2. Bortuzzo, Robert
Additional Details:
other teams I think might be interested, San Jose, New Jersey and Ottawa
STL
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (MTL)
MTL
  1. Bozak, Tyler
Additional Details:
any team he will waive to go to, I think MTL always needs centers so the came to mind.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$71,271,348$306,349$425,000$10,228,652
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,350,000$5,350,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 8
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$758,333$758,333
RW
UFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LW, RW, C
NTC
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,475,000$1,475,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,275,000$3,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 7
$4,400,000$4,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$787,500$787,500
LD
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 11, 2020 at 9:46 a.m.
MTL doesn't need centers they already have Domi, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and Danault + Poehling in the minors.
RobbStark03 liked this.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 9:49 a.m.
Buffbry
Detroit not giving up a 2nd for a backup goalie, we need the picks
BStinson and aedoran liked this.
Lenny7
I don't see Ottawa or Detroit giving up picks unless it's for a major upgrade. Detroit would probably rather just buy a shooter-tutor from Canadian tire for $20, and Ottawa will ride out Nilsson with Hogberg, to see what they have in Hogberg.

New Jersey might be a good landing spot for them though. I'm curious to see what the plan is with Cory Schneider...I've got a feeling that he might relegate himself to Robidas Island at some point soon. I feel bad for the guy, because he was a stud for a while, but injuries killed him.
aedoran liked this.
Subbanator
This is what's interesting, teams like the Blues have pieces that arent negative value but they have a cap issue. That issue is what's going to make teams not agree to trades unless they are lopsided.

Allen will be considered a cap dump because of his contract, you wont get anything of value for him, dame can be said of Bozak. Blues arent going to be able to hust ship them out for picks this off season when teams know it's a flat cap and the Blues are in trouble.
LGBstl liked this.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 9:53 a.m.
Just because Allen might get moved to shed salary doesn’t make him a cap dump player. I’d be shocked if don’t get a legit good offer for him heck I’d be interested in trying to work something out from an oilers perspective.
mokumboi, aedoran and LGBstl liked this.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 9:57 a.m.
MTL does not need Bozak. Like 0/10 chance they want him.
Allen, on the other hand... We'd give you Lindgren + a 4th for Allen + a 2nd
RobbStark03 and LGBstl liked this.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 9:57 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Blues arent going to be able to hust ship them out for picks this off season when teams know it's a flat cap and the Blues are in trouble.

Ya know what else can be considered being in trouble? Having crap players and a crap team. Bozak and Allen are good players (and good soldiers) who would improve several teams. They are both worth a solid 3rd round pick to teams in need.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 9:59 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Carlapin007
We'd give you Lindgren + a 4th for Allen + a 2nd

You are friggin' dreaming. Why on Earth would we pay more for garbage Lindgren than you would for Allen?

Let me make this clear for the 712th time: The Blues. Do not. Want Lindgren. Period. End of story.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 10:02 a.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
You are friggin' dreaming. Why on Earth would we pay more for garbage Lindgren than you would for Allen?

Let me make this clear for the 712th time: The Blues. Do not. Want Lindgren. Period. End of story.

Let me make this clear for the 713th time: Flat. Cap. Equals. Less. Value. For. Overpaid. Backup. Goalies.
RobbStark03 and Subbanator7667 liked this.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 10:04 a.m.
mokumboi
Let me make this clear for the 713th time: Flat. Cap. Equals. Less. Value. For. Overpaid. Backup. Goalies.

What the hell does that have to do with the Lindgren issue I specifically mentioned? Flat cap ot not, Lindgren is pure trash, and you somehow expect to get more for him than we do for the second best save pct. goalie of the season/2nd best road goalie in the NHL since Jan. 2019. Care to address the actual point of my comment now?
Aug. 11, 2020 at 10:09 a.m.
What the hell does that have to do with the Lindgren issue I specifically mentioned? Flat cap ot not, Lindgren is pure trash, and you somehow expect to get more for him than we do for the second best save pct. goalie of the season/2nd best road goalie in the NHL since Jan. 2019. Care to address the actual point of my comment now?

Well, i don't care if you take Lindgren or not. Point is, Habs will not overpay to get a backup goalie via trade. Plenty of fish in the sea, so why give away assets to get Allen? you don't want Lindgren? Fine! Take Hudon! wink
Aug. 11, 2020 at 10:13 a.m.
mokumboi
Well, i don't care if you take Lindgren or not. Point is, Habs will not overpay to get a backup goalie via trade. Plenty of fish in the sea, so why give away assets to get Allen? you don't want Lindgren? Fine! Take Hudon! wink

Hudon is more trash. I'm not suggesting that Montreal will trade for Allen at all, he'd be worth more to a team that is crying out for a proper starter (SJ, DET, etc.). But he's absolutely better than nearly all of those fish, including some that cost much more.
JeffFromMontreal liked this.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 10:13 a.m.
Quoting: Timmah007
Just because Allen might get moved to shed salary doesn’t make him a cap dump player. I’d be shocked if don’t get a legit good offer for him heck I’d be interested in trying to work something out from an oilers perspective.

Of the two Jake Allen will be easier to move for sure. He's a good goalie, especially in a backup role. It can be an "acquire and extend" type situation where if you can give him some financially security he'll likely ink up with you. Probably won't break the bank either.

Bozak is going to be hard. He has a 10 team no trade list so if you take out the bottom 10 teams in the league there's not much of a market given his cap hit and teams not having the cap space. If the Blues move him they'll have to retain some salary and/or pay someone to take him. He can still contribute and he's a versatile player, but he's also a $5 million cap hit. That makes it really hard. Army would have to work some magic to get a team to take Bozak's entire last year and it being a team not on his list.

Of course if Petro walks none of this becomes an issue.
JeffFromMontreal liked this.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 10:20 a.m.
Quoting: Blueman96
Of the two Jake Allen will be easier to move for sure. He's a good goalie, especially in a backup role. It can be an "acquire and extend" type situation where if you can give him some financially security he'll likely ink up with you. Probably won't break the bank either.

Bozak is going to be hard. He has a 10 team no trade list so if you take out the bottom 10 teams in the league there's not much of a market given his cap hit and teams not having the cap space. If the Blues move him they'll have to retain some salary and/or pay someone to take him. He can still contribute and he's a versatile player, but he's also a $5 million cap hit. That makes it really hard. Army would have to work some magic to get a team to take Bozak's entire last year and it being a team not on his list.

Now, that's quite interesting... I like the acquire & extend scenario for Allen! Love the guy, think he's a pretty good goalie, has Mtl ties... Maybe if he would agree to 2 more seasons on the cheap, MTL could pay more? Maybe a 2nd rounder + a prospect? And add Lindgren, just to make STL fans mad at me again! wink
Aug. 11, 2020 at 10:28 a.m.
Quoting: Blueman96

Hmm I want to start by offering a 2nd but don’t have one. How about for both players rights to AA and benning +4th. If sign both that’s half the cap hit or can flip AA should get a 2nd.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 10:59 a.m.
Habs_fan
No way Vince Dunn signes for only 2M. Montreal can offer sheet him at 4.2M x 5 and only have to give up a 2nd round pick and the Blues woudn't be able to match with their cap situation.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 11:11 a.m.
"Montreal always need centers" is a tell for someone who is only a fan of their team and has no idea about what is going on outside their city.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 11:19 a.m.

Quoting: buffbry
Detroit not giving up a 2nd for a backup goalie, we need the picks

I agree STL should get some decent offers for Allen. Detroit desperately needs to hold on to their picks especially with their god awful luck in the draft lottery they have fallen back in every lottery they have been in. Plus Allen is on the wrong side of 30 for Detroit to use 2nd on especially since he is in the final season of his contract and most likely won't sign in Detroit at the end of it.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 11:23 a.m.
Subbanator
Ya know what else can be considered being in trouble? Having crap players and a crap team. Bozak and Allen are good players (and good soldiers) who would improve several teams. They are both worth a solid 3rd round pick to teams in need.

That's out the window with a flat cap and teams needing to sign there own players though. Even in a flat cap world guys will want raises. Teams with contracts they need to give guys those raises are going to be at the hands of whatever team can take those contracts.

You look at Ottawa and Detroit and they're really the only two that could take Allen on and give value back but they dont have to because they know Blues need to move him or lose Petro. Add the fact that they are both likely operating with an internal budget because of no ticket sales and even they wouldn't want to give assets back for Allen or Bozak.

In the end I think the Blues will have to actually give pieces to other teams rich enough and with enough cap space to actually take them on.

So ya, MTL will take Allen, if you give us a pick with him. Welcome to the new world
Aug. 11, 2020 at 11:28 a.m.
Quoting: Habs18
"Montreal always need centers" is a tell for someone who is only a fan of their team and has no idea about what is going on outside their city.

To be fair it has been a need for awhile and just now starting to look ok. I’d be careful tho not getting too caught up in the play in round or these playoffs when evaluating things. Just came off a long rest it’s like the beginning of season teams still have some rust and aren’t in mid season form. Remember where the habs finished this year after a larger sample size. I’m not discrediting the habs I’m just thinking should temper expectations a long season and normal playoffs are a different animal than what we are seeing right now.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 11:29 a.m.
mokumboi
That's out the window with a flat cap and teams needing to sign there own players though. Even in a flat cap world guys will want raises. Teams with contracts they need to give guys those raises are going to be at the hands of whatever team can take those contracts.

You look at Ottawa and Detroit and they're really the only two that could take Allen on and give value back but they dont have to because they know Blues need to move him or lose Petro. Add the fact that they are both likely operating with an internal budget because of no ticket sales and even they wouldn't want to give assets back for Allen or Bozak.

In the end I think the Blues will have to actually give pieces to other teams rich enough and with enough cap space to actually take them on.

So ya, MTL will take Allen, if you give us a pick with him. Welcome to the new world

And by new world, you mean the custom reality you've created for yourself. Gotcha.
Timmah007 liked this.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 11:30 a.m.

I have a tough time agreeing with that. Oilers are in a cap crunch but I could see them willing to put forth an offer for Allen without expecting picks or sweeteners he’s a good goalie
Aug. 11, 2020 at 11:32 a.m.
Subbanator
And by new world, you mean the custom reality you've created for yourself. Gotcha.

Obviously more a reality then the dream world your living in
Aug. 11, 2020 at 11:33 a.m.
Subbanator
I have a tough time agreeing with that. Oilers are in a cap crunch but I could see them willing to put forth an offer for Allen without expecting picks or sweeteners he’s a good goalie

I know he is a good goalie but the financial burden put on teams next years is going to be huge, and letting another contender in your conference off the hook by using your cap space isnt a wise move, by any team.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 11:37 a.m.
I know he is a good goalie but the financial burden put on teams next years is going to be huge, and letting another contender in your conference off the hook by using your cap space isnt a wise move, by any team.

Not sure I’d consider him a finical burden by any means. Quality goalies tend to make money. I wouldn’t consider it letting them off the hook either instead adding a quality goalie to help compete with those teams.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll