SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Official BOG Discussion Only Thread

Aug. 16, 2017 at 5:55 p.m.
Stickied
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Edited Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:34 p.m.
This thread is for discussion and voting between BOG members only.

We ask that other GMs do not post anything in this thread so that the BOG can keep things organized and other GMs can easily see what the BOG is currently up to.

If you have any questions of complaints that you want to submit to the BOG, please use the Board Of General Managers Official Thread.

BOG Members:
ricochetii
phillyjabroni
Turner33
Bo53Horvat
TonyStrecher
DarylthePony
Duster

BOG Agenda:

- Set up a plan for College FAs and Second Wave NHL FA
- Work on recruiting active AGMs
- Discuss GM Game Awards

Current BOG Votes:
Aug. 23, 2017 at 1:33 p.m.
Please refer to bog and other gm discussion thread....
I believe these matters regarding habitual inactivity need to be addressed...
Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:49 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Duster
Please refer to bog and other gm discussion thread....
I believe these matters regarding habitual inactivity need to be addressed...

Let's start preparing GM's for it. Let them know we will be expecting more frequent activity and updating the expectations soon and give them the opportunity to pick up an AGM prior to the change.

In the meantime, if there are no further objections/debate, I'm going to propose the 2nd round UFA specifics sometime tomorrow, with changes based on the recent discussion.
Duster liked this.
Aug. 24, 2017 at 2:35 p.m.
Re : new GM activity requirements

Proposed Rule :
GM Activity
1. GMs are required to show activity once every 5 business days.
2. The BOG are required to notify any outstanding GMs of their delinquency 48 hours before they can be removed from their position.
3. GMs are subject to removal if delinquent for 7 consecutive business days by the BOG.
4. GMs that are removed due to inactivity, they may return as an AGM to their respective team, on the condition that the current GM wants you working with them.
5. GMs are required to notify the BOG of any upcoming periods of inactivity.

Once a GM receives a warning of inactivity, the following procedure may be carried out by the BOG, pending their discretion.
1. First warning for inactivity ------> 48 hour rule is relinquished.
2. Second waring for inactivity ----> Must post within 3 business days; subject to removal if delinquent for 5 consecutive business days
3. Third warning for inactivity -----> Removal of GM position by BOG.
4. GMs that are removed due to inactivity, they may return as an AGM to their respective team, on the condition that the current GM wants you working with them.
Aug. 24, 2017 at 4:17 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni

Proposed Rule :
GM Activity
2. The BOG are required to notify any outstanding GMs of their delinquency 48 hours before they can be removed from their position.
3. GMs are subject to removal if delinquent for 7 consecutive business days by the BOG.

Once a GM receives a warning of inactivity, the following procedure may be carried out by the BOG, pending their discretion.
2. Second waring for inactivity ----> Must post within 3 business days; subject to removal if delinquent for 5 consecutive business days

I feel this leaves a lot of roon for the behavior to continue still...I think the leash needs to be shorter still...
Aug. 24, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Proposed Rule :
GM Activity

-------

1. addendum: This requires an actual post being made within the GM Game forum section. This creates a time stamp of your most recent activity.

Change: (no may or at your discretion, clarity)
To:
Each time you are deemed to be inactive without prior notification, the level of activity expected of you will increase.

Level 1: Meeting expectations. 48 hour notification after 5 days of no activity. Removal after 48 hours expire.
Level 2: Has previously failed to meet expectations. 48 hour notification after 3 days of no activity. Removal after 48 hours expire.
Level 3: Has repeatedly failed to meet expectations. No notification. Removal after 3 days of no activity.

Not sure if that is clearer or not, and I still want to see a notification the 2nd time. (Once may happen and be completely unavoidable for an otherwise consistently active GM)
Should also add the procedure for a prolonged absence at the end and make this all one thing related to activity.

-------

Edit: Duster. This isn't going to have an impact on anyone with previous inactivity regardless of what we do. Putting this in place now just gives us the option for the future.
There should be a shorter leash for some people, but everyone has to start from an equal point. Ideally, this will be enough of a deterrent to get otherwise decent GM's to become more active, which solves the problem without the need of replacing anyone.
Aug. 24, 2017 at 6:15 p.m.
Good point
Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:33 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Are we good with Philly's post and/or my slight modifications?
(Maybe Philly can put it all into one proposal and we can hold a vote, if nobody has any further feedback.)

Also, I know Philly and Duster have been giving notification to absent GM's. Who's on the bubble, and what's the timeline for them?
Looks like JT just passed his 48 hour notification period, so Ottawa needs a replacement as of now. Who's in line for the position?
Aug. 25, 2017 at 12:48 p.m.
JT_Miller is officially delinquent, however we don't have a GM to replace him at the moment. I am willing to let him stay until we get someone to fill his role; meaning if he comes back, he can keep his job, so long as one of the AGMs don't already have it.

I'll make the post with the rule modifications in the news thread. A
Also want to make a v2 team claiming thread w/ important dates ASAP
Aug. 25, 2017 at 1:02 p.m.
He is now done. We replace based on seniority in agm list. If nobody else is ready...Jdp will step in.
We need to stop enabling the inactivity .
Aug. 25, 2017 at 1:11 p.m.
He is now done. We replace based on seniority in agm list. If nobody else is ready...Jdp will step in.

We cannot simply jump the line of seniority; Jdp isn't next in line.
I don't want to officially remove anyone without having a confirmed replacement.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 1:12 p.m.

I don't want to officially remove anyone without having a confirmed replacement.

My point was....we have replacements...there is no need to allow someone to circumvent the rule in place.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 1:36 p.m.

My point was....we have replacements...there is no need to allow someone to circumvent the rule in place.

I know we have replacements, but were is palhal?
Aug. 25, 2017 at 1:37 p.m.

Did we ever determine if he had twitter?
Aug. 25, 2017 at 1:38 p.m.

Did we ever determine if he had twitter?

Not sure; DTP is his boss, does he have a twitter?
Aug. 25, 2017 at 4:55 p.m.
Banned
Dallas has hired Peterman as AGM
Peterman liked this.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 4:57 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Dallas has hired Peterman as AGM

Recorded in the seniority list.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 4:58 p.m.
Ottawa currently has no GM, as JT_Miller has been demoted to AGM of Ottawa. Here the following AGMs next in line (Max already declined)
palhal
We_Want_The_Cup
Slimysnake
L9
Jdp
Jack_Eichel
Peterman
Aug. 25, 2017 at 6:36 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Can someone refresh my memory? Did L9 and Jdp both leave on good terms?
I'm only concerned about people who have deleted or screwed up their teams purposefully on the way out.
I "think" L9 was just a vacation that was way too long. Can't recall why Jdp left at all.
Aug. 25, 2017 at 6:43 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: ricochetii
I'm only concerned about people who have deleted or screwed up their teams purposefully on the way out.
I "think" L9 was just a vacation that was way too long. Can't recall why Jdp left at all.

L9 went on vacation but stayed away about 10 days longer than expected. That was why I was allowed to move the players that he protected and he lost his ability to come back as my AGM automatically. He left on good terms though.
ricochetii liked this.
Aug. 26, 2017 at 12:54 a.m.

JDP did the honorable thing. He was burnt out on the game, wasn't on as much, decided to step down so someone who would give the game more attention could take over.
Aug. 26, 2017 at 1:45 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Turner33

JDP did the honorable thing. He was burnt out on the game, wasn't on as much, decided to step down so someone who would give the game more attention could take over.

Thank you. I was hoping it was something reasonable.
I'm still working on the BOG thing, but I also want to update the GM expectations.
I want to make deleting or tampering your team during removal grounds for permanent, never coming back, ever ever ever banishment.
Since we've been looking at inactive removals and people don't like to take responsibility for when they screw up, I'm hoping it would deter people from making things difficult when replacing them.
We can't always rely on Banks being able to recover a team.

It should also become standard procedure when notifying someone of possible removal or of an infraction or some other event, that someone copies the team prior to giving the notification.
All you have to do is highlight from the top of their description to the bottom of their roster, copy/paste into notepad, and save. It's good enough to reconstruct the team from, and takes seconds.
Aug. 26, 2017 at 1:54 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Ignore this for now, just moving it over from the other thread for convenience. Hoping to have everything pending that I've been working on done over the weekend.

-------------------

Board Of General Managers (BOG)

The BOG is an elected seven member representative group who are willing and able to dedicate the time and effort necessary to ensure the smooth operation of the game and remove some of the onus for those who have less time to dedicate to the league. The BOG will be responsible for the majority of the decision making and implementation required to manage the various league elements.

GM Representation: As a member of the BOG, your primary responsibility is to act as a voice for all other GM's.
This will primarily occur through voting, as it is impractical and time consuming to require all 31 GM's to vote on every given issue. You are entitled to your individual opinions, but your final decisions are expected to reflect the opinion of those you represent.
You are expected to listen to other GM's, ensure their concerns are being addressed, make sure they receive any information they require, and provide them with assistance where necessary.

League Representation: As a member of the BOG, you are responsible for representing the interests of the league.
Working as a group, including feedback from other GM's, this will primarily be accomplished by establishing rules and procedures, and then enforcing those rules and procedures.
Provide clear expectations and outline consequences for failing to meet those expectations. This gives fair opportunity for GM's to control their own fate by fulfilling their responsibilities to the league. When a GM does fail to meet expectations, it is your duty to enact the consequences as outlined.
When a GM meets expectations, the BOG's primary responsibility is to the GM.
When a GM fails to meet expectations, the rules take precedence, but the BOG still represents the GM to the best of their ability in line with those rules and expectations.
If the rules fail to adequately apply, the BOG is expected to represent the GM until the rules are corrected.

Communication: The main tool of the BOG is effective communication.
By hosting discussion and considering feedback, the BOG will be able to determine the needs of the league and develop plans while taking the opinions of league members into account.
By posting decisions, rules, procedures, and expectations, the GM's will be able to determine the needs of the league and what their responsibilities entail.
By having the opportunity to be involved in the discussion and contribute feedback on various topics, GM's will have had their say in matters which impact them.

Voting: Whenever possible, the BOG will resolve an issue requiring a vote.
The majority of issues will require four BOG members on one side in order to make a decision.
If there are at least two BOG members opposed to a motion, with a minimum of five votes cast, the minority members may request a public poll to reach a majority decision. (Note: This does not apply to applications of the infraction/zero tolerance policies, or to the application of penalties/repercussions outlined in the rules for failing to meet expectations.)
A public vote will be open to all 31 GM's (including BOG members) for 48 hours, with the resulting majority being the decision. A motion that is defeated can be opened back up for discussion and reconsidered with further feedback and amendments made.
In all other instances a majority vote will be considered a passing motion.

Quoting: In progress
6. Activity: As a BOG member, you are expected to maintain a visible profile, engage in discussion, help with the implementation of procedures, debate and vote on issues, monitor for issues, and bring any important matters to attention. Simply managing your team and voting when required are not enough and/or engaging in activities outside of the forum, do not provide the necessary presence or confidence that you are indeed carrying out your duties to the satisfaction of the GM's you represent. BOG members may be assigned active roles within the group to have members specialized in certain areas, if their level of activity and profile are maintained and other BOG members are willing to shoulder certain responsibilities, but that does not excuse BOG members from active participation in issues, or their responsibilities to the GM's they represent.

7. Removal: Sometimes a BOG member will step down or need to be removed/replaced for a number of reasons. Negligence or inactivity primarily, but failing to live up to the expectations of the GM's you represent is just as important.
a) If a BOG member needs to step down, that is not an issue. It is a voluntary position and it isn't for everyone, or circumstances can change and make it unavoidable.
b) If a BOG member has been negligent, not active enough, or otherwise not fulfilling their duties, it is the prerogative and expectation that the remaining BOG acknowledge the issue and make efforts to correct it. Whether it be a warning or vote for removal, it is a BOG member's duty to make sure the BOG is fully operational and functioning as intended. This should always be picked up on and corrected by the BOG before it becomes a larger issue.
c) If a BOG member falls under b) and the BOG does not take the initiative to deal with the issue, or a BOG member is not meeting expectations according to the majority of GM's that they represent, they may be asked to step down. A nomination for removal, accompanied by at least 6 other GM's (7 GM's in total) should be sufficient to request a BOG member admit they have not been performing their role and voluntarily step down so a better suited member can be voted in.
If a BOG member does not wish to step down voluntarily at that point, the remaining BOG members must hold a vote for removal.
After the BOG vote for removal, if those GM's are still not satisfied, they may request a public vote with another 3 supporting GM's (10 GM's in total, with the number of BOG in favor of removal counting towards that total).

This should always be considered a last resort. The individual member or other BOG members should recognize and admit to there being an issue before it ever gets this far.

8. BOG Elections: When an election is held for the BOG, it will always be a new public vote conducted by the BOG. Past voting results are not a factor, neither is seniority. Those who wish to volunteer for consideration may do so. The BOG will give at least 48 hours before conducting a vote, and another 48 hours to allow GM's to place their votes. Activity, maturity, knowledge, communication, and reputation should all be considered by voters. BOG members have a number of responsibilities and expectations to fulfill and you will want someone in place who is able to carry out the role effectively so your job as a GM is made simpler and easier.
Aug. 26, 2017 at 9:25 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Edited Aug. 26, 2017 at 9:31 p.m.
Please review this and provide any feedback ...

Board Of General Managers (BOG)

The BOG is an elected seven member representative group who are willing and able to dedicate the time and effort necessary to ensure the smooth operation of the game and remove some of the onus for those who have less time to dedicate to the league. The BOG will be responsible for the majority of the decision making and implementation required to manage the various league elements.

GM Representation: As a member of the BOG, your primary responsibility is to act as a voice for all other GM's.
This will primarily occur through voting, as it is impractical and time consuming to require all 31 GM's to vote on every given issue. You are entitled to your individual opinions, but your final decisions are expected to reflect the opinion of those you represent.
You are expected to listen to other GM's, ensure their concerns are being addressed, make sure they receive any information they require, and provide them with assistance where necessary.

League Representation: As a member of the BOG, you are responsible for representing the interests of the league.
Working as a group, including feedback from other GM's, this will primarily be accomplished by establishing rules and procedures, and then enforcing those rules and procedures.
Provide clear expectations and outline consequences for failing to meet those expectations. This gives fair opportunity for GM's to control their own fate by fulfilling their responsibilities to the league. When a GM does fail to meet expectations, it is your duty to enact the consequences as outlined.
When a GM meets expectations, the BOG's primary responsibility is to the GM.
When a GM fails to meet expectations, the rules take precedence, but the BOG still represents the GM to the best of their ability in line with those rules and expectations.
If the rules fail to adequately apply, the BOG is expected to represent the GM until the rules are corrected.

Communication: The main tool of the BOG is effective communication.
By hosting discussion and considering feedback, the BOG will be able to determine the needs of the league and develop plans while taking the opinions of league members into account.
By posting decisions, rules, procedures, and expectations, the GM's will be able to determine the needs of the league and what their responsibilities entail.
By having the opportunity to be involved in the discussion and contribute feedback on various topics, GM's will have had their say in matters which impact them.

Voting: Whenever possible, the BOG will resolve an issue requiring a vote.
The majority of issues will require four BOG members on one side in order to make a decision.
If there are at least two BOG members opposed to a motion, with a minimum of five votes cast, the minority members may request a public poll to reach a majority decision. (Note: This does not apply to applications of the infraction/zero tolerance policies, or to the application of penalties/repercussions outlined in the rules for failing to meet expectations.)
A public vote will be open to all 31 GM's (including BOG members) for 48 hours, with the resulting majority being the decision. A motion that is defeated can be opened back up for discussion and reconsidered with further feedback and amendments made.
In all other instances a majority vote will be considered a passing motion.

Activity and Expectations: As a BOG member, you are expected to maintain a visible profile, engage in discussion, help with the implementation of procedures, debate and vote on issues, monitor for issues, and bring any important matters to attention. Simply managing your team and voting when required are not enough and/or engaging in activities outside of the forum, do not provide the necessary presence or confidence that you are indeed carrying out your duties to the satisfaction of the GM's you represent.
BOG members may be assigned active roles within the group to have members specialized in certain areas, if their level of activity and profile are maintained and other BOG members are willing to shoulder certain responsibilities, but that does not excuse BOG members from active participation in issues, or their responsibilities to the GM's they represent.

Removal: Sometimes a BOG member will step down or need to be removed/replaced for a number of reasons. Negligence or inactivity primarily, but failing to live up to the expectations of the GM's you represent is just as important.
a) If a BOG member needs to step down, that is not an issue. It is a voluntary position and it isn't for everyone, or circumstances can change and make it unavoidable.
b) If a BOG member has been negligent, not active enough, or otherwise not fulfilling their duties, it is the prerogative and expectation that the remaining BOG acknowledge the issue and make efforts to correct it. Whether it be a warning or vote for removal, it is a BOG member's duty to make sure the BOG is fully operational and functioning as intended. This should always be picked up on and corrected by the BOG before it becomes a larger issue.
c) If a BOG member falls under b) and the BOG does not take the initiative to deal with the issue, or a BOG member is not meeting expectations according to the majority of GM's that they represent, they may be asked to step down. A nomination for removal, accompanied by at least 6 other GM's (7 GM's in total) should be sufficient to request a BOG member admit they have not been performing their role and voluntarily step down so a better suited member can be voted in.
If a BOG member does not wish to step down voluntarily at that point, the remaining BOG members must hold a vote for removal.
After the BOG vote for removal, if those GM's are still not satisfied, they may request a public vote with another 3 supporting GM's (10 GM's in total, with the number of BOG in favor of removal counting towards that total).

This should always be considered a last resort. The individual member or other BOG members should recognize and admit to there being an issue before it ever gets this far.

BOG Elections: When an election is held for the BOG, it will always be a new public vote conducted by the BOG. Past voting results are not a factor, neither is seniority. Those who wish to volunteer for consideration may do so. The BOG will give at least 48 hours before conducting a vote, and another 48 hours to allow GM's to place their votes. Activity, maturity, knowledge, communication, and reputation should all be considered by voters. BOG members have a number of responsibilities and expectations to fulfill and you will want someone in place who is able to carry out the role effectively so your job as a GM is made simpler and easier.
Aug. 27, 2017 at 12:05 p.m.
May contain nuts
Guys, where do we stand on the FA rules? I hope that we're not limited to one-year contracts, as there are several guys on the unsigned list that I would totally sign to two-year contracts. There are even guys that I would give over 900k to.
Aug. 27, 2017 at 12:19 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Icegirl
Guys, where do we stand on the FA rules? I hope that we're not limited to one-year contracts, as there are several guys on the unsigned list that I would totally sign to two-year contracts. There are even guys that I would give over 900k to.

Should be up by later tonight for final approval. Non-ELC's will be limited to 1 year. ELC's will follow standard contract rules based on age, and can be found in the Capfriendly CBA section.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll