SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Which Team is in More Hell?

Which team is in more hell?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 11, 2021 at 2:09 p.m.
shorks
And by hell, I mean anything of the sort. Honorable mention goes to the LA Kings, though they look promising.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 2:18 p.m.
torontos finest
Buffalo.

San Jose needs to rebuild and will find a way out from under their heavy contracts. Anaheim is currently stocking up on great future players and have an elite goaltender to get them back into contention soon. Vancouver might be run by a giant doofus but they've got a great core of young players and their bad contracts are slowly leaving. Arizona will shape out to be a decent team. Ottawa and Detroit are on a good track for a rebuild.

But the Sabres? The Pegulas have essentially crushed that team's spirit. This April will be the 10 year anniversary of their last playoff game, and they look no closer to actually being a competitive team today than they did on draft day in 2015. People are pegging their best player since Hasek for a lowball trade. Their front office is stocked with yes man more loyal to the owners than putting a competent product on the ice. They struggle to draft and develop players. They look hopeless.
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf, Laniccal and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
SHL NJD GM
Buffalo then SJS, don't see why Ana or Ott is on the list, detroit too. Vancouver will be out in 2 years when the bad contracts expires and Arizona is looking good
Laniccal and KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 2:24 p.m.
shorks
Quoting: mondo
Buffalo.

San Jose needs to rebuild and will find a way out from under their heavy contracts. Anaheim is currently stocking up on great future players and have an elite goaltender to get them back into contention soon. Vancouver might be run by a giant doofus but they've got a great core of young players and their bad contracts are slowly leaving. Arizona will shape out to be a decent team. Ottawa and Detroit are on a good track for a rebuild.

But the Sabres? The Pegulas have essentially crushed that team's spirit. This April will be the 10 year anniversary of their last playoff game, and they look no closer to actually being a competitive team today than they did on draft day in 2015. People are pegging their best player since Hasek for a lowball trade. Their front office is stocked with yes man more loyal to the owners than putting a competent product on the ice. They struggle to draft and develop players. They look hopeless.

The Sabres are like the Oilers of the 2000s. A blip of success(1999) sandwiched with failure and eternal pain. The Pegulas are more focused on the Bills than the Sabres. They are ruining Jack Eichel. They are ruining Rasmus Dahlin. They are the Cleveland Browns. They have a long t-shirt list of coaches, captains, failed prospects, star players giving them a '**** you' and leaving for contenders.
Ottawa(**** Melnyk and Dorion) are a team, and they look great with Sharks legends in Tierney, Norris, and Stutzle. The Red Wings have Stevie and got out of cap hell. Arizona is dysfunctional but they have a decent team. Jim Benning and Travis Green are sort of ruining the Canucks, but I digress. The Sharks are in hell due to DW going all in all the time. Jones, Vlasic, and EK65 have bad contracts. If we didn't get the three? We could've had Donskoi, Pavelski, (perhaps) an elite goaltender, and other depth pieces. Sharks have good youth though.
Amazing post from you man!
Mar. 11, 2021 at 2:40 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Laniccal
The Sabres are like the Oilers of the 2000s. A blip of success(1999) sandwiched with failure and eternal pain. The Pegulas are more focused on the Bills than the Sabres. They are ruining Jack Eichel. They are ruining Rasmus Dahlin. They are the Cleveland Browns. They have a long t-shirt list of coaches, captains, failed prospects, star players giving them a '**** you' and leaving for contenders.
Ottawa(**** Melnyk and Dorion) are a team, and they look great with Sharks legends in Tierney, Norris, and Stutzle. The Red Wings have Stevie and got out of cap hell. Arizona is dysfunctional but they have a decent team. Jim Benning and Travis Green are sort of ruining the Canucks, but I digress. The Sharks are in hell due to DW going all in all the time. Jones, Vlasic, and EK65 have bad contracts. If we didn't get the three? We could've had Donskoi, Pavelski, (perhaps) an elite goaltender, and other depth pieces. Sharks have good youth though.
Amazing post from you man!

You can definitely find a silver lining for most of the teams listed, even the Sharks. It's very hard to find one for the Sabres.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 4:23 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Buffalo then SJS, don't see why Ana or Ott is on the list, detroit too. Vancouver will be out in 2 years when the bad contracts expires and Arizona is looking good

Arizona's issues aren't with the team on the ice but more the dubious position the organization is in as a whole.

I'd say Buffalo then Arizona them San Jose then Anaheim, Ottawa, Detroit tied then finally Vancouver. The Canucks are stalling out some contracts and suffering teething issues for their young core they'll be closer to competing than anyone else on this list in the next 2 years.
Laniccal and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Mar. 14, 2021 at 5:03 a.m.
Of the 10 worst NHL contracts signed in the last 10 years I'd be willing to bet BUF has signed at least 3 of them (Skinner, Okposo, Moulson). All 3 were huge $$$ and all 3 were massive busts. They also haven't drafted well at all and they cant develop players. I believe the Yotes are 2nd worst, but they're a distant 2nd.
Mar. 14, 2021 at 5:07 a.m.
I actually think LAK, ANA, and OTT are in pretty solid shape right now. All 3 are pretty loaded with young talent. DET has Yzerman and he'll right the ship in a couple years. SJS is in big trouble, but they're a quality organization and they'll rebound. VAN will also rebound when they shed some of their big money veteran contracts like Eriksson. Anytime you have a really good young Goalie, you're in good shape. Demko is the real deal.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 15, 2021 at 9:39 a.m.
I voted arizona solely because of their draft capital, prospect capital, and i mean lets face it... everyone says they are the next relocation team.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 15, 2021 at 1:01 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
I voted arizona solely because of their draft capital, prospect capital, and i mean lets face it... everyone says they are the next relocation team.

Totally but they haven't wasted the career of a franchise altering talent. If Buffalo was located anywhere else they'd be a relocation candidate. They just lucked into an incredibly loyal fanbase.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 15, 2021 at 1:23 p.m.
Quoting: Rangsey
Totally but they haven't wasted the career of a franchise altering talent. If Buffalo was located anywhere else they'd be a relocation candidate. They just lucked into an incredibly loyal fanbase.

I think its time we stop labeling eichel a "franchise altering talent" because hes been there for what 5 years now. he hasnt exactly altered the franchise. obviously it takes a team not a singular player, but i dont think he should be held to the same level as other franchise talents. He is still an elite player dont get me wrong i just dont think you should include him in that top of the top echelon of talent.
Mar. 15, 2021 at 1:34 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Buffalo and then Sharks because of long term, overpaid, untradable contracts are in bad shape.
Sens, Wings and Ducks are in good shape as lots of cap or so soon will be lots of cap.
Arizona seems to stuck in the middle with no great prospects
Canucks, will lose have some bad contracts due to their expiration and have then will have to shell out to retain their RFAs. Seems to stuck in the middle...for years to come.
Mar. 15, 2021 at 2:09 p.m.
I think its time we stop labeling eichel a "franchise altering talent" because hes been there for what 5 years now. he hasnt exactly altered the franchise. obviously it takes a team not a singular player, but i dont think he should be held to the same level as other franchise talents. He is still an elite player dont get me wrong i just dont think you should include him in that top of the top echelon of talent.

I absolutely agree we should, because he and buffalo have been mismanaged and squandered. Same thing is a about to happen to Dahlin.
hanson493 liked this.
Mar. 15, 2021 at 2:10 p.m.
Quoting: Rangsey
I absolutely agree we should, because he and buffalo have been mismanaged and squandered. Same thing is a about to happen to Dahlin.

think it already has for dahlin which is sad.
A_Habs_fan and Laniccal liked this.
Mar. 15, 2021 at 2:13 p.m.
think it already has for dahlin which is sad.

Not yet. But he needs to be in a different system fast. Kruger has to go.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit