2$1,100,000
3$5,750,000
5$6,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$9,000,000
2$1,200,000
1$800,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Cirelli, Anthony$6,000,000
2021 1st round pick
2021 3rd round pick
Trades
NYI
  1. Connor, Kyle
  2. 2020 1st round pick (WPG)
WPG
WPG
  1. Puljujärvi, Jesse [Reserve List]
EDM
  1. Roslovic, Jack [RFA Rights]
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$77,977,501$0$150,000$3,522,499
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW
UFA - 2
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,995,000$4,995,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
Logo of the New York Islanders
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,280,000$2,280,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 2
$2,916,667$2,916,667
C
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
C
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 8
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 7
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167
LD
RFA - 4
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
LD
RFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 31, 2020 at 3:34 p.m.
Why are the jets giving up 10 oa? Beauvillier is good but not that good. Connor is better than pulock imo and if we sign peitrangelo I’m not doing that trade.

Niku more than offsets perreualts cap dump so we should be getting a pick back.

Roslovic >> JP. I would want at least a mid 2nd in the 2020 draft coming back as well
Rooney liked this.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.
Oilers GM
Oilers decline
Aug. 31, 2020 at 3:41 p.m.
Go Jets Go
That is a very clear NO from the Jets, sorry.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 3:44 p.m.
Buffsbrain
I doubt isles do this but at least you understood that isles won't be taking anything other than a star forward for Pulock. Can't see them trading both Pulock and Beau, especially in the same trade
KrisBeKreame liked this.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 3:45 p.m.
Isles7
Isles trade doesn’t make sense for both teams. The isles aren’t trading beauvillier and if they trade pulock, it would be straight up for one of ehlers/Connor.
AndrewLadd and KrisBeKreame liked this.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 3:52 p.m.
I agree with the other Jet fans. There is no reason for Winnipeg to add 10OA at for Beauvillier being in there. Just keep it simple and build it around Connor and Pulock.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 3:52 p.m.
Islanders Fan
Take out Beau and remove your first. Pulock for Connor straight up makes some sense. But even then I really don't want to break up Pulock/Pelech pairing.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 3:55 p.m.
Oilers easily pass. But I would really like Connor. Be fitting having him on mcdavids LW.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 3:55 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
I would do Connor for Pulock for sure. I don't think the Beau would be included in the trade, even though I would love to have him because he is very good.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 4:42 p.m.
Hockee
Quoting: arafay
Why are the jets giving up 10 oa? Beauvillier is good but not that good. Connor is better than pulock imo and if we sign peitrangelo I’m not doing that trade.

Niku more than offsets perreualts cap dump so we should be getting a pick back.

Roslovic >> JP. I would want at least a mid 2nd in the 2020 draft coming back as well

Pulock is a lot better than Connor lol. Its not even close
Aug. 31, 2020 at 5:20 p.m.
Quoting: deys3232
Pulock is a lot better than Connor lol. Its not even close

If that’s what you think then the jets decline. They probably don’t even move Connor tbh. Also Connor would instantly be your best winger so there’s that. Connor is a pt/gm player signed to a great contract and he’s only getting better. A 100 pt season or 2 isn’t out of reach for him. Whereas for pulock, a 50 pt season would be his peak. I know he’s very good in his own end but isles fans seriously overrate him if they think he’s better than Connor lol.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 6:08 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
If that’s what you think then the jets decline. They probably don’t even move Connor tbh. Also Connor would instantly be your best winger so there’s that. Connor is a pt/gm player signed to a great contract and he’s only getting better. A 100 pt season or 2 isn’t out of reach for him. Whereas for pulock, a 50 pt season would be his peak. I know he’s very good in his own end but isles fans seriously overrate him if they think he’s better than Connor lol.

I mean yes Kyle is very good but look at the value of having good defensive players is bringing the Islanders. They're on the verge of going to the conference finals. Unfortunately I do think that one of Ehlers/Connor/Laine is going to have to go at some point. We need to fill quite a few other holes and they will be able to net great returns. My pick out of those three is Connor because I already think he peaked and isn't as impactful overall as the other two. Pulock was probably close to a top 10 dman in the league in the overall impact he has brought to the Islanders this year.
SRM liked this.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 6:19 p.m.
Hockee

Lol. Connor is overpaid as it is. His only skill is shooting. Hes a terrible defender. Like bottom 5 among forwards. And he relies very heavily on Scheifele and Laine. Notice how he completely disppeared in the playoffs after Schiefele got hurt. While Ehlers who is the Jets best winger, stepped up and was really good.

Pulock is a defenseman so hes never going to have 100 points. Hes a great 2 way defenseman and would instantly become the Jets' best defenseman.

Theres no way the Isles should accept that trade
bunzy1034 liked this.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 7:27 p.m.
Lol. Connor is overpaid as it is. His only skill is shooting. Hes a terrible defender. Like bottom 5 among forwards. And he relies very heavily on Scheifele and Laine. Notice how he completely disppeared in the playoffs after Schiefele got hurt. While Ehlers who is the Jets best winger, stepped up and was really good.

Pulock is a defenseman so hes never going to have 100 points. Hes a great 2 way defenseman and would instantly become the Jets' best defenseman.

Theres no way the Isles should accept that trade

Lmao I’m just going to ignore that you think Connor is overpaid and his only skill is shooting. Clearly you haven’t seen him play, he’s a better skater than he is a shooter and his stick handling is among the best in the league.

Connor didn’t really disappear tbh, sure he disappeared on the scoresheet but not on the ice. He was the jets best forward on the top line. He definitely wasn’t driving play but he was still playing his same game. Connor isn’t at that point in his career where he is is a play driver yet and neither is laine tbh. Wheeler was slow and looked tired which was the real problem there. Connor is a goal scorer and his job is to get open to put the puck in the net and use his speed to get to the puck. There was just no one to get him the puck. It wasn’t connor’s fault. He had copp and wheeler (worst I have ever seen of him) playing with him which hurt him. They were also playing against the other top line and managed to generally keep gaudreau, Monahan, and lindholm off the scoresheet. As for him not being good in his own zone? That’s laughable. He plays on our pk routinely now and is more defensively responsible than laine and ehlers. You have to keep in mind he’s and offensive game so ideally he’s not playing too much d. I don’t disagree with him relying on schiefele but as of now, the only play drivers in our top six our ehlers and scheifele so can you blame if for disappearing? This is also only his 3rd full season so he’s still learning to be a play driver.

I never said he’s going to get 100 pts, he no Bobby Orr and this isn’t the 70’s. I’m just saying that if you think he’s a number 1 defensemen he should have at least 1 50 pt season under his belt. In fact he’s never even hit 40 pts. Morrissey had about equal production and in a “bad season” for him. So, imo no he wouldn’t be our top defensemen. He would be 2nd behind morrissey. And if you say morrissey is an offensive defensemen you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Morrissey is just as good in a shutdown role as any. A year ago he was drawing comparisons to vlasic (when he was in his prime), who was widely known as the best shutdown d in the league.

If I’m the jets I take a Kyle Connor who still has loads more of potential over an almost topped off pulock any day. Connor > pulock as Connor is a top winger in the league and pulock is a fringe number 1 guy.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 7:38 p.m.
Quoting: bunzy1034
I mean yes Kyle is very good but look at the value of having good defensive players is bringing the Islanders. They're on the verge of going to the conference finals. Unfortunately I do think that one of Ehlers/Connor/Laine is going to have to go at some point. We need to fill quite a few other holes and they will be able to net great returns. My pick out of those three is Connor because I already think he peaked and isn't as impactful overall as the other two. Pulock was probably close to a top 10 dman in the league in the overall impact he has brought to the Islanders this year.

I don’t think any of the jets 3 young wingers have peaked. Ehlers is a non starter even if he has tbh as he’s our only play driver other than copp and scheifele. Line is an elite shooter and going to be a top goal scorer so we aren’t moving him. And hoenstly, I’m not moving Connor either. He will be a elite offensive player in this league who can do it all. Our holes can be filled in the draft long term and chevy recognizes that. I am almost sure he drafts a centre with 10. Now that leaves a big rd like pulock and tbh, id rather overpay using picks at that point than move one of the big 3 for him. These guys are going to be what makes the jets elite and 2 of em are already signed to good contracts.

If schiefele and laine handnt been hurt we would be having a very different conversation right now. Yes the defence is a little small but we just need to add 1-2 defensemen this offseason. Imo Edmundson is a lock so that leaves someone on rd. Either trade for a guy with a hard shot like risto or just resign demelo. We will definitely be better than you think. Oh and GET A 2C. In fact, if the jets had a 2c, I think they might have been able to beat Calgary. Pulock is good but he is no top 10 d-man. Sure maybe he is a top 10 shutdown d-man (probably even top 5) but he isn’t a top 10 overall d. He is a good number 2 on most good teams.

Imo at worst it’s Connor for pulock straight up, though that will come back and bite the jets in the a$$.

Oh and it’s not the one defensemen in pulock that makes the ilses a contender. It’s Bary Freaking Trotz. The guy has the best defensive system in the league hands down. Without him they are just a playoff team
Sep. 3, 2020 at 5:25 p.m.
Hockee
Lmao I’m just going to ignore that you think Connor is overpaid and his only skill is shooting. Clearly you haven’t seen him play, he’s a better skater than he is a shooter and his stick handling is among the best in the league.

Connor didn’t really disappear tbh, sure he disappeared on the scoresheet but not on the ice. He was the jets best forward on the top line. He definitely wasn’t driving play but he was still playing his same game. Connor isn’t at that point in his career where he is is a play driver yet and neither is laine tbh. Wheeler was slow and looked tired which was the real problem there. Connor is a goal scorer and his job is to get open to put the puck in the net and use his speed to get to the puck. There was just no one to get him the puck. It wasn’t connor’s fault. He had copp and wheeler (worst I have ever seen of him) playing with him which hurt him. They were also playing against the other top line and managed to generally keep gaudreau, Monahan, and lindholm off the scoresheet. As for him not being good in his own zone? That’s laughable. He plays on our pk routinely now and is more defensively responsible than laine and ehlers. You have to keep in mind he’s and offensive game so ideally he’s not playing too much d. I don’t disagree with him relying on schiefele but as of now, the only play drivers in our top six our ehlers and scheifele so can you blame if for disappearing? This is also only his 3rd full season so he’s still learning to be a play driver.

I never said he’s going to get 100 pts, he no Bobby Orr and this isn’t the 70’s. I’m just saying that if you think he’s a number 1 defensemen he should have at least 1 50 pt season under his belt. In fact he’s never even hit 40 pts. Morrissey had about equal production and in a “bad season” for him. So, imo no he wouldn’t be our top defensemen. He would be 2nd behind morrissey. And if you say morrissey is an offensive defensemen you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Morrissey is just as good in a shutdown role as any. A year ago he was drawing comparisons to vlasic (when he was in his prime), who was widely known as the best shutdown d in the league.

If I’m the jets I take a Kyle Connor who still has loads more of potential over an almost topped off pulock any day. Connor > pulock as Connor is a top winger in the league and pulock is a fringe number 1 guy.

Connor isnt better than Ehlers or Schiefele or Laine or Wheeler, Yes Wheeler is getting up there in age, but this season he was still better than Connor

You can tell me anything you want about Connor on offense, but hes one of the worst defensive forwards in the entire NHL. Its between him, Kane, Kuznetsov, Schiefele and Miles Wood. I dont care how many goals he scores, if hes a defensive liability on every single shift he plays
Sep. 3, 2020 at 5:44 p.m.
Connor isnt better than Ehlers or Schiefele or Laine or Wheeler, Yes Wheeler is getting up there in age, but this season he was still better than Connor

You can tell me anything you want about Connor on offense, but hes one of the worst defensive forwards in the entire NHL. Its between him, Kane, Kuznetsov, Schiefele and Miles Wood. I dont care how many goals he scores, if hes a defensive liability on every single shift he plays

The fact that you think scheifele is one of the worst defensive forwards in the league speaks for itself. Scheifele is our best defensive forward (after copp, wheeler, and lowry). In fact he was one quite a few selke ballots in 16-17 and 17-18. I have nothing else to say there.

Connor is very good defensively as well. Idk what else to say that I haven’t said already (did I mention he plays on the pk?). You either see it or you don’t. Anyways, as I said, you aren’t getting Connor for his defensive game, you are getting him for the offence.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 5:52 p.m.
Hockee
The fact that you think scheifele is one of the worst defensive forwards in the league speaks for itself. Scheifele is our best defensive forward (after copp, wheeler, and lowry). In fact he was one quite a few selke ballots in 16-17 and 17-18. I have nothing else to say there.

Connor is very good defensively as well. Idk what else to say that I haven’t said already (did I mention he plays on the pk?). You either see it or you don’t. Anyways, as I said, you aren’t getting Connor for his defensive game, you are getting him for the offence.

Using Selke votes to argue your point is absolutely stupid. Patrick Kane has gotten a Selke vote before. Doesnt make him any good defensively. Connor playing on the PK has no co-relation of him being good defensively. Hes not even good on the PK. Hes trash.

Schiefele was ablsolute garbo defensively this year too, so idk what ur talking about
Sep. 3, 2020 at 6:12 p.m.
Using Selke votes to argue your point is absolutely stupid. Patrick Kane has gotten a Selke vote before. Doesnt make him any good defensively. Connor playing on the PK has no co-relation of him being good defensively. Hes not even good on the PK. Hes trash.

Schiefele was ablsolute garbo defensively this year too, so idk what ur talking about

First of all, the only reason I am using selke votes is because you don’t listen to analysis, so I brought up evidence. The selke is awarded to the best defensive forward in the game (with usually above pt/game). These votes are given by writers and analysts who’s full time job it is to watch hockey. I’m sure that if they give someone a vote for a selke, they definitely weren’t “bad” that season lol

After watching almost every single jets game this year, I am confident in the statement that schiefele is very good defensively. Yes he can take over games offensively but when he’s not playing at an elite level, you can count on him to be good in his own end. He has also been one of our best Pk’ers for years now (more on that later). As for talking about Patrick Kane? The year he got his selke vote was when he was on a cup winning team and frankly, he wasn’t bad defensively then (from what I remember of their cup run)

Also, he wasn’t bad this year either. If you take him away from wheeler and put him with 2 young wingers in laine and Connor (especially Laine), there is bound to be a drop off. Yes he had tough games, but who doesn’t. Overall, he was again our best all round forward (and best forward in general because of that)

Now about penalty killing. The fact that you think the PK has no corelation to defending is absolutely hilarious. Penalty killing is mostly defending lol and scheifele is arguably the best on our team at it. Connor is also very good on the penalty kill. His speed helps tremendously in getting the puck out and he is great at positioning himself to receive and pass from a pinned defensemen. He can be lost at times but those are growing pains. Generally, his positioning on the pk is very good as well.

Maybe you need to watch a few more jets games so u “know what you are talking about”.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 6:21 p.m.
Hockee
First of all, the only reason I am using selke votes is because you don’t listen to analysis, so I brought up evidence. The selke is awarded to the best defensive forward in the game (with usually above pt/game). These votes are given by writers and analysts who’s full time job it is to watch hockey. I’m sure that if they give someone a vote for a selke, they definitely weren’t “bad” that season lol

After watching almost every single jets game this year, I am confident in the statement that schiefele is very good defensively. Yes he can take over games offensively but when he’s not playing at an elite level, you can count on him to be good in his own end. He has also been one of our best Pk’ers for years now (more on that later). As for talking about Patrick Kane? The year he got his selke vote was when he was on a cup winning team and frankly, he wasn’t bad defensively then (from what I remember of their cup run)

Also, he wasn’t bad this year either. If you take him away from wheeler and put him with 2 young wingers in laine and Connor (especially Laine), there is bound to be a drop off. Yes he had tough games, but who doesn’t. Overall, he was again our best all round forward (and best forward in general because of that)

Now about penalty killing. The fact that you think the PK has no corelation to defending is absolutely hilarious. Penalty killing is mostly defending lol and scheifele is arguably the best on our team at it. Connor is also very good on the penalty kill. His speed helps tremendously in getting the puck out and he is great at positioning himself to receive and pass from a pinned defensemen. He can be lost at times but those are growing pains. Generally, his positioning on the pk is very good as well.

Maybe you need to watch a few more jets games so u “know what you are talking about”.

Try looking at stats instead of using your biased eyes
Sep. 3, 2020 at 6:33 p.m.
Try looking at stats instead of using your biased eyes

Scheifele’s stats aren’t that different than other high end first line centers who are good in their own end. Just look at Ryan O’Reilly (last years selke winner I believe). Yes scheifele has a (much) higher offensive zone Start percentage but that’s more because he’s our only top 6 center and one of our best offensive weapons. Oh yeah and there’s the whole factor of o’reilly being the best faceoff man in the league and scheifele being one of the worst (at least among first line centers). Other than that they are pretty identical.

As for Connor, his stats are pretty identical to almost any top line scorer in the league, which indicates he’s at least average in his own zone.

How about you look at the stats instead of me. Because I know damn well what I’m talking about whereas you have been seemingly talking out of your *** this entire conversation
Sep. 3, 2020 at 6:52 p.m.
Montreal rejects. I think we can get better value out of that cap space.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 7:01 p.m.
Speam
Scheifele’s stats aren’t that different than other high end first line centers who are good in their own end. Just look at Ryan O’Reilly (last years selke winner I believe). Yes scheifele has a (much) higher offensive zone Start percentage but that’s more because he’s our only top 6 center and one of our best offensive weapons. Oh yeah and there’s the whole factor of o’reilly being the best faceoff man in the league and scheifele being one of the worst (at least among first line centers). Other than that they are pretty identical.

As for Connor, his stats are pretty identical to almost any top line scorer in the league, which indicates he’s at least average in his own zone.

How about you look at the stats instead of me. Because I know damn well what I’m talking about whereas you have been seemingly talking out of your *** this entire conversation

O’Reilly is leagues better defensively than Schiefele and it’s not even close lmfao. Also since when does a player’s OFFENSIVE production indicate that they are good or even average DEFENSIVELY
Sep. 3, 2020 at 7:07 p.m.
Quoting: JacobTroubruh
O’Reilly is leagues better defensively than Schiefele and it’s not even close lmfao. Also since when does a player’s OFFENSIVE production indicate that they are good or even average DEFENSIVELY

I never said or implied either of those. I just compared scheifele to oreilly. I know oreilly is on another level in terms of his defensive game. I’m just countering the argument that scheifele is bad in his own end which is just false. The person I was having an argument said he was too 5 in terms of the worst defensive player in the league lmao. And for some reason I’m still arguing lol. Scheifele is one of the better first line centers in his own end in the league imo. Thats all im saying

I think you got the 2nd part from my Connor comment. I meant advanced stats like possession and stats like goals against and plus minus which now that I think of it, I hope the guy I was arguing with understood that lol mb
Sep. 3, 2020 at 11:23 p.m.
Hockee

Please tell me what stats you are using, because Ryan O'Rielly is an elite 2way forward while Schiefele is extremely offensive. No defense

Connor also sucks defensively, nothing you say will change that unless you can show me a couple good stats that prove otherwise

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll