Mar 25, 2016
Posts per Day
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>DirtyDangles</b></div><div>I just don't see COL needing to keep EJ as a 3rd pairing guy. Girard and Zadorov down the left with a 3rd pairing guy seems more than fine. As for VGK, I think with the way UFAs are going now, they should be able to find a solid one when Stastny is done. Moving Eakin and Haula isn't enough savings from the VGK teams I have done. If they are going to lowball Karlsson, he could be open to an offer-sheet as well.</div></div>
Oh, I was thinking EJ, Barrie, Makar down the right so that Makar can get easy matchups early on and take advantage of that. I guess I'm also expecting them to lose Barrie, but even if they don't, you need as many good defensemen as possible to be successful IMO. Having four good ones (the righties plus Girard, I'm not a fan of Zadarov) just makes things easier for everyone.
Regarding Eakin and Haula, they'd be moving out 6.6M by doing that. Karlsson is at 5.25M currently, and scored 0.81 points per game in his Vegas career. If I had to guess, he'll go up to 7M or so; Evolving Wild's model has his projection at 6.682M AAV on a 5 year deal. They could save more money (7.725 instead of 6.6) by moving Eakin and Miller FWIW. There happens to be an Eastern Conference team with cap space and the need for a center and right handed defenseman :)
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>DirtyDangles</b></div><div>Care to elaborate...</div></div>
Couple thoughts from a fellow Flyers fan:
1. Signing Talbot to that deal would be fine. Not great, since he's struggled the past two seasons, but fine for his purpose.
2. Provorov is probably a bit low dollars wise on an 8 year deal. I'd think he'll get 7M+
3. Sanheim and TK bridge deals are good and realistic, though maybe a tad bit high for both.
4. Send AMac to the AHL to save yourself some cap. Could buy him out too, but there's plenty of space without doing that.
5. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Winnipeg trade because I don't think Trouba is as big of an upgrade as most people seem to think. He gives up a lot of shots and scoring changes IIRC, which is kind of the opposite of what Fletcher wants. That's not to say Trouba isn't good, mind you; I just don't think he solves the problem.
6. Kind of doubt Frost makes the team out of camp, though I wouldn't hate it. Sending AMac down should give them like 4-5M in cap space, which could be used on a forward to play with Nolan and JVR.
7. I really, really hope we never have to see a Hagg-Gudas pairing again. It's painful to watch. Maybe just swap Myers and Gudas for the start of the year? I kind of hope they move Hagg, TBH.
I know it seems like I'm picking this apart, but this is one of the better ACGM posts on here and, while not a dream off-season, this seems somewhat realistic IMO.