Forums/Armchair-GM

Wild

Created by: OutCold13
Team: 2020-21 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 7, 2021
Published: Mar. 10, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
These moves really kind of mess up the cap, but the Wild are better than I expected, so maybe going all in isn't dumb.
The key for Guerin will be to not overpay. I realize these moves mess up the cap for next year but everyone the Wild aquire has value so they can be traded in the off season to make space. I realize I'm over the cap but Wild can play cap games to get under.
As far as expansion draft is concerned one of Johansen, Hartman, Sturm, or Soucy will be taken possibly Talbot but not like likely.
I'm sure there are lots of bad ideas in this but just wanted to try stuff.
Trades
ARI
  1. Dumba, Matt
Additional Details:
Trade needs work, but the main parts are here.
MIN
  1. Khaira, Jujhar
  2. 2022 3rd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Bonino, Nick ($2,050,000 retained)
MIN
  1. Forsberg, Filip
  2. Johansen, Ryan
Additional Details:
This trade might be dumb but trying things here.
NSH
  1. Greenway, Jordan
  2. Johansson, Marcus
  3. Rask, Victor
  4. 2021 1st round pick (MIN)
  5. 2022 2nd round pick (MIN)
  6. 2022 3rd round pick (MIN)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$77,734,424$0$1,057,500$3,765,576
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$1,487,500$1,487,500
C
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LW
UFA - 1
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 5
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$725,000$725,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,166,667$4,166,667
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$725,000$725,000
G
UFA - 2
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 3
$3,666,667$3,666,667
G
UFA - 3
$3,450,000$3,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, RW
UFA - 1
LD/RD
UFA - 1
RD
UFA - 1
C
UFA - 1
G
UFA - 1
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 10, 2021 at 1:20 a.m.
While a package starting with Dumba for Dvorak may be fair value-wise, it won’t happen and here’s why:

The Coyotes are in the same boat as the Wild are at the center position right now, desperate for NHL quality talent. Dvorak has been the Coyotes best 200 foot center this year. He’s solid defensively, is scoring at a 56 point pace (important for a team who is annually in the bottom 5 of the league for scoring), and is the only center on the coyotes roster who wins face offs on a consistent basis.

Dumba also addresses a need for the coyotes, but a much less glaring one considering we have Soderstrom in the pipeline and he should be getting top-4 min next season. Hayton is on the way for the center position but he hasn’t had the pro success that is expected of him just yet, and the coyotes would be wise to hold onto top 6 quality centers until they’re sure that he will pan out.

Bottom line is that the Coyotes probably ask for JEE in return WITH Dumba in order to make it worth it for them, which from what I can gather from Wild fans on this forum is a non-starter as well. The Wild would be better suited looking at other options for centers IMO.
OutCold13, Hedman77, jnowariak and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 1:24 a.m.
Banned
Wild have to pay kaprrizov, Joel Eriksson Ek, & fiala with 25 mil in cap room. Also, wild have to sign 7 more players considering wild have 10 free agents, & need to put a roster together.

It's also been made clear Guerin isn't taking on any long term contract.

There's no good reason for wild to trade greenway whose one of wild young players with kaprrizov leading wild in points for Filip Forsberg who has been bad dating back to last season, & is a free agent. This is giving wi li d another headache they don't need. Jordan greenway is currently better, & cheaper.

As for bonino, he's been really good lately playing on 3c/ 4c. Why are wild trading a c in bonino for bottom winger?

Wild are better keeping marcus Johnson, victor rask, & Jordan greenway
OutCold13 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 1:26 a.m.
Quoting: BrodinCheerD

Filip Forsberg who has been bad dating back to last season,

Uh, what

Are you thinking of Duchene or literally any other Predator besides Forsberg? Because I know you can't be talking about Forsberg.
OutCold13 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 1:30 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: desertdog111
While a package starting with Dumba for Dvorak may be fair value-wise, it won’t happen and here’s why:

The Coyotes are in the same boat as the Wild are at the center position right now, desperate for NHL quality talent. Dvorak has been the Coyotes best 200 foot center this year. He’s solid defensively, is scoring at a 56 point pace (important for a team who is annually in the bottom 5 of the league for scoring), and is the only center on the coyotes roster who wins face offs on a consistent basis.

Dumba also addresses a need for the coyotes, but a much less glaring one considering we have Soderstrom in the pipeline and he should be getting top-4 min next season. Hayton is on the way for the center position but he hasn’t had the pro success that is expected of him just yet, and the coyotes would be wise to hold onto top 6 quality centers until they’re sure that he will pan out.

Bottom line is that the Coyotes probably ask for JEE in return WITH Dumba in order to make it worth it for them, which from what I can gather from Wild fans on this forum is a non-starter as well. The Wild would be better suited looking at other options for centers IMO.

No disrespect, but even with Him being good, wild wouldn't do Joel Eriksson Ek for him, & add.

Only a top c like barkov is worth that much.

I am just going to put this here below how good Joel Eriksson Ek is

https://theathletic.com/2428496/2021/03/05/how-wilds-joel-eriksson-ek-has-emerged-as-one-of-the-nhls-top-two-way-forwards/
OutCold13 and desertdog111 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 1:31 a.m.
Hockey Fan13

I get what you are saying and I agree moving a center is less then ideal for the Yotes. I was listening to to Craig Morgan,on his "the Natural Hat Trick" podcast, he said that Soderstrom is a year or 2 away yet, not including this one so the absolute earliest I expect to see Soderstrom is midseason next year. He also suggested the Yotes will be looking for RDs. I don't know if you are suggesting that Dvorak is worth Dumba and JEEK, but if you are just stop, but maybe I misunderstood you.
I do agree the Yotes shouldn't be selling their centers yet so that is a bit of a hope and a prayer on my part.
desertdog111 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 1:32 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Caerii
Uh, what

Are you thinking of Duchene or literally any other Predator besides Forsberg? Because I know you can't be talking about Forsberg.

Preds fans say he hasn't been good under the coach who took over last yeat. . I actually just researched him, & he has 10 goals, so why are press fans upset with him?
Mar. 10, 2021 at 1:34 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
Wild have to pay kaprrizov, Joel Eriksson Ek, & fiala with 25 mil in cap room. Also, wild have to sign 7 more players considering wild have 10 free agents, & need to put a roster together.

It's also been made clear Guerin isn't taking on any long term contract.

There's no good reason for wild to trade greenway whose one of wild young players with kaprrizov leading wild in points for Filip Forsberg who has been bad dating back to last season, & is a free agent. This is giving wi li d another headache they don't need. Jordan greenway is currently better, & cheaper.

As for bonino, he's been really good lately playing on 3c/ 4c. Why are wild trading a c in bonino for bottom winger?

Wild are better keeping marcus Johnson, victor rask, & Jordan greenway

I am still not impressed with Bonino. I think Forsberg would be better with a better team. The cap issues I've created here I have no argument for, other than, most the pieces I've aquired have value and can be traded away in the off season for hopefully draft picks and prospects.
BrodinCheerD liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 1:37 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
Preds fans say he hasn't been good under the coach who took over last yeat. . I actually just researched him, & he has 10 goals, so why are press fans upset with him?

The whole team looks like crap under new coach and they are from Nashville so hockey doesn't come naturally for most of them. Gotta be selective on which ones you listen to.
BrodinCheerD liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 1:41 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: OutCold13
I am still not impressed with Bonino. I think Forsberg would be better with a better team. The cap issues I've created here I have no argument for, other than, most the pieces I've aquired have value and can be traded away in the off season for hopefully draft picks and prospects.

I completely understand where you are coming from.

My argument for bonino are since dean figured out he should play on 3rd-4th line c, he's been himself especially defensively on PK. Do you know if wild have any c that could play 4c? Maybe sturm? But , with wild dead set on playoffs, & fixing lockeroom division, really hard for me to see wild trading bonino

Not sure of exact numbers but wild pk is like around 90 percent, or higher?

As for Rask, him having 1 year left I think should be better for wild to keep. Fiala, & kaprrizov are going to take large amounts of cap room if their play continues like this
OutCold13 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 1:46 a.m.
Hockey Fan13

My argument for bonino are since dean figured out he should play on 3rd-4th line c, he's been himself especially defensively on PK. Do you know if wild have any c that could play 4c? Maybe sturm? But , with wild dead set on playoffs, & fixing lockeroom division, really hard for me to see wild trading bonino

As for Rask, him having 1 year left I think should be better for wild to keep. Fiala, & kaprrizov are going to take large amounts of cap room if their play continues like this

Can't argue with anything you have said. I've just seen too many offensive opportunitys where Bonino just messes the whole thing up. I really want Dean to give Sturm a bigger opportunity at center so I am happy to move Bonino.
BrodinCheerD liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 1:52 a.m.
No disrespect, but even with Him being good, wild wouldn't do Joel Eriksson Ek for him, & add.

Only a top c like barkov is worth that much.

I am just going to put this here below how good Joel Eriksson Ek is

https://theathletic.com/2428496/2021/03/05/how-wilds-joel-eriksson-ek-has-emerged-as-one-of-the-nhls-top-two-way-forwards/

I said that trade won’t happen, because I know that JEE has turned into a great player this year. What I’m saying is that it would be a disservice for the Coyotes to trade their best all around center and not get one in return. So again, deal doesn’t happen because neither the Coyotes or the Wild are willing to part ways with a center
Lightman13 and OutCold13 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 1:55 a.m.
I get what you are saying and I agree moving a center is less then ideal for the Yotes. I was listening to to Craig Morgan,on his "the Natural Hat Trick" podcast, he said that Soderstrom is a year or 2 away yet, not including this one so the absolute earliest I expect to see Soderstrom is midseason next year. He also suggested the Yotes will be looking for RDs. I don't know if you are suggesting that Dvorak is worth Dumba and JEEK, but if you are just stop, but maybe I misunderstood you.
I do agree the Yotes shouldn't be selling their centers yet so that is a bit of a hope and a prayer on my part.

No I am not saying that Dvorak is worth JEE and Dumba. See my above comment for clarification, but essentially the Coyotes won’t move Dvorak unless they’re being massively overpayed for him. And they need a center in return for him which like I said, is why it’s a bad idea for the 2 teams lacking the most in quality centers to make this trade.
jnowariak and OutCold13 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 2:11 a.m.
I wouldn't touch that NSH trade if I'm MN, it's way too much cap for them to take on.

The only trade I like is the AZ one, but it doesn't make sense for them.
Lightman13 and OutCold13 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 2:17 a.m.
Banned
Can't argue with anything you have said. I've just seen too many offensive opportunitys where Bonino just messes the whole thing up. I really want Dean to give Sturm a bigger opportunity at center so I am happy to move Bonino.

Another thing I just actually thought off, if bono's play continues like this, & Guerin is open to trading bonino, we can maybe get a 2nd with b prospect, or 3rd round pick with b prospect .

Isn't khaira a winger? Trying to remember off memory, & not look it up
OutCold13 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 3:24 a.m.
Go Preds

Nashville fan here I haven’t seen anyone say that Fil has been bad ever since he came here. He has single handed it carried us on offense for the last few years and this year isn’t a difference.
OutCold13 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 4:51 a.m.
GO LEAFS GO
Arizona Declines no one wants a over paid Dman
Mar. 10, 2021 at 4:51 a.m.
Minnesota Wild

It's 83.95% (68/81) according to Hockey Reference.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 8:38 a.m.

I’ve heard the yotes have been patient with prospects in the past but what’s the lease on a guy like Hayton? If there was a deal to get done for Dumba it would probably center around Hayton and picks, I’m not sold on Hayton and his draft slot is probably driving the discussion of his potential more than anything which is a tad concerning.

But I totally understand the idea of holding on to Dvorak. He’s a legit top 6 guy that’s on a primo contract.
Lightman13 and desertdog111 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 10:08 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
Another thing I just actually thought off, if bono's play continues like this, & Guerin is open to trading bonino, we can maybe get a 2nd with b prospect, or 3rd round pick with b prospect .

Isn't khaira a winger? Trying to remember off memory, & not look it up

Khaira, I believe has spent even time between LW and C for the Oilers. I guess I only added him to the trade to give Oilers cap space for the trade and to give the Wild a body with NHL experience.
BrodinCheerD liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 12:30 p.m.
Quoting: jnowariak
I’ve heard the yotes have been patient with prospects in the past but what’s the lease on a guy like Hayton? If there was a deal to get done for Dumba it would probably center around Hayton and picks, I’m not sold on Hayton and his draft slot is probably driving the discussion of his potential more than anything which is a tad concerning.

But I totally understand the idea of holding on to Dvorak. He’s a legit top 6 guy that’s on a primo contract.

Here’s the thing: he’s 20 years old. His development thus far hasn’t been fantastic but he was hurt a lot by the NHL-CHL agreement and not being able to play in the AHL last season, being injured after WJC last year, and the pandemic. All that being said he’s still young and I think he’ll still pan out into a good player. But until he starts showing signs of being the player that he was promised to be, the Coyotes shouldn’t be trading their current top 6 guys.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 12:33 p.m.
Here’s the thing: he’s 20 years old. His development thus far hasn’t been fantastic but he was hurt a lot by the NHL-CHL agreement and not being able to play in the AHL last season, being injured after WJC last year, and the pandemic. All that being said he’s still young and I think he’ll still pan out into a good player. But until he starts showing signs of being the player that he was promised to be, the Coyotes shouldn’t be trading their current top 6 guys.

So as an out there idea, would you center a Dumba deal around Hayton? Purely hypothetical at this point.
desertdog111 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 12:44 p.m.
Quoting: jnowariak
So as an out there idea, would you center a Dumba deal around Hayton? Purely hypothetical at this point.

I wouldn’t, but I could understand if Armstrong wants to trade him now to maximize his value if he doesn’t believe in him. He didn’t draft him and perhaps with the development of Jenik and Faranacci at center he may feel we have the organizational depth to make a big splash deal like that. But once again I think if they’re trading Hayton they need to get a center in return. And it would absolutely kill me and the whole coyotes fan base to see him traded away and for him to turn into the player that he was always promised to be.
jnowariak liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 12:52 p.m.
I wouldn’t, but I could understand if Armstrong wants to trade him now to maximize his value if he doesn’t believe in him. He didn’t draft him and perhaps with the development of Jenik and Faranacci at center he may feel we have the organizational depth to make a big splash deal like that. But once again I think if they’re trading Hayton they need to get a center in return. And it would absolutely kill me and the whole coyotes fan base to see him traded away and for him to turn into the player that he was always promised to be.

Which is obviously my hope if said trade were to happen.
desertdog111 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll