SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Ideal draft for MTL

Ideal draft for MTL

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Caufield
Published: May 3 at 9:49 p.m.
Description
Ideal draft for MTL, assuming we drop 1 spot, and Demidov goes where he is supposed to

This would project our future lineup to be

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Eiserman-Dach-Sennecke
Newhook-Beck-Roy
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersPhiladelphia Flyers (12→2)
  2. Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks (1→1)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
2Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
3Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
4Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
5Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
6Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-MTL takes Sennecke here, who has some of the best tools in the entire draft. He had a bad start to the season, but we can’t forget he had to adjust to a 5 in grow spurt, so the fact that it didn’t even take him the entire season to adjust is already a solid sign. MTL gets a chance to get a player similar to Boldy, and will be a great fit in our top 6, with definite top line potential
8Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
9Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
10Logo of the Calgary Flames-
11Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
12Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I do see Eiserman dropping quite a bit in this draft, and with having Dach and Sennecke, Eiserman could actually work in MTL. He will definitely not work without playmakers, so giving him 2 play makers will maximize his capabilities, and it will give Sennecke and Dach someone that will finish their plays very well. MTL trade up to 15 here
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
17Logo of the Washington Capitals-
18Logo of the New York Islanders-
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston Bruins
27Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
28Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
29Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida Panthers
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-
32Logo of the New York Rangers-
May 3 at 11:08 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
I think youre too high on Beckett Sennecke.

Could without a doubt get him in the 12-18 range, just trade up with other picks atp
A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 3 at 11:11 p.m.
Levi
Tbh I’m starting to think that Sennecke should go between the 8-12range, although he has a really high ceiling it’s hard to pass up on Catton or Parekh. I do think if Montreal stays at 5 they could still get either Demidov or Lindstrom tho
May 4 at 12:29 a.m.
Seems like there was a bug in the lottery function for this draft. If a team below 11th wins the first lottery the Sharks don't make sense to be in the 2nd lottery. In this case you'd have teams 2-13 minus Philly figuring out if they're picking 3rd, Pittsburgh figuring out if they're picking 4th and deferring the traded pick to 2025, Detroit hoping to pick 5th, and St Louis hoping to pick 6th.
May 4 at 8:12 a.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: Kyle_Okposo_Lover
I think youre too high on Beckett Sennecke.

Could without a doubt get him in the 12-18 range, just trade up with other picks atp

Idk, Sennecke has some of the best tools in the entire draft. Insane hands, very good IQ, and great skating. Once he grows into his body, he should be even better.

I am high on him, but at this point, there is no way he falls out of the top 10, so might as well take him. Let’s be real here, if he had even just 80 pts this year, he’d be a consistent top 5 pick. We can’t forget that he grew 4-5 inches in a ridiculously short amount of time, and that 100% affects players. Sennecke’s 2nd half of the season is very solid, and probably has the best playoff race amongst the entire draft class.
May 4 at 8:16 a.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: Levig01
Tbh I’m starting to think that Sennecke should go between the 8-12range, although he has a really high ceiling it’s hard to pass up on Catton or Parekh. I do think if Montreal stays at 5 they could still get either Demidov or Lindstrom tho

Parekh has massive defensive flaws, so he’s definitely not a must draft guy, especially in MTL’s case, where they have a bunch of defenders

As for Catton, you’re getting a point generator, but maybe not very impactful for the amount of points he gets. I’m severely seeing him a bit like Marner, where the regular season points will be great, but he will be a very bad playoff guy.
Sennecke might get a couple less points (maybe in the 80 pt range instead of the 90), but this guy will take your team to a cup.
May 4 at 10:12 a.m.
ht42
I hear that if Montreal really wants Sennecke, they will likely gonna make a trade with the Jets pick to go in the 12-18th overall range instead of drafting him in the top 8.
May 4 at 10:16 a.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: ht42
I hear that if Montreal really wants Sennecke, they will likely gonna make a trade with the Jets pick to go in the 12-18th overall range instead of drafting him in the top 8.

That's great and all, but it's hard to trade up at 12th OA for a guy who isn't on the board. I don't really see a way Sennecke doesn't go top 10
May 4 at 11:19 a.m.
Can we stop wanting Devils to draft dman plz. Nemec,Luke,Casey,Hatakka,Vilen theres a log jam at d. Unless they gonna move casey for old man Marky or Ullmark which is not worth it not even Saros is worth the overpay.
May 4 at 11:46 a.m.
Levi
Quoting: Caufield
Parekh has massive defensive flaws, so he’s definitely not a must draft guy, especially in MTL’s case, where they have a bunch of defenders

As for Catton, you’re getting a point generator, but maybe not very impactful for the amount of points he gets. I’m severely seeing him a bit like Marner, where the regular season points will be great, but he will be a very bad playoff guy.
Sennecke might get a couple less points (maybe in the 80 pt range instead of the 90), but this guy will take your team to a cup.

Yeah fair, this draft is such a weird one cause from like 2-15 any of those players can go anywhere, one of the more interesting drafts, lots of potential for star talent, also lots of question marks
Caufield liked this.
May 4 at 11:49 a.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: Levig01
Yeah fair, this draft is such a weird one cause from like 2-15 any of those players can go anywhere, one of the more interesting drafts, lots of potential for star talent, also lots of question marks

Definitely the most boom-or-bust draft in a while. If most of the guys pan out, it's gonna be seen as an elite draft, but they also might not, and then it may be seen as a mid or even bad draft. But in terms of prospects, its one of the deepest we've seen, arguably more than last years...
Levig01 liked this.
May 4 at 12:21 p.m.
Flyers
Im pretty giddy if Sennecke goes top 10 if Im the Flyers.
May 4 at 12:37 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: TyeZerker
Can we stop wanting Devils to draft dman plz. Nemec,Luke,Casey,Hatakka,Vilen theres a log jam at d. Unless they gonna move casey for old man Marky or Ullmark which is not worth it not even Saros is worth the overpay.

Overall, I usually have them get MBN or even Eiserman, but imo, NJ should definitely take a LD if one of the elite ones fall (Dickinson, Silayev, Buium)
May 4 at 1:13 p.m.
chibrikov is a steal
That's great and all, but it's hard to trade up at 12th OA for a guy who isn't on the board. I don't really see a way Sennecke doesn't go top 10

What is a solid player comp for Sennecke?

Also another guy that is not getting enough attention is Teddy Stiga. 11th on my board, could jump to top 10 after the u18s. He has all the necessary tools, best defensive forward in the draft and second best skater in the draft. The best skater in the draft is Connelly.
Caufield liked this.
May 4 at 1:15 p.m.
chibrikov is a steal
Overall, I usually have them get MBN or even Eiserman, but imo, NJ should definitely take a LD if one of the elite ones fall (Dickinson, Silayev, Buium)

Ideal targets for the Devils:

MBN
Eiserman
Connelly
Chernyshov
Greentree
Sennecke
May 4 at 1:16 p.m.
chibrikov is a steal
Quoting: TyeZerker

I get the logjam, but what if Dickinson or Silayev were available?
May 4 at 2:11 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: Z0ra
What is a solid player comp for Sennecke?

Also another guy that is not getting enough attention is Teddy Stiga. 11th on my board, could jump to top 10 after the u18s. He has all the necessary tools, best defensive forward in the draft and second best skater in the draft. The best skater in the draft is Connelly.

I agree with Stiga, he's very good. I personally have him 16, but if he goes higher it's deserved.

As for a comp for Sennecke, I've seen Boldy, which I would agree with. IMO, Boldy is the 2nd best player from the 2019 draft, so definitely a solid comp
May 4 at 5:11 p.m.
if sennecke was just an inch less i bet no one would talk about him at # 5. but thats just my opinion.
May 4 at 6:32 p.m.
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: drambui
if sennecke was just an inch less i bet no one would talk about him at # 5. but thats just my opinion.

I definitely don't think so. It's a nice bonus to be 6"3, but when you have the tool-set Sennecke has, it's an obvious reason why he should be going crazy high
May 6 at 1:52 p.m.
I'm glad you aren't the GM

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll