, and by letting them get lambasted by the media, Bettman and Co in NHL HQ proved that they did not want hockey to be for everyone
Apr. 11 at 8:04 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: RipNasty
Samsonov getting a free pass as usual eh?

Not gonna concern about one bad game in his last 5 vs. a non contender when TOR aint trying lul

If this was over and over like we saw with Woll in his past few would have a concern but till tonight he's been good

Both sides be just chilling and if it wasnt for the offside 3-3 tie game

If it keeps up sucks for the goalies but Matthews should get his 70th which I will take one bad game for Sammy for
Apr. 11 at 8:10 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Not gonna concern about one bad game in his last 5 vs. a non contender when TOR aint trying lul

If this was over and over like we saw with Woll in his past few would have a concern but till tonight he's been good

If it keeps up sucks for the goalies but Matthews should get his 70th which I will take one bad game for Sammy for

If anything more concerned our PP is struggling to much at the wrong time
Apr. 11 at 8:21 p.m.
Amirov Forever
68!!!
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 11 at 8:21 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
If the game keeps going like this Matthews will hit 70 tonight

But in all seriousness man the PP issues are becoming a real concern rn

2 away
Apr. 11 at 8:24 p.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Nice move by Kampf for the lead and a career best
palhal liked this.
Apr. 11 at 8:24 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Dewar and Kampf have just really developed some nice chemistry

Dewar has just been such a nice little addition to the 4th line
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 11 at 8:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Instigator penalties make no sense as its literally a coin toss by refs if they decide to plaster one on
LeafsForLife and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 11 at 8:30 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Hamilton was an option for Balsile but if I'm remembering correctly, he actually wanted to move the team to Kitchener-Waterloo.

Remember NYI ownership issues before Charles Wong took over? Yeah disastrous.

Before Pittsburgh got Crosby/Malkin/the new arena there was talk of the Penguins leaving Pittsburgh.

Before Terry Pegula took over the Buffalo Sabres, they heading towards relocation too.

All under Gary Bettman. It's time...move on Gary.

Hamilton was an option for Balsile but if I'm remembering correctly, he actually wanted to move the team to Kitchener-Waterloo.

Remember NYI ownership issues before Charles Wong took over? Yeah disastrous.

Before Pittsburgh got Crosby/Malkin/the new arena there was talk of the Penguins leaving Pittsburgh.

Before Terry Pegula took over the Buffalo Sabres, they heading towards relocation too.

All under Gary Bettman. It's time...move on Gary.

Agree completely. But remember Bettman is an employee of the owners. I don't know why the the majority of owners haven't fired or just not renewed Bettman's contract for decades.
When Bettman became NHL commish, the NBA and the NHL had the same revenues. I don't care what others say, under Bettman the NHL had fallen way behind in fan support (revenue streams) in North America compared to other pro sports .
LeafsForLife and Trickster liked this.
Apr. 11 at 8:33 p.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
The refs screwed up there. Nemec was a willing participant because he was trying to fight Matthews. Even if you forgive their misjudgement in handing out instigator penalties, they gave Domi an extra 10 for no reason and Nemec gets off unscathed
Apr. 11 at 8:36 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: LeafsForLife
The refs screwed up there. Nemec was a willing participant because he was trying to fight Matthews. Even if you forgive their misjudgement in handing out instigator penalties, they gave Domi an extra 10 for no reason and Nemec gets off unscathed

I kind of feel Domi didnt really have to do what he did as looking at the replay Matthews smacked the **** out of Nemec

But hey its also good to show u support eachother
LeafsForLife liked this.
Apr. 11 at 8:49 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 11 at 9:01 p.m.
While the call on Brodie was soft

Dont know why 4 leafs decided to go to one side of the ice and leave Meier wide open

Dewar and Rielly should have been positioned better

Would have just left the first PK unit out/put Matthews out to win the faceoff also when u have Lybushkin, Edmundson, Gio, and Benoit why is Rielly out?
Apr. 11 at 8:52 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
****ty angle but man I swear Dewar might be getting held there preventing him from turning.

As looking he sees Meier but somethings stopping him from turning quick

https://twitter.com/TicTacTOmar/status/1778585356809494838
Apr. 11 at 8:56 p.m.
Rip

But when Woll got wrecked when the team hung him out to dry vs Ottawa, it was Woll's fault eh? Never cuts both ways with you, just whatever makes your opinion make sense.
Apr. 11 at 8:56 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 11 at 9:31 p.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
But when Woll got wrecked when the team hung him out to dry vs Ottawa, it was Woll's fault eh? Never cuts both ways with you, just whatever makes your opinion make sense.

Last time Woll played OTT he didnt finish that game he got hurt and left....so dont know what you doing about there lul

Again Woll had a few bad games in a row not just one so there really aint a strong comparison between what we saw from him and tonight. 3 of his last 5 starts first shot went in for the opponent and he went 0-3 when that happened

This is Sammy's first bad one in a while so not concerned. If it was 3 of 4 like Woll would be concerned but Sammy's been hot till tonight. TOR aint trying and the team be chilling rn.

Again more concerned with special teams then one bad game from a guy whose been good for us
Apr. 11 at 9:12 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I wonder if like Sprong we can just slot Robertson on the 4th line with Dewar and Kampf let them take the defensive assignments and allow him to do his thing on the PP/pitch in 5 on 5 here and there. (Be the offensive force on the 4th line)

Something to at least try cause he should be in
Apr. 11 at 9:22 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
So many soft calls for NJ and barely anything for us lul
Apr. 11 at 9:24 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I kind of feel Domi didnt really have to do what he did as looking at the replay Matthews smacked the **** out of Nemec

But hey its also good to show u support eachother

Yea now that I really see the results him doing that feels like it hurt us more than helped lul

Matthews line was dominating then he decided **** it and 17 mins of penalty minutes when he really did not have to go after Nemec considering Matthews smacked him
Apr. 11 at 9:38 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Well I know one thing dont have Edmundson-Brodie as a pair for playoffs
Apr. 11 at 9:38 p.m.
Edmundson got f*cking COOKED there

Brutal night for Sammy…
Apr. 11 at 9:40 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Edmundson got f*cking COOKED there

Brutal night for Sammy…

Has Robertson played any point of this period

Like dead serious I have not seen him in the third and its upsetting
Apr. 11 at 9:41 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 11 at 10:05 p.m.
TOR needs to figure out this Powerplay issue now

This is just getting embarrassing

You have Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander and your PP in April = 15%

With all that firepower should be contending for #1PP
Apr. 11 at 9:44 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 11 at 10:41 p.m.
Love Domi but man he taking himself out for a period and a half was pretty stupid after seeing the end game

Brodie and Edmundson not great pair. I dont know if Brodie is gonna be in game 1 of the playoffs I really dont rn

Sammy offnight put this aside and sharpen up for Saturday (if playing) and hopefully we can start getting the injured guys back.

But most importantly get these ****ing special teams going again

PP going 0/3 tonight and is now 2 for 16 with Matthews, Marner, JT, Nylander is not acceptable

Feb = 50% PP and now April = 15% getting cold now is not great for us especially when in the playoffs thats been a huge concern

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll