Forums/Armchair-GM

Miller Makar 8th Overall

Created by: TMLBRIAN
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: May 20, 2019
Published: May 20, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Am I about to get ruined for making this?!

I am giving up a lot in all the trades. So you can't say I am not paying enough. Now, I will understand the argument of X person or pick will never be traded, but in my mind, everyone can be had for the right price.

Just know I was just having fun making this. This isn't real life. (although it would be great if it all happened haha)
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,000,000
6$10,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,000,000
Trades
VGK
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. 2019 3rd round pick (TOR)
  3. 2020 2nd round pick (TOR)
  4. 2021 4th round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. 2019 1st round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Brown, Connor
  2. Kapanen, Kasperi [RFA Rights]
  3. 2019 2nd round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,000,000$76,770,666$0$2,582,500$6,229,334
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$10,250,000$10,250,000
RW
UFA - 6
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 20, 2019 at 5:43 p.m.
I'm a Vegas fan, I will take that trade and look forward to doing more business in the future smile
TMLBRIAN liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 5:46 p.m.
j_cash08
Don't think Colorado would be willing to move Makar. But if they did this would be great for Toronto. Massive upgrades on their defense and didn't hurt their offense very much.

Especially once Hyman comes back and it is..

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Matthews - Moore
Marleau - Kadri - Bracco
Ennis - Gauthier - Petan
TMLBRIAN liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 5:49 p.m.
Quoting: jcash08
Don't think Colorado would be willing to move Makar. But if they did this would be great for Toronto. Massive upgrades on their defense and didn't hurt their offense very much.

Especially once Hyman comes back and it is..

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Matthews - Moore
Marleau - Kadri - Bracco
Ennis - Gauthier - Petan

My thoughts exactly. Strongly doubt Makar will ever be available. But a package like this would definitely be what gets him if anything. The Leafs offence did take a big hit, but they have some guys in the minors who are tearing it up and will get a shot.

Would be fun!
May 20, 2019 at 5:50 p.m.
Quoting: Chips_n_beer
I'm a Vegas fan, I will take that trade and look forward to doing more business in the future smile

smile Overpay? Or about right?
May 20, 2019 at 5:53 p.m.
j_cash08
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
Read the description...

for the record I'm a Bruins fan, definetly don't like Toronto and thought this was far from "delusional"... fair trades all around!
TMLBRIAN liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 5:55 p.m.
Quoting: coga16
Oh I am having fun but this would be awesome if it would happen...yeah this isnt a joke thing, you are just trying to pass it off as having fun bc you dont want back lash with how bad that trade is

yea that isnt close to what it will take to get makar
May 20, 2019 at 5:58 p.m.
for the record I'm a Bruins fan, definetly don't like Toronto and thought this was far from "delusional"... fair trades all around!

Thanks for the unbiased opinion. smile
May 20, 2019 at 5:58 p.m.
Log off the internet
"I am giving up a lot in all the trades. So you can't say I am not paying enough. Now, I will understand the argument of X person or pick will never be traded, but in my mind, everyone can be had for the right price."

yeah okay bud
EthanBearForVezina and coga16 liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
I think we can all say that the odds of Makar being traded are slim to none... But if he were, you have to admit this is a very solid package for him. Elite level winger (potential centre), a high end defensive prospect + a B level winger prospect. Colorado would think hard on this if it were offered.

Nylander cant play C...lets not kid yourself, nor is he a driver of offence so he not an Elite level winger, he is a complimentary winger who can play with Elite talent...60 point wingers are far from "Elite"
Liljegren regressed last year from all reports, he did not have the step forward in the AHL that he should have at his age and a run
Der-Arguchintsev is another run of the mill Mid level prospect that every team has

No its not good enough for Avs to think about Makar who has all the hype and buzz with how he came in and shown that he can not only hang but dominate at this level while in the playoffs. There is a reason why hockey analysts are already predicting that this kid will win the Norris one day, and one day soon.
TJTwolf liked this.

then you have no idea who Cale Makar is if you think that
TJTwolf liked this.
Quoting: Hedman77
"I am giving up a lot in all the trades. So you can't say I am not paying enough. Now, I will understand the argument of X person or pick will never be traded, but in my mind, everyone can be had for the right price."

yeah okay bud

Care to elaborate? Break down the trades and you will see that they are all fair. Doesn't mean any this would actually happen. (Vegas trade is clearly the most plausible)
May 20, 2019 at 6:06 p.m.
Makar isnt going anywhere
TMLBRIAN, coga16 and TJTwolf liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 6:07 p.m.
Nylander cant play C...lets not kid yourself, nor is he a driver of offence so he not an Elite level winger, he is a complimentary winger who can play with Elite talent...60 point wingers are far from "Elite"
Liljegren regressed last year from all reports, he did not have the step forward in the AHL that he should have at his age and a run
Der-Arguchintsev is another run of the mill Mid level prospect that every team has

No its not good enough for Avs to think about Makar who has all the hype and buzz with how he came in and shown that he can not only hang but dominate at this level while in the playoffs. There is a reason why hockey analysts are already predicting that this kid will win the Norris one day, and one day soon.

Every analytical stat on Nylander says that you are wrong. He drives play and creates chances at an insane level. His shooting percentage was virtually none existent this year, hence his decrease in production. If he has a slight correction to that, which he should, he will be back to being an elite producer. His possession numbers an chances created are insanely high. And have you forgotten that he won the world championships MVP a few years back? He was making good players and teams look stupid. Now his value has dropped since then, because of this past year. But the odds of him rebounding and rebounding hard are quite high. As for Liljegren he got hurt and regressed, but since he has been back from injury has been great. Still a very solid D prospect. And yes Der-Arguchintsev is a mid level prospect. Definitely not the centre piece of this trade.

Makar is special, no one is arguing that. And I doubt that Colorado trades him. But this isn't a nothing package going back. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
May 20, 2019 at 6:07 p.m.
smile Overpay? Or about right?

Pretty close, maybe slightly over paying, you can take away either Holl or the 4th pick and I'd still take it
TMLBRIAN liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 6:08 p.m.
Quoting: moli92

Didn't think he would be going anywhere. Still fun to play around with big trades like this smile That's what this site is for.
May 20, 2019 at 6:14 p.m.
Every analytical stats on Nylander says that you are wrong. He drives play and creates chances at an insane level. His shooting percentage was virtually none existent this year, hence his decrease in production. If he has a slight correction to that, which he should, he will be back to being an elite producer. His possession numbers an chances created are insanely high. And have you forgotten that he won the world championships MVP a few years back? He was making good players and teams look stupid. Now his value has dropped since then, because of this past year. But the odds of him rebounding and rebounding hard are quite high. As for Liljegren he got hurt and regressed, but since he has been back from injury has been great. Still a very solid D prospect. And yes Der-Arguchintsev is a mid level prospect. Definitely not the centre piece of this trade.

Makar is special, no one is arguing that. And I doubt that Colorado trades him. But this isn't a nothing package going back. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

oh Nylander was able to analytically drive a line last year bc he was playing not he 3rd line? Right analytically be can against teams bottom 6 talent, give me a break. Nylander is good not elite. You were acting like he is a top 20 forward in this league, hes not even close
TJTwolf liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 6:17 p.m.
Quoting: moli92

Yeah, I can't imagine any team wanting to let go of a young rhd unicron once they have one.

But outta of curiosity, is Connor Timmins someone who could be had? If so, what would it take?
TMLBRIAN liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 6:20 p.m.
oh Nylander was able to analytically drive a line last year bc he was playing not he 3rd line? Right analytically be can against teams bottom 6 talent, give me a break. Nylander is good not elite. You were acting like he is a top 20 forward in this league, hes not even close

He has been doing it his entire career. Against any competition. And at this point definitely not a top 20 forward in the league. Does he have the potential to be? Sure. Will he get there? Who knows. Will Colorado trade Makar? Probably not. Would they be interested in this type of package? Probably. Would they still pull the trigger on the trade? They would lose sleep and probably stand pat.
May 20, 2019 at 6:21 p.m.
Edited May 20, 2019 at 6:45 p.m.
He has been doing it his entire career. Against any competition. And at this point definitely not a top 20 forward in the league. Does he have the potential to be? Sure. Will he get there? Who knows. Will Colorado trade Makar? Probably not. Would they be interested in this type of package? Probably. Would they still pull the trigger on the trade? They would lose sleep and probably stand pat.

They wouldnt ever be interested in this type of package...you are defending this too hard, its not fun for you, bc you actually think this was a good plausible trade. Like I said you put that in there bc you didn't want to get crapped on for posting a bad leaf homer trade.

To get Barrie you have to give up Nylander....you are going to have to try a lot harder to get Makar. Nylander would be laughed at as the "main piece" in a makar convo
TMLBRIAN and TJTwolf liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 6:31 p.m.
Quoting: blowing_the_zone
Yeah, I can't imagine any team wanting to let go of a young rhd unicron once they have one.

But outta of curiosity, is Connor Timmins someone who could be had? If so, what would it take?

Probably not, he missed all last season with a concussion and finally is cleared to fully train again. Avs wouldn’t do him dirty by trading him.

He was in Denver the whole year and was practicing with the team when injured even after shut down for the year. The .org is still very high on him
TJTwolf liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 6:47 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
If I'm Edmonton I wouldn't trade that 1st round pick for Kapanen, Brown, 2nd but I'm not as high on Kapanen as so many others are.

Replace Holl with one of Rosen or Borgman and remove one or two of the picks and I bet Vegas takes that deal.

Can't see Makar getting traded but it'd all depend on if the Avs thought Nylander will rebound but even then it's so very very doubtful, Makar has Norris Trophy winner written all over him.

I think your Marner signing is really damn close to what his contract is gonna be.
May 20, 2019 at 6:47 p.m.
Probably not, he missed all last season with a concussion and finally is cleared to fully train again. Avs wouldn’t do him dirty by trading him.

He was in Denver the whole year and was practicing with the team when injured even after shut down for the year. The .org is still very high on him

That was kinda my understanding of the situation. But Given Dubas history with Timmons, I could see him having lots of interest if he could be had...

You guys really do have something special developing with your d with guys like Makar, Girard and with Timmons on his way.
TJTwolf liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 6:50 p.m.
That was kinda my understanding of the situation. But Given Dubas history with Timmons, I could see him having lots of interest if he could be had...

You guys really do have something special developing with your d with guys like Makar, Girard and with Timmons on his way.

The way Sakic spoke about Timmins as his year end presser, the made it sound like the expect him to be on the NHL roster next year. which is why they could entertain trading Barrie with Makar, Girard, EJ, Cole, Mads...Timmins and Melcohe fighting for spots, they could even draft Byram at 4. They have a lot of options with their D core now and for the next decade
TJTwolf liked this.
May 20, 2019 at 7:06 p.m.
The way Sakic spoke about Timmins as his year end presser, the made it sound like the expect him to be on the NHL roster next year. which is why they could entertain trading Barrie with Makar, Girard, EJ, Cole, Mads...Timmins and Melcohe fighting for spots, they could even draft Byram at 4. They have a lot of options with their D core now and for the next decade

Yeah, you guys are looking good with your d moving forward. Kinda envious really..

I'd say we've been doing pretty well with drafting and developing wingers i.e. Marner, Nylander, Johnsson, with Bracco on the horizon and the trades that brought in Kappy and Hyman when they were still prospects. And we might not be far off from some of our d prospects making the jump and taking on a bigger role i.e Dermott, Sandin, Lilly.

In theory I could see how a trade between the Leafs and Colorado could make some sense i.e a young winger for a d prospect.. and I could easily see why Sakic would be happy to keep what he has.
May 20, 2019 at 7:11 p.m.
Yeah, you guys are looking good with your d moving forward. Kinda envious really..

I'd say we've been doing pretty well with drafting and developing wingers i.e. Marner, Nylander, Johnsson, with Bracco on the horizon and the trades that brought in Kappy and Hyman when they were still prospects. And we might not be far off from some of our d prospects making the jump and taking on a bigger role i.e Dermott, Sandin, Lilly.

In theory I could see how a trade between the Leafs and Colorado could make some sense i.e a young winger for a d prospect.. and I could easily see why Sakic would be happy to keep what he has.

they won't be trading any young players prospects, they are building something here, their window is just opening and it would be foolish to move young promising pieces in their pipeline to try to win now. That is why Toronto is in the situation is in now. They got impatient, they signed 18m in cap space in 2 UFA with Marleau Tavares, they are moving picks for guys like Muzzin bc they can't afford to wait for young players due to their tight cap situation .

The lessons are there for the Avs,

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll