SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Where does Florida finish in the overall standings this year?

Where does Florida finish in the overall standings this year?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:50 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Lmao Washington isn't winning the Cup this year

Edit: I had no idea the Ducks were in the ECF

Washington has less expected from them, that should really help them.
About Anaheim, lol, you know what i mean. squinty smile
Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: ON3M4N

1) Chara is not too old, he's just not the player he used to be ...
2) Krug is not too small, i'm the one saying how size isn't important.
3) I never said McAvoy is a bust. When did i say that?
4) Carlo is a little overrated, yes. Only by Bruins fans though.

Ok great now tell me how our defense isn't good enough when we were ranked 9th in GA/GP and we lost no major piece, only added.....and go!

Krug is a 2nd pairing d-man, so is Carlo, both are overrated by Bruins fans, McAvoy is good but you still never know with prospects, and Characters is no longer a top pairing d-man. They have some good defensemen but no top pairing defensemen.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:54 p.m.
Below Market Value

Ok great now tell me how our defense isn't good enough when we were ranked 9th in GA/GP and we lost no major piece, only added.....and go!

Krug is a 2nd pairing d-man, so is Carlo, both are overrated by Bruins fans, McAvoy is good but you still never know with prospects, and Characters is no longer a top pairing d-man. They have some good defensemen but no top pairing defensemen.

Neither do the Islanders and you still think they'll make the playoffs, even when Boston has the better goaltender and the better top six.
Pasta88Sauce and phillyjabroni liked this.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 2:54 p.m.
Below Market Value
RAIF, I don't understand your reasoning for St. Louis, Chicago, or San Jose.

Regarding St. Louis, you say they've gotten a year older...hasn't every team? Shouldn't their core players get better as they age a year? Tarasenko, Schwartz, Pietrangelo, Parayko, Allen, etc. You say that Philly got worse because they lost Brayden Schenn. Okay, St. Louis got Schenn while losing the anchor that is Jori Lehtera. How does this not make them better...? They also got rid of Ryan Reaves and will have Vladimir Sobotka for a full year.

Regarding Chicago, how can a team finish first in their extremely competitive division and 4th overall in the league, and STILL not be considered a Cup contender? I understand that the playoffs are a different beast, but come on, seriously? Washington has been top-of-their-division good for a long time, but has yet to prove anything in the playoffs and you think they can win the Cup, but Chicago can't?

Regarding San Jose, how can an aging team get older and still be good, but St. Louis gets a year older and they all of a sudden fall out of the playoffs? The "hard work" argument has no basis whatsoever, just like the Anaheim "doesn't work together" argument has no basis. Please try harder.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 3:03 p.m.

Is Chara one of the top 30 d-men in the NHL? Aside from contracts/age and just looking at TOI/Skill is Chara one of the top 30?
Sep. 19, 2017 at 3:37 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

Is Chara one of the top 30 d-men in the NHL? Aside from contracts/age and just looking at TOI/Skill is Chara one of the top 30?

Nope. Time on ice isn't a good representation of how good a player is. A bunch of people hate Rasmus Ristolainen, and he has one of the heaviest workloads in the league.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 3:38 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Regarding St. Louis, you say they've gotten a year older...hasn't every team? Shouldn't their core players get better as they age a year? Tarasenko, Schwartz, Pietrangelo, Parayko, Allen, etc. You say that Philly got worse because they lost Brayden Schenn. Okay, St. Louis got Schenn while losing the anchor that is Jori Lehtera. How does this not make them better...? They also got rid of Ryan Reaves and will have Vladimir Sobotka for a full year.

Regarding Chicago, how can a team finish first in their extremely competitive division and 4th overall in the league, and STILL not be considered a Cup contender? I understand that the playoffs are a different beast, but come on, seriously? Washington has been top-of-their-division good for a long time, but has yet to prove anything in the playoffs and you think they can win the Cup, but Chicago can't?

Regarding San Jose, how can an aging team get older and still be good, but St. Louis gets a year older and they all of a sudden fall out of the playoffs? The "hard work" argument has no basis whatsoever, just like the Anaheim "doesn't work together" argument has no basis. Please try harder.

Also with St. Louis, they'll have Fabbri back.

While I do believe that when the Caps aren't expected to win in the playoffs, they do, but this is a high mark for them. If we somehow get past round 2, we'll be expected to win for sure, and we'll choke
Sep. 19, 2017 at 3:57 p.m.

Nope. Time on ice isn't a good representation of how good a player is. A bunch of people hate Rasmus Ristolainen, and he has one of the heaviest workloads in the league.

So there are at least 30 d-men that you'd take instead of Chara, again not factoring age, contract, development...just looking at what they bring on the ice for a single season.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 4:08 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Jesus H Christ.

*Philadelphia did NOT get worse this offseason

aren't you Philly fans the ones saying how Mason was the biggest loss ever and how he's a top 5 goalie in the league?

Because our goaltending isnt the issue; its the defense.

With Ghost on the rebound, Provorov only getting better, Morin and Hagg are coming up, if not Travis Sanheim and we got rid of the worst 5v5 guy we had in Schenn
Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:26 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

So there are at least 30 d-men that you'd take instead of Chara, again not factoring age, contract, development...just looking at what they bring on the ice for a single season.

Correct. It's my opinion, which obviously differs from yours. Don't get salty, there's no room for it here.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Neither do the Islanders and you still think they'll make the playoffs, even when Boston has the better goaltender and the better top six.

Boston has the better goaltending and forwards, but the Isles' defence is MUCH better ... and you're saying Leddy isn't a top pairing d-man.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Did you think Minnesota was going to be a cup contender this year at the time of the playoffs?
I mean guys like Bouwmeester, Steen, Stastny, etc.
The Sharks have been able to work together as we've seen, and are a very good team with less expected from them, that could give them a presidents' trophy. But, like Anaheim, i'm not sure that their game is gonna work in the playoffs.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:08 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

Boston has the better goaltending and forwards, but the Isles' defence is MUCH better ... and you're saying Leddy isn't a top pairing d-man.

Boston's defense is a lot better than the Islanders'. Krug+Chara+McAvoy+Carlo > Leddy+Pulock+Boychuk+Hickey without question. The only advantage the Islanders' have is JT
Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:10 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

Did you think Minnesota was going to be a cup contender this year at the time of the playoffs?
The Sharks have been able to work together as we've seen, and are a very good team with less expected from them, that could give them a presidents' trophy. But, like Anaheim, i'm not sure that their game is gonna work in the playoffs.

I'm done
Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:12 p.m.

All teams ******* work together thats a shitty point
Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Boston's defense is a lot better than the Islanders'. Krug+Chara+McAvoy+Carlo > Leddy+Pulock+Boychuk+Hickey without question. The only advantage the Islanders' have is JT

You forgot De-Haan and Seidenberg.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:15 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

I listed four for each team. Even if you throw in De Haan and Seidenberg, the Bruins have Millar and McQuaid. The Bruins are better and deeper at every position, period.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:18 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I listed four for each team. Even if you throw in De Haan and Seidenberg, the Bruins have Millar and McQuaid. The Bruins are better and deeper at every position, except for defence..

That's what i'd say. And are you saying that Miller and McQuaid are as good as De-Haan? The Isles have a better #5 with Boychuk as the Bruins do with Miller.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:32 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

I listed four for each team. Even if you throw in De Haan and Seidenberg, the Bruins have Millar and McQuaid. The Bruins are better and deeper at every position, except for defence..

That's what i'd say. And are you saying that Miller and McQuaid are as good as De-Haan? The Isles have a better #5 with Boychuk as the Bruins do with Miller.

Boychuck is a helluva lot better than Hickey. There is no reasonable person that would take the Islanders' defense over Boston's. No reasonable person can find room in the playoffs for the Islanders. That is not a team built for success, period. Boston has a much better playoff shot than the Islanders do. Every single position on the ice, Boston is deeper and overall better in.
LicMysak and TheTown liked this.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 8:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Boychuck is a helluva lot better than Hickey. There is no reasonable person that would take the Islanders' defense over Boston's. No reasonable person can find room in the playoffs for the Islanders. That is not a team built for success, period. Boston has a much better playoff shot than the Islanders do. Every single position on the ice, Boston is deeper and overall better in.

Then how did the Islanders come so close to the playoffs? How have they got worse this offseason? If you don't want to tell me, you don't have to, but if you don't tell me then i'm not gonna change my opinion at all ... the Islanders might miss the playoffs, but you have to say they have a chance.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 8:58 p.m.

Then how did the Islanders come so close to the playoffs? How have they got worse this offseason? If you don't want to tell me, you don't have to, but if you don't tell me then i'm not gonna change my opinion at all ... the Islanders might miss the playoffs, but you have to say they have a chance.

So Islanders are better than Montreal, Boston, Ottawa, Carolina and Buffalo? I dont think so.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 9:49 p.m.
Predictions (Revised)

1 Pittsburgh
2 Anaheim
3 Edmonton
4 Tampa Bay
5 Columbus
6 St. Louis
7 Chicago
8 New York Rangers
9 Washington
10 Toronto
11 Dallas
12 Calgary
13 Nashville
14 Ottawa
15 Carolina
16 Montreal
17 Minnesota
18 Winnipeg
19 Arizona
20 Boston
21 Buffalo
22 San Jose
23 Philadelphia
24 New York Islanders
25 Los Angeles
26 New Jersey
27 Florida
28 Colorado
29 Detroit
30 Vegas
31 Vancouver
Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17

So Islanders are better than Montreal, Boston, Ottawa, Carolina and Buffalo? I dont think so.

but you haven't told me WHY! Those teams might be better, but you haven't told me why. That's my point. I've said why i think the Islanders will be in the playoffs.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:21 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17
Predictions (Revised)

1 Pittsburgh
2 Anaheim
3 Edmonton
4 Tampa Bay
5 Columbus
6 St. Louis
7 Chicago
8 New York Rangers
9 Washington
10 Toronto
11 Dallas
12 Calgary
13 Nashville
14 Ottawa
15 Carolina
16 Montreal
17 Minnesota
18 Winnipeg
19 Arizona
20 Boston
21 Buffalo
22 San Jose
23 Philadelphia
24 New York Islanders
25 Los Angeles
26 New Jersey
27 Florida
28 Colorado
29 Detroit
30 Vegas
31 Vancouver

Um ... ok?
Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:34 p.m.
31 - Vegas
30 - Florida
29 - New Jersey
28 - Vancouver
27 - Colorado
26 - Philadelphia
25 - Detroit
24 - Buffalo
23 - Carolina
22 - Winnipeg
21 - Boston
20 - Minnesota
19 - Los Angeles
18 - Ottawa
17 - St. Louis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16 - Montreal
15 - Calgary
14 - Arizona
13 - NY Islanders
12 - Toronto
11 - NY Rangers
10 - Anaheim
9 - Edmonton
8 - Tampa Bay
7 - Columbus
6 - Dallas
5 - Nashville
4 - Chicago
3 - Washington
2 - Pittsburgh
1 - San Jose

200w.gif
phillyjabroni and Pasta88Sauce liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit