Forums/Armchair-GM

Now that kadri probably suspended

Created by: PuckPal
Team: 2018-19 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 14, 2019
Published: Apr. 14, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Yes it's not official yet but at best he's getting 1 game. I know Nylander maybe the player that will move to center but by moving Marleau it allows the line to stay intact relatively. I'd put nylander with Matthews and Kapanen with marleau and brown to make a strong checking line. I will say kadri should have dropped his gloves and stick knocked Debrysk out but at the same time if the refs had penalized him for the knee on knee hit he would have not been on the ice a kadri wouldn't have had enough. The reason it was the final straw was how close Marleau was to have possibly a career ending injury. If he had he not moved his head at the last min we would be talking about the end of a HOF players career by a very dirty player who all game was given way too much slack to do what ever he wanted to injure and the refs turned i blind eye to it. Yes have your meeting with kadri but maybe the league should also be calling the refs and asking them why Debrysk was being allowed to elbow players trying to break noses, Hitting players knee on knee and they felt it wasn't even worth a 2 min penalties.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
27$79,500,000$79,235,236$2,550,000$6,250,000$264,764
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$10,277,778$10,277,778
RW
UFA - 6
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 2
LD
UFA - 1
RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
G
RFA - 3
$874,125$874,125
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 14, 2019 at 1:01 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Earlier in the game, Krejci crushed Kadri from behind in the boards, and then the knee on knee,,, definitely a trip at least....wit no penalties. Bruins constantly were hit late and then holding Leaf penalties and no penalties . And Gauthier and Kapanen and penalties ? The NHL has favoured the Bruins for years, they seem to need a big US East Coast name team to go far in the playoffs.
The hit by Kadri reminded of what happened last year. Marner got run....similar to the Kuchervov hit....with no penalty, Kadri retaliates with a boarding and get a match and three games.
PuckPal liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 1:11 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I think best case is probably 4 games for the leafs
Apr. 14, 2019 at 1:15 p.m.
The knee on knee wasn't intentional. He was going for a big hit leading with the shoulder and their knees caught as he was trying to avoid the hit.

Boston physically was manhandeling the Leafs and the response was Kadri's bad penalty. Simple as that and Kadri will get suspended at least a game but likely more since it's not his first time.
DirtyDangles and Blazingbat11 liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.
Edited Apr. 14, 2019 at 1:59 p.m.
Quoting: Bcarlo25
I think best case is probably 4 games for the leafs

And how many games would Debrysk have gotten if he was a leafs not a bruin. Don't get me wrong we didn't lose this game cause of dirty plays but at the same time the refs allowed Debrysk way too much slack and if they had done their job he would have gotten a 2 min for roughing in the knee on knee and kadri doesn't do this. But what are you worried about it's clear they are giving the bruins free rein to do what ever it takes to eliminate the leafs and the leafs are not only playing the bruins but the league this playoffs.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 1:23 p.m.
Edited Apr. 14, 2019 at 1:32 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
The knee on knee wasn't intentional. He was going for a big hit leading with the shoulder and their knees caught as he was trying to avoid the hit.

Boston physically was manhandeling the Leafs and the response was Kadri's bad penalty. Simple as that and Kadri will get suspended at least a game but likely more since it's not his first time.

Look at it again yes he moved he waist away from kadri but then moved his legs more in the way he knew what he was doing, he knew he would hit kadri in the knees but rather than try and knock kadri to the ice standing his ground he decided to clip him in the knee making it purposly done. And even if he tried to BS it as an accident that was the 3 "accident " he had that was potentially injury causing that game which at that point the refs should have penalized him to remind him to find a better way to be physical.
blowing_the_zone liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 1:26 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: ChiHawk

As a suggested, then the knee on knee was definitely a trip. Agree with you that the so called manhandling led to Kadri's response. But the point I was making why did the referees constantly allow the Bruins to hit late....which certainly in today NHL is interference, hit late and then grabbing constantly. So for that reason it's an easy win for the Bruins. It's similar when a the football team can't get a pass rush because the offensive line is allowed to hold. The "let 'em play" refereeing really goes against the rules of the games.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 1:58 p.m.
Should be no suspension, DeBrusk deserved it.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 2:10 p.m.
Quoting: EGM

I wish thats the case but the only way that occurs if the league agrees that the refs caused this by not calling Debrysk for the dirty plays and just give Kadri a final warning that if he does this again he will be suspended for the remaining playoffs. But the refs need to take alot of the blame for what occured they should have warned Debrysk after trying to break Dermotts nose that he is crossing the line but they obviously didn't or would have to think he would have waited another second for Marleau to pass by the end of bruins bench and he would he tried to stand Kadri up rather that guttlessly clipping him in the knee. But It's become clear the leafs are going to need to just keep playing as physical as they are and get more pucks to the net and hope the league don't find another creative way to eliminate them.
EGM liked this.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 2:17 p.m.
Quoting: PuckPal
I wish thats the case but the only way that occurs if the league agrees that the refs caused this by not calling Debrysk for the dirty plays and just give Kadri a final warning that if he does this again he will be suspended for the remaining playoffs. But the refs need to take alot of the blame for what occured they should have warned Debrysk after trying to break Dermotts nose that he is crossing the line but they obviously didn't or would have to think he would have waited another second for Marleau to pass by the end of bruins bench and he would he tried to stand Kadri up rather that guttlessly clipping him in the knee. But It's become clear the leafs are going to need to just keep playing as physical as they are and get more pucks to the net and hope the league don't find another creative way to eliminate them.

Facts, none of this would of happened if the refs called a better game, the Marleau hit was dirty and the Kadri knee hit was intentional. Almost all down to the refs.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 2:19 p.m.
Bcarlo25
And how many games would Debrysk have gotten if he was a leafs not a bruin. Don't get me wrong we didn't lose this game cause of dirty plays but at the same time the refs allowed Debrysk way too much slack and if they had done their job he would have gotten a 2 min for roughing in the knee on knee and kadri doesn't do this. But what are you worried about it's clear they are giving the bruins free rein to do what ever it takes to eliminate the leafs and the leafs are not only playing the bruins but the league this playoffs.

First off, it’s debrusk. Second, if he played for the leafs he would get zero games. Anyone that thinks the department of player safety plays favorites is a world class moron. Debrusk should have gotten 2 for a leg check or whatever. That’s it. Kadri cross checked him in the face. Ones a penalty, the other is a suspension
Apr. 14, 2019 at 2:21 p.m.
Bcarlo25

Haaaaa
Apr. 14, 2019 at 2:22 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Facts, none of this would of happened if the refs called a better game, the Marleau hit was dirty and the Kadri knee hit was intentional. Almost all down to the refs.

How can you possibly state that as fact
Apr. 14, 2019 at 2:39 p.m.
First off, it’s debrusk. Second, if he played for the leafs he would get zero games. Anyone that thinks the department of player safety plays favorites is a world class moron. Debrusk should have gotten 2 for a leg check or whatever. That’s it. Kadri cross checked him in the face. Ones a penalty, the other is a suspension

Im not talking about the farce of a safety dept im talking about the refs and the league. the bruins all game were hitting late and debrusk was being allowed to be as dirty as he wanted that knee hit should have been his 3rd in the game yet none were called. If this was the leafs that was allowed to do whatever they wanted Marchand would have done the same don't deny it he has a track record. I agree Kadri crossed a line but the refs had no control in this game on the dirty play your team was doing and didn't even try. So like i said what are you worried about the league not the "safety dept" are doing everything they can to even the series so as long as they keep being dirty your going to walk into the next round. This is leaf nation against the league pure and simple this series.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 2:55 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Im not talking about the farce of a safety dept im talking about the refs and the league. the bruins all game were hitting late and debrusk was being allowed to be as dirty as he wanted that knee hit should have been his 3rd in the game yet none were called. If this was the leafs that was allowed to do whatever they wanted Marchand would have done the same don't deny it he has a track record. I agree Kadri crossed a line but the refs had no control in this game on the dirty play your team was doing and didn't even try. So like i said what are you worried about the league not the "safety dept" are doing everything they can to even the series so as long as they keep being dirty your going to walk into the next round. This is leaf nation against the league pure and simple this series.

“And how many games would Debrusk have gotten if he was a leaf” - you.

You were talking about the department of player safety.

Also, the leafs against the league is the dumbest take ever. If anything it’s good for the league if the leafs advance
Apr. 14, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.

You were talking about the department of player safety

Fair enough but that was if every dirty play he had done was called. Like i said when he "accidentally" blooded dermott nose if he was a leaf that would have been a 5 min major. Then the late hits he would have gotten at least a minor, then the knee on knee he would have been ejected pure and simple. Then yes due to the lack of regard for players safety if he was a leaf he would have gotten a game easily.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 3:06 p.m.

You were talking about the department of player safety.

Also, the leafs against the league is the dumbest take ever. If anything it’s good for the league if the leafs advance

Then why do they allow teams the be this dirty. When the penguins had this happen they enforced the rules.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 3:08 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Then why do they allow teams the be this dirty. When the penguins had this happen they enforced the rules.

They missed a call...it happens all the time man, to every team. Debrusk did something that should have been a minor, and Kadri did something that deserves a suspension of decent length. End of story
Apr. 14, 2019 at 3:09 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Fair enough but that was if every dirty play he had done was called. Like i said when he "accidentally" blooded dermott nose if he was a leaf that would have been a 5 min major. Then the late hits he would have gotten at least a minor, then the knee on knee he would have been ejected pure and simple. Then yes due to the lack of regard for players safety if he was a leaf he would have gotten a game easily.

This is just such a lame take. The refs aren’t out for anyone. Department of player safety isn’t out for anyone. Your player did something dumb. Get over it
Apr. 14, 2019 at 3:14 p.m.
They missed a call...it happens all the time man, to every team. Debrusk did something that should have been a minor, and Kadri did something that deserves a suspension of decent length. End of story

No they missed alot of calls. I agree kadri deserves to be suspended for not dropping his gloves and stick and knocking him into the regular season. But the rules are clear about drawing blood but they didn't enforce it, late hits are clear but not enforced and knee on knee are clear but not enforced. One call i would argee they just missed it but after the bloody nose debrusk should been watched like a hawk but obviously they just were turning a blind eye to it.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 3:19 p.m.
Bcarlo25
No they missed alot of calls. I agree kadri deserves to be suspended for not dropping his gloves and stick and knocking him into the regular season. But the rules are clear about drawing blood but they didn't enforce it, late hits are clear but not enforced and knee on knee are clear but not enforced. One call i would argee they just missed it but after the bloody nose debrusk should been watched like a hawk but obviously they just were turning a blind eye to it.

A couple years ago in a playoff game a cap, I think semin so it was several years ago high sticked Chara so bad he needed surgery. He was gushing on the ice. They missed a call. It happens to every team. Settle down bud
Apr. 14, 2019 at 3:33 p.m.
A couple years ago in a playoff game a cap, I think semin so it was several years ago high sticked Chara so bad he needed surgery. He was gushing on the ice. They missed a call. It happens to every team. Settle down bud

But did the refs allow semin to hit another player with dirty plays and hit bruins with late hits I doubt it. If do remember semin may not have gotten a major but next questionable call they gave him a minor penalty. Did that happen last night? I'm not mad that we lost we deserved to lose but to allow a team so many second chances thats what the leaf fans are furious about. I personally have no issue if we lose games cause we get out played i do have issues when the refs allow a team especially a single player repeatedly allowed to do what ever they want without repercussions.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 3:42 p.m.
Bcarlo25
But did the refs allow semin to hit another player with dirty plays and hit bruins with late hits I doubt it. If do remember semin may not have gotten a major but next questionable call they gave him a minor penalty. Did that happen last night? I'm not mad that we lost we deserved to lose but to allow a team so many second chances thats what the leaf fans are furious about. I personally have no issue if we lose games cause we get out played i do have issues when the refs allow a team especially a single player repeatedly allowed to do what ever they want without repercussions.

No. Semin didn’t get a penalty. The bruins didn’t get a power play the rest of the game and lost by a goal.

The leafs were outplayed last night. Time to stop making lame excuses
Apr. 14, 2019 at 3:54 p.m.
No. Semin didn’t get a penalty. The bruins didn’t get a power play the rest of the game and lost by a goal.

The leafs were outplayed last night. Time to stop making lame excuses

I hope they allow the leafs as much slack in toronto as they gave your team last night. Cause when you and the rest of the bruin fans are outraged leaf fans are going to tell you charma is a b**ch. But like i said this happened last playoffs and they just kept allowing it but can't wait to laugh at you when it happens to your team this round or when league gift wrap this series again for you and Columbus do it to you next.
Apr. 14, 2019 at 3:58 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I hope they allow the leafs as much slack in toronto as they gave your team last night. Cause when you and the rest of the bruin fans are outraged leaf fans are going to tell you charma is a b**ch. But like i said this happened last playoffs and they just kept allowing it but can't wait to laugh at you when it happens to your team this round or when league gift wrap this series again for you and Columbus do it to you next.

It happened to the bruins last season. I think it was Kucherov that hauled down Mcavoy with 4 minutes left for the game tying goal. No call, absolute joke. Series would have been tied 2-2. Guess what? The refs weren’t out to get the bruins. They missed a blatant call because they’re human. Honestly I have nothing against the leafs but I want this series to be a very quick Boston win because I’m sick of hearing all the excuses from the fan base
Apr. 14, 2019 at 4:32 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Leaf fans are making it sound so one sided lol “the Bruins are getting away with everything! The refs hate the Leafs!”

Truth from a Habs fan who hates the Bruins more than anything, leafs have been playing just as “dirty” as Boston, there just not good at it. I’ve watched both games, and Hyman and Brown have been going for the late hits just as much as any Bruin.

Tip to beating Boston, don’t play into their game. Leafs are more skilled offensively, how about they try and use that to their advantage instead of Babcock trying to go tit for tat physically with BOS...

Side note: Matthews vanishing in playoffs...just like last year....seems to be thing!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll