Forums/Armchair-GM

Trade to Nashville and sign Sami Vatanen

Created by: HockeyTownUSA69
Team: 2020-21 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 6, 2020
Published: Nov. 6, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Bulk up our 3rd line. Get some youth back in L.Kunin and A.Carrier. I think we are better Defensively if we sign Sami Vatanen and let P-O-Joseph come up and play on our third paring D. And have A.Carrier and Riikola both as young Depth options.

I think M.Pettersson and J.McCann is fair for Kunin(rights) and C.Jarnkrok. And I think T.Blueger and a 2nd round pick is fair for Cousins and A.Carrier.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,250,000
Trades
PIT
  1. Carrier, Alexandre
  2. Cousins, Nick
  3. Järnkrok, Calle
  4. Kunin, Luke [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
I know Nashville just signed Cousins this summer. But I wish the Pens did.lol!!
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$77,963,333$0$1,062,500$3,536,667
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, C
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$733,333$733,333
RD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 6, 2020 at 5:50 p.m.
not a good deal for pit.

Jarnkrok = McCann
Petterson > Kunin
Blueger > Cousins
2nd > Carrier
Nov. 6, 2020 at 5:55 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: mhockey91
not a good deal for pit.

Jarnkrok = McCann
Petterson > Kunin
Blueger > Cousins
2nd > Carrier

Well u just don’t know who they are. That’s why. I’ll take Carrier over a late 2nd for sure. An NHL ready prospect. Blueger and Cousins are equal. Petersson and Kunin are equal value with Kunin has the bigger upside and higher ceiling. And McCann and Jarnkrok are equal value right now. With McCann being younger and probably more upside.
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:02 p.m.
Vegan Commie Hipster
not a good deal for pit.

Jarnkrok = McCann
Petterson > Kunin
Blueger > Cousins
2nd > Carrier

Late 2nd round picks have about a 1/10 chance of becoming someone as good as carrier but it might technically be worth the 1/50 shot it becomes Krejci

Idk

Could kinda say that about any pick really 😕

Carrier being a really good AHLer for 4 years and moving into prime now is neat especially with PIT competing for a cup and needing good cheap depth
HockeyTownUSA69 and PGHBOB69 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:09 p.m.
Quoting: HockeyTownUSA69
Well u just don’t know who they are. That’s why. I’ll take Carrier over a late 2nd for sure. An NHL ready prospect. Blueger and Cousins are equal. Petersson and Kunin are equal value with Kunin has the bigger upside and higher ceiling. And McCann and Jarnkrok are equal value right now. With McCann being younger and probably more upside.

Blueger is arguably the best 4C in the league. He is a shutdown beast. hes better than cousins. if you think they are "equal" then remove them from the trade. Petterson is a top 4 D, Kunin is a 3rd line winger. They are not "equal". Maybe Kunin has more "upside", but they are less than 2 years apart in age and D usually take more time to develop. Give me Petterson over him. As for Carrier, I dont know much about him, but a quick look tells me hes 24 and hasn't played any significant time in the NHL on a team that has a weak Right hand side besides Ellis. I wouldn't pay a 2nd for him
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:09 p.m.
Vegan Commie Hipster

Blueger & Cousins is the most unequal part though

Teddy is 3 years younger, just an RFA and received a selke vote this season due to being ace at that

Kinda not great in other ways but Cousins just solid
HockeyTownUSA69 and PGHBOB69 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:11 p.m.
Quoting: Radu47
Late 2nd round picks have about a 1/10 chance of becoming someone as good as carrier but it might technically be worth the 1/50 shot it becomes Krejci

Idk

Carrier being a really good AHLer for 4 years and moving into prime now is neat especially with PIT competing for a cup and needing good cheap depth

idk enough about Carrier, but like I said in another comment hes 24 and hasn't spent any time in the NHL. Id be very hesitant to pay a 2nd for him
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:12 p.m.
Terrible for NSH. Petterson & McCann are a lesser package than what NSH gave up for Kunin, even before you throw Jarnkrok in. Petterson would be buried behind Josi and Ekholm on NSH's left side. $4M is too much for a guy who'd be getting 3rd pairing ice time, and leaves NSH with five defensemen that would need expansion protection. McCann and Blueger are spare parts that wouldn't interest the Preds.

I'd take a 2nd for Carrier. It's an overpay from PIT (Carrier's value is maybe a 3rd), but the Pens seem intent on trading away all their picks and prospects these days.

not a good deal for pit.

Jarnkrok = McCann
Petterson > Kunin
Blueger > Cousins
2nd > Carrier

I see it more like:
Jarnkrok > McCann
Petterson = Kunin (Both players have more value to their current team than they would to the other one)
Blueger < Cousins
2nd > Carrier
HockeyTownUSA69 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:15 p.m.
Quoting: gmgb
Terrible for NSH. Petterson & McCann are a lesser package than what NSH gave up for Kunin, even before you throw Jarnkrok in. Petterson would be buried behind Josi and Ekholm on NSH's left side. $4M is too much for a guy who'd be getting 3rd pairing ice time, and leaves NSH with five defensemen that would need expansion protection. McCann and Blueger are spare parts that wouldn't interest the Preds.

I'd take a 2nd for Carrier. It's an overpay from PIT (Carrier's value is maybe a 3rd), but the Pens seem intent on trading away all their picks and prospects these days.

I see it more like:
Jarnkrok > McCann
Petterson = Kunin (Both players have more value to their current team than they would to the other one)
Blueger < Cousins
2nd > Carrier

terrible for nashville? no way man. this is an outright steal for them.

how can u say Jarnkrok > McCann when McCann has more upside and both had a very similar season?
a top 4 D in petterson is also worth more than a 3RW
Blueger is clear cut better than cousins. dudes a defensive shutdown machine
no one is paying a 2nd for Carrier
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:16 p.m.
Vegan Commie Hipster
Blueger is arguably the best 4C in the league. He is a shutdown beast. hes better than cousins. if you think they are "equal" then remove them from the trade. Petterson is a top 4 D, Kunin is a 3rd line winger. They are not "equal". Maybe Kunin has more "upside", but they are less than 2 years apart in age and D usually take more time to develop. Give me Petterson over him. As for Carrier, I dont know much about him, but a quick look tells me hes 24 and hasn't played any significant time in the NHL on a team that has a weak Right hand side besides Ellis. I wouldn't pay a 2nd for him

It's tricky with Blueger like he really is not good at other things to a point it drags his excellent D impact and makes him just kinda useful but not great

No player is exempt from either GF or GA

Same inversely for tr*mpangelo who, for all his scoring, is just very good due to weak D it's strange that weak O/strong D is valued over weak D/strong O
HockeyTownUSA69 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:18 p.m.
Vegan Commie Hipster
So many arguments over such a low key trade! 😯

Thaaaaaaaat's AGM folks!

I mean it's been pretty constructive and respectful so far so hey that's nice too, keep up the good work
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:40 p.m.
LETS go PENS

What are u talking about dude? I would rather have Cousins than Blueger. That’s why I obviously made up the deal. 4th line Centers come and go. Blueger, tanev, ZAR being top 10-20, 4th liners in the NHL. Great. I like them all, I really do. But just like Craig Adams or Matt Cooke. They come and go and are easy to replace. I even loved E.Fehr when he was our 4th line RW.

You can replace them. Every team has them. Energy, gritty, defensive, team guys. There are plenty of them around the league. Like I said, every team has them. Harder to get young scorers, playmakers. They are harder to replace and more valuable.

And Kunin is 23, 1st round, 15th pick overall, pedigree. I like Pettersson but he is expandable in my opinion with P-O-Joseph NHL ready. And Jarnkrok and McCann both proved to be NHL 3rd line players. jarnkrok has just proven to be a Center, which we need. McCann, Like JR and Sully said in every quote and every interview and every article so far, McCann is better on the wing, he’s a scorer, not a huge playmaking Center. A great shot and good scorer, and good defender, more suited for LW. Has 1st round pedigree too. 24th overall, and only 24. Possible more upside than Jankrok. But he’s gonna play LW this year and Jankowski will be 3rd line center if the Pens roster stays the same.
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
Good Opinion Haver
not a good deal for pit.

Jarnkrok = McCann
Petterson > Kunin
Blueger > Cousins
2nd > Carrier

I see it more like:
Jarnkrok > McCann
Blueger < Cousins
2nd > Carrier

Blueger & Cousins is the most unequal part though

Teddy is 3 years younger, just an RFA and received a selke vote this season due to being ace at that

Kinda not great in other ways but Cousins just solid

I think you guys are all comparing the wrong people.

McCann and Cousins are the 3C apparents for Pittsburgh and Nashville respectively. Cousins is cheaper and drives offense better while being more defensively responsible. McCann scores more and is an RFA at the end of his contract, but is more expensive now. In a flat cap world, and maybe without, it's advantage Cousins.

Jarnkrok and Blueger are middle six guys. Blueger is elite defensively but actively hurts his team's offense- okay for the defensively challenged Pittsburgh but not great for the offensively challenged Predators, who don't need any shutdown people. Jarnkrok is fine but has been declining the last three years. He's also more expensive. Advantage Blueger.

Carrier and Pettersson - it makes sense to compare the defensemen, but this only works if Pittsburgh really thinks they can make something out of Carrier. In terms of pure NHL value, it's advantage Pettersson. Carrier is not yet an NHL regular at 24 and I don't know too many defensemen who become second pairing defensemen at 24. Then again, Pittsburgh always seems to make something out of nothing and they're saving cap here. So I guess I can see the logic. But I think it's likely costing them future wins and their window isn't open forever. As someone mentioned, it doesn't make a lot of sense for Nashville unless they trade Ekholm, and I would also add it doesn't make a lot of sense for Pittsburgh considering this brings them down to three good defensemen, two of which aren't that durable, and they have Ceci and Matheson on the corps as well which isn't encouraging. All that said, advantage Pettersson.

A 2nd and Kunin - I'd rather have the second honestly. Kunin is bad! Which saddens me because he's a St. Louis boi. Only good on the power play, and it appears he was even overperforming there. Abysmal defensively. Nashville really overpayed to get him IMO.

I think this is basically a wash, but it also doesn't really help anyone with what they're actually trying to accomplish unless there are further trades made on both sides.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:53 p.m.
terrible for nashville? no way man. this is an outright steal for them.

how can u say Jarnkrok > McCann when McCann has more upside and both had a very similar season?
a top 4 D in petterson is also worth more than a 3RW
Blueger is clear cut better than cousins. dudes a defensive shutdown machine
no one is paying a 2nd for Carrier

It makes NSH a less competitive team, adds salary, and complicates the expansion draft for them.

I don't know how much upside McCann still has, but Jarnkrok's versatility is his biggest asset for NSH. He plays every forward position, and can slot in on any line. The Preds like him a lot, and he's almost a million cheaper than McCann, who wouldn't be as useful to NSH.

When NSH traded for Kunin, they mentioned they feel he can be a top six player. I have my doubts about that, but NSH needs him a lot more than Petterson. As I mentioned previously, Petterson would be on NSH's 3rd pair. He makes too much for that role, and he's not necessary with the additions of Benning and Borowiecki. He'd also be the 5th NSH defenseman in need of expansion protection, which is problematic. A 2nd line wing is worth more than a 3rd pair defenseman.

Cousins was targeted specifically by NSH because they wanted to be harder to play against. Cousins is the pest they feel they need. Blueger is fine in his limited role, but the Preds don't really need what he brings.

I felt I was clear that a 2nd is an overpay for Carrier.

If you don't like the proposal for PIT, I get that. I don't think their defense is deep enough to lose Petterson. It doesn't make any sense for NSH though. Sometimes trades are bad for both teams. This proposal looks like one of those.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:53 p.m.
LETS go PENS

Idk

I 100% agree about Carrier. I’ll take Carrier now and the next 4 years on a cheap deal while the Pens window is open than a late 2nd round lottery ticket.

Kunin for Pettersson is equal value. Kunin is penciled in as The Preds 2nd Line RW. Just b/c he plays on our 3rd line RW, doesn’t make him that. If we traded for Toews and Toews plays our 3rd line Cemterz does that make him a 3rd Lomé Center.?? Better yet, Josi and Fabbro and most likely the Preds top 2 lHD pairing. And Pettersson might be the 3rd pairing LHD. Does that make him a 3rd pairing LHD??

McCann for Jankrok is even. I’ll alreaxy said multiple times why. McCann with the bigger upside.

And Blueger is a slight upgrade over Cousins. Both are very reasonable contracts and tough, gritty players, that everyone loves. Believer better defensively and Cousins a better offensive touch.
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:54 p.m.
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
I think you guys are all comparing the wrong people.

McCann and Cousins are the 3C apparents for Pittsburgh and Nashville respectively. Cousins is cheaper and drives offense better while being more defensively responsible. McCann scores more and is an RFA at the end of his contract, but is more expensive now. In a flat cap world, and maybe without, it's advantage Cousins.

Jarnkrok and Blueger are middle six guys. Blueger is elite defensively but actively hurts his team's offense- okay for the defensively challenged Pittsburgh but not great for the offensively challenged Predators, who don't need any shutdown people. Jarnkrok is fine but has been declining the last three years. He's also more expensive. Advantage Blueger.

Carrier and Pettersson - it makes sense to compare the defensemen, but this only works if Pittsburgh really thinks they can make something out of Carrier. In terms of pure NHL value, it's advantage Pettersson. Carrier is not yet an NHL regular at 24 and I don't know too many defensemen who become second pairing defensemen at 24. Then again, Pittsburgh always seems to make something out of nothing and they're saving cap here. So I guess I can see the logic. But I think it's likely costing them future wins and their window isn't open forever. As someone mentioned, it doesn't make a lot of sense for Nashville unless they trade Ekholm, and I would also add it doesn't make a lot of sense for Pittsburgh considering this brings them down to three good defensemen, two of which aren't that durable, and they have Ceci and Matheson on the corps as well which isn't encouraging. All that said, advantage Pettersson.

A 2nd and Kunin - I'd rather have the second honestly. Kunin is bad! Which saddens me because he's a St. Louis boi. Only good on the power play, and it appears he was even overperforming there. Abysmal defensively. Nashville really overpayed to get him IMO.

I think this is basically a wash, but it also doesn't really help anyone with what they're actually trying to accomplish unless there are further trades made on both sides.

McCann smokes cousins. Cousins is a straight 4th liner where as at least McCann is a middle 6 guy. I dont care if cousins "drives play" better, McCann actually produces more while on the ice, hes also a lot younger and has more upside.

You are comparing this all wrong man im not even gonna get into it. Not worth my time
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:55 p.m.
I know more than you
This is a terrible trade for the Penguins. They're giving up the 3 most valuable pieces in the trade.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:56 p.m.
It makes NSH a less competitive team, adds salary, and complicates the expansion draft for them.

I don't know how much upside McCann still has, but Jarnkrok's versatility is his biggest asset for NSH. He plays every forward position, and can slot in on any line. The Preds like him a lot, and he's almost a million cheaper than McCann, who wouldn't be as useful to NSH.

When NSH traded for Kunin, they mentioned they feel he can be a top six player. I have my doubts about that, but NSH needs him a lot more than Petterson. As I mentioned previously, Petterson would be on NSH's 3rd pair. He makes too much for that role, and he's not necessary with the additions of Benning and Borowiecki. He'd also be the 5th NSH defenseman in need of expansion protection, which is problematic. A 2nd line wing is worth more than a 3rd pair defenseman.

Cousins was targeted specifically by NSH because they wanted to be harder to play against. Cousins is the pest they feel they need. Blueger is fine in his limited role, but the Preds don't really need what he brings.

If you don't like the proposal for PIT, I get that. I don't think their defense is deep enough to lose Petterson. It doesn't make any sense for NSH though. Sometimes trades are bad for both teams. This proposal looks like one of those.

its bad for both teams I agree because as you said, preds dont need MP on the bottom pair, but in a vacuum, pens are giving the more valuable pieces
Nov. 6, 2020 at 6:58 p.m.
What are u talking about dude? I would rather have Cousins than Blueger. That’s why I obviously made up the deal. 4th line Centers come and go. Blueger, tanev, ZAR being top 10-20, 4th liners in the NHL. Great. I like them all, I really do. But just like Craig Adams or Matt Cooke. They come and go and are easy to replace. I even loved E.Fehr when he was our 4th line RW.

You can replace them. Every team has them. Energy, gritty, defensive, team guys. There are plenty of them around the league. Like I said, every team has them. Harder to get young scorers, playmakers. They are harder to replace and more valuable.

And Kunin is 23, 1st round, 15th pick overall, pedigree. I like Pettersson but he is expandable in my opinion with P-O-Joseph NHL ready. And Jarnkrok and McCann both proved to be NHL 3rd line players. jarnkrok has just proven to be a Center, which we need. McCann, Like JR and Sully said in every quote and every interview and every article so far, McCann is better on the wing, he’s a scorer, not a huge playmaking Center. A great shot and good scorer, and good defender, more suited for LW. Has 1st round pedigree too. 24th overall, and only 24. Possible more upside than Jankrok. But he’s gonna play LW this year and Jankowski will be 3rd line center if the Pens roster stays the same.

you just said fourth line centres come and go, which is fair, but then why would you want to trade the SUPERIOR 4C in Bluegar for a downgrade in cousins????

this trade just is all around bad for both teams. Pens lose on the value, and it doesn't help Nashville positionally
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:05 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:12 p.m.

How is Pettersson on your bottom pair?? Josi/Ellis, Pettersson/Fabbro, Boroweicki/Benning

3LHD-3 RHD, makes your D a lot better and puts your 1st round pick and top prospect(Fabbro) with a good two-way LHD and a proven top 4 LHD. That is only 24 years old and signed to a reasonable 4M year for the next 5 years.

Having your top prospect and Pettersson together for the next 5 years. Ya, bad idea.

Wait, are U saying Benning and Boroweicki are even close to the player Pettersson is?? Wow!! Lol. U might want to look at his analytics and Plus/Minus, plus his blocks and hits, plus his scoring potential and puck moving skills. Benning and Boroweicki are bottom pairing, Depth D-men. Pettersson is a 24 year old proven top 4 D.

It’s so hard trading with west coast teams..lol. Cause Pens fans have no clue who Nashville’s players are and West Coast teams are clueless to our players as well!
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:13 p.m.
Quoting: Dpellz90
This is a terrible trade for the Penguins. They're giving up the 3 most valuable pieces in the trade.

Which three?

in a vacuum, pens are giving the more valuable pieces

Debatable. Especially when you consider how much value cap space has right now. That's a considerable factor too.

How is Pettersson on your bottom pair?? Josi/Ellis, Pettersson/Fabbro, Boroweicki/Benning

3LHD-3 RHD, makes your D a lot better and puts your 1st round pick and top prospect(Fabbro) with a good two-way LHD and a proven top 4 LHD. That is only 24 years old and signed to a reasonable 4M year for the next 5 years.

Having your top prospect and Pettersson together for the next 5 years. Ya, bad idea.

You're forgetting about Ekholm.
Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Fabbro
Boroweicki-Benning

Petterson doesn't fit into NSH's defense. Plus there's the previously mentioned cap hit and expansion considerations.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:14 p.m.
Good Opinion Haver
Edited Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:25 p.m.
McCann smokes cousins. Cousins is a straight 4th liner where as at least McCann is a middle 6 guy. I dont care if cousins "drives play" better, McCann actually produces more while on the ice, hes also a lot younger and has more upside.

You are comparing this all wrong man im not even gonna get into it. Not worth my time

Cousins was the 3C for Vegas all year so I'm not sure what you're getting at. It's close but Cousins provides more value for his cap hit. Not saying McCann is bad. But there is no metric to indicate he "smokes" Cousins. There's also a realistic argument to be made that McCann overperformed this year.

Glad to know you don't care though! If you decide to care, here is some proof: https://imgur.com/a/EFxuGIu
HockeyTownUSA69 and gmgb liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:18 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:24 p.m.
you just said fourth line centres come and go, which is fair, but then why would you want to trade the SUPERIOR 4C in Bluegar for a downgrade in cousins????

this trade just is all around bad for both teams. Pens lose on the value, and it doesn't help Nashville positionally

Yep, just b/c you don’t know who the players are. It does help Nashville out positionally. What r u talking about.?? Josi/Ellis, Pettersson/Fabbro, Boroweicki/Benning

3LHD-3 RHD, makes Nashville’s D a lot better and puts their 1st round pick and NHL ready, top prospect(Fabbro) with a good two-way LHD and a proven top 4 LHD. That is only 24 years old and signed to a reasonable 4M year for the next 5 years.

What do u mean?

It’s impossible to do a trade with West Coast teams. Pens fans have no clue about any of their players or team. And same with them not know our players as well!!
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:21 p.m.
Good Opinion Haver

This assumes that Blueger is the superior 4C which I would say is not true

Blueger is great defensively. Elite, I would say. He actively hurts your offense. If you have the opportunity to upgrade to a guy who is above average at everything (which Cousins is!) even if that "above average" defense is less than elite, you do it. Forwards need to be good at driving offense. Blueger is abysmal at this.
gmgb and HockeyTownUSA69 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:22 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
Cousins was the 3C for Vegas all year so I'm not sure what you're getting at. It's close but Cousins provides more value for his cap hit. Not saying McCann is bad. But there is no metric to indicate he "smokes" Cousins. There's also a realistic argument to be made the McCann overperformed this year.

Glad to know you don't care though! If you decide to care, here is some proof: https://imgur.com/a/EFxuGIu

Ya, he just doesn’t know or care to know who they are. He thinks looking at their stats will tell him everything he needs to know. Just like looking at Blueger stats?? You’d be like WTF?? Him?? Lol.

Impossible to do a trade with West coast teams. Pens fans have no clue about their players and Visa-Versa.

I really wish the Pens would have signed Cousins though. Great player. The funny thing is, Pens fans would love him, would be a huge hit. Bigger than Blueger..lol. Same type of player, just with more scoring touch!! Lol.
TheEarthmaster and PGHBOB69 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 6, 2020 at 7:37 p.m.
Which three?

Debatable. Especially when you consider how much value cap space has right now. That's a considerable factor too.

You're forgetting about Ekholm.
Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Fabbro
Boroweicki-Benning

Petterson doesn't fit into NSH's defense. Plus there's the previously mentioned cap hit and expansion considerations.

Ekholm is 31 years old this year. And not the player Pettersson is even now. And Pettersson is 24. Petterson/Fabbro gives u a legit top 2 pairing for the next 4-5 years. Ekholm/Benning on the 3rd pairing. Boroweicki and Benning are 3rd paring at best, Defensive depth, 7th-8th D on a team. They have been their whole careers.

Petterson-4M, McCann 2.9M, Blueger 750k= 7.6M
Kunin-3.5M, Jankrok-2M, Cousin-1.5M, =7M

Again??what are u talking about?? The 600k cap difference?? Carrier carrier a 730k cap hit too. So basically dead even. You forgot Kunin is a RFA, u still have to sign him. He’s gonna be b/ween 2M-3.5M per

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll