SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

Does Carolina Trade a Defenseman?

Anyone get traded?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 7, 2017 at 12:44 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Carolina currently has a abundance of D-men, do they trade one for a high end forward?
Aug. 7, 2017 at 12:50 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
As of right now, no. By this time next year the should, but it seems unlikely before the season starts. The only thing they'd target is a high end center, and we all know the story with Duchene, who happens to be the only one really available.
Aug. 7, 2017 at 12:52 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: krakowitz
As of right now, no. By this time next year the should, but it seems unlikely before the season starts. The only thing they'd target is a high end center, and we all know the story with Duchene, who happens to be the only one really available.

Duchene for Fleury? Deadline trade.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:57 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Not like, now, but in-season or next offseason they could move Bean if they get the right offer ... maybe Fleury ... i think they should keep the top 4 though ... they could use the other guys to get a forward and maybe try to get a goalie ... that'll be hard to do though.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:18 a.m.
A lot will depend on who is available. The following article goes over their cap situation a few years from now, and it doesn't look particularly clear: https://www.canescountry.com/2017/8/2/16087776/upgrading-from-good-to-great-the-canes-need-to-make-a-move

I think if someone on the level of Tavares, Mark Stone, Nikita Kucherov, or similar appeared available, they would throw the farm at them (Rask, Lindholm, Hanifin, Fleury, Bean, etc.), but unless that happens, I think they're gonna hold onto their chips and look for player development. However, I could see them going after Stastny, Backlund, or Turris if they hit free agency this year, to play on the second line with Williams and Aho in 18-19.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:40 a.m.
Below Market Value
They could pull a Nashville and trade a younger defenseman for their ideal top line center. But I'm not sure of which pieces would be a part of the deal. Obviously Slavin and Pesce are off limits. I've heard talk about Hanifin maybe moving, but he's a guy that can really drive offense. Faulk is the oldest of the big four, and is a UFA sooner, so it's possible they move him while they can in order to get some assets. However, Pesce and Faulk are their only top 4 capable RHD's. Hanifin, Slavin, Fleury, and Bean are all LHD, so it's possible one of Fleury and Bean is the one to go.

if I had to guess though, i'd say they don't make a move until next offseason. They'll see how the team performs this year, and if changes need to be made, they can move someone next summer.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:13 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DarylthePony
Quoting: krakowitz

Duchene for Fleury? Deadline trade.

They turned down Duchene for Hanifin at the draft, and Fleury hasn't necessarily excelled like he was supposed to. I highly doubt Colorado does it, given the ask from Sakic
Aug. 14, 2017 at 9:32 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I think they don't trade anyone now, but trade Faulk for a forward in a year or two.
Aug. 14, 2017 at 3:31 p.m.
Caveat: If Carolina can convince Will Butcher to join them (which I find possible but unlikely), Hadyn Fleury probably becomes expendable, and a trade could happen.
Aug. 15, 2017 at 3:12 p.m.
Leafs Fan
I think they should make a move now, Bean and Fleury will need room to grow soon.
As a Toronto fan, I looked at Hanifin and Faulk but they aren't really the shutdown top 4 type RHD we need. Pesce would be a good fit, but doubt he gets traded.
I actually was looking deeper into the Canes and thought McKeown might be a more modest pickup for the Leafs RHD pipeline, We have excess winger prospects in exchange.
Aug. 15, 2017 at 11:21 p.m.
Quoting: Billius
I think they should make a move now, Bean and Fleury will need room to grow soon.
As a Toronto fan, I looked at Hanifin and Faulk but they aren't really the shutdown top 4 type RHD we need. Pesce would be a good fit, but doubt he gets traded.
I actually was looking deeper into the Canes and thought McKeown might be a more modest pickup for the Leafs RHD pipeline, We have excess winger prospects in exchange.

The Hurricanes aren't exactly in need of wings: along with Aho, Skinner, Lindholm, and Williams, the team also has Saarela and Gauthier pushing for time, Smallman on the way, and some quality veterans like Stempniak returning.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit