SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Panarin

Aug. 29, 2018 at 5:55 p.m.
It's only fair given Andersen dies every spring.
wojme and awesome liked this.
Aug. 29, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
So why does Panarin give up his UFA ambitions?
OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 29, 2018 at 6:07 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
So why does Panarin give up his UFA ambitions?

Cause this is a dope team that contends for the next 8 years
OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 29, 2018 at 6:22 p.m.
Quoting: hockeyovereverything
Cause this is a dope team that contends for the next 8 years

By his 26y Nylander can be at 80 points also...and Panarin will be 30y old ( ending his contract at 34 ) in that given season....i would stick with the Swede, hopefully for 7y / 6,8M...not to mention those picks....
OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 29, 2018 at 6:25 p.m.
Quoting: Laudan
By his 26y Nylander can be at 80 points also...and Panarin will be 30y old ( ending his contract at 34 ) in that given season....i would stick with the Swede, hopefully for 7y / 6,8M...not to mention those picks....

I agree that Nylander has yet to hit his potential but this is more about balancing the left and right wingers since were not as strong on the left in terms of point production
OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 29, 2018 at 6:39 p.m.
Edited Aug. 29, 2018 at 9:05 p.m.
I agree that Nylander has yet to hit his potential but this is more about balancing the left and right wingers since were not as strong on the left in terms of point production

Grundstrom, Timashov, Moore, even Marchment...you know, when you boost C-RW combo, you can fetch whatever "noob" into those lines and he will get 20+ points or even 40 as Hyman did last season....

With Marleau, Horton out...there will be room for more, tho i think they should go for D, first Gardiner and top RD ( which 26y-28y will flood the market in next two years when TML will still be "infected" by Marleau and Horton, tho i like Marleau a lot ) which will leave Dermott exposed in ED, but unfortunatelly after ED Montour will be only under 30y RD with ending contract worth chasing....
OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 29, 2018 at 7:27 p.m.
If Panarinwould sign with the Leafs, this makes the most sense for both teams, since Toronto would not be able to resign Nylander anyway
OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 29, 2018 at 9:31 p.m.
Quoting: Bluejackets2000
If Panarinwould sign with the Leafs, this makes the most sense for both teams, since Toronto would not be able to resign Nylander anyway

Yeah but Panarin is a free agent next year and Nylander is a RFA now so the trade would have to be now or during the season
Aug. 30, 2018 at 9:51 a.m.
Yeah but Panarin is a free agent next year and Nylander is a RFA now so the trade would have to be now or during the season

If this is the plan then sign Nylander to a 1 year deal and save the 1st and second pick and sign Panarin next year as a UFA. Then you can trade Nylander for probably a 1st and 2nd pick if you want. Panarin is good but there is no way I would trade Nylander and 2 picks for him, even extended. Also that $8.5 mil figure would make it even harder to sign Matthews and Marner.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll