SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Do you think this team can win the Stanley Cup as currently construed?

Can they win the Stanley Cup?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 4, 2020 at 6:05 p.m.
@Trickster @oneX

What do you guys think about an 88.2 million dollar cap next year?

I'll believe it when I see it. The NBA tried this and it backfired, marginal players we're getting paid and later became hard contacts to move. I will say to hear that $84 is the floor is pretty good tho.
Trickster and oneX liked this.
Mar. 4, 2020 at 6:28 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
@Trickster @oneX

I'll believe it when I see it. The NBA tried this and it backfired, marginal players we're getting paid and later became hard contacts to move. I will say to hear that $84 is the floor is pretty good tho.

I do not think it will be that high.
84 to 88 million is the range.

I'm gonna go for the safe bet and say it will be about 85.5 million.

If by chance its 88 million then trading Kerfoot and Johnsson for cap space might net us Pietrangelo as a UFA
oneX and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Mar. 4, 2020 at 7:07 p.m.
@Trickster @oneX

Uh..the floor won't be 84 million...that's not my understanding of it. If it is, that will still inflate the salaries of those bottom 6 type players.

I think the cap will rise to about 85 million or so.I have hard time believing it goes to 88 million.
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Mar. 4, 2020 at 7:20 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: oneX
Uh..the floor won't be 84 million...that's not my understanding of it. If it is, that will still inflate the salaries of those bottom 6 type players.

I think the cap will rise to about 85 million or so.I have hard time believing it goes to 88 million.

@Trickster @oneX

I think he meant that at minimum the cap will 84 million
Mar. 4, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
@Trickster @oneX

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/314203
Mar. 4, 2020 at 8:42 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster
I do not think it will be that high.
84 to 88 million is the range.

I'm gonna go for the safe bet and say it will be about 85.5 million.

If by chance its 88 million then trading Kerfoot and Johnsson for cap space might net us Pietrangelo as a UFA

Me too. $85.5 would be nice! Especially after we all thought it would be $83.5 most likely.

Yeah, if the cap increases that substantially Petro starts to make more sense.
Trickster liked this.
Mar. 4, 2020 at 8:46 p.m.

I didn't mean the floor of the cap, I meant the floor because I read it's going to be between $84-88.2 and we thought it would be $83.5 so the floor of the ceiling would be higher than we expected... If that makes sense lol.

Me too. I don't see it going to 88 but I'm still projecting between $84-85.5 range myself. Either way it's good news.
Mar. 4, 2020 at 8:47 p.m.
I think he meant that at minimum the cap will 84 million

Yes I did, thank you sir! You explained it a lot better than I.
Mar. 5, 2020 at 9:37 a.m.
Edited Mar. 5, 2020 at 9:45 a.m.
The cost of correcting the McElhinny mistake ie Campbell trade added to the Kadri trade not panning out equalled to a lost year. Although Barrie has been better lately with the added ice time it doesn't make up for the fact that Kerfoot couldn't tie Kadri skates. Honestly I never thought the logjam on the forward left side would change so much so fast. Marleau traded then Hyman hurt Mickey hurt Johnson hurt and Timashov lost on waivers have definitely not helped. To say we missed Brownie would be an understatement as moving Kapanen up and down the line up and on the left side almost cost him this year in development. Brownie made it look so easy. Shockingly one wonders how we could have made it this far without Spezza shoring up the bottom six. We all know the defensive woes all too well. Dermott injury scewing up half his season. Ceci Barrie absence in thier own ends. But the cost of fixing cap issues and past decisions left the cupboard too bare to get that one difference maker on the back end.No offense to muzz . He cant play 60 min a game.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 12:39 a.m.
Absolutely not a snowballs chance in hell. Although I do think they match up better vs Tampa then Boston and could win a round.... maybe.
The team is not bad, just young and immature, which translates into their inconsistency. Too many players taking the night off. They are also too soft on the wings... with Hyman and Clifford being the only real push-back up front. The defense is even worse, no grit, no physical power. This team is skill heavy and far too one-dimensional in that regard. They need a big-strong forward who can follow through on big hits and a D-man other than Muzzin who can clear opposition away from the net. Justin Holl is getting better in this regard but a solid "stay-at-home" d-man would be a big help. I would like to see them make an offer to Alex Petierangelo... I like Philip Myers in Philly and Josh Manson would be another great addition. Those are the type of players they need to acquire. Moving Kapenen, Johnson, Bracco, Dermott and possibly Liljgren would be required to get those players.
Other players I think could help adress some issues:
Lawson Crouse - (big body, solid checker, good leadership, pairs up well on 3rd and 4th Left wing)
Marcus Foligno - (plays with some edge, hard checker, rounds out 3rd and 4th line right wing)
Joe Thornton might be an interesting addition at trade deadline in 2021.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 8:36 p.m.
Quoting: X27
Absolutely not a snowballs chance in hell. Although I do think they match up better vs Tampa then Boston and could win a round.... maybe.
The team is not bad, just young and immature, which translates into their inconsistency. Too many players taking the night off. They are also too soft on the wings... with Hyman and Clifford being the only real push-back up front. The defense is even worse, no grit, no physical power. This team is skill heavy and far too one-dimensional in that regard. They need a big-strong forward who can follow through on big hits and a D-man other than Muzzin who can clear opposition away from the net. Justin Holl is getting better in this regard but a solid "stay-at-home" d-man would be a big help. I would like to see them make an offer to Alex Petierangelo... I like Philip Myers in Philly and Josh Manson would be another great addition. Those are the type of players they need to acquire. Moving Kapenen, Johnson, Bracco, Dermott and possibly Liljgren would be required to get those players.
Other players I think could help adress some issues:
Lawson Crouse - (big body, solid checker, good leadership, pairs up well on 3rd and 4th Left wing)
Marcus Foligno - (plays with some edge, hard checker, rounds out 3rd and 4th line right wing)
Joe Thornton might be an interesting addition at trade deadline in 2021.

What do those other team's want for those players tho?
Trickster liked this.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 8:52 p.m.
@Trickster...how could you take thet bleep suckers side over mine or even take his side in general... I've always had your back even when I don't fully agree with you... This guys a bleep sucker he can come to the hammer and I'll deal with him but how could you go against me like that... Being impartial to someone who wants to have a conversation with me like that, is different but come on man... You and @oneX I got your guys back no matter what but I except the same... I wouldn't eff with you guys no matter what because I got too much respect for you guys but I'd hope u'd have my back too and not feed me to the wolves because I'd carve them up and cover you guys in an instance... I've talked to you guys since I've been on here and I have more respect for you two than anybody else but I expect u guys to have my back too.
Trickster liked this.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 8:53 p.m.
@Trickster...how could you take thet bleep suckers side over mine or even take his side in general... I've always had your back even when I don't fully agree with you... This guys a bleep sucker he can come to the hammer and I'll deal with him but how could you go against me like that... Being impartial to someone who wants to have a conversation with me like that, is different but come on man... You and @oneX I got your guys back no matter what but I except the same... I wouldn't eff with you guys no matter what because I got too much respect for you guys but I'd hope u'd have my back too and not feed me to the wolves because I'd carve them up and cover you guys in an instance... I've talked to you guys since I've been on here and I have more respect for you two than anybody else but I expect u guys to have my back too.

Btw, I've added him to the ignore list but I'll see if he wants to have a "conversation" with me... Lol
Trickster liked this.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 10:44 p.m.
Btw, I've added him to the ignore list but I'll see if he wants to have a "conversation" with me... Lol

@Trickster do you agree with me or not??? Or am I taking it to far??? What say you bro???
Trickster liked this.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 10:45 p.m.
hey look a squirrel

You misunderstand me but I will apologize if I made you feel this way.

I fully support your Zacha idea even now, infact it is still my choice of direction for improving our C on line 3 defensively.

But I think it is important to note that if someone presents something that is supported by facts it is important to listen, I would want anyone else to do the same.

My intention was not go against you but rather to listen to someone's else view point.

Trust, I'm all aboard your Zacha train and furthermore not I only will I want you opinon anything but I will purposely seek it out because I want to see what you think... reason is simple, I think your highly intelligent person.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 10:47 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
@Trickster do you agree with me or not??? Or am I taking it to far??? What say you bro???

I'm with you man.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 10:58 p.m.
hey look a squirrel

Yo what you think of Yelech new deal?
Mar. 6, 2020 at 10:59 p.m.
You misunderstand me but I will apologize if I made you feel this way.

I fully support your Zacha idea even now, infact it is still my choice of direction for improving our C on line 3 defensively.

But I think it is important to note that if someone presents something that is supported by facts it is important to listen, I would want anyone else to do the same.

My intention was not go against you but rather to listen to someone's else view point.

Trust, I'm all aboard your Zacha train and furthermore not I only will I want you opinon anything but I will purposely seek it out because I want to see what you think... reason is simple, I think your highly intelligent person.

Bro, I'm not going against you... Maybe I'm just pissef at the other guy and not thinking clearly which is why I want your opinion because I also think you're a highly intelligent person!!! For real bro, and I get your premise but this guys a ****in clown and we know how to handle people like that in Hamilton so I'm not worried about this jack off, but I only want you to support me if you actually like the idea... I've talked to you and @oneX for pretty much the whole time I've been on here and respect your two's opinion more than @palhal or @Jamiepo or Random but they are next for me, not a knock against them at all but you two are my boys and I got your backs no matter what!!!! Seriously though only like him if you like him because I don't want to be the reason you change your mind!!! Also, I should note hat I like how you challenge me and come up with better ideas that I did not think we're possible!!! You're the king bro!!!

I would too, but this guy is missing the bigger picture and my dead grandpa wasn't wrong in what he thought me behe thought Pat Quinn... Although, he didn't like or want him to take put Bobby orr's knee.

I get that bro, but he was being a dick and didn't want to have a conversation you get my point?
Mar. 6, 2020 at 10:59 p.m.

I'm not even sure who is being talked about. I did say I was not familiar with Zacha as a defensive 3C. The should all but disqualify me from Zacha talks lol
Trickster and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:00 p.m.
I'm with you man.

Thanks bro
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:01 p.m.
Yo what you think of Yelech new deal?

Too much for a small mammals key like Milwaukee!!! It will come back to haunt them sooner rather than later IMO.
Trickster liked this.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:02 p.m.
Too much for a small market like Milwaukee!!! It will come back to haunt them sooner rather than later IMO.
Trickster liked this.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:02 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Bro, I'm not going against you... Maybe I'm just pissef at the other guy and not thinking clearly which is why I want your opinion because I also think you're a highly intelligent person!!! For real bro, and I get your premise but this guys a ****in clown and we know how to handle people like that in Hamilton so I'm not worried about this jack off, but I only want you to support me if you actually like the idea... I've talked to you and @oneX for pretty much the whole time I've been on here and respect your two's opinion more than @palhal or @Jamiepo or Random but they are next for me, not a knock against them at all but you two are my boys and I got your backs no matter what!!!! Seriously though only like him if you like him because I don't want to be the reason you change your mind!!! Also, I should note hat I like how you challenge me and come up with better ideas that I did not think we're possible!!! You're the king bro!!!

I would too, but this guy is missing the bigger picture and my dead grandpa wasn't wrong in what he thought me behe thought Pat Quinn... Although, he didn't like or want him to take put Bobby orr's knee.

I get that bro, but he was being a dick and didn't want to have a conversation you get my point?

I totally see your point.
Say no more.

I have run into other with that type of attitude before, more than I want to.
oneX and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:04 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Too much for a small mammals key like Milwaukee!!! It will come back to haunt them sooner rather than later IMO.

Wow surprised your saying that.
Hasn't Yelech been consistently good?
oneX liked this.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:07 p.m.
I'm not even sure who is being talked about. I did say I was not familiar with Zacha as a defensive 3C. The should all but disqualify me from Zacha talks lol

I didn't mean to bring you into these specific talks but you've gone against me when I've had your back and just wondering why??? It's not like I always agreed with you.... But I was more or less talking to @Trickster your brother or cousin or son or whatever, ..lol
Trickster liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit