Forums/Armchair-GM

LEAFS GO ALL IN WITH PIETRANGELO

Created by: TMLSage
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 13, 2020
Published: Apr. 13, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The Leafs clearly have to be considered favourites after Pietrangelo decides to come home to Toronto as a UFA and win another Stanley Cup.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,800,000
2$1,800,000
2$900,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$7,500,000
2$1,400,000
2$850,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (WPG)
TOR
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (ANA)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$84,000,000$81,749,783$0$0$2,250,217
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 5
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,500,000$7,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,375,000$1,375,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:18 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: Sebybbq
And maybe you are not aware of that since you clearly didn’t watch any if those two dynasty play. The islanders have stared already played 3 conference final 5 years after they drafted denis potvin and brian trottier and won the cup two year after bossy was in. The oilers had won their first cup only four year after Gretzky debut having played in the final one year prior.

The leafs havent one a round in the playoff 4 years in so calm down .

I actually watched both of those great teams. The Islanders had been assembling a number of great players before they broke through after making a significant trade to acquire Butch Goring which put them over the top.

The Oilers broke through because they had one scout named Barry Fraser that starting hitting home runs on multiple players at the draft for a 3 year period and have not seen a scouting job like this ever in the NHL to this day.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:22 a.m.
GM - Canucks
And maybe you are not aware of that since you clearly didn’t watch any if those two dynasty play. The islanders have stared already played 3 conference final 5 years after they drafted denis potvin and brian trottier and won the cup two year after bossy was in. The oilers had won their first cup only four year after Gretzky debut having played in the final one year prior.

The leafs havent one a round in the playoff 4 years in so calm down .
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:28 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: TMLSage
Do you have any idea of how much in endorsements a year that Pietrangelo would make playing in Toronto?

You do realize that Pietrangelo is from Toronto and his favourite team growing up was Toronto?

You do realize that Pietrangelo is good friends with Tavares?

You also should realize that the Blues winning a cup was a total fluke and will never happen again?

You also realize that Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Rielly are probably the best young core in the NHL and in a great position to win multilpe cups in Toronto?

You probably do not understand this but if Pietrangelo would win a cup in Toronto which is the hockey universe of the world that he would go down in history as a hero and be worshiped by the biggest hockey fan base in the world.

I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying it could happen and Pietrangelo comes to Toronto and where there is smoke there is fire and the Leafs have the resources to sign him and the Pietrangelo rumours comming to Toronto are only going to get stronger because the Blues have still not resigned him yet and he sure looks like he is going to hit the UFA market where anything can happen. Also, why would Blues sign Falk long term is they wanted to sign Pietrangelo?

You sound biased and delusional.
CD282, Fox_Czar_Cup, Pharow and 2 others liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 6:44 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I really don't know of any team that Pietrangelo would have any interest in going (Cup contender) that can afford 9.5m without removing important parts of their team, which so many imply
Foolish to think the tax situation with the Leaf is much different than Missouri. Why is this such as big thing on CapFriendlly when it isn't in any other professional sport.
Why do Flames do that trade?
Are the Leafs really better having to pay for Pietrangelo if it means having Barbanov and Clifford as top 4 wingers or Engvall as a 3C as posted.
CD282, justaBoss and Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 7:51 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
I really don't know of any team that Pietrangelo would have any interest in going (Cup contender) that can afford 9.5m without removing important parts of their team, which so many imply
Foolish to think the tax situation with the Leaf is much different than Missouri. Why is this such as big thing on CapFriendlly when it isn't in any other professional sport.
Why do Flames do that trade?
Are the Leafs really better having to pay for Pietrangelo if it means having Barbanov and Clifford as top 4 wingers or Engvall as a 3C as posted.

The difference between St Louis and Toronto on a $9.5M salary is $902,500 in the Missouri city's favor.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 7:59 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: CD282
The difference between St Louis and Toronto on a $9.5M salary is $902,500 in the Missouri city's favor.

Why would Pietrangelo pay personal income tax rates as a Ontario resident if he was a Leaf?
Apr. 13, 2020 at 8:12 a.m.
Banned
The NHL as you and I both know it is really going to change because of Covid. You need to wake up and realiize that Pietrangelo could be on the move.

Maybe but he sure isn't signing that garbage offer you just gave him, Heck Detroit could offer him 7 years $70 million and not bash an eyelid. Not saying he'd sign there but they can definitely give him the most money.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 8:14 a.m.
Banned
Zero chance in hell Pietrangelo takes that offer, Try more like 7 x 9.5 minimal Leafs don't have cap space. Team with cap space easily outbid that if he's seeking a big payday.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 8:53 a.m.
Why would Pietrangelo pay personal income tax rates as a Ontario resident if he was a Leaf?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Why wouldn't he?
Apr. 13, 2020 at 8:58 a.m.
Edited Apr. 13, 2020 at 11:41 a.m. by F50marco
Do you really playing in a division with Boston and Tampa is one of the worst in the NHL?

Find it hard to believe that you call the Leafs defence with Rielly, Muzzen, Holl, Dermott and Sandin is weak and Leafs will not win a cup in next decade with players like Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Rielly all just starting to hit prime. I think your comment makes very little sense.

The point hes making is correct, leafs priced themselves out of being a contender.. just because marner and Mathews and nylander are young doesnt mean they are better, move valuable in trades maybe but like ovi said they are to immature to win a cup.. when you have 4 pieces up front and the rest is a patchwork of fringe players you cant expect to them to win you 16 playoff games on their own...

Tampa and boston are good teams but after them the division is really weak so yes they are the weakest division, and it was absolutely not harder to win a stanley cup with 6 teams.. mathematically you have a little less than 20% Chance of winning
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 10:06 a.m.
Not even in the ballpark money wise to get AP as a UFA. Hell.... you're not even in the city where the ballpark is located. If he gets to UFA status..... it will be minimum 9+ million.
mokumboi liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 10:13 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
This dude said the Blues were a fluke and will never win again lol. 4th most reg szn points in the last decade, more points than TOR in each of the last 6 years, more points than TOR in 33 of 52 seasons. Blues won as many playoff series last season as the Leafs in 20 years. Winning the lottery doesn't make the Leafs a better franchise than the Blues. I love your pride but you are blinded by it.
UpsideDownQue, Fox_Czar_Cup, Pharow and 2 others liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 10:23 a.m.
Do you have any idea of how much in endorsements a year that Pietrangelo would make playing in Toronto?

You do realize that Pietrangelo is from Toronto and his favourite team growing up was Toronto?

You also should realize that the Blues winning a cup was a total fluke and will never happen again?

You also realize that Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Rielly are probably the best young core in the NHL and in a great position to win multilpe cups in Toronto?

You probably do not understand this but if Pietrangelo would win a cup in Toronto which is the hockey universe of the world that he would go down in history as a hero and be worshiped by the biggest hockey fan base in the world.

I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying it could happen and Pietrangelo comes to Toronto and where there is smoke there is fire and the Leafs have the resources to sign him and the Pietrangelo rumours comming to Toronto are only going to get stronger because the Blues have still not resigned him yet and he sure looks like he is going to hit the UFA market where anything can happen. Also, why would Blues sign Falk long term is they wanted to sign Pietrangelo?

Tavares and Rielly aren't young. and in hockey terms nylander isnt young anymore either.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 10:26 a.m.
This guy is completely delusional! He have been like that all year. So funny to read all the bullshat he can wrote in a day. This team play in the worst division and had all kind of trouble winning game but they are supposedly the best hockey team in the league. A POWERHOUSE team supposedly.

its more fun when he makes posts about how some random ECHL player will be the next great hope for Toronto
Apr. 13, 2020 at 10:28 a.m.
The only reason you have the top 3 prospect pool is that your team has been just terrible for years. Pretty bad when management tells season ticket holders we are going to strip this team to the bones and start the rebuild.

you drafted 5th in 2012 8th in 2014, 4th in 2015, 1st in 2016
BluesBandit liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 10:35 a.m.
B
Yikes! TMZ REPORTING.
"KEEFE, MAGICAL CHARACTER INJECTER"
"DUBAS, 3 TIER CUP CASTLE BUILDER"
"UNDERHILL, TRANSFORMS B BOYLE INTO A PASSABLE SKATER & BRAZEAU INTO K TKACHUK"
"BUBBLE TEAM GUARANTEED TO WIN MULTIPLE CUPS"
"OUR SH*T TURNS TO GOLD"
... You sound like a pre teen, seriously.
Ps stop reminding us to pay attention and to mark your words, you're only embarrassing yourself, and your fan base to some degree.
Pharow liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 11:27 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: CD282
I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Why wouldn't he?

Why do there so many tax experts on CapFriendly? Are tax rates personal rates even relevant?
Never hear of any "take home" wage problems for Blue Jays or Raptors even if traded to Toronto.
Do players (professional enterntainers) pay their taxes on all their salary. I say no.
In Canada, people don't necessarily pay personal income tax of the jurisdiction where they earn their money.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 11:31 a.m.
Banned
Edited Apr. 13, 2020 at 11:41 a.m. by F50marco
Quoting: JeffW
The point hes making is correct, leafs priced themselves out of being a contender.. just because marner and Mathews and nylander are young doesnt mean they are better, move valuable in trades maybe but like ovi said they are to immature to win a cup.. when you have 4 pieces up front and the rest is a patchwork of fringe players you cant expect to them to win you 16 playoff games on their own...

Tampa and boston are good teams but after them the division is really weak so yes they are the weakest division, and it was absolutely not harder to win a stanley cup with 6 teams.. mathematically you have a little less than 20% Chance of winning

What is your problem? ‘ it makes little sense because he is French ‘ you really have a problem with french people i would really appreciate if you would remove that comment. I ask you with respect to removed this xenophobic remark.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 11:35 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
its more fun when he makes posts about how some random ECHL player will be the next great hope for Toronto

Ahaha i know that was epic ahahah
Apr. 13, 2020 at 11:48 a.m.
Why do there so many tax experts on CapFriendly? Are tax rates personal rates even relevant?
Never hear of any "take home" wage problems for Blue Jays or Raptors even if traded to Toronto.
Do players (professional enterntainers) pay their taxes on all their salary. I say no.
In Canada, people don't necessarily pay personal income tax of the jurisdiction where they earn their money.

When it comes time to file your income tax, it doesn't matter if you live in one province or territory and are employed and pay taxes in another. You file your income tax for the province or territory in which you reside on December 31 of the tax year.
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 12:05 p.m.

Some light reading for you!

https://home.kpmg/xx/en/home/insights/2011/12/canada-income-tax.html

happy
Apr. 13, 2020 at 12:17 p.m.

I don’t give 2 sh*ts how much he could make in Toronto for Endorsements.

If you would have read what I said yeah I do know that.

It’s funny you think that’s a fluke, because Toronto how they play in Playoffs making it in the playoffs every year is a fluke then.

Just because Petro and JT are friends means absolutely nothing rumors last year were Panarim coming to St.Louis because he was good friends with Tarasenko. Yeah have fun with that bud.

5 players doesn’t win you a cup, Boston would have a cup before you, and other teams like the Blues would to. Your core has not enough defensive power and Pietrangelo doesn’t really bring that to the team either as another Offensive guy, and if they were the best core to win a cup they would have won a cup by now bud.

If you say so.....Toronto would be adding more offense and still have no defense, and be over the cap limit because the salary cap would go down so sure bud whatever your 13 year old heart desires.

Faulk is not even apart of the situations go ahead sign Pietrangelo to thag glorious contract and have to trade most of the team because you don’t have the money because he wants 9-11M. And when you do sign him and not win a cup because defense wins championships. Come talk to me.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 12:35 p.m.
Everything before this went down lol. @TMLSage has some issues with Blues winning a cup, and wants to get a player that’s close to home. Hoping Pietrangelo would give Toronto a blowjob on a contract which isn’t going to happen. He says that Toronto has the best Young Core in the NHL, I was going to say something else about that one but I digress. He said Blues was a fluke Stanley cup, we have more Playoff Rounds won this year than Toronto has in 20, We have had a better Record in the past 34/54 seasons. Blues have missed playoffs 9 times ever. Toronto can’t even deal with Boston and if they had to go against them again the same result is going to occur. You have a kid telling everyone Toronto is the best team because he has the 13-year-old heart of passion for his team, but to no avail he can’t back it up with anything.

You have Alex Pietrangelo who won’t take anything less than 9M, and you think he will take a discount because he was born there. Problem is Pietrangelo has been here the past 12 years, his wife wants to stay in St.Louis, he is a captain here, he has a stronger core here than Toronto don’t pull the wool over your eyes Parayko, Pietrangelo, Dunn, Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo, Faulk (Given he is a little ass but he still does decent), Mikkola as our defensive core. We have a better Goalie in Binnington than Andersen you want to “downgrade” your goalie thinking downgrading your defense is better when you have offense. You have a younger core sure, but younger core can’t beat experience, and when your offense is screwed your defense won’t be able to help you.

I think Delusional is a stronger word for it, but it’s more he wants to start something here is a little saying out wishes in one hand and crap in the other see which one gets filled first. Crap for Toronto.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 2:07 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Everything before this went down lol. @TMLSage has some issues with Blues winning a cup, and wants to get a player that’s close to home. Hoping Pietrangelo would give Toronto a blowjob on a contract which isn’t going to happen. He says that Toronto has the best Young Core in the NHL, I was going to say something else about that one but I digress. He said Blues was a fluke Stanley cup, we have more Playoff Rounds won this year than Toronto has in 20, We have had a better Record in the past 34/54 seasons. Blues have missed playoffs 9 times ever. Toronto can’t even deal with Boston and if they had to go against them again the same result is going to occur. You have a kid telling everyone Toronto is the best team because he has the 13-year-old heart of passion for his team, but to no avail he can’t back it up with anything.

I think you need to face reality and brace yourself that Pietrangelo is going to test the UFA market and anything can happen and that the Leafs do have the resources and capspace to sign him by making a few additional moves to free up additional salary if necessary. I know he is probably your favourite player and appreciate your loyality for the player and team.

You have Alex Pietrangelo who won’t take anything less than 9M, and you think he will take a discount because he was born there. Problem is Pietrangelo has been here the past 12 years, his wife wants to stay in St.Louis, he is a captain here, he has a stronger core here than Toronto don’t pull the wool over your eyes Parayko, Pietrangelo, Dunn, Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo, Faulk (Given he is a little ass but he still does decent), Mikkola as our defensive core. We have a better Goalie in Binnington than Andersen you want to “downgrade” your goalie thinking downgrading your defense is better when you have offense. You have a younger core sure, but younger core can’t beat experience, and when your offense is screwed your defense won’t be able to help you.

I think Delusional is a stronger word for it, but it’s more he wants to start something here is a little saying out wishes in one hand and crap in the other see which one gets filled first. Crap for Toronto.
Apr. 13, 2020 at 4:21 p.m.
mokumboi

You are living in a full-on custom reality, dude.
CD282 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll