SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

TBL could be worse your team couldve traded ROR

Team: 2019-20 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 17, 2019
Published: Apr. 17, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Fire Jason Botterill. He’s an absolute coward.
Trades
STL
  1. Sobotka, Vladimír
  2. Thompson, Tage
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (STL)
Additional Details:
Patrick Berglund
1st round pick
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
15$79,500,000$46,116,667$0$3,700,000$33,383,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 17, 2019 at 9:54 a.m.
Shibbal18
Im getting to that point
Apr. 17, 2019 at 9:59 a.m.
Just ignore Jeff Skinner and Montour.

Don't understand the hate on here for the Minnesota trade either.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 10:03 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
I think buffalo is short one solid Defensive RHD of a playoff team. At least this year they were. Montour was a steal but but I’m not positive he is what they need. Not that Montour is horrible defensively. They need that shut down guy with Dahlin to keep Risto on second pair with a guy like McCabe. They need their top pair to be able to shut down top lines.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: wojme

Skinner trade only matters if he gets s contract done. If not, he spent a 2nd for a wasted year of Skinners career
Apr. 17, 2019 at 10:12 a.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
Skinner trade only matters if he gets s contract done. If not, he spent a 2nd for a wasted year of Skinners career

If he walks, we got a rental for below market value.
Ryminister_27 and SalamiCheese liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 10:20 a.m.
Shibbal18

Didnt get anything out of it in the end though, not even post season
Apr. 17, 2019 at 10:22 a.m.

If he walks all he could hear is crying buffalo as he heads to the airport
Apr. 17, 2019 at 10:35 a.m.
Please tell me what should a team do when the Captain quits? Take the "C" away? Trade him for what ever one can receive? Or something else?

Im getting to that point

Quoting: Jamiepo
I think buffalo is short one solid Defensive RHD of a playoff team. At least this year they were. Montour was a steal but but I’m not positive he is what they need. Not that Montour is horrible defensively. They need that shut down guy with Dahlin to keep Risto on second pair with a guy like McCabe. They need their top pair to be able to shut down top lines.

Quoting: Captain_Jack
If he walks all he could hear is crying buffalo as he heads to the airport
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 10:48 a.m.
BiscuitBakesHotTaeks

You mean Jeff skinner: he of no contract.

And Brandon Montour has not shown enough to me to be considered a “good trade” yet
Apr. 17, 2019 at 10:59 a.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: Bostonbruins
Please tell me what should a team do when the Captain quits? Take the "C" away? Trade him for what ever one can receive? Or something else?

Whos captain quit? Jack didnt, he was one of the few who showed any ounce of heart and grit in March, aside from disappointing interviews where everyone else was all talk. But whats he supposed to do, throw his team mates under the bus like Reinhart did? (accident or not, the goalies played infinitely worse after his comments)
GMTD and SalamiCheese liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 11:03 a.m.
Eichel Tower
Quoting: BiscuitBakesandHotTaeks
You mean Jeff skinner: he of no contract.

And Brandon Montour has not shown enough to me to be considered a “good trade” yet

You typically offer great insight and verifiable observations, but I think you missed the target with Montour. I guess you did not notice that Montour was the best Sabre defenseman upon his arrival. During his tenure he had the most goals, most assists, most points and lowest +/-. You are correct, it was not a "GOOD" trade, it was a "great" trade.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 11:04 a.m.
Banned
Didnt get anything out of it in the end though, not even post season

& when you make a rental at the deadline for an even bigger price, there's no guarantee that you make playoffs either. But the difference is that now they've had a whole year to talk Skinner into an extension. Getting a rental gives you a few months
gretzkyghosts and GMTD liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 11:08 a.m.
Banned
Whos captain quit? Jack didnt, he was one of the few who showed any ounce of heart and grit in March, aside from disappointing interviews where everyone else was all talk. But whats he supposed to do, throw his team mates under the bus like Reinhart did? (accident or not, the goalies played infinitely worse after his comments)

The whole damn team quit. O'Reilly even came out and said it. Said it made him lose the drive to win or something like that because of it. In other words, the locker room needed a serious shake up. And once a guy says that to the media, he's all but requesting a trade. Wouldn't be shocked if behind the scenes he actually did request one. Botterill's hands were probably tied and no one knows about it. Can't blame him for making a move he mighta been forced into. & at the time, it was seen as a steep price to get O'Reilly. He just worked out well in St.Louis, no one coulda known that from the start though.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.

You are 100% correct, Eichel never quit on the team. This post is about Ryan O'Reilly, why would I be talking about Eichel. My question had to do with this post, I do not know how you could have missed that. Please try to keep up with the conversation in the future, and stay on topic. What do you do with a captain who announced he quit on the team, stated it publicly that he no longer loved the "game" kids "play" for the love of it? I am referring to the subject of this post Ryan O'Reilly.
Shibbal18 and GenXHockey liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 11:13 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

I can only assume he means Stamkos based on the title of this agm.

If this is about stamkos you come back next year more determined. The guy never quit.
GMTD and Bostonbruins liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 11:18 a.m.
Eichel Tower
Quoting: Ryminister_27
The whole damn team quit. O'Reilly even came out and said it. Said it made him lose the drive to win or something like that because of it. In other words, the locker room needed a serious shake up. And once a guy says that to the media, he's all but requesting a trade. Wouldn't be shocked if behind the scenes he actually did request one. Botterill's hands were probably tied and no one knows about it. Can't blame him for making a move he mighta been forced into. & at the time, it was seen as a steep price to get O'Reilly. He just worked out well in St.Louis, no one coulda known that from the start though.

OMW, I have been saying the same story for the entire year. BTW, right now it appears Betterall got Montour, Thompson and a 2nd for O'Reilly. Montour could be our best RHD, Thompson is tearing up the AHL and who knows what the second could bring.
You have no idea how great it is to hear this from another person. You cannot be a Sabre's fan because they only hear local sport writers points of view. You are offering an outsiders unfiltered perspective.
Bostonbruins and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 11:26 a.m.
Eichel Tower
Quoting: Jamiepo
I can only assume he means Stamkos based on the title of this agm.

If this is about stamkos you come back next year more determined. The guy never quit.

Since the trade involved O'Reilly and O'Reilly was in the title I think he was denigrating Betterall for trading away O'Reilly. But I agree with you. I watched every minute of the series, the Jackets were the more talented and determined team. Jones was the best defenseman, Bobrovsky was the best GK, Dubinsky never lost an important face off, Tortorella is one of the best coaches in the league, I cannot remember watching a team hold onto a lead as well as the Jackets did, adding Duchene and Dzingel to an already good line up was all they they needed. As a long time Sabre's fan, I can remember when Tortorella was being groomed to be the Sabres head coach, so I always root for the teams he is coaching.
Bostonbruins and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 11:30 a.m.
Shibbal18
You are 100% correct, Eichel never quit on the team. This post is about Ryan O'Reilly, why would I be talking about Eichel. My question had to do with this post, I do not know how you could have missed that. Please try to keep up with the conversation in the future, and stay on topic. What do you do with a captain who announced he quit on the team, stated it publicly that he no longer loved the "game" kids "play" for the love of it? I am referring to the subject of this post Ryan O'Reilly.

Because Eichel is the current captain, thats why i asked who
Bostonbruins liked this.
Apr. 17, 2019 at 11:35 a.m.
BiscuitBakesHotTaeks
Quoting: GMTD
You typically offer great insight and verifiable observations, but I think you missed the target with Montour. I guess you did not notice that Montour was the best Sabre defenseman upon his arrival. During his tenure he had the most goals, most assists, most points and lowest +/-. You are correct, it was not a "GOOD" trade, it was a "great" trade.

More of a comment on sample size. Montour was very good in his 20 games in Buffalo, but that’s not enough to call a trade good bad or great

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll