SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Official BOG Discussion Only Thread

Aug. 16, 2017 at 5:55 p.m.
Stickied
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Edited Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:34 p.m.
This thread is for discussion and voting between BOG members only.

We ask that other GMs do not post anything in this thread so that the BOG can keep things organized and other GMs can easily see what the BOG is currently up to.

If you have any questions of complaints that you want to submit to the BOG, please use the Board Of General Managers Official Thread.

BOG Members:
ricochetii
phillyjabroni
Turner33
Bo53Horvat
TonyStrecher
DarylthePony
Duster

BOG Agenda:

- Set up a plan for College FAs and Second Wave NHL FA
- Work on recruiting active AGMs
- Discuss GM Game Awards

Current BOG Votes:
Aug. 27, 2017 at 12:22 p.m.
get ur corsi up
So I here we are doing the v2 team picking from the 28th to the 30th. Is this correct?
Aug. 27, 2017 at 1:03 p.m.
Quoting: DarylthePony
So I here we are doing the v2 team picking from the 28th to the 30th. Is this correct?

Ideally. Thread will be up around 4:30pm today (EST)
Aug. 27, 2017 at 1:04 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: phillyjabroni

Ideally. Thread will be up around 4:30pm today (EST)

I might be unavailable. Check twitter.
Aug. 27, 2017 at 4:44 p.m.
Recap

Key Dates for v2 (slightly modified)
Monday-Thursday, August 28th-31st (All Day) - Team claiming in v2*
Tuesday, August 29th (until 9:00pm EST) - Last day to announce candidacy for BOE position in v2
Wednesday, August 30th (All Day) - BOE elections via offline (Twitter/Email)

Needing approval on Rico's Draft on BOG/GM Activity/etc (2-0) [Rico and phillyjabroni]
Set up non-NHL FA period

*thread to be opened shortly for those who elect to list preference lists via CapFriendly (Twitter is the offline way to notify)

edit : palhal is next in line for Ottawa (notification still waiting?) ; We_Want_The_Cup is next in line for Toronto (notification sent)
Aug. 27, 2017 at 5:05 p.m.
Banned
Again I would like to ask why we are waiting on Palhal when he has never been active as an AGM?
Aug. 27, 2017 at 5:22 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Again I would like to ask why we are waiting on Palhal when he has never been active as an AGM?

palhal is next in line. for example, NateElder wasn't active on CapFriendly, but we conducted most of our business offline. Simply because they are not active on CapFriendly, specifically the GM Game, doesn't mean that they are not active behind the scenes.

please utilize the proper thread next time; the BOG will give equal interest in that thread as they do the BOG-only thread. thanks

edit : for example
Aug. 27, 2017 at 5:32 p.m.
3-0 for BOG/GM activity draft
Aug. 27, 2017 at 11:33 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I intended to have wave 2 posted tonight, but ended up with a wicked headache earlier so had to avoid the computer for a while.
I'll try to get it up for tomorrow.
Aug. 28, 2017 at 1:26 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Free Agency (Second Wave)
----------------------------------------------
This is a different process from wave one due to various complexities and to cut down the time and effort required to process.
We've eliminated bidding, ties, and individual waiver claims from the process to make it more efficient.

1. Participating GM's will submit a list using their Team Sheet. This list may include up to 10 players from among:
- Remaining unsigned free agents from UFA Bidding (LINK TO LIST)
- Unsigned players from other leagues whose rights are unowned in the GM game (College, European, Semi-Pro leagues)
- Undrafted players prior to the 16/17 entry draft (players who were first eligible and undrafted in the GM game this year may not be listed)
This list will follow the format provided on the team sheet. (Do your best to avoid spelling errors please)

2. GM's will be able to sign up to 5 players from among those on their submitted list. Signings will be determined in order of waiver priority in a draft format.
Only the players you are listed for will be available to be signed when it is your turn. If you submit the top 10 players available and you don't pick until 30th, you probably aren't going to get anyone, so try to submit players that will be in your range.

3. The draft list will not be public until the deadline for list submissions has passed.
Once the draft list is made public, teams will proceed in order to select their desired player(s) from among those they have access to.
This information will be available on the list.

4. Contracts
Players entering an ELC would be signed to a $925k contract with term dependent on their current age, as per NHL rules.
Players who qualify as free agents (no-ELC) may be signed to a 1 year term only, with salary dependent on the round they are selected in.
Round 1: $900k
Round 2: $800k
Round 3: $700k
Other: $650k

5. Waiver order
Once a participating team has successfully signed a player, they will be moved back in the waiver order.
Waiver order will only be affected according to what happens in this wave of free agency and not applied individually to each selection.
[A] Teams that do not successfully sign a player will retain position in the waiver order
[B.] Teams that are only successful in signings uncontested player(s), will retain their position in the waiver order behind the teams in group [A]
[C] Teams that are successful in signing ANY contested player, will retain their position in the waiver order behind the teams in group [B.]

Example:
Beginning waiver order : free agency result : ending waiver group

Colorado : Signs two uncontested players : [B.]
Dallas : Signs no players : [A]
Tampa : Signs one contested player : [C]
Edmonton : Signs one contested and one uncontested player : [C]
Pittsburgh : Signs no players : [A]

Final waiver order after free agency
[A] Dallas
[A] Pittsburgh
[B.] Colorado
[C] Tampa
[C] Edmonton

------------------------------------

The procedure for making your selections will be outlined prior to lists being required for submission. (WIP)
Begin researching/preparing your lists and have a fake e/gmail account prepared in order to make your submissions anonymously.
An option for public submissions will also be provided at a later date (do not submit lists yet).
Dates and deadlines will be announced once I complete preparations.

BOG: Did I cover everything and we're good to proceed with this?
Aug. 28, 2017 at 1:37 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Free Agency (Second Wave)
----------------------------------------------
This is a different process from wave one due to various complexities and to cut down the time and effort required to process.
We've eliminated bidding, ties, and individual waiver claims from the process to make it more efficient.

1. Participating GM's will submit a list using their Team Sheet. This list may include up to 10 players from among:
- Remaining unsigned free agents from UFA Bidding (LINK TO LIST)
- Unsigned players from other leagues whose rights are unowned in the GM game (College, European, Semi-Pro leagues)
- Undrafted players prior to the 16/17 entry draft (players who were first eligible and undrafted in the GM game this year may not be listed)
This list will follow the format provided on the team sheet. (Do your best to avoid spelling errors please)

2. GM's will be able to sign up to 5 players from among those on their submitted list. Signings will be determined in order of waiver priority in a draft format.
Only the players you are listed for will be available to be signed when it is your turn. If you submit the top 10 players available and you don't pick until 30th, you probably aren't going to get anyone, so try to submit players that will be in your range.

3. The draft list will not be public until the deadline for list submissions has passed.
Once the draft list is made public, teams will proceed in order to select their desired player(s) from among those they have access to.
This information will be available on the list.

4. Contracts
Players entering an ELC would be signed to a $925k contract with term dependent on their current age, as per NHL rules.
Players who qualify as free agents (no-ELC) may be signed to a 1 year term only, with salary dependent on the round they are selected in.
Round 1: $900k
Round 2: $800k
Round 3: $700k
Other: $650k

5. Waiver order
Once a participating team has successfully signed a player, they will be moved back in the waiver order.
Waiver order will only be affected according to what happens in this wave of free agency and not applied individually to each selection.
[A] Teams that do not successfully sign a player will retain position in the waiver order
[B.] Teams that are only successful in signings uncontested player(s), will retain their position in the waiver order behind the teams in group [A]
[C] Teams that are successful in signing ANY contested player, will retain their position in the waiver order behind the teams in group [B.]

Example:
Beginning waiver order : free agency result : ending waiver group

Colorado : Signs two uncontested players : [B.]
Dallas : Signs no players : [A]
Tampa : Signs one contested player : [C]
Edmonton : Signs one contested and one uncontested player : [C]
Pittsburgh : Signs no players : [A]

Final waiver order after free agency
[A] Dallas
[A] Pittsburgh
[B.] Colorado
[C] Tampa
[C] Edmonton

The procedure for making your selections will be outlined prior to lists being required for submission. (WIP)
Begin researching/preparing your lists and have a fake e/gmail account prepared in order to make your submissions anonymously.
An option for public submissions will also be provided at a later date (do not submit lists yet).
Dates and deadlines will be announced once I complete preparations.

BOG: Did I cover everything and we're good to proceed with this?

Looks good
Aug. 28, 2017 at 1:38 p.m.
3-0 FA w2 Plan (ricohetti, phillyjabroni, Duster)
Aug. 28, 2017 at 2:26 p.m.
4-0 with FA second wave (ricochetti, phillyjabroni, Duster, Bo53Horvat)
Aug. 28, 2017 at 5:52 p.m.
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
4-0 with FA second wave (ricochetti, phillyjabroni, Duster, Bo53Horvat)

Passed
Aug. 28, 2017 at 5:54 p.m.
I vote that we move down the agm seniority list to fill vacancies. It has been long enough. There is no point giving the team to someone who isnt active enough to realize they are being given a team...
1-0
DirtyDangles liked this.
Aug. 28, 2017 at 6:02 p.m.
3-0

We_Want_The_Cup has expressed interest in joining. I haven't provided full details to him due to palahl not being considered any more.

I would like to note that palhal is moved down the list passed those who fufil OTT and TOR and will still have seniority over whomever is left
Aug. 28, 2017 at 6:55 p.m.
3-0

We_Want_The_Cup has expressed interest in joining. I haven't provided full details to him due to palahl not being considered any more.

I would like to note that palhal is moved down the list passed those who fufil OTT and TOR and will still have seniority over whomever is left

I think you mean 2-0, but I make it 3-0. There has to be a point where we say screw it and give it to someone down the list who's actually willing to be involved with the game.
Duster liked this.
Aug. 28, 2017 at 8:06 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
3-0

I think you mean 2-0, but I make it 3-0. There has to be a point where we say screw it and give it to someone down the list who's actually willing to be involved with the game.

4-0
Aug. 28, 2017 at 8:15 p.m.
We_Want_The_Cup will be contacted momentarily with role proposal (Ottawa)

Slimysnake is next for Toronto
Duster liked this.
Aug. 28, 2017 at 9:06 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Apologies. Headache yesterday was apparently a precursor to a bug. Little under the weather right now.
Hopefully I'll be in better shape tomorrow and able to complete the wave 2 stuff. smile
Aug. 28, 2017 at 9:23 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Apologies. Headache yesterday was apparently a precursor to a bug. Little under the weather right now.
Hopefully I'll be in better shape tomorrow and able to complete the wave 2 stuff. smile

No problem Rico get well soon.
Duster liked this.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:37 a.m.
We_Want_The_Cup will take over as GM of Ottawa

Here the the AGMs next in line for TOR
Slimysnake
L9
Jdp
Jack_Eichel
Peterman
Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:39 a.m.
We_Want_The_Cup will take over as GM of Ottawa

Here the the AGMs next in line for TOR
Slimysnake
L9
Jdp
Jack_Eichel
Peterman

Slimey has said he will take it
Aug. 29, 2017 at 11:03 a.m.
Are we willing to wait for snake to be active on September 4th?
Aug. 29, 2017 at 11:13 a.m.
get ur corsi up

To be honest, that's not to far away. I think we should wait.
ricochetii liked this.
Aug. 29, 2017 at 11:18 a.m.
Out

To be honest, that's not to far away. I think we should wait.

My birthday is Friday. TOR would be a terrific birthday present. Plus a 7th rounder.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll