Mock with some Hot Takes Top 50 With Big Analysis

Mock with some Hot Takes Top 50 With Big Analysis

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Apr. 10 at 12:26 p.m.
Description
My Draft Board: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/820271
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks (3→1)
  2. Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames (8→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Hot take off the bat! I have Demidov at #1 on my draft board, but very likely Celebrini will be the pick because of the Russian factor. But I feel like Anaheim would be willing to take the risk and draft him given that they have a stacked prospect pool. Demidov is a talented winger with insane playmaking ability and speed. Also can shoot the puck from anywhere and barely needs any space to do so. Demidov also has the best 200-ft game in the draft as well. He will become a generational player, I see a lot of Nikolaj Ehlers in him: speedy playmaker with pass-first tendencies.
2Logo of the Calgary Flames-I feel like Calgary will start rebuilding and it seems like they already have. They get fortunate enough to move up a few spots and take Celebrini, the most anticipated player in the draft. But I have him ranked at #2, and for the reasons mentioned in the Anaheim pick, Celebrini gets drafted at 2nd and shocks the hockey world. While Demidov is a pass-first winger, Celebrini is more of a shoot-first winger. Also has insane puck handling, plays with speed, and commit to playing a 200-ft game. Also average defensively, though not flashy. The positioning can be awkward at times, but the effort is there. Celebrini is more of a Sidney Crosby type player and like Demidov, will turn out to be a generational player for the Flames and accelerate their rebuild.
3Logo of the San Jose Sharks-If the Sharks miss out on the Demidov/Celebrini sweepstakes, they will definitely take Levshunov. They have a clear need at RD, and Levshunov is the best available by a mile. And by the way, this is where the draft becomes a crapshoot, so really anything could happen here. But Levshunov is the safest option here. Dominant two-way defender that plays with size, skill, and a booming shot. Not afraid to use the body either and be aggressive either. Though I believe Levshunov can at times be overaggressive against the puck carrier, leaving it evident that he needs to work on his decision making without the puck. But he will not only address the Sharks need for a RD, he will actually become their best D prospect in general. I see a lot of Hampus Lindholm in him.
4Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Injuries is what made in my opinion the third best prospect in the draft fall to tenth on my big board, but no later than fourth on my mock. I believe Chicago will go for a power forward here, and that's the type of game Lindstrom plays. Its been told that they love Levshunov and Dickinson, but with Levshunov gone and Dickinson being a LD it makes no sense to draft him as LD is their best position. Lindstrom is still a very good pick, solid power forward that brings a combination of size and speed. Also solid defensively, but once again, the injury issues do worry me. But size and speed is hard to find these days, so I see Lindstrom going early and teams ignoring the injuries. Also don't let CapFriendly fool you, Lindstrom is also a LW, which is where he will likely start off his career on.
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-If Lindstrom is available, he will be the pick. If he isn't, it will 100% be Eiserman. The Blue Jackets are lacking scoring and speed. Eiserman's doesn't have great agility, but he can bring speed to the lineup. Also goal-scoring is his best asset. Eiserman is a pure goal-scorer with offensive skill that seems to go unnoticed by scouts. All he needs to work on his defensive play, and the agility. But once again, the speed is there. I still see Eiserman going early on, plus he fits the Blue Jackets system well given that he plays a lot like Laine.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-I think we have all figured out that Arizona loves drafting bigger players. Yakemchuk is nowhere close to being the best player available on my board, but for Arizona it makes sense. The only offensive defenseman they have is Durzi, but other than that there's none. Yakemchuk will inject offense on the back end and also provide some grit that Arizona is looking for. I did consider Silayev but they already have a defender like him in Simashev and a solid two-way option in Moser. I think Yakemchuk is the guy to take here, and he will create a solid pair with Simashev. This also marks the first reach of the draft.
7Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-If the draft goes like this, I would like Montreal to go with Catton, but more than likely the pick will be Iginla. Back to back reaches here, but Montreal is apparently linked to him. And it makes a lot of sense, given that Iginla brings hockey sense, character, and compete, which are the three things that Hughes looks for in prospects. Iginla is mainly a two-way winger, mostly offensive. The hockey sense is there, but he also has an insane shot and 200-ft game. Defensively he's solid with stick checking. He just needs to improve his skating and work on keeping his emotions in check by staying out of the penalty box more often. Big reach, I know, but there is always one or two reaches in the top 10. I also wouldn't consider Reinbacher a reach at all, I actually had him going to Montreal before the draft. Iginla would make for a solid 2RW with Dach and Roy.
8Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa hasn't had a first rounder in two years, so they avoid addressing a team for now and go BPA, which is Connelly. Aside from the off-ice issues, there are really no holes in Connelly's game and he has top 5 upside. Connelly even has apologized for the issues and plus we have seen younger players mature and develop into valuable prospects, as seen with Mauilloux. Ottawa also has a incomplete top line of Tkachuk-Stutzle-??? You need a sniper there, and Connelly is that type of player. He can do everything offensively, from goal-scoring to playmaking. Also is willing to adapt to the pace of the game, given that Connelly is the best skater in the draft. He doesn't use the body however, that may be cause of his size. But all and all, an excellent pick for Ottawa.
9Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Since GMs love to favor size over anything, I feel like either Silayev or Dickinson would be the selection here. Most mocks point to Dickinson being more likely to go in the top 10. Dickinson is a solid two-way defender with size, great skating, and physicality. Offensively, he has one of the best shots in the draft but the offense outside that powerful shot is where his game needs improvement. But you need good defense from defenders to win games and given that skating wins over everything in my opinion, Dickinson should be an early selection.
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The Devils will go one of two ways with this pick: trade it, or select one of the two. A physical forward or a defensive defender. And with Silayev still sitting on the board, there's zero chance he doesn't get selected here. Given his size and great speed, its a no brainer for New Jersey. Silayev can provide some offense, but he mostly plays a defensive minded game. A similar player to Dickinson, except he's a higher risk, but higher upside option. Provides slightly more skill. Also note that Silayev may be a left shot defender, but he actually plays as a RD for Torpedo. I see a lot of Mattias Ekholm in Silayev, if the Devils can get the potential out of him, he will be a solid pickup.
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Yes, Catton could be an option here, but centers are their strongest position, even without Ostlund on the roster. They need D more and I don't see Buium falling much further than this. This is yet another steal for Buffalo, as I have him at #7 on my big board. Buium falls because of team needs. He's actually a cool defender, I see a lot of prime Kris Letang in him. Skilled two-way defender with poise and compete. Though while not being as imposing physically, Buium can make a lot of hard stops without the puck by using his stick. And yes, Buffalo has Dahlin, Power, and Byram as three solid LDs, but Dahlin could be moved to his offside. Same goes for Byram, given his offensive style. A future top 4 of Dahlin, Power, Byram, and Buium would be ridiculous to think about.
12Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The Wild get the biggest steal of the draft! Catton I feel like is a bigger steal than Buium, he's ranked #4 on my board. I feel like teams still haven't learnt that size doesn't matter at all, its skating that matters the most. Catton will fall on draft day, this is huge for the Wild. He also fits the Wild's system well, I see a lot of Marco Rossi in him. Dual-threat playmaker, with high end skating and a solid 200-ft game. Compete and poise is there as well. Size is the only thing that needs improvement in Catton's game. A 1-2 punch of Rossi and Catton will be great for the future and Catton can even be mentored by Rossi himself.
13Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-This is a Steve Yzerman-type pick. MBN is from Norway, but he plays in the SHL junior league, that's pretty much all the reasoning there is behind this pick. Also Detroit is missing size and grit in their system, and MBN brings both of those. Zadina didn't work out at all, let MBN come in and inject scoring and size. The Red Wings are getting a Brady Tkachuk type player, I see top 6 potential here with this pick.
14Logo of the Washington Capitals-The Capitals don't have much on D, and with the emergence of Miro and McMichael finally getting a top 6 opportunity, I feel like the Capitals will select a D. Parekh gives me Werenski vibes, offensive defender with a safe defensive style. I wasn't sold on Parekh's defensive game to start off, but its shown growth and progressing in the right direction. But his offensive is still very elite, and he won't fall like Dragicevic did. This is the exact spot I would take Parekh, he will be a solid top 4 guy in the future.
15Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-The Flyers will go one of two ways with this pick: power forward or center. This is the highest I see Chernyshov going. I did have him in my top 10 to start the season but inconsistency in terms of point production has lowered him slightly. He is a talented power forward with size, a booming shot, and playmaking. Above average defensively as well, so he can be used in all situations. Aside from the consistency, Chernyshov also needs to improve his skating, mainly his agility as he's too straight line speedy. I see him as a Mark Stone type player. Chernyshov plays a style that the Flyers look for: hard-nosed, three-zone player that is willing to muck it up in the corners. He will fit in well with smaller forwards like Michkov and Brink.
16Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsWhat the Sharks don't have in their system is a defensive forward for Smith and Eklund. Stiga is so underrated, he's the best defensive forward in the draft! Also the second best skater, with Connelly the only one being above him. I value Stiga very high on my rankings, I have him at #11. Solid three-zone forward, skater, and smart offensively. Getting taller is an area for improvement, but under bigger competition, it should improve naturally and he will fit perfectly alongside Smith or Eklund. Can play center or wing.
17Logo of the New York Islanders-The Islanders need a solid 2C to play behind Barzal, I believe Bednarik is the best one available. Helenius is there, but he is more of a winger. Plus I love Bednarik's defensive game and it really fits the Islanders system well. Solid defensive forward that can make a lot of hard stops. Very good on the PK, in fact one of the best in the draft. However, a non option for the powerplay, Bednarik hasn't found much success there. That could be due to his selfishness with the puck. Often Bednarik shies from taking a shot on goal, in fact I don't love his shot power. All and all a really good prospect, he's basically a rawer version of Danielson of last year's draft. But a better comparable would be Phillip Danault. Barzal and Bednarik would make a solid 1-2 punch down the middle.
18Logo of the St. Louis Blues-I did consider Jiricek here, but the Blues have dealt with a lot of injuries lately, so they shouldn't take an injury prone defender. But no matter what they need a D. I could also see this pick being traded up, but I'm not doing trades in this mock. If they pick here, I see them going off the board and picking Emery. Its clear that the Blues need a shutdown defender and Emery is exactly that type of player. The offensive upside is low, but skating wise and defensively he's really good. However, Emery is arguably the worst power play guy in the draft. But quite the opposite in terms of the PK, he's very good there. Basically you can bet on him during every defensive scenario. Binnington and Hofer will get way more goal support and Emery will slot in perfectly into the Blues middle pair.
19Logo of the Nashville Predators-I did consider Boisvert, but Helenius has fallen far enough. I see this as a Kemell/Guenther situation, a forward who is doing very good against men but didn't play well in tournament. Even though Helenius had an underwhelming U20, he's doing very well in the Finnish league. This is the lowest I see him going, Nashville gets a big steal here. Helenius could be a solid playmaker for Kemell with Wood on the same line. Imagine a top line of Kemell-Helenius-Wood. That would be nasty for the future.
20Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas is an interesting team. Every first rounder they draft, they trade within a year or two. They just traded Edstrom, so I see them going BPA. That would be Parascak. Ranked #16 on my board, Parascak is a really good point producer, can make hard passes, and also possesses an above average shot making for a well-rounded offensive toolkit. His effort off the puck and skating needs minor improvement, but other than that I see him becoming a Tyler Toffoli type player.
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LA is another interesting team. They have one of the better prospect pools in the NHL, so I see them going best non-center available. That means Boisvert will once again be passed on, the Kings will draft Greentree. Big forward, booming shot, high end playmaking, and plays effectively on the forecheck. Also provides size and physicality. Skating needs work as Greentree needs to tighten up his understanding on how to play during the backcheck. Also overall effort in the defensive zone needs improvement. LA barely plays against Juraj Slafkovsky, here they get a similar breed of player in Greentree.
22Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningThis is where Boisvert goes. Davidson has a tendency to draft a WHLer with his very first pick, then a USDP/USHL forward immediately after. The trend continues here, and the Blackhawks add to their subpar center depth by drafting the rising Boisvert. He has had an up and down season, there have been many moments of excellent play, but at the same time there's moments where Boisvert is unnoticeable. But he is a solid all-around forward who mostly provides offense. Skating needs major improvement and he needs to tighten up his understanding of how to play in the middle lane of the ice. He's very dangerous near the perimeter though and has a solid net front presence. A 1st line of Lindstrom-Moore-Bedard will lead the charge, then play Boisvert as the 2C, moving forward Chicago has players to build their team around.
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Toronto is looking like geniuses right now with the picks of Cowan, Robertson, and Minten. Like last year, they don't have many picks, I believe they will select a guy that not many people know about. That would be Hagen Burrows. Swiss-army knife type player who is rangy and is more than willing to use the stick in all situations. More of a Alex Iafallo type player, an all-situations forward that can play with anyone. All that needs fixing is his frame, he may be tall at 6'2" but he does lack strength in his game. Also a bit of a project, Hagens has just transitioned over to the USHL from high school, we need more games from him to see what he can really do.
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersAnaheim at this point as a stacked prospect pool. Already shocked the hockey world by taking Demidov, if that's the case they will go BPA, which is Jiricek. Plays a similar game to his brother, big kid, booming shot, great 4-way agility, and flashy defensively. He does have top 10 talent, but he did get injured early on to the season, so not much of his game has been scouted. Also needs to work on taking less dumb infractions via the stick.
25Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsEvery year there's a storyline pick in the first round. Even though Montreal has plenty of options on D, I feel like they will take Cole Hutson. He does have the higher upside given the defensive side of his game. Lane is more offensive, Cole is more of a two-way guy. The same concerns are there with Cole, size is an issue for him. But size has proven to not matter, so it shouldn't be a big concern. The clear differences between Lane and Cole is that Cole is better defensively but less consistent offensively. He will develop well under the mentorship of Lane and be a good prospect.
26Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersThis isn't the biggest steal of the draft, but Wallenius is ranked #20 on my board, to get him at 26th is a W. The Flyers had Ivan Provorov as their #1 for several years, here they get a guy that plays a similar game. Very good two-way player, but the shot power needs adjusting.
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-I was considering Kiviharju, but given that the Avalanche drafted Calum Ritchie, they would have had their eyes on Sennecke. A slight reach as he's not in my rankings, but Sennecke would be an honorable mention for the first round. I don't know much about him, but I could find it hard not to imagine a duo of Ritchie and Sennecke for the future.
28Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksAfter getting Celebrini, the Flames draft a guy that fits their system nicely, which is Hemming. I see a lot of Elias Lindholm in Hemming, defensive winger with solid skating and can provide some offense. However, I don't like Hemming's puck control, he tends to lose the puck during crucial situations. Essentially this is a worse version of Stiga, however I still see middle 6 potential with Hemming. He will provide defensive stability up front.
29Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-It is clear that the Hurricanes need a center and I believe the best one available is Hage, but since they hit on the Nadeau pick, I believe they will take another high schooler in Letourneau, who has just as much upside as Nadeau. Really no big holes in his game, whether or not he can play against higher competition will be a question mark.
30Logo of the Dallas Stars-I believe with Johnston having such a career year, along with Bourque and Stankoven just breaking into the NHL, I feel like the Stars won't take a forward. If they do, they will go with Artamonov. I feel like Elick will be the pick here in order to round out the top 4 that already has Harley, Heiskanen, and Bichsel. Elick's offensive upside outside his puck handling is a giant question mark, but defensively is where he stands out. Good gap control, aggressiveness, size and fluid skater. Basically a Dylan DeMelo type forward. Will pair up with solid offensive d-man's like Harley and Heiskanen very well and create a dynamic duo.
31Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsThis pick is a bit off the board, but there are a lot of reasons why the Senators will draft Mews. He plays in their backyard with the 67s, played with Tyler Boucher, and addresses the Senators need for a defender. Brannstrom isn't working out well, let Mews come in and inject offense. Though I would say Mews reminds me of Erik Karlsson in many ways, so he will fit the Senators system nicely.
32Logo of the New York Rangers-I believe there are better options here, but I just don't see Kiviharju falling out of the first round. Once was the best player in the entire draft, but injuries and bouncing around different Finnish leagues have taken a toll on his stock. But teams have learnt their lessons after Raty and Lambert. In fact, I could see Kiviharju taking the same route as Lambert, play him in the WHL, then a year in the AHL to get the fun back in his game. Kiviharju is a strong offensive defenseman that lacks size, but can make flashy passes and give a booming shot. I see a lot of Shayne Gostisbehere in him.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the San Jose Sharks-With this pick I see the Sharks doubling down on RD. They take Gill here, who has been a late riser. A top 4 of Levshunov, Mukhamadullin, Cagnoni, and Gill will be nasty for the future.
34Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-The Blackhawks get a steal in drafting Basha. If they have their sights on Lindstrom, I could not imagine them having their sights on Basha as well. I did consider Howe given that he's Bedard's linemate, but Basha makes more sense here.
35Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I don't see Hage falling much further than this. Anaheim adds to their already stacked prospect pool a steal here. Hage is #30 on my board, but his floor is too good for the 2nd round.
36Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Columbus Blue JacketsI see a lot of Cam Aktinson in Luke Misa's game, so he could develop well in Philly. He also has the two-way game that Torts loves.
37Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Drafting Shuravin would give Arizona a second option moving forward. You could have the primary option of having Simashev and Yakemchuk as a pairing. Or have a pure shutdown pairing of Shuravin and Simashev instead in order to give Ingram and Vejmelka more support.
38Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Montreal CanadiensCaswell may seem off the board here, but he feels like a Jet in my eyes. I see a lot of Cole Perfetti in his game, sandpaper type playmaker. Amazing hockey IQ as well. Once had the pedigree of being a top 10 guy a year ago.
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Every year there's a goalie taken early on in the 2nd round. I see Ottawa doing it here, currently its a toss up between Leenders and George. I went with George given that he's more ready than Leenders.
40Logo of the Calgary Flames-I'm not sure if you know this, but Calgary sucks. They are just starting to rebuild the team and in order to accelerate the rebuild, you need to take risks. Adams is the best overager in the draft.
41Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-They go for a random pick and take Freij. Buffalo has a trend of drafting a Canadian first, then a Swedish player. The trend somewhat broke given Buium is US born, but Freij is a Swedish born guy.
42Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsHowe could be this year's Joshua Roy. Late round pick that turns out to be a steal. Take him now and accelerate the rebuild.
43Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle's weakest position is goaltending, they address it here by taking Leenders. Given his size and strength, it will take a couple of years for Leenders to make the NHL, but he will be worth it.
44Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersMasse feels like a Penguin in my eyes, I see a lot of Geno Malkin in him.
45Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Prince Albert feels close to Prince George, they aren't far away, I see Ritchie going here.
46Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-This pick would create a fantastic storyline, Alex Zetterberg is related to Henrik, so he goes here. Though he is 5'6", if he doesn't go in the second round he will be undrafted.
47Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Pittsburgh takes another late season riser in Roberts.
48Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Washington CapitalsArizona loves the Russian talent, last year they reached twice for the Russian talent, this year the Russian talent falls in their lap. Artamonov is ranked #27 on my board, every year one guy that is expected to go in the first round falls to the mid portion of the second round. Last year it was Heidt, this year its Artamonov.
49Logo of the New York Islanders-This is a funny pick, the Islanders drafted Kamil Bednarik, here they draft Jakub Bednarik. They aren't
50Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Drafting Skahan would give the Blues a nice shutdown pairing with Emery. And I believe he's the best player available at this spot.
51Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
52Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
53Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
54Logo of the Nashville Predators-
55Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
56Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
57Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
58Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
59Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Florida Panthers
60Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
61Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
62Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
63Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
64Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Dallas Stars
65Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the New York Rangers
Apr. 10 at 12:28 p.m.
power forward
Apr. 10 at 12:29 p.m.
power forward
Apr. 10 at 12:29 p.m.
power forward
Playersoverpayed liked this.
Apr. 10 at 12:43 p.m.
Stovetop
I mean this is certainly a hot take lol. And I'm not sure any NHL scout would agree. I think this is like people ranking Michkov over Bedard last year.

From a Sharks perspective, Levshunov is the right pick at 3, but that 16th overall pick doesn't make much sense. You said Sharks need a defensive forward, when they're stacked at that. They have Zetterlund (not a prospect) but they have Bystedt and Edstrom who are both 200 ft centers, as well as Cardwell and Graf who are 200 ft. wingers. Not to mention Eklund is unreal defensively.

Other notes, i think Parekh, Catton, Helenius and Greentree would be HUGE steals with where you have them. I can't see Parekh or Catton dropping out of the top 10 (could see both as high as top 5), and Helenius and Greentree as top 16
Z0ra liked this.
Apr. 10 at 12:54 p.m.
Parekh won't be around at anything past 12 in my opinion.

You also have Eiserman going much higher than I do.

Artamonov will probably go in the first round as well.

I could see a team selecting Demidov first but not the sharks. The sharks need a Franchise center. I could see someone like Arizona or Ottawa taking Demidov first overall with the center depth they both have. Although Arizona probably takes Celebrini because he would a savior for the franchise.
Z0ra liked this.
Apr. 10 at 1:14 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: AStovetop
I mean this is certainly a hot take lol. And I'm not sure any NHL scout would agree. I think this is like people ranking Michkov over Bedard last year.

From a Sharks perspective, Levshunov is the right pick at 3, but that 16th overall pick doesn't make much sense. You said Sharks need a defensive forward, when they're stacked at that. They have Zetterlund (not a prospect) but they have Bystedt and Edstrom who are both 200 ft centers, as well as Cardwell and Graf who are 200 ft. wingers. Not to mention Eklund is unreal defensively.

Other notes, i think Parekh, Catton, Helenius and Greentree would be HUGE steals with where you have them. I can't see Parekh or Catton dropping out of the top 10 (could see both as high as top 5), and Helenius and Greentree as top 16

Thank you for the pointers about Bystedt and Edstrom. I haven't paid much attention to Bystedt.
Apr. 10 at 1:18 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: Logicalicesports
Parekh won't be around at anything past 12 in my opinion.

You also have Eiserman going much higher than I do.

Artamonov will probably go in the first round as well.

I could see a team selecting Demidov first but not the sharks. The sharks need a Franchise center. I could see someone like Arizona or Ottawa taking Demidov first overall with the center depth they both have. Although Arizona probably takes Celebrini because he would a savior for the franchise.

I could see a team overlooking Parekh's defensive woes.

Eiserman could go in the top 5 based off analytics, but at the same time I could also see him falling to 12th like you mentioned.

Like I said in the Artamonov explanation, he will more than likely go in the first round, but there's always that one guy that everyone expects to go in round 1 that somehow falls to round 2.

Also the Sharks are drafting Levshunov in this. Anaheim would be the one selecting Demidov. I also don't see the Sharks drafting Celebrini either, but I do agree that Arizona or Ottawa could draft Demidov at #1.
Logicalicesports liked this.
Apr. 10 at 1:26 p.m.
Quoting: Z0ra
I could see a team overlooking Parekh's defensive woes.

Eiserman could go in the top 5 based off analytics, but at the same time I could also see him falling to 12th like you mentioned.

Like I said in the Artamonov explanation, he will more than likely go in the first round, but there's always that one guy that everyone expects to go in round 1 that somehow falls to round 2.

Also the Sharks are drafting Levshunov in this. Anaheim would be the one selecting Demidov. I also don't see the Sharks drafting Celebrini either, but I do agree that Arizona or Ottawa could draft Demidov at #1.

I guess Artamonov could be the Heidt of this draft. But If the Capitals make the playoffs and are the 18th selection of the draft I would assume they would be looking at him or Jiricek.
Apr. 10 at 1:57 p.m.
This is well done. As a Flyers fan I'd be happy with this outcome (although I think they'll be picking 12 or 13 which will change their pick)
Apr. 10 at 3:07 p.m.
Celebrini should be no. 1 pick. Some things Demidov is doing in the MHL won't work in the North America. NHL D-men would simply hit him.

I think it was Blackhawks' GM who said they would prefer center as their top pick. With very limited number of candidates Lindstrom (who plays both wing and center) could be their guy. But when Lindstrom was out his team performed very well anyway. It might end similar as with Dach.

I assume teams will perfer D-men over forwards. D-men are usually harder to get and weaker drafts are a chance to get D-men at reasonable price. Parekh will be top-10 pick.

Chernyshov does one thing right and that is his first step when he separates himself from D-men. And that's basically it. Whoever drafts him in the 1st round might be very disappointed in the end.

Greentree has awkward skating technique, but he should be ahead of Stiga, Bednarik and Emery all day long. He should be top-6 NHL winger, which is not guaranteed for Stiga and Bednarik.

Spencer Gill could really end as borderline 1st/2nd round pick.

Goalie candidates for 2nd round could be Gidlof, Vinni and Moysevich.
Apr. 10 at 4:30 p.m.
mokumboi
First let me say I dig the Skahan pick.

Now... I hate to be that guy, but it's not possible for the Blues to pick lower than 16th if they miss the playoffs, which they are going to do.

And if Dickinson/Silayev/Buium last that long, get ready for a trade up.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll