G
    UFA - 1
    $3,450,000$3,450,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $2,225,000$2,225,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $6,125,000$6,125,000
    LW
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $7,250,000$7,250,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $6,875,000$6,875,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LD
    UFA - 5
    $1,275,000$1,275,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 3
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 2
    $725,000$725,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Aug. 20, 2018 at 10:10 p.m.
    Analytics are good
    McAvoy becoming Doughty? He will be good but come on now.

Same with Donato. You're overrating him if you think he's becoming Trocheck
    Aug. 20, 2018 at 10:15 p.m.
    GoCanada
    Quoting: PenGoater99
    McAvoy becoming Doughty? He will be good but come on now.

Same with Donato. You're overrating him if you think he's becoming Trocheck

McAvoy is a player that will be contending for Norris almost every season when he reaches his prime, the only defencemen that are better for the future are Seth Jones, Ivan Provrov and Zachary Werenski. Although he doesn't have the consistency in the flashes he displays at time, he puts up big minutes you'd expect players like Suter or Weber to take. He has potential to become a doughty with his play although there is always room for things not to reach their full potential. Donato has been compared to Bergeron by many scouts but I look at him more like Trochek as he can be a decent 2nd liner 8-10 years from now
    Aug. 20, 2018 at 10:26 p.m.
    Nice idea for a team. I won't do them all, but the way I see them is more like:
    L. Ericsson - Heinen
    J. Skinner - Donato
    J. Boumeester - Carlo
    D. Backes - Frédéric
    A. Anthansaiou - Senyshen

And yes, Doughty - McAvoy
    Aug. 20, 2018 at 10:54 p.m.
    SaucyNipper66
    Jfk and grzelyk deals are off.
    Aug. 20, 2018 at 11:01 p.m.
    Frederic is a former 1st rounder. His potential is a career 4th line center? Did Nate Thompsen score 20 goals in a season and not tell me or something?
    Aug. 20, 2018 at 11:21 p.m.
    GoCanada
    Quoting: F50marco
    Frederic is a former 1st rounder. His potential is a career 4th line center? Did Nate Thompsen score 20 goals in a season and not tell me or something?

This doesn't relate but, Nail Yakupov is a former 1 OVR pick and his highest potential now would be AHL top 6 scoring winger
    Aug. 20, 2018 at 11:21 p.m.
    BeastMode5515
    Thanks for doing this! I agree with most of them, although I feel Frederic will be WAY better than Thompson and I think you may be underrating JFK, Heinen and Grzelcyk. All in all good work!
    Aug. 20, 2018 at 11:28 p.m.
    GoCanada
    Quoting: BeastMode5515
    Thanks for doing this! I agree with most of them, although I feel Frederic will be WAY better than Thompson and I think you may be underrating JFK, Heinen and Grzelcyk. All in all good work!

I don’t follow the Bruins but did this anyways just to see their prospect pool. In fact, I’m a Nucks fan and there is SEVERE hate still existent in Nucks fan against Boston. Since I love the goal horn, I don’t mind checking them out
    BeastMode5515 and Bcarlo25 liked this.
    Aug. 21, 2018 at 2:09 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: jassan28
    McAvoy is a player that will be contending for Norris almost every season when he reaches his prime, the only defencemen that are better for the future are Seth Jones, Ivan Provrov and Zachary Werenski. Although he doesn't have the consistency in the flashes he displays at time, he puts up big minutes you'd expect players like Suter or Weber to take. He has potential to become a doughty with his play although there is always room for things not to reach their full potential. Donato has been compared to Bergeron by many scouts but I look at him more like Trochek as he can be a decent 2nd liner 8-10 years from now

LOL what
    McAvoy is not the second coming of Orr.
    People way to hyped on their players. Even the players you named on other teams. Werenski, he took a step back last year from what he did as a rookie, if you watched him play a decent amount of games you would know that.. I don't even think he's a top 10 defenseman, let alone Norris material. And Jones is going on 24, I hate to break it to you, but you hit your physical peek in your mid 20s, which means he's at his peek right now and he's still not close to winning a Norris. He's not even top 5. He's been in the league for going on 6 years now. What you see is what you get.
    McAvoy is OK, but he's just that, OK. He's not winning the Norris any time soon, if ever. He's had the luxury of playing next to Chara. Wait till he retires. Probably next year, and see what you get.

Donato is a good young player, he has potential but he has to do something with it first.
    Aug. 21, 2018 at 3:15 a.m.
    GoCanada
    Quoting: pharrow
    LOL what
    People way to hyped on their players. Even the players you named on other teams. Werenski, he took a step back last year from what he did as a rookie, if you watched him play a decent amount of games you would know that.. I don't even think he's a top 10 defenseman, let alone Norris material. And Jones is going on 24, I hate to break it to you, but you hit your physical peek in your mid 20s, which means he's at his peek right now and he's still not close to winning a Norris. He's not even top 5. He's been in the league for going on 6 years now. What you see is what you get.
    McAvoy is OK, but he's just that, OK. He's not winning the Norris any time soon, if ever. He's had the luxury of playing next to Chara. Wait till he retires. Probably next year, and see what you get.

Donato is a good young player, he has potential but he has to do something with it first.

I'm a Nucks fan and I still praise MCAvoy as being one of the best U21 D men in the league, I can also say that if McAvoy played in the CHL like Doughty he would be WAY more hyped. Give it a year or two and you'll see consistency in his play. For example, remember when McAvoy risked the team by entering the center zone like a forward against Tampa in the playoffs, he's not 21 yet but he has the courage to make such plays like Suter, Weber, or Doughty would. It's only a matter of time he displays leadership, skill, and speed on the ice
    Aug. 21, 2018 at 5:07 a.m.
    Banned
    I'm a Nucks fan and I still praise MCAvoy as being one of the best U21 D men in the league, I can also say that if McAvoy played in the CHL like Doughty he would be WAY more hyped. Give it a year or two and you'll see consistency in his play. For example, remember when McAvoy risked the team by entering the center zone like a forward against Tampa in the playoffs, he's not 21 yet but he has the courage to make such plays like Suter, Weber, or Doughty would. It's only a matter of time he displays leadership, skill, and speed on the ice

the, remember that 1 play he must be an all star argument.
    I mean hell I once made a hook shot from half court in a basketball game....I'm close to being the next Jordan!

Really, he's ok. He's not a Norris canidate and there is so many more talented players in the league he most likely never will be.
    Everyone talks players up. Hype sells tickets. Then there is reality. Hell last year Zack W was a top 20 defenseman....boy how that didn't turn out.
    And frankly, I think Zack is a better player than McAvoy. But he's not a top defender and he's probably never going to be. That doesn't mean he's not a good player. There are plenty of players who aren't the top in their position and are still good players. Not everyone is going to be Karlsson. But that is what it takes to be in that contention. And McAvoy isn't it. Not even close
    Aug. 21, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.
    Pop Pop
    I like macavoy but idk if he will be as dyamic as doughty and idk what makes you think carlo will be as good as you think. hes seems to project to a second pair defensive dman only.
    Aug. 21, 2018 at 12:09 p.m.
    GoCanada
    the, remember that 1 play he must be an all star argument.
    I mean hell I once made a hook shot from half court in a basketball game....I'm close to being the next Jordan!

Really, he's ok. He's not a Norris canidate and there is so many more talented players in the league he most likely never will be.
    Everyone talks players up. Hype sells tickets. Then there is reality. Hell last year Zack W was a top 20 defenseman....boy how that didn't turn out.
    And frankly, I think Zack is a better player than McAvoy. But he's not a top defender and he's probably never going to be. That doesn't mean he's not a good player. There are plenty of players who aren't the top in their position and are still good players. Not everyone is going to be Karlsson. But that is what it takes to be in that contention. And McAvoy isn't it. Not even close

Do you think the same of Provorov, Jones, and Dahlin? These players are yet to win a Norris but I believe all three will be contending for one.
    Aug. 21, 2018 at 12:09 p.m.
    This doesn't relate but, Nail Yakupov is a former 1 OVR pick and his highest potential now would be AHL top 6 scoring winger

Wait, so whats the point you really are trying to say then? That Frederic at 20 years old and only less than 20 professional AHL games is almost a lock to be a "bust" considering he was a 1st rounder?

That Yakupov thing can be applied to Donato also yet he gets Trocheck as a comparable?

I don't really care all that much either way, Im just confused by the logic.
    Aug. 21, 2018 at 12:26 p.m.
    Banned
    Do you think the same of Provorov, Jones, and Dahlin? These players are yet to win a Norris but I believe all three will be contending for one.

Dahlin hasn't even played one game and you already have him winning the Norris?

Jones as in Seth Jones has been in the league 5 years. I have seen him play a lot since his trade to CBJ. He is clearly not on the same level of a Karlsson. It's not a matter of time thing either. If he had it, it would show by now.

Provorov has played 1 year. That's it. Way to early to judge on any of that. He could easily tail off next year just like Zack W did for CBJ. That first year in Zack had the jump on others. They didn't know him, had no good tape on him, etc. Makes you play different. You saw what happened in year two as players got use to him. He went from looking like a very good defense man to average. Same goalie, same players around him, hell he had an upgrade in panarin on the ice with him. But he still slid. Not the player he was his rookie year.
    Aug. 21, 2018 at 1:22 p.m.
    GoCanada
    Quoting: F50marco
    Wait, so whats the point you really are trying to say then? That Frederic at 20 years old and only less than 20 professional AHL games is almost a lock to be a "bust" considering he was a 1st rounder?

That Yakupov thing can be applied to Donato also yet he gets Trocheck as a comparable?

I don't really care all that much either way, Im just confused by the logic.

Sorry for the confusion, here was my logic of comparing Frederick to Thompson. I believed the the Wisconsin hockey program isn’t as good of a development program and since Frederick only played a few games in the AHL I judged him based off of that. However, I was wrong because Frederick is decent and reminds of a player like Backes from his highlights. I determined his potential based on the development program he was from and didn’t check his skill.
    Aug. 21, 2018 at 1:25 p.m.
    GoCanada
    Dahlin hasn't even played one game and you already have him winning the Norris?

Jones as in Seth Jones has been in the league 5 years. I have seen him play a lot since his trade to CBJ. He is clearly not on the same level of a Karlsson. It's not a matter of time thing either. If he had it, it would show by now.

Provorov has played 1 year. That's it. Way to early to judge on any of that. He could easily tail off next year just like Zack W did for CBJ. That first year in Zack had the jump on others. They didn't know him, had no good tape on him, etc. Makes you play different. You saw what happened in year two as players got use to him. He went from looking like a very good defense man to average. Same goalie, same players around him, hell he had an upgrade in panarin on the ice with him. But he still slid. Not the player he was his rookie year.

This ACGM was just what the player was projected to become. Yakupov porjected to become an Ovechkin but he isn’t even a AHL forward now. If everything goes perfect in McAvoy’s development and he is healthy as Cogliano, then he can become a Doughty-like player. He isn’t even close to Doughty today but he does have the potential to be that. Same as Dahlin being projected as Hedman doesn’t mean he can’t turn into a bust
    Aug. 21, 2018 at 1:35 p.m.
    LOL what

Nobody is calling him the second coming of Orr, just you. He is very good and very young. The reason many are so high on him is because he is already playing so many minutes against other teams best lines and doing it well. Bruins fans are excited about his potential because he stepped out of college, into the NHL playoffs and was the second most noticeable defenseman (for me, second most noticeable player) in the series. The most noticeable being Erik Karlsson who at that time was at his peak on a team that almost made the SC finals. That is impressive no matter what kind of hockey fan you are.
    Aug. 21, 2018 at 1:53 p.m.
    Sorry for the confusion, here was my logic of comparing Frederick to Thompson. I believed the the Wisconsin hockey program isn’t as good of a development program and since Frederick only played a few games in the AHL I judged him based off of that. However, I was wrong because Frederick is decent and reminds of a player like Backes from his highlights. I determined his potential based on the development program he was from and didn’t check his skill.

Ok gotcha. Yeah i don't watch him intensely or know his favorite color but I'd venture that at this present time his potential is a 2-3rd line center. Thompson at his absolute peak was a 3rd line center. Backes would regardless of similarities in play style is a better comparable based on what he achieved at the NHL level. 2nd line center at his peak, 3rd line center at his least so far. (Before declining too much simply due to age.)
    Aug. 22, 2018 at 1:04 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: keepcalmandbergeron
    Nobody is calling him the second coming of Orr, just you. He is very good and very young. The reason many are so high on him is because he is already playing so many minutes against other teams best lines and doing it well. Bruins fans are excited about his potential because he stepped out of college, into the NHL playoffs and was the second most noticeable defenseman (for me, second most noticeable player) in the series. The most noticeable being Erik Karlsson who at that time was at his peak on a team that almost made the SC finals. That is impressive no matter what kind of hockey fan you are.

Really, "competing for the norris every year" sounds like comparing him to Orr to me. There are plenty of people who came out the NCAA and played well. Kerfoot came out and played well, Butcher came out and played well. But no one is saying, Will Butcher will compete for the Norris every year. Because we all realize how stupid that sounds. McAvoy is no different. One year and a few games does not make a career. Much like I said about Zack W, who declined in his second year. Way over hype a player. He's ok. He's not competing for the Norris "every year"
    Aug. 22, 2018 at 1:53 a.m.
    GoCanada
    Really, "competing for the norris every year" sounds like comparing him to Orr to me. There are plenty of people who came out the NCAA and played well. Kerfoot came out and played well, Butcher came out and played well. But no one is saying, Will Butcher will compete for the Norris every year. Because we all realize how stupid that sounds. McAvoy is no different. One year and a few games does not make a career. Much like I said about Zack W, who declined in his second year. Way over hype a player. He's ok. He's not competing for the Norris "every year"

Competing for Norris every year means you finish top 7 in Norris voting every year. Karlsson competes for the Norris every year. It doesn't mean he'll win all of them
    Aug. 22, 2018 at 3:09 a.m.
    Banned
    Competing for Norris every year means you finish top 7 in Norris voting every year. Karlsson competes for the Norris every year. It doesn't mean he'll win all of them

And the point is, McAvoy won't be finishing top 7 every year because he had a decent rookie season. No more than Will Butcher will be because he had an even better rookie season.
    Aug. 22, 2018 at 3:11 a.m.
    GoCanada
    And the point is, McAvoy won't be finishing top 7 every year because he had a decent rookie season. No more than Will Butcher will be because he had an even better rookie season.

I’ll agree for once, but who will be contending for the Norris most oftenly 7-10 years from now? Remember, Karlsson, Doughty, Hedman will be overpaid veterans by then.
    Aug. 22, 2018 at 3:19 a.m.
    Banned
    I’ll agree for once, but who will be contending for the Norris most oftenly 7-10 years from now? Remember, Karlsson, Doughty, Hedman will be overpaid veterans by then.

no one knows but the point is it's way to early to start picking favorites. Hell Olly Maatta had a great rookie season for the penguins.....what happened. He never turned into the player everyone expected him to.
    Zack W. for CBJ looks to be headed down the same path after 1 good year. He's ok, but he's not looking like a Norris candidate every year. Way to much hype on a guy who really hasn't hit that level of play
    Aug. 22, 2018 at 3:49 p.m.
    GoCanada
    no one knows but the point is it's way to early to start picking favorites. Hell Olly Maatta had a great rookie season for the penguins.....what happened. He never turned into the player everyone expected him to.
    Zack W. for CBJ looks to be headed down the same path after 1 good year. He's ok, but he's nowt looking like a Norris candidate every year. Way to much hype on a guy who really hasn't hit that level of play

I am someone who loves to study prospects and what their projections are. There is a natural tendency for me to see who wins awards and how a player turns out. But your point makes sense

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll