Forums/Armchair-GM

LEAFS GO ALL IN WITH PIETRANGELO

Created by: TMLSage
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 13, 2020
Published: Apr. 13, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The Leafs clearly have to be considered favourites after Pietrangelo decides to come home to Toronto as a UFA and win another Stanley Cup.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,800,000
2$1,800,000
2$900,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$7,500,000
2$1,400,000
2$850,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (WPG)
TOR
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (ANA)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$84,000,000$81,749,783$0$0$2,250,217
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 5
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,500,000$7,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,375,000$1,375,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 13, 2020 at 1:38 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: TMLSage
You do not seem to realize that the Leafs have actually been building a real powerhouse while you have been sleeping at the wheel.

The leafs have been building nothing since dubas gave 40 millions to 4 forward hand try to patch the roster with ****ty players. This is pathetic.
justaBoss and Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 1:41 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: Sebybbq
Yes its is the worst division with Detroit, Ottawa, Buffalo, Montreal all playing under .500 even Florida wasn’t a force this year.

If there someone who doesn’t make sense day after day on that platform it you my friend. A hockey team is built with 23 players and you win with those 23 players. This team depth is terrible. Sandin is a great prospect who have done nothing yet in Nhl, Dermott is terrible, Holl wouldn’t be on the roster for the 15 other qualify playoff team. You don’t have any character players up front, goaltending have been a issues this year. Stop pretending the leafs are on of the best team when the are not. They are a second tier team right now.

The Leafs actually had one of the better records in the entire NHL after Sheldon Keefe took over coaching from Mike Babcock and when you consider that Rielly was playing hurt for most of season and then was injured for alot of games, Muzzen injured for alot of games and Dermott injured for a number of games your observations are totally out to lunch.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 1:42 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: NYRxLundqvist
Lol you are full of yourself. Back then hockey was no where near what it was for America as for Canada. When your only two Canadian teams are Montreal and Toronto you got all those “Canadian kids” going to play for their favorite team so don’t act like you didn’t have a majorly stacked team. Also hate to break it to you but your team sucks and you want to know why you’re not going to win a cup and Matthews is going to leave you is because your gm is not a smart guy. you have 3 young stars in Matthews marner and nylander and what does he do goes and give Tavares 11mil to do what play second or take the captaincy from Matthews. He should’ve used that money to get a top dman to play with Reilly or spread it around so you had better depth. I can’t wait for in 4 years when Matthews goes to az and you get nothing and no cup.

This guy is completely delusional! He have been like that all year. So funny to read all the bullshat he can wrote in a day. This team play in the worst division and had all kind of trouble winning game but they are supposedly the best hockey team in the league. A POWERHOUSE team supposedly.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 1:43 a.m.
GM - Canucks
The leafs have been building nothing since dubas gave 40 millions to 4 forward hand try to patch the roster with ****ty players. This is pathetic.

You talk like you think the Leafs strategy will not work in the long-term because of one weird season involving alot of injuries and a coaching change mid way through the season and a season that had no playoffs to see if strategy would be ultimately tested for success.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 1:47 a.m.
GM - Canucks
This guy is completely delusional! He have been like that all year. So funny to read all the bullshat he can wrote in a day. This team play in the worst division and had all kind of trouble winning game but they are supposedly the best hockey team in the league. A POWERHOUSE team supposedly.

Why do you think Barabanov agreed to sign with the Leafs over 20 other NHL teams????????

You seem to have no realization of the full potential of the Leafs and they remind me of a young Islanders and Ollers team that went on to win multiple Cups. You need to wake up and start smelling the roses and enjoy the greatness of this young team and appreciate the Leafs.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 1:49 a.m.
Mods have power egos
You sound like a jealous Ranger fan who dreams of one day cheering for a team like the Leafs. You say the GM is not smart yet he is the only GM in the NHL building a 3 tier hockey development system and just wait till you see Brazeau come through the system and be a star on the Leafs and then you will remember what I told you tonight. You need to wake up and pay attention to what the Leafs are doing behind the scenes to build a winner which the Rangers have been sleeping a wheel for years.

Is you only comeback sleeping at the wheel lol. And if Retter have the rangers defense rn than the leafs only thing you got going for you is Matthews lol. And for that 3 tier development system why where the Marlies 7th in the north if you has such a great development system lol. You’re a goofy tml fan like 90% of them who think everyone wants to play for the leafs. Little secret not everyone wants to play for the leafs. Also not only have you not won a cup in 50yrs but that was also the last time you made the finals imagine trying to compete and rebuilding for 50 years and neither works. Rangers made the finals 6 years ago and are consider top 3 prospect pools. And trust me when I say I would never be jealous of the maple laughs
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 1:51 a.m.
Mods have power egos

Kids a goof I don’t know why I’m even still responding trying to talk to a leafs fans is like talking to a wall that’s has a we’re the best sign on it
Pharow liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 1:54 a.m.
Banned
The Leafs actually had one of the better records in the entire NHL after Sheldon Keefe took over coaching from Mike Babcock and when you consider that Rielly was playing hurt for most of season and then was injured for alot of games, Muzzen injured for alot of games and Dermott injured for a number of games your observations are totally out to lunch.

Actually Toronto had one great winning streak but for the rest they where awful. There where a 500 team without that amazing streak. And no they are not one of the best team since Keefe got there mid November. They still suck on defense and keefe didnt miraculously change that like you seem to pretend.
NYRxLundqvist liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 1:56 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Is you only comeback sleeping at the wheel lol. And if Retter have the rangers defense rn than the leafs only thing you got going for you is Matthews lol. And for that 3 tier development system why where the Marlies 7th in the north if you has such a great development system lol. You’re a goofy tml fan like 90% of them who think everyone wants to play for the leafs. Little secret not everyone wants to play for the leafs. Also not only have you not won a cup in 50yrs but that was also the last time you made the finals imagine trying to compete and rebuilding for 50 years and neither works. Rangers made the finals 6 years ago and are consider top 3 prospect pools. And trust me when I say I would never be jealous of the maple laughs

The only reason you have the top 3 prospect pool is that your team has been just terrible for years. Pretty bad when management tells season ticket holders we are going to strip this team to the bones and start the rebuild.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 1:58 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Actually Toronto had one great winning streak but for the rest they where awful. There where a 500 team without that amazing streak. And no they are not one of the best team since Keefe got there mid November. They still suck on defense and keefe didnt miraculously change that like you seem to pretend.

How do you think any team would do with its top 2 defenseman in Rielly and Muzzen both out at same time with injuries. Your statement of Leafs not being one of best teams since Keefe took over is incorrect.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 1:59 a.m.
Mods have power egos
The only reason you have the top 3 prospect pool is that your team has been just terrible for years. Pretty bad when management tells season ticket holders we are going to strip this team to the bones and start the rebuild.

We’ve been bad for 3 years but ok and I’d rather management tell me they’re going to actually work on making a proper team than do what the leafs do and throw s*** at the wall and see what sticks
Apr. 13, 2020 at 1:59 a.m.
GM - Canucks

I think Dubas will be making one move to improve the defence in the offseason but the defence is not nearly as bad as you are trying to mislead other capfriendly viewers out of your jealously for the Leafs.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:01 a.m.
Banned
Why do you think Barabanov agreed to sign with the Leafs over 20 other NHL teams????????

You seem to have no realization of the full potential of the Leafs and they remind me of a young Islanders and Ollers team that went on to win multiple Cups. You need to wake up and start smelling the roses and enjoy the greatness of this young team and appreciate the Leafs.

This is blasphemy! They are nothing like those great dynasty. When your team will win a championship maybe you can start making those kind of comparison but for now abstain yourself. This team have done nothing yet and cannot win a playoff serie so stop with this bullshat. I am done with you. I will abstain myself of telling you what i think about you because it won’t be good .
CD282 liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:01 a.m.
GM - Canucks
We’ve been bad for 3 years but ok and I’d rather management tell me they’re going to actually work on making a proper team than do what the leafs do and throw s*** at the wall and see what sticks

Bad for only 3 years??? Your team has done nothing since Messier was captain.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:04 a.m.
Mods have power egos

At least we made the finals what’s has your team done in the past 50 years. And won a presidents😘
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:06 a.m.
GM - Canucks
This is blasphemy! They are nothing like those great dynasty. When your team will win a championship maybe you can start making those kind of comparison but for now abstain yourself. This team have done nothing yet and cannot win a playoff serie so stop with this bullshat. I am done with you. I will abstain myself of telling you what i think about you because it won’t be good .

Listen I watched both the great Islander and Oiler teams flounder for a few years before they broke through to their championship years and can see the same thing happening with this current Leafs core group. I know it is hard for you to realize this and look that far ahead but I can assure you that it is going to happen and you will be remembering that I told you this tonight.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:07 a.m.
Banned

So you don’t fallow hockey at all? You watch only Toronto game and pretend to know all about hockey. The rangers have been in three conference final and one Nhl final between 2012 and 2015 season. How many Cup final did the leafs play the past decade ?
CD282 and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:07 a.m.
GM - Canucks
At least we made the finals what’s has your team done in the past 50 years. And won a presidents😘

I would sooner not make the finals and be a loser in the finals because it actually screws up your team for years as the players never recover from the loss.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:09 a.m.
Mods have power egos
I would sooner not make the finals and be a loser in the finals because it actually screws up your team for years as the players never recover from the loss.

Kiddo go to sleep before mommy comes and yells at you
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:10 a.m.
I would have too agree with everything you have said but I still think Anderson is a much stronger goalie when he is playing up to his capabilities.

Andersen is 100% more proven, but that also comes with being 5 years older. I take Rittich over Andersen as I see them having similar ceilings
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:11 a.m.
GM - Canucks
So you don’t fallow hockey at all? You watch only Toronto game and pretend to know all about hockey. The rangers have been in three conference final and one Nhl final between 2012 and 2015 season. How many Cup final did the leafs play the past decade ?

All teams go through periods of success and failure and did you know the Leafs actually won 4 Stanley Cups during the 1960's.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:12 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Kiddo go to sleep before mommy comes and yells at you

Just getting a little defensive tonight when you are not making much sense to me and the rest of the capfriendly viewers on this post.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:13 a.m.
Banned
Listen I watched both the great Islander and Oiler teams flounder for a few years before they broke through to their championship years and can see the same thing happening with this current Leafs core group. I know it is hard for you to realize this and look that far ahead but I can assure you that it is going to happen and you will be remembering that I told you this tonight.

And maybe you are not aware of that since you clearly didn’t watch any if those two dynasty play. The islanders have stared already played 3 conference final 5 years after they drafted denis potvin and brian trottier and won the cup two year after bossy was in. The oilers had won their first cup only four year after Gretzky debut having played in the final one year prior.

The leafs havent one a round in the playoff 4 years in so calm down .
TMLSage and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:14 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Andersen is 100% more proven, but that also comes with being 5 years older. I take Rittich over Andersen as I see them having similar ceilings

I just thought it might be a good fit for both teams as Calgary could use that proven goaltender with confidence for rest of team while Leafs get a cheaper but competent goalie to allow them to sign Pietrangelo.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:17 a.m.
I just thought it might be a good fit for both teams as Calgary could use that proven goaltender with confidence for rest of team while Leafs get a cheaper but competent goalie to allow them to sign Pietrangelo.

I can tell you right now Pietrangelo will not be a Leaf next year. The team simply cannot afford it. As for Calgary's reason it is horrible asset management. Rittich is still an RFA at the end of his deal and is very well liked by the team
TMLSage liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll