Forums/Armchair-GM

Sergachev

Created by: DopeGM
Team: 2024-25 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: May 22, 2024
Published: May 22, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Minny looks like the ideal fit for Sergachev. Can’t find anyone else close.

Hard to figure how both Ohgren and Yurov break into the top six in the same season. Tricky.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
1$950,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$850,000
2$1,250,000
Trades
TBL
  1. Middleton, Jake
  2. Rossi, Marco
  3. 2024 2nd round pick (MIN)
  4. 2024 4th round pick (MIN)
MIN
  1. Drury, Jack [RFA Rights]
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (CAR)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$87,700,000$87,155,255$425,000$2,000,000$544,745
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$4,125,000$4,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RW
RFA
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,100,000$2,100,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C
RFA
$775,000$775,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$886,667$886,667 (Performance Bonus$475,000$475K)
LW
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
RD
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
G
RFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
RFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 22 at 9:58 a.m.
Canes pass. Don't need another goalie
DopeGM liked this.
May 22 at 10:00 a.m.
GM Tom Dundon
No, would rather keep Drury. Not sure where Gus fits in, as I don’t think a Pyotr/Gus combo wins a cup long term. Gus is good, but he’s not a big enough improvement to pay assets for.
DopeGM liked this.
May 22 at 10:00 a.m.
I don't think the Lightning give up Sergy. But if they did, the second and fourth need to become a first.

So a first, Rossi and Middleton might get the gears moving on that deal.

Plus Sergy instantly becomes your 1 LHD next to Faber
DopeGM liked this.
May 22 at 10:02 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
That is a pretty strong over pay for Sergachev. I like him but that's to much. The Gustavsson trade really doesn't make sense for either team.
DopeGM and JayTea liked this.
May 22 at 10:02 a.m.
CapEvasionEnthusiast
I don't think Sergachev is on the move. Odds are Cooper might experiment and he plays the right side next season paired with McDonagh.
Solid chance they just shop Jeannot/Perbix and trade or buyout (if they can't trade) Sheary instead to get their savings
DopeGM liked this.
May 22 at 10:03 a.m.
Serious armchairGM:)
Quoting: Caniac555
No, would rather keep Drury. Not sure where Gus fits in, as I don’t think a Pyotr/Gus combo wins a cup long term. Gus is good, but he’s not a big enough improvement to pay assets for.

In a bit of a rush and just trying to find a home for Gus. Sorry Canes fans! The main point was to try to find a home for Aergachev
May 22 at 10:10 a.m.
Quoting: Brolekb2b
I don't think Sergachev is on the move. Odds are Cooper might experiment and he plays the right side next season paired with McDonagh.
Solid chance they just shop Jeannot/Perbix and trade or buyout (if they can't trade) Sheary instead to get their savings

Really? I could see Cernak instead but I’m not sure how they fill out the roster? Or no Stamkos
May 22 at 10:44 a.m.
14m in dead cap
Yurov is signed to the KHL for next year, so he's not coming over just yet. Maybe Heidt makes the team out of camp and there is your ELC top 6 player to save some cap.

Only way I'd consider this as the Wild is if it's Rossi and Middleton for Sergachev with no picks. The salary cap exists and Tampa saves quite a bit on their cap for next year which should be incentive enough for them to do it. They sacrifice on defense, but improve at forward and with them bringing in McDonagh, they can probably afford to downgrade Sergachev to Middleton.
OutCold13, DopeGM and RazWild liked this.
May 22 at 10:50 a.m.
14m in dead cap
Quoting: DopeGM
In a bit of a rush and just trying to find a home for Gus. Sorry Canes fans! The main point was to try to find a home for Aergachev

Gus to NJ generally has been accepted here, with the trade either being Gus and a swap of 2024 1st round picks or Gus for a 2nd. Rare moments on this site when both fan bases seem ok with the proposed trade.
RazWild liked this.
May 22 at 10:55 a.m.
I like that deal both sides yup. The pick swap is interesting and I feel like Minny would like a depth player back in the deal.
May 22 at 10:57 a.m.
Quoting: JayTea
Yurov is signed to the KHL for next year, so he's not coming over just yet. Maybe Heidt makes the team out of camp and there is your ELC top 6 player to save some cap.

Only way I'd consider this as the Wild is if it's Rossi and Middleton for Sergachev with no picks. The salary cap exists and Tampa saves quite a bit on their cap for next year which should be incentive enough for them to do it. They sacrifice on defense, but improve at forward and with them bringing in McDonagh, they can probably afford to downgrade Sergachev to Middleton.

I’m not saying the picks are thrown in, but I do think TB demands picks and they wouldn’t be critical to Minny’s future from here with such a great pipeline. It might be advantageous for Minny to take back a 27 pick to spread out their prospects.
May 22 at 11:07 a.m.
CapEvasionEnthusiast
Really? I could see Cernak instead but I’m not sure how they fill out the roster? Or no Stamkos

Yeah I had an ACGM where I shipped out Cernak and he's the one piece that can kind of preserve the majority of the core. He's coming off a down year so I'm not sure what value we'd get, but I think he seems like the most likely casualty with guys like Crozier and Schmidt in the system.

Hedman-Raddysh, McDonagh-Sergachev (lefty with RD experience), and Lilleberg-Crozier? Coop loved Lilleberg-Croz in Syracuse, and the only thing stopping TB from running with Crozier was the cap last season. If Cernak's on the way out I think we might see this?

I think TB might just go heavy on the left with Hedman, Sergachev, and McDonagh with 3LD minutes while keeping Raddysh, Cernak, and Crozier/Perbix if he stays.

If we move TJ, Sheary, and/or Perbix, we'd have enough for Stamkos + and ELC player developing in the top six, plus space for maybe a 22 man roster. Might take more work and more phone calls to make it happen, but I'd rather gut the bottom six from expensive pieces and preserve our top 6/top 4 d-men than lose a crucial piece.
DopeGM liked this.
May 22 at 11:28 a.m.
Yeah I had an ACGM where I shipped out Cernak and he's the one piece that can kind of preserve the majority of the core. He's coming off a down year so I'm not sure what value we'd get, but I think he seems like the most likely casualty with guys like Crozier and Schmidt in the system.

Hedman-Raddysh, McDonagh-Sergachev (lefty with RD experience), and Lilleberg-Crozier? Coop loved Lilleberg-Croz in Syracuse, and the only thing stopping TB from running with Crozier was the cap last season. If Cernak's on the way out I think we might see this?

I think TB might just go heavy on the left with Hedman, Sergachev, and McDonagh with 3LD minutes while keeping Raddysh, Cernak, and Crozier/Perbix if he stays.

If we move TJ, Sheary, and/or Perbix, we'd have enough for Stamkos + and ELC player developing in the top six, plus space for maybe a 22 man roster. Might take more work and more phone calls to make it happen, but I'd rather gut the bottom six from expensive pieces and preserve our top 6/top 4 d-men than lose a crucial piece.

Especially a young core piece like Sergachev.

Cernak to Buffalo makes so much sense for both teams.

Sergachev happens to be floating around in my mind this AM because of McDonough and the possibility that Brisebois wants to sell while his injury history is still kind of settling in
May 22 at 11:29 a.m.
14m in dead cap
I’m not saying the picks are thrown in, but I do think TB demands picks and they wouldn’t be critical to Minny’s future from here with such a great pipeline. It might be advantageous for Minny to take back a 27 pick to spread out their prospects.

Counterpoint: Tampa's GM has a history of not caring about draft picks and being more than willing to pay the price to get a player he wants. If he's making this deal, it's because he thinks Rossi/Middleton plus ~$5m in cap savings for other roster upgrades gives him a better chance to win a Cup than Sergachev.
RazWild liked this.
May 22 at 11:42 a.m.
CapEvasionEnthusiast
Especially a young core piece like Sergachev.

Cernak to Buffalo makes so much sense for both teams.

Sergachev happens to be floating around in my mind this AM because of McDonough and the possibility that Brisebois wants to sell while his injury history is still kind of settling in

I personally had Cernak to Utah working out more - Utah has no defenseman under contract with the exception of rights to RFAs, and Cernak would be able to let guys like Durzi and Moser play a more offense oriented game while being under a long term contract. Tons of picks and with an ownership not afraid to spend/move assets to improve the squad, seems like a match made in heaven if TB can squeeze two 2nds out of them. If Cooper plays Sergachev on the right side it opens the possibility for Lilleberg (got some growing pains but still a very solid 3RD) and Crozier's cheap ELCs to take the 3rd pairing. If you're able to retain Perbix too, and let's say Sergachev does get injured, Hedman-Raddysh, McDonagh-Crozier, and Lilleberg-Perbix (last two are interchangeable) don't seem that awful in the greater scheme of things. Wouldn't even call it an injury history for Misha, just god awful luck with two bad leg injuries.
DopeGM liked this.
May 22 at 12:05 p.m.
boltsfan71
Tampas not trading anyone from their defense core
May 22 at 12:28 p.m.
Quoting: Logicalicesports
I don't think the Lightning give up Sergy. But if they did, the second and fourth need to become a first.

So a first, Rossi and Middleton might get the gears moving on that deal.

Plus Sergy instantly becomes your 1 LHD next to Faber

Two words....

Jonas Brodin.
May 22 at 12:42 p.m.
Quoting: RazWild
Two words....

Jonas Brodin.

Brodin is not better than Sergy
May 22 at 1:32 p.m.
Quoting: Logicalicesports
Brodin is not better than Sergy

Define, better.

Because Sergy is better offensively, that's it.

Brodin is a top defensive defenseman in the league. He's better defensively than Sergachev, for sure.

So it depends on what kind of player you want next to Faber. Do you want an offensive defenseman that forces Faber to play the shutdown role, so that they can get their points? Or do you want a defensive stalwart to play the shutdown role so that Faber can take chances and open himself to a more aggressive offensive engagement.
May 22 at 3:43 p.m.
I personally had Cernak to Utah working out more - Utah has no defenseman under contract with the exception of rights to RFAs, and Cernak would be able to let guys like Durzi and Moser play a more offense oriented game while being under a long term contract. Tons of picks and with an ownership not afraid to spend/move assets to improve the squad, seems like a match made in heaven if TB can squeeze two 2nds out of them. If Cooper plays Sergachev on the right side it opens the possibility for Lilleberg (got some growing pains but still a very solid 3RD) and Crozier's cheap ELCs to take the 3rd pairing. If you're able to retain Perbix too, and let's say Sergachev does get injured, Hedman-Raddysh, McDonagh-Crozier, and Lilleberg-Perbix (last two are interchangeable) don't seem that awful in the greater scheme of things. Wouldn't even call it an injury history for Misha, just god awful luck with two bad leg injuries.

Cernak probably fits in a lot of team designs! Utah makes a ton of sense for sure.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll