C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$5,166,667$5,166,667
RW
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
LW
UFA - 1
$2,415,000$2,415,000
C
UFA - 5
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,275,000$1,275,000
LD
UFA - 5
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 8
$6,100,000$6,100,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 4
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$650,000$650,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$714,166$714,166 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD
UFA - 2
$650,000$650,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 5, 2018 at 1:31 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Capitalfail67
haha yeah well when youre a pens fan posting about caps I will always be there to laugh at your bias

Bias? What bias? I said it sucks Wilson got hurt. I said Reaves play was not a good. It was late. I said the Malkin hit on Oshie weeks ago was dirty. You are making these stupid accusations and completely wrong every time. You're the bias one who thinks Wilson does no wrong, but as soon as someone does the same thing to him, you wanna cry and call people out for bias. Just stop it lmao
Dec. 5, 2018 at 1:47 p.m.
Quoting: Juice
yeaaa I don't think so. Both Reaves' hit last night and Wilson's hit against the Devils were perfectly legal hits. The puck was not 'long gone'. The unwritten rule is that you don't take more than 3 strides to finish a check which Reaves was well within.

Eh no. Puck was long gone for Reaves hit. He saw Wilson and knew exactly what he was doing causing that much damage. The Seney hit Wilson was trying to avoid him but Seney pivoted into him, that was accidental. Reaves knew exactly what he was doing, his was way more predatory.
Dec. 5, 2018 at 1:48 p.m.
Quoting: ClockReads2113
Eh no. Puck was long gone for Reaves hit. He saw Wilson and knew exactly what he was doing causing that much damage. The Seney hit Wilson was trying to avoid him but Seney pivoted into him, that was accidental. Reaves knew exactly what he was doing, his was way more predatory.

Hit was predatory. Yes. Puck long gone? No. Legal hit
Dec. 5, 2018 at 1:56 p.m.
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
"Old Wilson"? He is still the same exact player he was but now he's actually producing. If it was another guy other than Reaves, he wouldve fought. If Wilson hasn't changed prior to his few suspension, I dont think he all of a sudden changed because he is playing against Las Vegas. Wilson doesn't want to face Reaves, its obvious

Wilson has been a completely new player this season. His hits, PIMs, and fights are down on average from years past. Compared to last season he's on pace to average 89 less hits, 40 less PIMs, and 6 less fights. But like I said, you would know this if you watched him, but you don't. He's not going to waste his time with a goon like Reaves. That'd be a terrible trade off.
Dec. 5, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
Hit was predatory. Yes. Puck long gone? No. Legal hit

I mean, I don't know what to say. The puck was a foot past the blue line and when contact happened and Wilson was maybe 20 feet from the puck. That's a late hit. Illegal.
Dec. 5, 2018 at 2:03 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
Bias? What bias? I said it sucks Wilson got hurt. I said Reaves play was not a good. It was late. I said the Malkin hit on Oshie weeks ago was dirty. You are making these stupid accusations and completely wrong every time. You're the bias one who thinks Wilson does no wrong, but as soon as someone does the same thing to him, you wanna cry and call people out for bias. Just stop it lmao

I said it was a clean hit like 5 times.... I think Wilson and Reeves hits are clean.... late but clean. you can't make a title saying Keep Your Head Up Tommy Tough Nuts and then say sucks he got hit but he got what he deserves.... and its bias. im confidant you have lost control of your own argument. haha you can't say you feel bad then say he got what he deserved......thats a contradiction ..... you said in a previous post that you want someone to take him out I can quote that if you want....... so again it sucks hes hurt but you want someone to hurt him...... woof..... please explain?
Dec. 5, 2018 at 2:06 p.m.
Quoting: ClockReads2113
I mean, I don't know what to say. The puck was a foot past the blue line and when contact happened and Wilson was maybe 20 feet from the puck. That's a late hit. Illegal.

Where they are in relation to the puck is somewhat irrelevant. It's the time between when Wilson got rid of the puck to when he was impacted. Which was about 0.5 seconds
Dec. 5, 2018 at 2:08 p.m.
Banned
I said it was a clean hit like 5 times.... I think Wilson and Reeves hits are clean.... late but clean. you can't make a title saying Keep Your Head Up Tommy Tough Nuts and then say sucks he got hit but he got what he deserves.... and its bias. im confidant you have lost control of your own argument. haha you can't say you feel bad then say he got what he deserved......thats a contradiction ..... you said in a previous post that you want someone to take him out I can quote that if you want....... so again it sucks hes hurt but you want someone to hurt him...... woof..... please explain?

Lmao okay dude. You're talking everything way to literal and the wrong way. Oh well, you'll defend wilson to the die he retires, which is fine. And yes, you can 100% feel bad for someone and say they deserved it, thats not a contradiction. And yes go ahead and quote me, I really dont care. Shows how obsessed you are with what I say
Dec. 5, 2018 at 2:55 p.m.
Who adds what?
First I'll say again what I said when Wilson blindsided Seney and Seneys helmet came off as he fell down:

1. Pro hockey players should have tight, functioning chin straps that keep their helmets on. They should also wear face cages, so pucks don't knock out their teeth.

2. Blind side hits are not safe and should be looked at for a rule change, but aren't suspendable right now because they are legal.

But while I think Wilson is kind of annoying when he says he doesn't like to see opponents get hurt, but can't come up with the words "I'm sorry" or, "it was an accident" for his role in hurting people.... Reeves' press conference where he literally said, "he ran into a hungry lion in the jungle," was something out of WWE.

Tom WIlson is on a seven game points streak. Ryan Reeves barely averages seven points a season, with 71 total points since 2010, and 832 penalty minutes. Instead of writing speeches to brag about how he cheap shots skill players, he should work on his basic skills and learn to play with the puck, or go play MMA instead. Wilson looked pretty dazed when he got up. His face was flushed and his eyes looked unfocused. Hockey is a rough, physical game, but it should not be one where people try to knock each other out or give each other concussions, let alone brag about it, afterwards, and compare themselves to predatory animals. Leave that kind of ridiculous minstrelsy to boxing, wrestling, or football.

If the effect of the NHL's trying to make an example of a couple of nasty hits by Tom Wilson that left opponents injured is that other opponents now think it's open season to try to give WIlson a concussion away from the puck, and brag about doing so afterwards, then the NHL department of player safety is not making hockey players safer, but is simply picking targets for increased hockey violence. They need to hold a press conference and end Reeves' season, if not his career.

And to reiterate something I've said before: Tom Wilson needs to ask around for Ryan Reeves' number, or go through the team, call him after practice some time, and say he's glad he's feeling better, and he's sorry he broke his jaw.
AFriendCalledFive liked this.
Dec. 5, 2018 at 3:05 p.m.
exo2769
it was a solid hit and im okay with Reeves not getting a suspension..... wilson was puck watchin...

clean it no suspension .....Reeves was hunting wilson down the entire game but thats not a penalty...

No one gives kudos on here...well he's some kudos to you. first words out of you mouth are solid hit no suspension. I haven't read any of the other back and forth...and don't plan to, but looks to be objective to me.

@Eli Good Luck with the NHLPA making players wear cages.
Eli liked this.
Dec. 5, 2018 at 3:24 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: exo2769
No one gives kudos on here...well he's some kudos to you. first words out of you mouth are solid hit no suspension. I haven't read any of the other back and forth...and don't plan to, but looks to be objective to me.

@Eli Good Luck with the NHLPA making players wear cages.

Yep. Won't be an easy battle, getting hockey players to protect their heads, but now that the players have sued class action for head injuries, the league knows it's one they should have fought harder, decades ago.

I remember as a kid, watching Rod Langway play without a helmet against guys with half-face shields, or full cages, and thinking he was brave. I remember as an adult watching Langway emcee a Caps alumni game, and hearing him get Don Beaupre's name wrong. They played about five years together, as team captain and starting goalie. Maybe he was messing with him, but I didn't get that feeling. The NHL should be investing in helmet research to make sports safer, and it should go in with other sports leagues and industrial associations to make all sports and all kinds of dangerous jobs safer. I've had a hard hat fly off the second a little bit of of a house fell on it. Most of those things don't even have padding inside. The same technology that could keep Wilson safer could keep tens of thousands of carpenters and tradespeople safer, as well.

If it's a big enough job for the government to start funding more of the research, then the sports leagues can at least get involved in the process of asking elected officials to designate some NSF funds toward the question of how to make better helmets. We'd all live longer, smarter lives.
Dec. 6, 2018 at 11:09 p.m.
I thought the hit was clean. I don't think a second even comes off the clock between when Wilson makes the pass and Reaves connects with him. It was predatory but clean IMO. And certainly nice to see Wilson eat one.

Reaves post game "He ran into a lion in the jungle". Just top shelf commentary.

NHL should probably adopt some sort of 'defenceless skater' rule to take these hits away tho if they care about head injuries.

It would be top shelf commentary if indeed lions lived in jungles. They don't. Reaves is an idiot.
Dec. 6, 2018 at 11:31 p.m.
Quoting: AFriendCalledFive
It would be top shelf commentary if indeed lions lived in jungles. They don't. Reaves is an idiot.

Hahaha. Sure. If that’s what you want to hang your hat on, you can have that.
Dec. 6, 2018 at 11:47 p.m.
gotta love the crazy hypocrites that is the capitals fanbase. Feel bad for their normal fans who actually know hockey.
Dec. 7, 2018 at 1:32 a.m.
Banned
it was a solid hit and im okay with Reeves not getting a suspension..... wilson was puck watching but unlike you and the penguins fans we aren't going to be hypocrites..... wahhhh wilson made a hit haha god you guys are pathetic....

clean it no suspension .....Reeves was hunting wilson down the entire game but thats not a penalty...... I think its funny how obsessed you are with wilson tho.....its actually sad I feel bad for you....he live rent free in your head

but for the record this is how people should react to a normal hit......it a hockey play haha

I find it funny how obsessed Caps fans are that Malkin laid TJ out when he came in for a blind side hit. No surprise though, clearly Malkin lives in their heads. How many times did the Penguins go right through them to win the cup?

Penguins fans must live rent free in your head, because it's not just pens fans dude. The whole league thinks he's a dirt ball. He's laid enough dirty hits out across the league that everyone else knows exactly what kind of a scum bag he is. Even a lot of Caps fans can admit it. Clearly you can't. But keep telling yourself blind siding players like Oscar, or the NJ player from behind are "clean" plays and don't show what kind of player he really is. Do you honestly think the rest of the fan bases watch such things and think he's not scum? Come tell me Blues fans, or CBJ fans, or NJ fans, don't think he's a little twat.
He's been involved in questionable hits to about 1/2 the teams in the NHL. And every fan base thinks the same thing when he gets it back. Karma.
Dec. 7, 2018 at 1:45 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Eli
First I'll say again what I said when Wilson blindsided Seney and Seneys helmet came off as he fell down:

1. Pro hockey players should have tight, functioning chin straps that keep their helmets on. They should also wear face cages, so pucks don't knock out their teeth.

2. Blind side hits are not safe and should be looked at for a rule change, but aren't suspendable right now because they are legal.

But while I think Wilson is kind of annoying when he says he doesn't like to see opponents get hurt, but can't come up with the words "I'm sorry" or, "it was an accident" for his role in hurting people.... Reeves' press conference where he literally said, "he ran into a hungry lion in the jungle," was something out of WWE.

Tom WIlson is on a seven game points streak. Ryan Reeves barely averages seven points a season, with 71 total points since 2010, and 832 penalty minutes. Instead of writing speeches to brag about how he cheap shots skill players, he should work on his basic skills and learn to play with the puck, or go play MMA instead. Wilson looked pretty dazed when he got up. His face was flushed and his eyes looked unfocused. Hockey is a rough, physical game, but it should not be one where people try to knock each other out or give each other concussions, let alone brag about it, afterwards, and compare themselves to predatory animals. Leave that kind of ridiculous minstrelsy to boxing, wrestling, or football.

If the effect of the NHL's trying to make an example of a couple of nasty hits by Tom Wilson that left opponents injured is that other opponents now think it's open season to try to give WIlson a concussion away from the puck, and brag about doing so afterwards, then the NHL department of player safety is not making hockey players safer, but is simply picking targets for increased hockey violence. They need to hold a press conference and end Reeves' season, if not his career.

And to reiterate something I've said before: Tom Wilson needs to ask around for Ryan Reeves' number, or go through the team, call him after practice some time, and say he's glad he's feeling better, and he's sorry he broke his jaw.

Chin straps don't keep helmets on for big collisions. It would have to be so tight players couldn't talk to each other for that to happen. And no player wants that.
What they need are face masks or the side jaw pieces like in MLB so the helmet can't roll off the head sideways easily. But it use to be that players didn't want them. I don't know how they feel about them now because I'm not there to ask them. But a lot of older player still don't even want the plastic visor on the helmet. Players like Polak and I think Lucic don't use them. Which if you ask me is just stupid. But hey it is what it is. They know the risks. But a chin strap being on tighter isn't a solution.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll