SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Best Trade of the Day

Feb. 24, 2020 at 6:34 p.m.
1. Which NHL team had the best Trade Deadline Day?

2. Which trade will be the most impactful?
Feb. 24, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
1. I think EDM and CAR had the best days. AA is gonna be an absolute stud on McDavid's wing. CAR took a big gamble on Vinnie Trocheck, but could hit a walk off HR if he returns to his form from 2 seasons ago. Adding Vatanen was sneaky good, imo.

2. I think the J.G. Pageau trade will be the most impactful move. He's such a solid all-around player. He excels on special teams and he's great defensively. A+ for Lou and the Isles.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 7:07 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Carolina was obviously the most active, and on paper a lot of this looks good. I'm not huge on Skjei, but I think Trocheck and Vatanen are great fits. I can easily see Skjei working very well there, but I'm not completely sold. I'm sure a lesser role will help him, though.

It's tough to say what the most impactful trade will be, given that most playoff teams added some sort of complementary piece. I do think the Athanasiou trade has a lot of potential for the Oilers, but I can also see it being a problem. I will say this - Barclay Goodrow getting the Sharks a first round pick is HUGE for them. Having at least one first in this first round is vitally important for them, even if it's pick 31. Not sure what Tampa is doing right now. They went from trades like JT Miller and Ryan McDonagh for depth pieces and Nils Lundkvist to trading away two firsts and a top prospect for two bottom six forwards. I'm stunned
mhockey91, Brian2016 and justaBoss liked this.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 9:47 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Carolina was obviously the most active, and on paper a lot of this looks good. I'm not huge on Skjei, but I think Trocheck and Vatanen are great fits. I can easily see Skjei working very well there, but I'm not completely sold. I'm sure a lesser role will help him, though.

It's tough to say what the most impactful trade will be, given that most playoff teams added some sort of complementary piece. I do think the Athanasiou trade has a lot of potential for the Oilers, but I can also see it being a problem. I will say this - Barclay Goodrow getting the Sharks a first round pick is HUGE for them. Having at least one first in this first round is vitally important for them, even if it's pick 31. Not sure what Tampa is doing right now. They went from trades like JT Miller and Ryan McDonagh for depth pieces and Nils Lundkvist to trading away two firsts and a top prospect for two bottom six forwards. I'm stunned

Can you imagine if Tampa gets bounced early? That 1st rounder is gonna look pretty sweet for SJS. I actually like the Coleman trade, but I'm a biassed Devils fan.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 9:49 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Brian2016
Can you imagine if Tampa gets bounced early? That 1st rounder is gonna look pretty sweet for SJS. I actually like the Coleman trade, but I'm a biassed Devils fan.

Of course you do, as a Devil's fan.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 10:07 a.m.
1. Biased butttt I think the bruins had the best couple days. They might have finally found someone to play krejcis wing (needs to stay healthy of course). They gained an additional 5.8m in cap space for next year most of that can go right to krug if they resign him. Got the Backes contract off their books and really didnt overpay to do it. got a physical body in ritchie (im kinda shocked heinen went for that little but ill take the return it was inevitable).

2. Most impactful, 3 way tie. Florida getting rid of trochek, San Jose getting a first for goodrow, Pitt adding rodrigues and sheary for kahun.
Brian2016 liked this.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 10:51 a.m.
torontos finest
Best: Carolina and Ottawa. The Hurricanes have reinforcements for the playoffs and Ottawa has a slew of picks for a deep draft.

Most Impactful: Won't truly know until the playoffs, but Pageau and Athanasiou are the likely contenders.
Brian2016 liked this.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 3:28 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
Best: Carolina and Ottawa. The Hurricanes have reinforcements for the playoffs and Ottawa has a slew of picks for a deep draft.

Most Impactful: Won't truly know until the playoffs, but Pageau and Athanasiou are the likely contenders.

I totally overlooked OTT. Probably b/c they've made so many terrible le moves in recent years. But, they've had a monster 12 months. If they develop properly, they could be a really good team for a long time.
palhal liked this.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 3:34 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
1. Biased butttt I think the bruins had the best couple days. They might have finally found someone to play krejcis wing (needs to stay healthy of course). They gained an additional 5.8m in cap space for next year most of that can go right to krug if they resign him. Got the Backes contract off their books and really didnt overpay to do it. got a physical body in ritchie (im kinda shocked heinen went for that little but ill take the return it was inevitable).

2. Most impactful, 3 way tie. Florida getting rid of trochek, San Jose getting a first for goodrow, Pitt adding rodrigues and sheary for kahun.

I think the big losers were Parise/MIN and Jumbo. Clearly, nobody wants Thornton at any price...too old, too slow. Parise thought he was getting a fresh start and now MIN knows for sure they're stiuck with him for the entire 13 years...ouch! Jumbo needs to retire.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 3:52 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
I think the big losers were Parise/MIN and Jumbo. Clearly, nobody wants Thornton at any price...too old, too slow. Parise thought he was getting a fresh start and now MIN knows for sure they're stiuck with him for the entire 13 years...ouch! Jumbo needs to retire.

it really wasnt stated whether teams were inquiring on thornton or not. Bruins realistically dont need another center. they have a bunch. thornton would be an upgrade over lindholm, but hes also only getting 4th line role here. cost to acquire was probably too high depending on situation.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll