SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 2)

Jan. 31, 2021 at 12:51 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
So what happens now? They can’t bury him in the ECHL, since the Rangers’ ECHL team isn’t playing. They could keep him as a healthy scratch in Hartford, but that seems like it would suck for the people on the team that have to deal with him. Is there any way a team can send a player home?

They can terminate his contract or suspend him for whatever reason
Jan. 31, 2021 at 12:53 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Terrible defensive defence man... Burns and Karlsson
Terrible human... Kane and Merkley

What did Kane & Merkley do? Sure they’ve done suspendable stuff on the ice, but they’re nothing like DeAngelo.
yikes liked this.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 12:55 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
They can terminate his contract or suspend him for whatever reason

Quoting: HabsFan77
terminate? suspend?

The problem is they need to have grounds to suspend him on. Being a terrible person can’t really be measured, and I don’t think the Rangers can terminate his contract because of it. And if they were able to terminate him, he’d be on unconditional waivers.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 12:58 p.m.
torontos finest
So what happens now? They can’t bury him in the ECHL, since the Rangers’ ECHL team isn’t playing. They could keep him as a healthy scratch in Hartford, but that seems like it would suck for the people on the team that have to deal with him. Is there any way a team can send a player home?

He sits on the taxi squad until he gets over himself.

New York signed him for more of the 60 point defenseman stuff, not the self indulgent meltdown stuff. Maybe being an arms length from the team might give him time to level out.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 1:05 p.m.
What did Kane & Merkley do? Sure they’ve done suspendable stuff on the ice, but they’re nothing like DeAngelo.

Kane has been a known locker room cancer for years
Ryan Metkley was a known locker room cancer in junior, to the point where multiple teams said they wouldn’t draft him in the seventh round and he was a mid 1st round talent.
Both could’ve gotten better now, but I seriously doubt it
Jan. 31, 2021 at 1:09 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Jan. 31, 2021 at 1:17 p.m.
Sounds like a San Jose player to me...

Kane has been a known locker room cancer for years
Ryan Metkley was a known locker room cancer in junior, to the point where multiple teams said they wouldn’t draft him in the seventh round and he was a mid 1st round talent.
Both could’ve gotten better now, but I seriously doubt it

Terrible defensive defence man... Burns and Karlsson
Terrible human... Kane and Merkley

Kane and Merkley haven’t had “locker room” issues for about;
3 years or more for Kane and Merkley hasn’t had this “issue” arise since pre draft? So again a couple years I’d say. Merkley’s recent coaches literally have said shots changed and as for Kane we haven’t had a story in years.

You’re commenting on issues that you aren’t even up to date on?

Also being a terrible DFD kinda is a ignorant diss because if it’s when you’re a good OFD really does it matter? I mean both guys won Norris and aren’t dogsh*t terrible defensively; they aren’t good (sometimes they’re very good sometimes they aren’t it’s kinda on and off with OFD) or anywhere a elite DFD (example being Vlasic from a few years ago) or aren’t better than TWD like Hedman, Josi. But they’re completely different players. Vlasic was and is god awful at offence but when he was in his prime he was arguably the best DFD - it was his style no one needed him to produce more.

If anything it says something about SJS culture being able to help guys fit in and become apart of a team.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 1:11 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: mondo
He sits on the taxi squad until he gets over himself.

New York signed him for more of the 60 point defenseman stuff, not the self indulgent meltdown stuff. Maybe being an arms length from the team might give him time to level out.

The problem is that taxi-squad players still travel with the team. So he’s still be seeing his teammates everyday, which doesn’t help the Rangers at all.
TheFlamingC liked this.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 1:13 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Sounds like a San Jose player to me...

It would be so comical to see them have EK, Burns, Tony D and Merkley all on the right side
TheFlamingC and justaBoss liked this.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 1:16 p.m.
The problem is that taxi-squad players still travel with the team. So he’s still be seeing his teammates everyday, which doesn’t help the Rangers at all.

Well send him to the AHL and let him rot
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 1:20 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
https://twitter.com/RBehan12/status/1355935925205872648?s=20

How the hell do you correctly link tweets cause that Twitter link button ain’t working for this link lol?
TheFlamingC liked this.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 1:34 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
Kane and Merkley haven’t had “locker room” issues for about;
3 years or more for Kane and Merkley hasn’t had this “issue” arise since pre draft? So again a couple years I’d say. Merkley’s recent coaches literally have said shots changed and as for Kane we haven’t had a story in years.

You’re commenting on issues that you aren’t even up to date on?

Also being a terrible DFD kinda is a ignorant diss because if it’s when you’re a good OFD really does it matter? I mean both guys won Norris and aren’t dogsh*t terrible defensively; they aren’t good (sometimes they’re very good sometimes they aren’t it’s kinda on and off with OFD) or anywhere a elite DFD (example being Vlasic from a few years ago) or aren’t better than TWD like Hedman, Josi. But they’re completely different players. Vlasic was and is god awful at offence but when he was in his prime he was arguably the best DFD - it was his style no one needed him to produce more.

If anything it says something about SJS culture being able to help guys fit in and become apart of a team.

I know the issues haven't arised in a while, I said that in one of my comments, but part of me thinks it was because of the great veteran and successful culture you guys used to have with Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski. Pavelski and Thornton are gone with Marleau on his way out. Hertl MAY be getting traded sometime soon (I wouldn't do it but it may happen), Burns may go to Seattle and now you don't have too many of these veteran leaders that you used to have. They may have corrected their issues, or they could have just been crushed into the background from all the vets. I just think that San Jose may have some locker room issues to boot on top of the weak prospect pool and terrible contracts in the next 4-5 years.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 1:37 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
It would be so comical to see them have EK, Burns, Tony D and Merkley all on the right side

LMAO

Or better yet, they could run this

DeAngelo-Karlsson
Merkley-Burns

Your entire top 4 is atrocious at defense and you have Martin Jones in net. I'd watch every Sharks game
AndrewLadd and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 2:04 p.m.
Banned
Free Tony D!
Jan. 31, 2021 at 2:11 p.m.

For those who don't know, NYRFan is Tony's poorly hidden burner account😂
Kotkaniemi15 and justaBoss liked this.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 2:18 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: HabsFan77

For those who don't know, NYRFan is Tony's poorly hidden burner account😂

He sure is a good sport to keep using it!
justaBoss liked this.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 2:19 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: jinx21
Free Tony D!

Said this in the ADA signing thread:

man the leaps and bounds people will go to to defend terrible people from any sort of criticism
yikes and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Behold everyone, the Pens' D core now that Letang is out
John Marino
POJ
Guy
Guy
Guy

Pittsburgh Penguins

Think TD would make sense for Pittsburgh
Jan. 31, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
Banned
Said this in the ADA signing thread:

You're a hero!
Jan. 31, 2021 at 2:55 p.m.
Man Tony D being bad is one of the only things the whole NHL can agree on, also apparently after the OT goal by Crosby, Georgiev went and talked to Tony about that goal since I’m pretty sure he was on the ice when it happened and Tony was having none of it and Georgiev punched him.
Also in unrelated news for the second time his year a player has hit to the head a Habs player and not been suspended as Dube hasn’t even received a hearing from the DoPS proving again that they don’t care about player safety and that the NHL’s suspensions are like wheel spins
Jan. 31, 2021 at 2:57 p.m.
Man Tony D being bad is one of the only things the whole NHL can agree on, also apparently after the OT goal by Crosby, Georgiev went and talked to Tony about that goal since I’m pretty sure he was on the ice when it happened and Tony was having none of it and Georgiev punched him.
Also in unrelated news for the second time his year a player has hit to the head a Habs player and not been suspended as Dube hasn’t even received a hearing from the DoPS proving again that they don’t care about player safety and that the NHL’s suspensions are like wheel spins

Dubes hit wasn’t suspendable. Close but not quite
Jan. 31, 2021 at 2:58 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Wait what? I can understand why they wouldn’t suspend the Myers hit, since the head wasn’t the principal point of contact, but the Dube one was clearly an illegal hit to the head. That’s complete BS.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 2:59 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Dubes hit wasn’t suspendable. Close but not quite

It was a hit directly to the head, without hitting anything before that. How was it not suspendable?
Jan. 31, 2021 at 3:05 p.m.
It was a hit directly to the head, without hitting anything before that. How was it not suspendable?

KK changed direction while Dube was in motion of the hit, he’s not a repeat offender and he only hit the head because KK was slumped over and had his head down. Not a clean hit, but I don’t think it’s suspendable. Maybe a double minor
Wqrrior liked this.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 3:08 p.m.
Quoting: jinx21
Free Tony D!

Of what? He dug his own hole... he has the power to free himself. Nobody is doing anything unwarranted to him. Guy's a loose cannon and can't keep firing shots at every team he plays on and expect to keep getting away with it.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 3:10 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
KK changed direction while Dube was in motion of the hit, he’s not a repeat offender and he only hit the head because KK was slumped over and had his head down. Not a clean hit, but I don’t think it’s suspendable. Maybe a double minor

Dubé would’ve hit KK’s head no matter which way he was facing. And there was more than enough time to see that KK’s face turned for him to let up, but he instead continued to plow full force into his face. He even put his arm up so that he could do the most damage.

KK wasn’t slumped over, that’s how he skates, and he was in that position for a long time before the hit.

This is the same type of hit that Tom Wilson was suspended for every single time.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll