2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:20 p.m.
Knight Knight
Delete
Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:23 p.m.
Quoting: MarcBergyCH
IF THE PANTHERS ARE OPEN TO A NEW GM IMMA TAKE IT 100%

well sadly, you are the islanders GM... so you can't just flip teams like that
MarcBergyCH, Max, LicMysak and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:29 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Can I get Jagr 1 year for 1 million? You said it would be sorted out last night and it hasn't, and this is the contract he got IRL
Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:55 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: krakowitz
Can I get Jagr 1 year for 1 million? You said it would be sorted out last night and it hasn't, and this is the contract he got IRL

I don't care, just letting you know it's $1M base with a potential $1M in bonuses. You can see it on his capfriendly page if interested, but the bonus specifics aren't known.
Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:57 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
I was looking on the waiver claims thread and was wondering did AK_tune claim Jagr? Does that mean I can play him?
Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:58 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni

Agreed. It's not right that they can just not follow the rules and have no consequences.

Punishments are still being thought about.

We also have to determine if it is necessary to punish those who are simply inactive. If they aren't ever coming back, no punishment will be handed out.

I do know I was one of those that didn't have waivers done. This has been rectified on my end.
Oct. 18, 2017 at 8:00 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Missouri
I was looking on the waiver claims thread and was wondering did AK_tune claim Jagr? Does that mean I can play him?

He did not, I got him first.
Oct. 18, 2017 at 8:20 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM

Ok I did'nt know that
Oct. 18, 2017 at 8:29 p.m.
Quoting: jmac490
Quoting: MarcBergyCH
IF THE PANTHERS ARE OPEN TO A NEW GM IMMA TAKE IT 100%

well sadly, you are the islanders GM... so you can't just flip teams like that

WTF? I'm the Panthers GM. Go back to your crap team
krakowitz and Mr_cap liked this.
Oct. 18, 2017 at 8:30 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Missouri

Ok I did'nt know that

No worries
Oct. 18, 2017 at 8:31 p.m.
Random question, once a player goes on waivers, how long do you have to claim them? 24 or 48 hours.
Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:05 p.m.
Quoting: wmjoncar
Random question, once a player goes on waivers, how long do you have to claim them? 24 or 48 hours.

Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:06 p.m.

yeah, thats fine. we just didn't ever get around to posting on your page
Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:13 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

yeah, thats fine. we just didn't ever get around to posting on your page

Cool, thanks
phillyjabroni liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:15 a.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
What's the ruling on Washington's players on waivers. He hasn't actually placed anyone on waivers, but he has players in the AHL that are waiver eligible. I noticed at least one GM attempting to claim them. If they are open to be claimed, this should be made clear to all GMs before the 48 hour period begins.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:51 a.m.
Quoting: TonyStrecher
What's the ruling on Washington's players on waivers. He hasn't actually placed anyone on waivers, but he has players in the AHL that are waiver eligible. I noticed at least one GM attempting to claim them. If they are open to be claimed, this should be made clear to all GMs before the 48 hour period begins.

Again, as I've repeated many times, this needs to be dealt with already! Is it so hard, for someone to go down to the Washington thread, inform him that he hasn't even bothered to participate in waivers which isn't cool, and here's a list of guys who'd need waivers if you want to send them down to the AHL, make your decision now, post in waiver placements thread, punishment deal with later. Boom. Done. Do the same with all the other teams who haven't yet participated, and then every team is roster compliant again. Is it really that difficult?

I don't see why this is being delayed so much.
Mr_cap liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:04 a.m.
The BOE has also been delaying the inactivity looming in Calgary, the need for a 3rd BOE member, among items.

It's been 2 weeks now since Thornton was last on? I understand phillyjabroni says that he was active every 5 days in v1 constantly, but we're past 5 days now. Calgary needs a new GM. First, where will the GM come from. Would the BOE consider giving Taboo another chance given he's next in line on the seniority list? Or perhaps plNHL who seems to want a job again? If those two are ruled as not ideal (read between the lines there), where does the new GM come from? Jacketsman? Edmonton AGM? Doctor Breakfast? At this point, even if you wanted to kick Thornton out, his replacement isn't ready, which is why the BOE needs to deal with that now.

As for Thornton, I have nothing against him. But 2 weeks of inactivity, where's the line being drawn? How much longer is the BOE wanting to stretch this? Don't you have to at some point say, it's for the betterment to keep things running smoothly by adding the new GM already? Honestly if it was up to me, he woulda be gone by a week ago. But things don't go well when I'm in charge, as we've learnt in the past cry laugh

As for the 3rd BOE member, do the current members have anyone in mind? Without the 3rd, it'll be impossible for the BOE to decide on stuff through voting and it'd become problematic. I'd think it's better to have a current GM, if they wish, forfeit their team and join the BOE, as only one of us would have league knowledge, understand the rules already, and be able to make simple connections between stuff that an outsider wouldn't. Perhaps the BOE should pop this question by 5-10 GMs who they'd trust to do this? Heads up, there's zero chance I'm considering joining the crap show before anyone asks laugh
Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:40 a.m.
NBABound
Quoting: DavidBooth7
The BOE has also been delaying the inactivity looming in Calgary, the need for a 3rd BOE member, among items.

It's been 2 weeks now since Thornton was last on? I understand phillyjabroni says that he was active every 5 days in v1 constantly, but we're past 5 days now. Calgary needs a new GM. First, where will the GM come from. Would the BOE consider giving Taboo another chance given he's next in line on the seniority list? Or perhaps plNHL who seems to want a job again? If those two are ruled as not ideal (read between the lines there), where does the new GM come from? Jacketsman? Edmonton AGM? Doctor Breakfast? At this point, even if you wanted to kick Thornton out, his replacement isn't ready, which is why the BOE needs to deal with that now.

As for Thornton, I have nothing against him. But 2 weeks of inactivity, where's the line being drawn? How much longer is the BOE wanting to stretch this? Don't you have to at some point say, it's for the betterment to keep things running smoothly by adding the new GM already? Honestly if it was up to me, he woulda be gone by a week ago. But things don't go well when I'm in charge, as we've learnt in the past cry laugh

As for the 3rd BOE member, do the current members have anyone in mind? Without the 3rd, it'll be impossible for the BOE to decide on stuff through voting and it'd become problematic. I'd think it's better to have a current GM, if they wish, forfeit their team and join the BOE, as only one of us would have league knowledge, understand the rules already, and be able to make simple connections between stuff that an outsider wouldn't. Perhaps the BOE should pop this question by 5-10 GMs who they'd trust to do this? Heads up, there's zero chance I'm considering joining the crap show before anyone asks laugh

Who'd ask?
Jdp and krakowitz liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:11 a.m.
Habs fan French

I be interested
Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:55 a.m.

First off, we don't have GMs to replace them right now. Nobody there is the equivalent to what's already going on. Thornton_MVP is essentially out, and we can start looking for a CGY GM.

Bo and I haven't run into any issues in terms of agreement or disagreement.

pl, you said you don't have time to be a GM, I doubt you have time to be a BOE.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:57 a.m.
Bo and I have finished working out the punishment in terms of those GMs who failed to complete Waivers. We just haven't gotten around to posting it on their page.

This week I was slammed at school. Test today, two essays + other stuff.
Jdp liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:03 a.m.
NBABound
Bo and I have finished working out the punishment in terms of those GMs who failed to complete Waivers. We just haven't gotten around to posting it on their page.

This week I was slammed at school. Test today, two essays + other stuff.

#TrustTheProcess
Jdp, krakowitz and phillyjabroni liked this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
Edited Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:45 p.m.

I 100 percent agree with this.
Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:39 a.m.
Knight Knight
I would love to become CGY's GM, rebuild this team that hasn't been touched and really prove who I am as a GM..
Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:40 a.m.
You are already the GM of NYI, so you can't jump ships

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll