2$2,500,000
6$9,500,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Brown, Connor
Additional Details:
Now I know palhal would say that it’s not the Edmonton otters and they have their own cap issues so let’s pretend this is any team.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,000,000$75,809,277$0$152,500$7,190,723
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
UFA - 6
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 13, 2019 at 12:10 a.m.
Cubro
Marner @9.5? In your dreams. Why would he take a penny less than matthews?
Apr. 13, 2019 at 12:11 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: cubro
Marner @9.5? In your dreams. Why would he take a penny less than matthews?

This the palhal way not the cubro way.
blowing_the_zone liked this.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 12:12 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I most respectfully disagree with you that our esteemed colleague @palhal would accept Pesce for Nylander. I wouldn't.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 12:16 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I most respectfully disagree with you that our esteemed colleague @palhal would accept Pesce for Nylander. I wouldn't.

Oh yes he would, his idea is actually the return doesn’t matter. Better is of course.... better. The real return is the cap space. Imagine nylander for a 1st and a prospect. Leafs save 6.9m. I do see his logic.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 12:25 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Jamiepo
Oh yes he would, his idea is actually the return doesn’t matter. Better is of course.... better. The real return is the cap space. Imagine nylander for a 1st and a prospect. Leafs save 6.9m. I do see his logic.

Me, too, but let's not give away the store. Aside from the Philly trade from @DirtyDangles that you already know about, what about Nylander and our extra fourth for Florida's #13, Pysyk (with retention) or Weegar (RFA at $1.5M) and a third or Jayce Hawyrluk?
Apr. 13, 2019 at 12:27 a.m.

I still think keeping younger Nylander ( career rising ) over aging Kadri ( career declining ) would work better, simulated it here : https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1079047
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 12:29 a.m.
Chicago

Pesce fills a big hole that Nylander cannot, and moving Nylander doesn't exactly create a big hole, especially if he's still on line 3.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 12:31 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

Actually this isn't my way exactly. I would prefer to pay give Johnson and Kapanen more money and term. How to do that? Nylander gets traded for picks/prospect not a 4m Pesce, because the Leafs can't afford Pesce.

And for those who say why should Marner get less than Matthews. Well I understand that argument if the the Leafs and their cap structure was island just for themselves. But why should Marner get more than Kucherov who is starts his 9.5m contract next year....and you can make a number of league wide comparables.

And I did say "the return doesn't matter". Cause if you keep Nylander you'll going to lose other players...who might have better cap value than Nylander. Gee by nice if Nylander wins the Conn Smythe trophy this spring, the Leafs might get more than "the return doesn't matter."
Formerly Jamiepo
Me, too, but let's not give away the store. Aside from the Philly trade from @DirtyDangles that you already know about, what about Nylander and our extra fourth for Florida's #13, Pysyk (with retention) or Weegar (RFA at $1.5M) and a third or Jayce Hawyrluk?

That works too, how about moving nylander for a first and a prospect, we flip the prospect and a 2nd to Vegas for Miller... lots of fun options with this. There are only a few teams that we can trade nylander too but if we move him for cheap futures we can flip some of the to other cap strapped teams.

Panthers wouldn’t want Nylander.......they have no intentions in helping the Leafs with their cap situation unless it heavily benefits them.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 12:35 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Laudan
I still think keeping younger Nylander ( career rising ) over aging Kadri ( career declining ) would work better, simulated it here : https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1079047

Actually Kadri and Brown trades again for futures, might be good enough to make the Leafs cap compliant as you suggest. And I wouldn't object to that either, and it might better for Leafs on the ice as you suggest.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 12:36 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: palhal
Actually this isn't my way exactly. I would prefer to pay give Johnson and Kapanen more money and term. How to do that? Nylander gets traded for picks/prospect not a 4m Pesce, because the Leafs can't afford Pesce.

And for those who say why should Marner get less than Matthews. Well I understand that argument if the the Leafs and their cap structure was island just for themselves. But why should Marner get more than Kucherov who is starts his 9.5m contract next year....and you can make a number of league wide comparables.

And I did say "the return doesn't matter". Cause if you keep Nylander you'll going to lose other players...who might have better cap value than Nylander. Gee by nice if Nylander wins the Conn Smythe trophy this spring, the Leafs might get more than "the return doesn't matter."

Actually I just went with pesce because I know it’s a trade you like. But yup trading for futures works or even trading for futures and flipping some for a Dman from a team with cap issues. Like I mentioned above with Vegas. I’m coming around to the idea as much as I would hate to lose nylander. I have faith that the leafs office can figure things better than us.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 12:42 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Actually I just went with pesce because I know it’s a trade you like. But yup trading for futures works or even trading for futures and flipping some for a Dman from a team with cap issues. Like I mentioned above with Vegas. I’m coming around to the idea as much as I would hate to lose nylander. I have faith that the leafs office can figure things better than us.

I support a Pesce/Nylander trade in many ways. But the TDL for Muzzin has added 4m....Pesce money to the scenario, so I don't see Pesce as being practical now. And then there was the overpayment to Matthews which causes more cap issues. And you're right, you would think the the Leafs management team has the cap scenario figured....better than us.

Love to discuss more but I have trip to the big city tomorrow morning.....bed time now. Might be away till about game time tomorrow
Apr. 13, 2019 at 8:08 a.m.

Lol.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 8:57 a.m.
I support a Pesce/Nylander trade in many ways. But the TDL for Muzzin has added 4m....Pesce money to the scenario, so I don't see Pesce as being practical now. And then there was the overpayment to Matthews which causes more cap issues. And you're right, you would think the the Leafs management team has the cap scenario figured....better than us.

Love to discuss more but I have trip to the big city tomorrow morning.....bed time now. Might be away till about game time tomorrow

I think you and Po are spot on regarding the implications of the Muzzin trade. Something that isn't public knowledge informed that decision, cause once Dubas had Am's number he didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on Muzzin.. who is great, but not the perfect fit for the team for no other reason than he plays LD.

Part of me thinks somrething was lined up to move Gards at the TDL, but his injury mighta nixed that. A bigger part of me thinks that the leafs know Marleau is retiring..

Either way, once we get our head around the fact the no one player will guarantee a cup, and that under the right conditions any player can and should be traded for the greater benefit of team success, then like Po states in one of his posts here.. all sorts of fun options exist.

Staying fluid in ones thinking often gets one out of trouble.. lots of ways to skin this cat going forward, and yep, I finally trust that the leaf braintrust has a plan and they know what they're doing... well, hopefully.. kinda.. maybe???
GenXHockey liked this.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 11:12 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Kosterjr
Panthers wouldn’t want Nylander.......they have no intentions in helping the Leafs with their cap situation unless it heavily benefits them.

"Panthers wouldn't want Nylander"?!?!? They were a lottery team this year. Which do you think would be more likely to get to the playoffs over the next five years: William Nylander or the guy they'll draft at #13?
Apr. 13, 2019 at 1:26 p.m.
"Panthers wouldn't want Nylander"?!?!? They were a lottery team this year. Which do you think would be more likely to get to the playoffs over the next five years: William Nylander or the guy they'll draft at #13?

If I’m going to deal with Toronto it’s going to offer sheet Marner or Kapanen. Nylander while talented hasn’t been impressive seen getting his contract.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 1:32 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
If I’m going to deal with Toronto it’s going to offer sheet Marner or Kapanen. Nylander while talented hasn’t been impressive seen getting his contract.

I would disagree, nylander has looked pretty good. If you’re going to judge a player on a small 20 game sample where he didn’t look so great you will miss some great opportunities.

Marner was looking so bad last year he was bumped down to the 4th line.... are you sure you want him?

Offer sheets are only for rfa’s I don’t see anyone getting a chance to sheet marner and I doubt he signs any sheets . Maybe kapanen.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 1:58 p.m.
I would disagree, nylander has looked pretty good. If you’re going to judge a player on a small 20 game sample where he didn’t look so great you will miss some great opportunities.

Marner was looking so bad last year he was bumped down to the 4th line.... are you sure you want him?

Offer sheets are only for rfa’s I don’t see anyone getting a chance to sheet marner and I doubt he signs any sheets . Maybe kapanen.

Personally don’t want either one, just saying between Nylander or Marner I’d take Marner. I see him waiting because he wants other teams to set his value. I’m sure multiple teams are going to offer sheet him and Kapanen. Definitely going to be an interesting offseason especially if these RFA’s don’t sign.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 7:22 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Personally don’t want either one, just saying between Nylander or Marner I’d take Marner. I see him waiting because he wants other teams to set his value. I’m sure multiple teams are going to offer sheet him and Kapanen. Definitely going to be an interesting offseason especially if these RFA’s don’t sign.

I would like to see who these teams are that are going to offer sheet Marner. Who has the cap space? Teams would have to overpay. Would Marner actually sign it? There are lots of other teams with cap issues, but they rarely have their RFAs offer sheeted, somehow it's just Marner and Kapanen.
Apr. 13, 2019 at 7:50 p.m.
I would like to see who these teams are that are going to offer sheet Marner. Who has the cap space? Teams would have to overpay. Would Marner actually sign it? There are lots of other teams with cap issues, but they rarely have their RFAs offer sheeted, somehow it's just Marner and Kapanen.

It’s probably because want to yes Leafs fans panic, but Jets in the same boat with Connor and Laine, Bolts with Point......like I said the teams with cap room could force these teams into hard decisions. Definitely going to be an interesting offseason if all the RFA’s don’t get deals done before July 1st
Apr. 13, 2019 at 8:07 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
It’s probably because want to yes Leafs fans panic, but Jets in the same boat with Connor and Laine, Bolts with Point......like I said the teams with cap room could force these teams into hard decisions. Definitely going to be an interesting offseason if all the RFA’s don’t get deals done before July 1st

Again I would like to see a post of that would show a team that actually offer sheet Marner .....you original quote was multiple teams. There aren't that may teams that have free cap space and even fewer teams that have cap space that would risk four first rounders, a few lottery picks. And I don't think Marner or some other players "in a good situation" necessarily sign an offer sheet to team they may not want to be with even for more money.
Actually I'm not even really concerned if Marner signs an offer sheet, and isn't match by the Leafs. The Leafs would have 10m to spend on other players....the amount they have allotted for Marner and have four first rounders and got to believe some of those picks might be lottery picks.
blowing_the_zone and Kosterjr liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll