RD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$775,000$775,000
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$3,250,000$3M)
RD
RFA - 2
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$5,280,000$5,280,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 22 at 9:30 a.m.
On the Rod Meal Plan
Canes decline (and Burns probably does too).
Apr. 22 at 9:32 a.m.
Blues4Life
Blues decline. Hofer is 23 and just played 30 games with a .914 save percentage. Would need a first or top defensive prospect to even consider.
mokumboi and Matt1567 liked this.
Apr. 22 at 9:43 a.m.
3rd for Holtz?? Anaheim will do that!
mokumboi and Matt1567 liked this.
Apr. 22 at 9:49 a.m.
Why on earth would the Blues give this any consideration?
Apr. 22 at 10:26 a.m.
😒
mokumboi liked this.
Apr. 22 at 10:34 a.m.
mokumboi
You're definitely not getting Hofer for that sad offer. And if you want to make a real one, Schmid is of no use. The Blues have another goalie just as good as Hofer right behind him (Zherenko), and then another guy who just made a huge development leap (Ellis) behind him.

But if you feel like giving Holtz away so cheap, the Blues would love a word about that.
Matt1567 liked this.
Apr. 22 at 11:03 a.m.
Hawks are in on Holtz for that price!
mokumboi liked this.
Apr. 22 at 11:33 a.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
You're definitely not getting Hofer for that sad offer. And if you want to make a real one, Schmid is of no use. The Blues have another goalie just as good as Hofer right behind him (Zherenko), and then another guy who just made a huge development leap (Ellis) behind him.

But if you feel like giving Holtz away so cheap, the Blues would love a word about that.

What would be the package for Hofer? What is his ceiling? Saaros would be too costly a trade.
Apr. 22 at 11:52 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Whalers7997
What would be the package for Hofer? What is his ceiling? Saaros would be too costly a trade.

You'd need to overpay, and the Devils prospect pool has thinned out from graduations the last few years. Casey is probably the main piece they might like, but I cannot imagine they'd do that 1 for 1 even if they did want Casey. And I also imagine the Devils would not trade their 24 1st for Hofer. You do have room to take a contract the might like to move, though. If you felt like rehabilitating Krug or Faulk, that might be New Jersey's best in.

His ceiling is strong starting goalie with elite puckhandling (which is extra valuable to the Blues because of their system their system). He's not all that far off either of those things right now.
Apr. 22 at 12:00 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
You'd need to overpay, and the Devils prospect pool has thinned out from graduations the last few years. Casey is probably the main piece they might like, but I cannot imagine they'd do that 1 for 1 even if they did want Casey. And I also imagine the Devils would not trade their 24 1st for Hofer. You do have room to take a contract the might like to move, though. If you felt like rehabilitating Krug or Faulk, that might be New Jersey's best in.

His ceiling is strong starting goalie with elite puckhandling (which is extra valuable to the Blues because of their system their system). He's not all that far off either of those things right now.

Akira Schmid the last 2 years:
46 games , 0.910, 2.58 GAA, 10.97 GSAx
Hofer the last 2 years:
36 games, 0.912, 2.74 GAA, 11.03 GSAx

They are the same age.

Here are the games Hofer played on less than 3 days rest:
Half a game vs AZ, 12 saves, 0 goals. 2 days rest

1 day rest after that half game
4 goals vs nashville on 15 shots

2 days rest:
3 goals vs pitt on 29 shots

4 goals on 32 shots vs winnipeg on 2 days rest coming off a half game
Apr. 22 at 12:11 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: dgibb10
Akira Schmid the last 2 years:
46 games , 0.910, 2.58 GAA, 10.97 GSAx
Hofer the last 2 years:
36 games, 0.912, 2.74 GAA, 11.03 GSAx

They are the same age.

Here are the games Hofer played on less than 3 days rest:
Half a game vs AZ, 12 saves, 0 goals. 2 days rest

1 day rest after that half game
4 goals vs nashville on 15 shots

2 days rest:
3 goals vs pitt on 29 shots

4 goals on 32 shots vs winnipeg on 2 days rest coming off a half game

Awesome. But none of that changes the concept that if the Blues actually trade Hofer they will not want a goalie in return. They are not going to trade Hofer for a goalie, let alone one who's had more bad starts in the NHL than good ones. Hofer had more quality starts in 30 games this season (19) than Schmid has had across 43 games (14). With a worse defensive/possession team in front of him.

If the Blues actually trade Hofer, it will play a part in addressing a major need, and this team has a few.
Apr. 22 at 12:19 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Awesome. But none of that changes the concept that if the Blues actually trade Hofer they will not want a goalie in return. They are not going to trade Hofer for a goalie, let alone one who's had more bad starts in the NHL than good ones. Hofer had more quality starts in 30 games this season (19) than Schmid has had across 43 games (14). With a worse defensive/possession team in front of him.

If the Blues actually trade Hofer, it will play a part in addressing a major need, and this team has a few.

Hofer getting a week between each game helps.

Hofer made 2 starts in a 4 day stretch 1 singular time this year.

Schmid started both nights of a back to back multiple times.

Again, Schmid and Hofer have very similar stats over the last 2 years.

I understand it's very easy to get hyped up on whatever young backup goalie your team has tho.
Apr. 22 at 12:35 p.m.
mokumboi
Hofer getting a week between each game helps.

Hofer made 2 starts in a 4 day stretch 1 singular time this year.

Schmid started both nights of a back to back multiple times.

Again, Schmid and Hofer have very similar stats over the last 2 years.

I understand it's very easy to get hyped up on whatever young backup goalie your team has tho.

Heh. Hofer has always been highly rated, man. You're trying to suggest he doesn't have a starting goalie ceiling by noting that he was a back-up to an excellent goalie in his rookie season when everyone knew all along that he would be the back-up. That's not how ceiling works.

And starting a back to back is not so impressive when your combined save pct. for those games is .868. Against Columbus and Anaheim.

This season alone, Hofer beaten Dallas, Florida, Vancouver, LA and Boston. In all his 43 regular season games, Schmid has beaten a grand total of one playoff team. To be fair, he did enjoy a heater to beat the Rags in the playoffs, so he's definitely one up there - but Hofer has yet to have such an opportunity.

But as I said, it's not a young goalie pissing contest. The Blues have no intention of trading Hofer. And if they actually did, the goodie(s) coming back will not include a goalie, because they don't need any more. Even without Hofer, they'd be set for years to come.
Apr. 22 at 12:46 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Heh. Hofer has always been highly rated, man. And you're trying to suggest he doesn't have a starting goalie ceiling by noting that he was a back-up to an excellent goalie in his rookie season when everyone knew all along that he would be the back-up?

And starting a back to back is not so impressive when your combined save pct. for those games is .868. Against Columbus and Anaheim.

This season alone, Hofer beaten Dallas, Florida, Vancouver, LA and Boston. In all his 43 regular season games, Schmid has beaten a grand total of one playoff team. To be fair, he did enjoy a heater to beat the Rags in the playoffs, so he's definitely one up there - but Hofer has yet to have such an opportunity.

But as I said, it's not a young goalie pissing contest. The Blues have no intention of trading Hofer. And if they actually did, the goodie(s) coming back will not include a goalie, because they don't need any more. Even without Hofer, they'd be set for years to come.

Yes, starting both nights of a back to back is very difficult. Those 2 nights where ****ek called in sick and Schmid had to start both nights, both of which were home and road back to backs meaning travel time tanked schmid's stats Getting less rest impacts your stats significantly. Without those back to backs, Schmid goes up to about a 0.915 and a 15 GSAx over the last 2 years.

Over the last 2 years

0 days of rest:
Schmid 4.3%
Hofer 0

1 Day rest or less:
Schmid 34.7%
Hofer: 13.8%

2 Days rest or less:
Schmid 39.1%
Hofer 27.8%

3 Days or less:
Schmid 52.2%
Hofer 38.9%

Can you imagine if NJD fans came out here demanding multiple 1sts last year for Schmid. Hofer certainly doesn't have more value than Schmid had last year.
Apr. 22 at 2:16 p.m.
mokumboi
Edited Apr. 22 at 2:22 p.m.
Yes, starting both nights of a back to back is very difficult. Those 2 nights where ****ek called in sick and Schmid had to start both nights, both of which were home and road back to backs meaning travel time tanked schmid's stats Getting less rest impacts your stats significantly. Without those back to backs, Schmid goes up to about a 0.915 and a 15 GSAx over the last 2 years.

Over the last 2 years

0 days of rest:
Schmid 4.3%
Hofer 0

1 Day rest or less:
Schmid 34.7%
Hofer: 13.8%

2 Days rest or less:
Schmid 39.1%
Hofer 27.8%

3 Days or less:
Schmid 52.2%
Hofer 38.9%

Can you imagine if NJD fans came out here demanding multiple 1sts last year for Schmid. Hofer certainly doesn't have more value than Schmid had last year.

Wow, you're really invested in this. Dude, Hofer was a rookie backup this season and was always going to be a rookie backup until Binnington got hurt, which did not happen. What benchmark do you expect to him to meet here? Feel free to find all those people out there who think Schmid is better or as good or worth near as much, or whomever thought that at any time since they were drafted. He never has been higher rated, even when he had a couple brief hot spells. None of it changes my main point, which has nothing to do with how good Schmid is or isn't.

Besides, you and I both know that if you need to cling so tightly to "days of rest" stats for guys with 38 and 43 regular season NHL games, respectively, you're really scraping the bottom of the evidence barrel. Schmid has started back to back nights exactly TWO times in the NHL - the first time he got friggin shelled by San Jose (five goals on 17 shots!!) and the second time he gave up four to lose to Anaheim. This is not the boast you seem to think it is.

And who the hell asked for two 1sts for Hofer? I have no idea where that came from.
Apr. 22 at 2:50 p.m.
Only a 3rd for Holtz? Has he fallen off that much or not much room for him at that roster?
Apr. 22 at 2:59 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Wow, you're really invested in this. Dude, Hofer was a rookie backup this season and was always going to be a rookie backup until Binnington got hurt, which did not happen. What benchmark do you expect to him to meet here? Feel free to find all those people out there who think Schmid is better or as good or worth near as much, or whomever thought that at any time since they were drafted. He never has been higher rated, even when he had a couple brief hot spells. None of it changes my main point, which has nothing to do with how good Schmid is or isn't.

Besides, you and I both know that if you need to cling so tightly to "days of rest" stats for guys with 38 and 43 regular season NHL games, respectively, you're really scraping the bottom of the evidence barrel. Schmid has started back to back nights exactly TWO times in the NHL - the first time he got friggin shelled by San Jose (five goals on 17 shots!!) and the second time he gave up four to lose to Anaheim. This is not the boast you seem to think it is.

And who the hell asked for two 1sts for Hofer? I have no idea where that came from.

Yes, and those 2 times have tanked schmids stats. If Schmid was getting the kind of rest that HOFer gets (backup rest), his results would be much better.

But again, I have not said Schmid was worth more than Hofer in a trade.

The point was to illustrate that Hofer is not special. Every single fanbase in hockey is combined that whatever goalie they have under 25 is a sure thing to become a stud.

Ersson, Pyotr, Dostal, woll, cossa, Schmid, daws, Silovs, Bussi, Fowler, Wolf, Levi, and 100 other guys. And each of their fanbases is CONVINCED they’ll all be sure things. Heck even you showed it more by assuming the next 2 goalies AFTER HOFer are also sure things to make it.

Every team has one of these goalies. And every fanbase is convinced that their crapshoot goalie is better than everyone else’s crapshoot goalie. They don’t fetch much in trades if you try and sell them.

And so teams simply keep them and play the lottery on it.

Or, if they try to get sold, you see prices like Adin Hill to SJS, Vitek acquired by Washington after Seattle took him in expansion, etc etc.

But hey, Schmid’s 0.922 27 games last year=flash in the pan doesn’t count

And Hofer .914 30 games this year=totally legit and sustainable this is the bare minimum going forward

Hofer went in the 4th, Schmid in the 5th. Pretending you’ve got Askarov or Wallstedt out here lmao.

Frankly going into next year I’d prefer Schmid because his waiver exemption allows you to hold 3 NHL ready goalies in case of injury, while you are locked into just 2 options with Hofer, with your 3rd option being a guy who will pass through waivers
Apr. 22 at 3:29 p.m.
mokumboi
Yes, and those 2 times have tanked schmids stats. If Schmid was getting the kind of rest that HOFer gets (backup rest), his results would be much better.

But again, I have not said Schmid was worth more than Hofer in a trade.

The point was to illustrate that Hofer is not special. Every single fanbase in hockey is combined that whatever goalie they have under 25 is a sure thing to become a stud.

Ersson, Pyotr, Dostal, woll, cossa, Schmid, daws, Silovs, Bussi, Fowler, Wolf, Levi, and 100 other guys. And each of their fanbases is CONVINCED they’ll all be sure things. Heck even you showed it more by assuming the next 2 goalies AFTER HOFer are also sure things to make it.

Every team has one of these goalies. And every fanbase is convinced that their crapshoot goalie is better than everyone else’s crapshoot goalie. They don’t fetch much in trades if you try and sell them.

And so teams simply keep them and play the lottery on it.

Or, if they try to get sold, you see prices like Adin Hill to SJS, Vitek acquired by Washington after Seattle took him in expansion, etc etc.

But hey, Schmid’s 0.922 27 games last year=flash in the pan doesn’t count

And Hofer .914 30 games this year=totally legit and sustainable this is the bare minimum going forward

Hofer went in the 4th, Schmid in the 5th. Pretending you’ve got Askarov or Wallstedt out here lmao.

Frankly going into next year I’d prefer Schmid because his waiver exemption allows you to hold 3 NHL ready goalies in case of injury, while you are locked into just 2 options with Hofer, with your 3rd option being a guy who will pass through waivers

I couldn't get through all that. I never said anything about Hofer being special. And the majority of those young goalies you listed have never been rated as highly as Hofer has been, either in the past or now.

I said he had the ceiling of a strong starter, which is about as unique a take as Starbucks locations. I said the Blues have no intention of trading him, which is a big fat duh. I said if the Blues give him up, it would not be for a goalie who is definitely no better. This is also an pretty cold, obvious take.

So I'm not even sure what we're debating other than you thinking I'm selling Schmid short. Which again, has nothing to do with my original point.
Apr. 22 at 3:32 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I couldn't get through all that. I never said anything about Hofer being special. And the majority of those young goalies you listed have never been rated as highly as Hofer has been, either in the past or now.

I said he had the ceiling of a strong starter, which is about as unique a take as Starbucks locations. I said the Blues have no intention of trading him, which is a big fat duh. I said if the Blues give him up, it would not be for a goalie who is definitely no better. This is also an pretty cold, obvious take.

So I'm not even sure what we're debating other than you thinking I'm selling Schmid short. Which again, has nothing to do with my original point.

Go ask those fanbases about which goalies are rated higher.

Go tell flames fans that Wolf isn't highly rated, Habs fans that Fowler isn't, Detroit fans that cossa isn't, Ducks fans that dostal isn't, Buffalo fans that levi isn't.
Apr. 22 at 3:49 p.m.
mokumboi
Go ask those fanbases about which goalies are rated higher.

Go tell flames fans that Wolf isn't highly rated, Habs fans that Fowler isn't, Detroit fans that cossa isn't, Ducks fans that dostal isn't, Buffalo fans that levi isn't.

No. First you go show me where I said those particular goalies aren't highly rated. Thise are exactly the goalies who made up the minority on that list who are rated highly.

And who cares what the fan bases think? How did that even get into this?
Apr. 22 at 3:53 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
No. First you go show me where I said those particular goalies aren't highly rated. Thise are exactly the goalies who made up the minority on that list who are rated highly.

And who cares what the fan bases think? How did that even get into this?

Go tell Canes fans Pyotr isn't highly rated, Leafs fans woll isn't highly rated, Philly fans Ersson (and that other Russian) isn't highly rated.
Apr. 22 at 4:08 p.m.
mokumboi
Go tell Canes fans Pyotr isn't highly rated, Leafs fans woll isn't highly rated, Philly fans Ersson (and that other Russian) isn't highly rated.

O_O

Did you just try to bolster some sort of point by submitting what Leafs fans think about one of their prospects? Seriously???

Look, I can't keep doing this. We're so far from my original point, it's over the horizon. Under no circumstance are the Blues going to consider this trade for a nanosecond. I can't believe this is even in question.
Apr. 22 at 4:29 p.m.
do not Devil my ass
Quoting: glarson17
Only a 3rd for Holtz? Has he fallen off that much or not much room for him at that roster?

No, not even close. OP is just kinda clueless in regards to this trade.
dgibb10 and glarson17 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll