Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$950,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Zegras, Trevor
Additional Details:
What happen with Zegras ?

Didn't make a single point since his return from injury. Got benched a full period by Cronin. Get called out by Cronin and indirectly by somes teamates. Make somes bad penalties.....

He really need a change of environment. That's will gonna be benefit for him & for the Ducks organisation. That's can be make because Anaheim will gonna Draft in the top 3 and Gautier will gonna start with the Ducks next season.
ANA
  1. Barron, Justin
  2. 2024 1st round pick (MTL)
  3. 2024 3rd round pick (MTL)
  4. 2024 7th round pick (MTL)
  5. 2025 2nd round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
2024 1st round pick (MTL) : 6th overall selection.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$87,700,000$74,588,750$1,022,500$3,977,500$13,111,250
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 1
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 1
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 30 at 3:04 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
If the rift between Verbeek/Cronin and Zegras is actually serious, we'd be lucky to get Barron and the first, never mind the other goodies.
Shanesaw9 and palhal liked this.
Mar. 30 at 3:06 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited Mar. 30 at 3:26 p.m.
There's two left wingers in a top 6, Gauthier is one guy, and Vattrano is not only a short timer, but should be on the third line, so it's not like Z is going to get pushed out by higher talent. We also don't have a 1RW as Terry should be a 2nd pairing guy, and both Strome and Killorn are short timers as well.

He took a bad penalty, some would say it's what cost them the game, he's going to get called out for that. He wasn't the only one taking bad penalties, if you're talking about the Silfverberg interview, they gave up an entire periods worth of power plays, Zegras wasn't the only one doing that. I don't agree with the fact that he's the only one getting benched, and frankly the first call should have gone against Tanev for yanking Zegras to the ground from behind, the refs let that game get completely away from them.

As to points, he's been back for 2 games, not scoring in 2 games isn't particularly unusual, the only two goals Anaheim put up were both short handed breakaways.
Shanesaw9 liked this.
Mar. 30 at 3:22 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
If the rift between Verbeek/Cronin and Zegras is actually serious, we'd be lucky to get Barron and the first, never mind the other goodies.

Quoting: GiggywithGibby
There's two left wingers in a top 6, Gauthier is one guy, and Vattano is not only a short timer, but should be on the third line, so it's not like Z is going to get pushed out by higher talent. We also don't have a 1RW as Terry should be a 2nd pairing guy, and both Strome and Killorn are short timers as well.

He took a bad penalty, some would say it's what cost them the game, he's going to get called out for that.

As to points, he's been back for 2 games, not scoring in 2 games isn't particularly unusual, the only two goals Anaheim put up were both short handed breakaways.

Here we have 2 different pov from respected Ducks fans about his current value, my personal pov still aligns more with Giggy's. I think Zegras' value may be starting to slip a bit given the issues with scoring, injuries and Cronin but I still think rival GM's are gonna pay the equivalent of 6-10th OVA + Farrell + Mesar type of value, I also think Zegras on the Habs would still be a great fit.
OldNYIfan and Shanesaw9 liked this.
Mar. 30 at 3:39 p.m.
Prime Primeau
Zegras’ value is lower than what Debrincat got. 8 OA seems too much. 9-10 OA is starting to become his value, wich is still way too much for a defensive liability
Mar. 30 at 3:56 p.m.
Habs 2010

I'm beginning to catch on to this as well, and as someone who was interested in Zegras before I'm now questioning it because it seems like it might be an unnecessary risk to bring him into a team culture.

The treatment he is getting in Anaheim is only lowering his value around the league. I previously compared him to Caufield and DeBrincat (in terms of value), now I see him as more of a Galchenyuk — a very talented young player that comes with some baggage.

Could probably still make a deal but I think Anaheim would have to be willing to absorb a contract in return to reduce the risk, someone like Anderson for example.
Mar. 30 at 4:04 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Shanesaw9
I'm beginning to catch on to this as well, and as someone who was interested in Zegras before I'm now questioning it because it seems like it might be an unnecessary risk to bring him into a team culture.

The treatment he is getting in Anaheim is only lowering his value around the league. I previously compared him to Caufield and DeBrincat (in terms of value), now I see him as more of a Galchenyuk — a very talented young player that comes with some baggage.

Could probably still make a deal but I think Anaheim would have to be willing to absorb a contract in return to reduce the risk, someone like Anderson for example.

The major issue this off-season for Los Angeles will be what happens with Matt Roy.

The major issue this off-season for Anaheim will be what happens with Trevor Zegras. (A secondary matter of interest is who the Ducks will get in the draft: Celebrini? Levshunov? Other?)
Shanesaw9 and Billy316 liked this.
Mar. 30 at 5:17 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King

I still feel like you'll end up with WPG pick , COL 2nd and Beck or Mesar
Zegras is struggling for sure but unless there's word its injury relate i doubt Hughes is intimidated
Coach Nicholas our Skills Coach has helped a lot of players here improve and unlock untapped potential
If he can do that then help Zegras find his rhythm again shouldnt be hard.

While i might give up a 8th pick or later straight up , i think anything earlier is a harder sell for sure right now.
Not to say that cant change with a strong finish but as it stands i'd rather just wait until summer and revisit if necessary
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 30 at 5:33 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited Mar. 30 at 5:59 p.m.

He's back centering the 2nd line tonight, McTavish is still banished to the bottom 6. If there was truly a rift between player and coach I would have expected him to be scratched tonight, or at a minimum in the bottom 6.
Mar. 31 at 11:08 a.m.
Habs 2010
Edited Mar. 31 at 11:14 a.m.
He's back centering the 2nd line tonight, McTavish is still banished to the bottom 6. If there was truly a rift between player and coach I would have expected him to be scratched tonight, or at a minimum in the bottom 6.

Gotta try to up his value before they trade him in the offseason! Just kidding haha

He still finished with less than 15 minutes of ice time though so he still isn't quite getting top 6 minutes yet. I don't think that's a very big deal for a player returning from an injury but I think there is a bit of truth to the trade rumours, where there's smoke...
Mar. 31 at 11:23 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Gotta try to up his value before they trade him in the offseason! Just kidding haha

He still finished with less than 15 minutes of ice time though so he still isn't quite getting top 6 minutes yet. I don't think that's a very big deal for a player returning from an injury but I think there is a bit of truth to the trade rumours, where there's smoke...

MTL fans have been saying where there's smoke there's fire since last off season with his contract holdout. Fans also say where there's smoke there's fire about Gibson, that's been going on for 5 years.

As to "below 15 minutes", 1: I consider 14:45 near as makes no difference 15 minutes, and 2: it's difficult for your 2nd line to be out there for over 15 minutes when your team spends so much time on the PK and so little time on the PP. We've taken 1040 minutes of penalties so far and we still have 8 games left, that's almost 15 minutes/game. I think regarding ice time for non PK players this season, an adjustment needs to be made for Anaheim by a couple minutes per game just to calibrate.
Shanesaw9 liked this.
Mar. 31 at 2:17 p.m.
ht42
MTL fans have been saying where there's smoke there's fire since last off season with his contract holdout. Fans also say where there's smoke there's fire about Gibson, that's been going on for 5 years.

As to "below 15 minutes", 1: I consider 14:45 near as makes no difference 15 minutes, and 2: it's difficult for your 2nd line to be out there for over 15 minutes when your team spends so much time on the PK and so little time on the PP. We've taken 1040 minutes of penalties so far and we still have 8 games left, that's almost 15 minutes/game. I think regarding ice time for non PK players this season, an adjustment needs to be made for Anaheim by a couple minutes per game just to calibrate.

The Zegras trade to MTL idea begining when his side and the Ducks management didn't abble to reach a agreement before the season.

But in January, the idea jumped when the Ducks traded for Cutter Gauthier, and that's restart the trade idea. But the straw that broke the camel's back about all the rumors is when Pierre LeBrun confirmed that Montreal has showed somes serious interrest about the availability of Zegras and that Verbeek listened to them, but are not ready to perhaps make it available after the season.
Mar. 31 at 3:43 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: ht42
The Zegras trade to MTL idea begining when his side and the Ducks management didn't abble to reach a agreement before the season.

But in January, the idea jumped when the Ducks traded for Cutter Gauthier, and that's restart the trade idea. But the straw that broke the camel's back about all the rumors is when Pierre LeBrun confirmed that Montreal has showed somes serious interrest about the availability of Zegras and that Verbeek listened to them, but are not ready to perhaps make it available after the season.

I'm sure the habs management have interest in a number of players on several teams, and it's Hughes job to call on them, same as it's the receiving GMa job to listen to them. As pointed out, even Gretzky was traded.

Cutter doesn't change things for the Ducks. There's two left wings in the top 6, Cutter is the only natural LW we have that's top 6 capable, Zegras can slot into the other LW spot. Only thing it changes is that we'll pray that a 1RD or top 6 RW is available at our draft spot, because we still need a 1RW and 1RD.

Verbeek wants to take a serious step forward next year, you don't do that by subtracting the most dangerous offensive weapon from the team for draft pics. It may make sense to the Habs to acquire Z, it doesn't make sense for Anaheim to give up Zegras.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll