Forums/Armchair-GM

KreiderChiarelli

Created by: Philu916
Team: 2018-19 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 19, 2019
Published: Jan. 19, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Truthfully please nobody rip me apart. I’m posting this as a Chiarelli has been known to make bad trades in the past and wonder IF knowing they have to make playoffs this season and maybe win a round or 2 to save his job if he does this to give McD a good power forward and not just a rental like Simmonds.
Trades
NYR
  1. Nurse, Darnell
  2. Puljujärvi, Jesse
  3. 2019 1st round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Was thinking possibly Yamamoto instead of the pick or Nurse but I think NYR really need defensive help for the future.
EDM
  1. Fast, Jesper
  2. Kreider, Chris
Additional Details:
Again idk if this is a “terrible deal” for EDM but Gorton won’t trade CK unless he is wowed by an offer. Zucc isn’t a goal scorer. Supposedly based off rumors Puljujarvi and the 2019 1st are being mentioned as pieces that could be moved. NYR do need defensive help and Nurse is young and could be a massive help to NYR defense going forward. Does Fast even this trade out at all?
NYR
  1. Connor, Kyle
  2. Vesalainen, Kristian
Additional Details:
Not sure Hayes Value but do know it is a lot. Not sure if WPG would give up either one or both, but I do know that IF Duchene stays with Ottawa, a bidding war could happen for Hayes. Maybe a 1st and one of them?
WPG
  1. Hayes, Kevin ($2,000,000 retained)
NYR
  1. 2019 3rd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. McQuaid, Adam
Additional Details:
Somewhere for a 3rd?
NYR
    Rights to Adam Fox
    CAR
    1. Zuccarello, Mats ($2,250,000 retained)
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$79,500,000$68,140,693$0$5,262,500$11,359,307
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the New York Rangers
    $2,275,000$2,275,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $5,350,000$5,350,000
    C
    UFA - 4
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 2
    $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
    C, LW
    UFA - 3
    $3,100,000$3,100,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333
    C, LW
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 4
    Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $708,750$708,750
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 6
    $6,650,000$6,650,000
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
    LD
    RFA - 3
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $650,000$650,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $5,700,000$5,700,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $3,200,000$3,200,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $700,000$700,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 10:43 a.m.
    DaBus
    The only trade I dont think would happen is WPG. I dont think they would part with Vesalainen or Connor, especially for a rental, but if they parted with one it would probably be Vesalainen. I think a possible trade could be 2019 first rounder and either Logan Stanley or Luke Green.
    Philu916 liked this.
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 10:47 a.m.
    Quoting: DaBus
    The only trade I dont think would happen is WPG. I dont think they would part with Vesalainen or Connor, especially for a rental, but if they parted with one it would probably be Vesalainen. I think a possible trade could be 2019 first rounder and either Logan Stanley or Luke Green.

I did add some trades just because there’s many UFA NYR have and talks of other players maybe moved. I just don’t know if it is possible that Hayes is just waiting to get traded to avoid potential further injury. Would WPG potentially move Sami Niku? I just don’t know all the prospects.
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 10:50 a.m.
    DaBus
    Quoting: Philu916
    I did add some trades just because there’s many UFA NYR have and talks of other players maybe moved. I just don’t know if it is possible that Hayes is just waiting to get traded to avoid potential further injury. Would WPG potentially move Sami Niku? I just don’t know all the prospects.

I think there is a chance that Niku could be moved but if I were WPG I would want to move Stanley or Green instead. I think Zuccarello will go for a 2nd rounder and maybe a prospect but Adam Fox is a legit prospect so I doubt they part with him.
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 11:54 a.m.
    that Hayes trade is terrible, you aren’t getting Connor for Hayes, rangers would have to significantly add if they wanted to get him and you want a jets top prospect as well?

Wow
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 11:56 a.m.
    EthanBearForVezina
    ?????? Chiarelli isn’t that stupid
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
    To even out the Edmonton trade, youd need to had Zibanejad
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 12:11 p.m.
    What in tarnation
    EDM and WPG moves are pretty bad.

If NYR needs defensive help, I think Kreider+Zuccarello for Nurse+Puljujärvi is pretty ok. EDM needs offensively capable wingers more than anything.

And for Hayes, I think 1st+Samberg should be fair.
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 12:16 p.m.
    Oh my good God in heaven, those EDM and WPG trades are horrendous. Not to mention McQuaid for a 3rd? Yeesh, this is something else. Don't ask for everybody not to rip you apart when posting AGM's like this...
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 12:17 p.m.
    You know what would be the greatest thing to happen to Kevin Hayes' trade value? Matt Duchene signs an extension in OTT......Dreger on TSN1050: "(Mark) Stone to me, I'd be surprised if he doesn't stay in Ottawa. The money is going to be there, the term is going to be there... He's the captain of the team. I don't think there's any doubt of that."
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 12:34 p.m.
    Wow these are all very one sided...

You would need to significantly add if you want 3 prime assets (Nurse, 1st round pick, pulj). you wont get all of that for just Kreider and a 3rd liner.

Connor is better than Hayes alone. He is also younger and isnt a UFA after this season. But you want a top prospect too? no. just no.

McQuaid is a 7th defensemen on most teams and has a relatively large cap hit. You would be lucky to get a 7th round pick for him.

The CAR trade is close to fair but CAR has no reason to be a buyer at the deadline. They are in no position to make a cup run this year and giving up a good prospect for 1 year of Zuc is just taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

You do know the other team has to agree to the trade too, right?
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 12:35 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    I get that most people are fans of certain teams and they tend to one side trade proposals but these are ridiculously favored towards the Rangers. That Jets trade is so very very bad for Winnipeg.
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 1:13 p.m.
    DanzhastheTouch
    None of these deals will happen. The Rangers have no interest in trading Kreider. Hayes is going to wait until the very last minute, before either he's traded or re-signed.

Why people insist that Adam Fox will be a Ranger still amazes me..
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 1:36 p.m.
    Quoting: Root
    You know what would be the greatest thing to happen to Kevin Hayes' trade value? Matt Duchene signs an extension in OTT......Dreger on TSN1050: "(Mark) Stone to me, I'd be surprised if he doesn't stay in Ottawa. The money is going to be there, the term is going to be there... He's the captain of the team. I don't think there's any doubt of that."

Which is why I posted the potential haul for Hayes if Duchene is re-signed.
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 1:39 p.m.
    Quoting: danzhock10
    None of these deals will happen. The Rangers have no interest in trading Kreider. Hayes is going to wait until the very last minute, before either he's traded or re-signed.

Why people insist that Adam Fox will be a Ranger still amazes me..

Have seen that Fox is from NY and really wants to be on the Rangers and there’s supposed chatter of him not signing with Carolina aka Vesey not signing with Nashville and just joining the Rangers for free.
    And I also do not expect Hayes to get Connor plus Vesalainen but one of them if Duchene signs with Ottawa.
    And Chiarelli has made several horrible trades. Hall had 90 points last year and Larsen isn’t anything special, not an elite top pairing dman... Eberle for Strome etc.
    Jan. 19, 2019 at 4:46 p.m.
    DanzhastheTouch
    Quoting: Philu916
    Have seen that Fox is from NY and really wants to be on the Rangers and there’s supposed chatter of him not signing with Carolina aka Vesey not signing with Nashville and just joining the Rangers for free.
    And I also do not expect Hayes to get Connor plus Vesalainen but one of them if Duchene signs with Ottawa.
    And Chiarelli has made several horrible trades. Hall had 90 points last year and Larsen isn’t anything special, not an elite top pairing dman... Eberle for Strome etc.

I'll take these one at a time:

If Fox wants to be a Ranger, he can refuse to sign a contract with Carolina, wait for the end of the off-season, and sign with the Rangers without compensation conflict. Trading Mats Zuccarello to a team who doesn't need his skill set, MAY only get you the draft pick (and I think you'd like to see him be more than a salary dump, if possible).

After October, I passed on the idea of trading Hayes to Winnipeg. They are a first-place team, with very few holes; everybody beat the dead horse idea of Winnipeg needing a second line center well beyond the typically accepted 8 feet under. Saying that, there are deals that Hayes and others can attract..that being IF Gorton wants to even move him at all.

While I would love to see Connor on the Rangers, I just can't see it happening in your Hayes' deal, without more being involved.

As for Chiarelli, I will not dispute his past transgressions; he only has one of the following two moves in his chess game: trading Draisatil for some depth, or trading McDavid for lots of depth and deciding that Draisatil is the option to build the team with.

Let's face it, EITHER move will be his last. But, let's not let him have his death sentence be served over Chris Kreider and Jesper Fast.
    Philu916 liked this.
    Jan. 20, 2019 at 11:13 a.m.
    Quoting: danzhock10
    I'll take these one at a time:

If Fox wants to be a Ranger, he can refuse to sign a contract with Carolina, wait for the end of the off-season, and sign with the Rangers without compensation conflict. Trading Mats Zuccarello to a team who doesn't need his skill set, MAY only get you the draft pick (and I think you'd like to see him be more than a salary dump, if possible).

After October, I passed on the idea of trading Hayes to Winnipeg. They are a first-place team, with very few holes; everybody beat the dead horse idea of Winnipeg needing a second line center well beyond the typically accepted 8 feet under. Saying that, there are deals that Hayes and others can attract..that being IF Gorton wants to even move him at all.

While I would love to see Connor on the Rangers, I just can't see it happening in your Hayes' deal, without more being involved.

As for Chiarelli, I will not dispute his past transgressions; he only has one of the following two moves in his chess game: trading Draisatil for some depth, or trading McDavid for lots of depth and deciding that Draisatil is the option to build the team with.

Let's face it, EITHER move will be his last. But, let's not let him have his death sentence be served over Chris Kreider and Jesper Fast.

Totally fair. Yeah I didn’t mean both Connor and Vesalainen one or the other. I honestly am not totally sure in value but just know that if Duchene does re-sign Hayes value should go up as one of if not the top center on the trade market.
    TheLegendofDanz10 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll