8$5,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$5,000,000
Trades
CHI
  1. Lee, Anders
  2. 2025 2nd round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Pick becomes Top 10 protected 2025 or 2026 1st (NYI choice) if Lee scores fewer than 30 points in 2024-2025
NYI
CHI
  1. 2024 1st round pick (MTL)
  2. 2025 1st round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
2nd OA - MTL trades up for Lindstrom or Demidov
MTL
  1. 2024 1st round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
5th OA - Chicago selects Berkley Catton
CHI
  1. 2026 1st round pick (FLA)
Additional Details:
Highly likely this is the pick CHI will receive based on previous conditions
FLA
  1. 2025 1st round pick (CGY)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$88,500,000$70,732,500$0$5,915,000$17,767,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
C
RFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW, C
RFA - 2
$912,500$912,500 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RW
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 6
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA
$962,500$962,500
G
RFA - 1
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 2
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 29 at 10:27 a.m.
ht42
As a Habs fan, I love the option.

Seems like the Habs management targets are Demidov and Lindstrom.
Campabee liked this.
Mar. 29 at 10:31 a.m.
Lee will put up more than 30 points
Islanders accept easily
Mar. 29 at 10:36 a.m.
Quoting: ht42

I agree, it's worth the price if we are really high on either one
Mar. 29 at 12:27 p.m.
Prime Primeau
I would do that deal, draft Demidov than trade up to Pens pick for Eiserman or Dickinson
Mar. 29 at 12:48 p.m.
I'm fine w/ the DeMelo signing and the Lee trade. Not that fond of the idea of trading down though. Return is fair in that deal. But much rather have Lindstrom or Demidov than Catton.
Garak liked this.
Mar. 29 at 5:08 p.m.
Are conditions based on point totals even allowed? If so, I'd be cool with something like that. I'm still not sure how I feel about trading back with our 1st, but if we do, something like that would definitely be interesting. I don't know why DeMelo would sign with CHI, but I would be interested if he is.
Mar. 29 at 5:53 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: ht42

Give me Iginla on their own pick and Sennecke with the Jets pick then i'm happy. I wanted Benson last year, badly but called they would take Reinbacher. I think if they dont win the lottery they'll target Lindstrom as well. I would hope that they would grab Dean Letourneau with the Pens 2nd if they are really size obsessed.
Mar. 29 at 9:54 p.m.
Quoting: FoxYou727
Lee will put up more than 30 points
Islanders accept easily

Condition just ensures the hawks get a useable NHL player to help mentor the kids, and if not we are compensated for it
Mar. 29 at 9:56 p.m.
Quoting: Hawksguy81
I'm fine w/ the DeMelo signing and the Lee trade. Not that fond of the idea of trading down though. Return is fair in that deal. But much rather have Lindstrom or Demidov than Catton.

Quoting: Garak
Are conditions based on point totals even allowed? If so, I'd be cool with something like that. I'm still not sure how I feel about trading back with our 1st, but if we do, something like that would definitely be interesting. I don't know why DeMelo would sign with CHI, but I would be interested if he is.

Catton is still really really good, so if you can add another 1st I think it's worth the drop. To me Catton, Lindstrom, Levshunov, Parekh are in a tier at 3-6, with Demidov alone at 2 and Celebrini at 1 of course. So if you can get an extra first and stay within that same tier I think it is worth it
Garak liked this.
Mar. 29 at 10:15 p.m.
Quoting: Wadejos123
Catton is still really really good, so if you can add another 1st I think it's worth the drop. To me Catton, Lindstrom, Levshunov, Parekh are in a tier at 3-6, with Demidov alone at 2 and Celebrini at 1 of course. So if you can get an extra first and stay within that same tier I think it is worth it

For sure. Catton is great and likely has a very successful NHL career ahead of him. But, I don't think the tiers are quite like that. Demidov and Lindstrom are clearly ahead of the rest, after Celebrini. I don't think that package is worth trading back, though. The difference in value between 5th and 2nd OA is much larger than a single 1st, that is likely in 2026, and that will likely be late. I would still be interested in trading back, but it takes a lot more. Also, hypothetically, if Demidov IS the clear #2, why wouldn't we just take him? Top 6 forwards are probably our biggest need, after all, and we need more sure thing top 6 forwards, not more "maybe" top 6 forwards. We REALLY do not need more quantity. We need more quality at this point.
Wadejos123 and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Mar. 30 at 7:42 a.m.
For sure. Catton is great and likely has a very successful NHL career ahead of him. But, I don't think the tiers are quite like that. Demidov and Lindstrom are clearly ahead of the rest, after Celebrini. I don't think that package is worth trading back, though. The difference in value between 5th and 2nd OA is much larger than a single 1st, that is likely in 2026, and that will likely be late. I would still be interested in trading back, but it takes a lot more. Also, hypothetically, if Demidov IS the clear #2, why wouldn't we just take him? Top 6 forwards are probably our biggest need, after all, and we need more sure thing top 6 forwards, not more "maybe" top 6 forwards. We REALLY do not need more quantity. We need more quality at this point.

My issue with Lindstrom is that if he wasn't big he wouldn't be getting drafted this high. On a skill level I think Demidov is a lot better than him, and now Lindstrom is having some back/neck injury too? I won't be upset if the hawks take him but he's not my first pick either
Garak liked this.
Mar. 30 at 8:11 a.m.
Edited Mar. 30 at 9:52 a.m.
Quoting: Wadejos123
My issue with Lindstrom is that if he wasn't big he wouldn't be getting drafted this high. On a skill level I think Demidov is a lot better than him, and now Lindstrom is having some back/neck injury too? I won't be upset if the hawks take him but he's not my first pick either

Demidov and Lindstrom are completely different players. Lindstrom is better than Demidov at most things, though. Demidov is certainly the more skilled and electrifying offensive forward with superstar potential, but Lindstrom is absolutely the more well rounded, projectable, all situations, 200ft player. If Demidov's offense doesn't translate, which is entirely possible, he will be a bust. Not that I don't love Demidov's game, but it's a risk when drafting high skill offensively geared players.

If you are gonna say "(insert player) is only being considered to be drafted this high because they are big", look no further than Levshunov. That kid is MASSIVELY overrated. Lindstrom is big and it is a clear advantage, but his game is not dependent on his size or physicality. I would even go so far to say that he is better defensively than Levshunov. His motor, compete, confidence, and intelligence are very high. The fact that he already knows how to use his size is a GREAT thing. Most guys get drafted due to size and have no clue how to use it and have to learn on the job and then everyone gets mad when they can't do it.

Again, I don't mind the idea of trading back, but a late 1st two years from now is not enough to get it done.

Also, none of my criticism of Demidov would stop me from drafting him 2nd overall. I would be cool with either player there. And there are a few others that, if CHI did take them at 2nd overall, I would understand and just hope for the best.
Mar. 30 at 10:18 a.m.
Demidov and Lindstrom are completely different players. Lindstrom is better than Demidov at most things, though. Demidov is certainly the more skilled and electrifying offensive forward with superstar potential, but Lindstrom is absolutely the more well rounded, projectable, all situations, 200ft player. If Demidov's offense doesn't translate, which is entirely possible, he will be a bust. Not that I don't love Demidov's game, but it's a risk when drafting high skill offensively geared players.

If you are gonna say "(insert player) is only being considered to be drafted this high because they are big", look no further than Levshunov. That kid is MASSIVELY overrated. Lindstrom is big and it is a clear advantage, but his game is not dependent on his size or physicality. I would even go so far to say that he is better defensively than Levshunov. His motor, compete, confidence, and intelligence are very high. The fact that he already knows how to use his size is a GREAT thing. Most guys get drafted due to size and have no clue how to use it and have to learn on the job and then everyone gets mad when they can't do it.

Again, I don't mind the idea of trading back, but a late 1st two years from now is not enough to get it done.

Also, none of my criticism of Demidov would stop me from drafting him 2nd overall. I would be cool with either player there. And there are a few others that, if CHI did take them at 2nd overall, I would understand and just hope for the best.

Totally agree on Levshunov. If we want to take an OFD take Parekh because he's a lot better. Blows the D-1 numbers of guys like Korchinski or Brandt Clarke out of the water. I don't think we need OFD though. Pick will be one of Lindstrom, Demidov, or Catton if they want forward or one of Dickinson or Silayev if they want D.
LivingAnew and Garak liked this.
Mar. 30 at 10:43 a.m.
Edited Mar. 30 at 4:32 p.m.
Outstanding thread, Gents; thank you for all your input! Building NHL teams from a complete teardown is fascinating to me; it's full of mystery and difficulty. And the NHL is perhaps the most team-oriented game in professional sports.

The NHL draft, itself, is incredibly difficult, too - trying to project who a talented teenager will become an an adult in the NHL is fraught with challenges.

None of us is as smart as all of us. The more I learn from posts and threads like these, the better I understand both those challenges and ideas on how to meet them. And the more interesting and fun evaluating the Hawks become to me right now, as well (as opposed to the current roster).

Cheers, LA
Garak liked this.
Mar. 30 at 11:46 a.m.
Quoting: LivingAnew
Outstanding thread, Gents; thank you for all your input! Building NFL teams from a complete teardown is fascinating to me; it's full of mystery and difficulty. And the NHL is perhaps the most team-oriented game in professional sports.

The NHL draft, itself, is incredibly difficult, too - trying to project who a talented teenager will become an an adult in the NHL is fraught with challenges.

None of us is as smart as all of us. The more I learn from posts and threads like these, the better I understand both those challenges and ideas on how to meet them. And the more interesting and fun evaluating the Hawks become to me right now, as well (as opposed to the current roster).

Cheers, LA

For sure! I think what makes it easier in other sports, like the NFL and NBA, is that draft eligible players are generally older and further along in their development. I kind of wish the NHL draft was more like that, but, at the same time, trying to make predictions and project these young players adds to the excitement.
LivingAnew liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll