Forums/Armchair-GM

Risto to vancover

Created by: BigDog91
Team: 2019-20 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 12, 2019
Published: Apr. 12, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This team now has depth. They have a very expensive 4th line But I like the leadership they will bring. They are now deep at center.
Also, which will be key they have defensive dman who will not be over used. They aslo have depth with injuries.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,750,000
2$1,750,000
4$3,750,000
3$2,750,000
3$2,750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$8,500,000
3$4,000,000
6$6,500,000
Trades
VAN
  1. Ristolainen, Rasmus
  2. 2019 4th round pick (SJS)
VGK
  1. Girgensons, Zemgus
  2. McCabe, Jake
  3. 2020 5th round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
Eric haula was good player last year but has no value and vegas needs to dump his contract.
TBL
  1. Bogosian, Zach ($2,000,000 retained)
BUF
  1. 2019 3rd round pick (PIT)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the STL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$83,500,000$82,272,500$0$5,707,500$1,227,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$2,750,000$2,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$1,450,000$1M)
LD
UFA - 2
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
RD
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 12, 2019 at 8:55 a.m.
Kings v5 GM
i dont think hayes will want to go to buffalo
Apr. 12, 2019 at 8:56 a.m.
BigDog91
Quoting: Jack_
i dont think hayes will want to go to buffalo

He is friends with jack, They are both from Boston and they hangout together every summer.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 9:02 a.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: BigDog91
He is friends with jack, They are both from Boston and they hangout together every summer.

i didnt know that, i just imagine he wants to win a cup and go to a place that will pay him that much, give him a chance to win and in a better city. the team you made is pretty good except for the LD which is iffy besides dahlin, the 4th line isnt great but not the worst and the goaltending is pretty bad. the depth is improved but not great but a respectable, you could probably challenge for a playoff spot if you improved in those areas
GMTD liked this.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 9:24 a.m.
BigDog91
i didnt know that, i just imagine he wants to win a cup and go to a place that will pay him that much, give him a chance to win and in a better city. the team you made is pretty good except for the LD which is iffy besides dahlin, the 4th line isnt great but not the worst and the goaltending is pretty bad. the depth is improved but not great but a respectable, you could probably challenge for a playoff spot if you improved in those areas

One, stop with no one wants to play here. That is just stupid statement. Almost all players that play fro buffalo live in Buffalo after they retire. We a 2 hour drive to Toronto and 1 hour flight to NYC.
we have veterans on Right side and Dahlin will be one of best dman in league next year. Leafs made playoffs with one dman! Pilut had a good season last year, when he was played with right guy and Juolevi was top five pick and if injuries didnt happened would of played last year.
GMTD liked this.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 9:26 a.m.
Eichel Tower

I agree the GK is very weak, if Betterall could pry Mitch Korn away from Barry Trotz, well that is only a dream.
I like your free agents.
I like the bottom 2 trades both are very plausible.
I sort of doubt VAN would give up 2 recent low first round picks for Ristolainen, but I may be in error.
I like McCabe and Girgensons, but I think Vegas likes Haula, and Miller, more.
I really like Rodrigues and Ullmark please tell me what they have done to warrant those salaries. Reduce their salaries and buy out Sobotka. I think if he were were bolt to the KHL he loses his NHL salary, IDK about you, but I would not walk away from his salary.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 9:41 a.m.
Kings v5 GM
One, stop with no one wants to play here. That is just stupid statement. Almost all players that play fro buffalo live in Buffalo after they retire. We a 2 hour drive to Toronto and 1 hour flight to NYC.
we have veterans on Right side and Dahlin will be one of best dman in league next year. Leafs made playoffs with one dman! Pilut had a good season last year, when he was played with right guy and Juolevi was top five pick and if injuries didnt happened would of played last year.

how come todd mclellan chose to sign in a far worse la team over buffalo, many players want out of there and do so much better in other places they play. look at how much ryan o'rielly has improved and what he said about buffalo. look at the guy they got in the o'rielly trade that gave up something like 12 million to leave. and look at lehner who is doing so well in long island, i know that isnt all buffalo's fault because of his mental state and drinking thing he came out about but buffalo clearly knew about it and to me it doesnt sound like they did much to help him(i dont know the fine details about lehner or if they did try and help him but i cant remember him saying anything about it)

the only free agent signings on this team are hunwick and okposo who arent very good, okposo might be fine but his concussion issues are a worry and his stats were brought up by JT91. Buffalo isnt the nicest city and the weather there is not nice. downtown is cold and a lot of the blue jays players would rather be sent down to AA then AAA because of how cold it is in the spring
Apr. 12, 2019 at 9:42 a.m.
BigDog91
Quoting: GMTD
I agree the GK is very weak, if Betterall could pry Mitch Korn away from Barry Trotz, well that is only a dream.
I like your free agents.
I like the bottom 2 trades both are very plausible.
I sort of doubt VAN would give up 2 recent low first round picks for Ristolainen, but I may be in error.
I like McCabe and Girgensons, but I think Vegas likes Haula, and Miller, more.
I really like Rodrigues and Ullmark please tell me what they have done to warrant those salaries. Reduce their salaries and buy out Sobotka. I think if he were were bolt to the KHL he loses his NHL salary, IDK about you, but I would not walk away from his salary.

For VAN trade. Not sure the value in 2 high picks who ahve done nothing and Juolevi has been injuried. ALso Risot is big RHD with 4 straight 40 point seasons.
Haula has been injuried with serious Knee injury since Novemeber and they need shed cap space BAD.
Erod had a good season and usually get million for every 10 points. He also can play defense and be easily moved up and down lineup. Ullmark salary is cheap for Number 1 goalie. Also Salary will be going up. We will not buy out a salary with just one year left. Will send him to AHL and I dont think he will go so hopefully will just go to AHL.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 9:59 a.m.
BigDog91
how come todd mclellan chose to sign in a far worse la team over buffalo, many players want out of there and do so much better in other places they play. look at how much ryan o'rielly has improved and what he said about buffalo. look at the guy they got in the o'rielly trade that gave up something like 12 million to leave. and look at lehner who is doing so well in long island, i know that isnt all buffalo's fault because of his mental state and drinking thing he came out about but buffalo clearly knew about it and to me it doesnt sound like they did much to help him(i dont know the fine details about lehner or if they did try and help him but i cant remember him saying anything about it)

the only free agent signings on this team are hunwick and okposo who arent very good, okposo might be fine but his concussion issues are a worry and his stats were brought up by JT91. Buffalo isnt the nicest city and the weather there is not nice. downtown is cold and a lot of the blue jays players would rather be sent down to AA then AAA because of how cold it is in the spring

I think you are an idiot. Hunwick was not a free agent signing was a trade. Skinner only wanted to be traded to Buffalo, Okposo was the #1free agent when he signed. Unless you live here dont talk bad about it. Todd mcclean wanted to stay west and be in LA and had nothing to do with Buffalo. Lehner had serious mental problems that had nothing to do with Buffalo. He refused to take penalty shots in practice even though he 0-40 in penalty shots. he literally never stop a player in shootout.
GMTD and SalamiCheese liked this.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 10:08 a.m.
Kings v5 GM
I think you are an idiot. Hunwick was not a free agent signing was a trade. Skinner only wanted to be traded to Buffalo, Okposo was the #1free agent when he signed. Unless you live here dont talk bad about it. Todd mcclean wanted to stay west and be in LA and had nothing to do with Buffalo. Lehner had serious mental problems that had nothing to do with Buffalo. He refused to take penalty shots in practice even though he 0-40 in penalty shots. he literally never stop a player in shootout.

oh **** yea hunwick signed in Pittsburgh, i was thinking of someone else. mclellan had a contract in order to sign in buffalo but decided to sign in a far worse team in LA. I do feel bad about lehner though, he could have been so good and is showing it, he just couldnt put it together and get the help he needed in buffalo though even if that had nothing to do with the team. even risto says there are problems in the dressing room that need to be sorted out. there were no good free agents in 2016
Apr. 12, 2019 at 10:11 a.m.

its hard to win an argument with a smart person...its damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot
SalamiCheese and BigDog91 liked this.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 10:23 a.m.
Good job man
BigDog91 liked this.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 10:34 a.m.
Eichel Tower
For VAN trade. Not sure the value in 2 high picks who ahve done nothing and Juolevi has been injuried. ALso Risot is big RHD with 4 straight 40 point seasons.
Haula has been injuried with serious Knee injury since Novemeber and they need shed cap space BAD.
Erod had a good season and usually get million for every 10 points. He also can play defense and be easily moved up and down lineup. Ullmark salary is cheap for Number 1 goalie. Also Salary will be going up. We will not buy out a salary with just one year left. Will send him to AHL and I dont think he will go so hopefully will just go to AHL.

I agree with you, I was thinking of VAN. This is sort of like trading Nylander and Mittelstadt for Ristolainen. Probably fair, but keeping the young players may appeal more than getting the worse +/- player in the league. I just do not know the value of Ristolainen. He may be a late bloomer (Chara and Hedman are good examples), but maybe he is what he is, unwilling to improve his defensive play.

I think your $1KK for 10 pts refers to UFA's not RFA's Reinhart signed for $3,650,000 following a 50 pt season. Using your metric (which actually looks valid) and applying the bridge reduction of 2/3 then Rodrigues should sign for about $1,900,000, I think it would be a little less than that, but we will find out in a few months.

Ullmark will be offered even less, he has been awful the last half of the season. With a good GK coach, I think Ullmark will be great. The last half of the season his mechanical flaws have been exposed (wrap around goals, five hole gap, not getting the pads or stick down on the ice) and need to be fixed or he will be an AHL the balance of his career.

Finally, you are correct, Sobotka would most likely be sent to Rochester instead of buying him out, thanks for correcting my error.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 10:42 a.m.
BigDog91
Quoting: GMTD
I agree with you, I was thinking of VAN. This is sort of like trading Nylander and Mittelstadt for Ristolainen. Probably fair, but keeping the young players may appeal more than getting the worse +/- player in the league. I just do not know the value of Ristolainen. He may be a late bloomer (Chara and Hedman are good examples), but maybe he is what he is, unwilling to improve his defensive play.

I think your $1KK for 10 pts refers to UFA's not RFA's Reinhart signed for $3,650,000 following a 50 pt season. Using your metric (which actually looks valid) and applying the bridge reduction of 2/3 then Rodrigues should sign for about $1,900,000, I think it would be a little less than that, but we will find out in a few months.

Ullmark will be offered even less, he has been awful the last half of the season. With a good GK coach, I think Ullmark will be great. The last half of the season his mechanical flaws have been exposed (wrap around goals, five hole gap, not getting the pads or stick down on the ice) and need to be fixed or he will be an AHL the balance of his career.

Finally, you are correct, Sobotka would most likely be sent to Rochester instead of buying him out, thanks for correcting my error.

Yeah, I dont think anyone knows the value of Risto but i do think we need a Dman coming back and liked the idea of having a young d core with vets. Would be willing to add to trade if needed.

Your RFA points a valid but in this case i was trying to do worst case ( contract wise) to see what will be needed to stay under the cap. The less players sign the better. But Erod is alot older and will be buying UFA years which is why i think he will demand more money then people think.

Ullmark is tough one to tell but either way only talking a million dollars.
GMTD liked this.
Apr. 12, 2019 at 12:17 p.m.
Sabres are elite
The D core would be better if you held onto Risto and McCabe since Risto > Miller and McCabe > Juolevi at least right now. Signing Stralman would be a great partner for Dahlin, not Pilut. Pilut played well with Risto so that could be our 3rd pair. 2nd pair of McCabe Montour
Apr. 12, 2019 at 1:46 p.m.
BigDog91
Quoting: Skyraider112
The D core would be better if you held onto Risto and McCabe since Risto > Miller and McCabe > Juolevi at least right now. Signing Stralman would be a great partner for Dahlin, not Pilut. Pilut played well with Risto so that could be our 3rd pair. 2nd pair of McCabe Montour

It depends on what you mean better. Miller puts up similar point totals in less minutes and is also better defensively. Juolevi has more potential and is cheaper. We are also getting forward prospects. Also i dont want stralman playing big minutes and Pilut would benefit greatly from defensive dman as his pairing. That would Pilut to excel offensively.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll