Forums/Armchair-GM

Bowman Fired

Created by: ChiHawk
Team: 2021-22 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 26, 2021
Published: Oct. 26, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Bowman is finally gone, good. Now a true rebuild can begin by letting go of Kane and Toews, they need to join contenders. Flowers obviously as well. Johnson is likely unmoveable but buy him out in the offseason. Let's let these younger guys play and see what they've got. De Haan, Carps, Khaira all move on in the offseason as well. Lowry can be traded as well. Time for a full rebuild on the heals of Cat, Kubs, Dach, Reichel, Lankinen.
Trades
CHI
  1. Lowry, Adam
  2. 2023 1st round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
Jets upgrade at minimal cost
WPG
  1. Toews, Jonathan ($5,000,000 retained)
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (CHI)
NYR
  1. Kane, Patrick ($4,500,000 retained)
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
Reunited with Panarin should do a lot of damage for New York
CHI
  1. Mrázek, Petr ($500,000 retained)
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Mrazek is a bit of a dump to a rebuilding team, but provides veteran leadership to the future goalie prospects and a young Lankinen
TOR
  1. Fleury, Marc-André ($3,500,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Campbell and Flowers should make this is a better goalie tandem then Mrazek
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$70,804,214$452,439$6,372,500$10,695,786
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$307,500$308K)
LW, C
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 1
$3,700,000$3,700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$6,400,000$6,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
RFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$811,667$811,667 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$997,500$997,500
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$975,000$975,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,300,000$3,300,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 26, 2021 at 4:51 p.m.
Quoting: coga16
dude, are you really trying to discredit what multiple people have all collaborated to being true and in facts these accounts were known. This isnt cancel culture, this is a cover up of sexual assault

There were adults, being 21 doesnt mean you get to say I didnt know nay better when you are being pulled over for. DUI, etc etc.

I'm trying to say, you holding Toews and Kane accountable at the age of 21 for a homophobic slur they may or may not heard on the ice based on a report that has a lot of conflicting accounts on the facts is silly. Nobody is questioning whether there was or wasn't sexual assault or whether Bowman knew or not...that much is fact. Whether Kane or Toews knew about it and further knew about a slur used on the ice or said it themselves (or whether that part happened) is all conjecture. What I'm saying, is at the age of 21, they weren't bullying players. Hockey culture is a hierarchy on the ice as i'm sure you're aware based on seniority most often and likely some vets knew about it and probably did make statements but the young guys on teams don't have a loud voice generally, don't know all the banter going on, and aren't bullying...again generally speaking.

That's my point, I just don't see how you just assume Kane and Toews are a part of this and hold them accountable by association...that's cancel culture...jumping to conclusions based on conjecture.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 4:52 p.m.
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
Dude is freaking delusional.

Careful, I promise I've been following this a lot closer then you have.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 4:53 p.m.
Quoting: mhroblak
Mind hitting me up with a link? That is horrendous if true.

I was watching the hockey guy and he linked it in his video description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-9O5qdla9Y
Masonh618 liked this.
I don’t see why not wanting anything to do with the personnel from that 2010 team team is such a bad thing. They literally were part of the entire damn coverup that led to more people being assaulted. That **** ain’t right.

I agree, why would anyone want to deal with any sort of connection to the 2010 hawks, right now they have a stink on them that is just a PR nightmare

It wasn't just a few days ago that everyone on this site was dumping on Evander Kane saying how hes toxic and no one wants to trade for him etc etc....so if you believe that and I guarantee hawks fans were posting that as well, then you see why no one who want to trade anything of value for players connected to the cover up hawks
HOCKEYBOY448 and Masonh618 liked this.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Careful, I promise I've been following this a lot closer then you have.

Than your excusal or lack of empathy for the entire situation is truly disturbing.
CD282 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 4:54 p.m.
I agree, why would anyone want to deal with any sort of connection to the 2010 hawks, right now they have a stink on them that is just a PR nightmare

It wasn't just a few days ago that everyone on this site was dumping on Evander Kane saying how hes toxic and no one wants to trade for him etc etc....so if you believe that and I guarantee hawks fans were posting that as well, then you see why no one who want to trade anything of value for players connected to the cover up hawks

Exactly this.
coga16 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 4:54 p.m.
Last time I checked a 21 year is an adult that can speak up. It’s not like they were minor role players, they were star players. The fact they didn’t speak up says volumes to the awful culture of that team that put winning over basic human decency.

Again, here we go with cancel culture. So you know for a fact, the youngest guys on the teams were well aware of the allocations, even going as far as participating in bullying? That is exactly what i'm saying. You are making huge leaps into assuming things that are not in the report about Toews and Kane.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 4:55 p.m.
Again, here we go with cancel culture. So you know for a fact, the youngest guys on the teams were well aware of the allocations, even going as far as participating in bullying? That is exactly what i'm saying. You are making huge leaps into assuming things that are not in the report about Toews and Kane.

I never said that. All I said from the start was not wanting anything to do with the org today and especially guys from the 2010 team.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.
I'm trying to say, you holding Toews and Kane accountable at the age of 21 for a homophobic slur they may or may not heard on the ice based on a report that has a lot of conflicting accounts on the facts is silly. Nobody is questioning whether there was or wasn't sexual assault or whether Bowman knew or not...that much is fact. Whether Kane or Toews knew about it and further knew about a slur used on the ice or said it themselves (or whether that part happened) is all conjecture. What I'm saying, is at the age of 21, they weren't bullying players. Hockey culture is a hierarchy on the ice as i'm sure you're aware based on seniority most often and likely some vets knew about it and probably did make statements but the young guys on teams don't have a loud voice generally, don't know all the banter going on, and aren't bullying...again generally speaking.

That's my point, I just don't see how you just assume Kane and Toews are a part of this and hold them accountable by association...that's cancel culture...jumping to conclusions based on conjecture.

im not holding anyone accountable, I said IF from the very beginning, IF they knew something its not unreasonable for teams to avoid wanting to be connected to them
HOCKEYBOY448 and ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:05 p.m.
I was watching the hockey guy and he linked it in his video description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-9O5qdla9Y

This is exactly the problem with society today and the media hype; this is cancel culture at it's finest.

A) Evander Kane is a really bad example. He committed crimes, was at the center of the problem. Did they hold everyone else on the team responsible? Should Brent Burns be punished?
B) You have zero proof, that Kane and Toews personally knew what happened. You guys are acting like the accuser walked into the locker room and said "hey guys, just want everyone to know the video coach sexually assaulted me". If that happened then fair enough, but plenty of reports say only a few players knew and it would be a huge leap to say the youngest guys on the team were the ones; maybe but you and I both don't know.
C) They interviewed past players, present players, and retired players and there were conflicting reports on who knew what, how many people knew what, and what actually happened.

But hey, in today's culture, let's not hold the people who factually did know (Bowman and others in the front office), let's hold everyone accountable to the equipment manager down to the gate attendant in section 201. Have you guys ever worked for a large organization before? This unfortunately happens everyday in big companies, gender bias, racial bias, sexual harrassment and people that knew and didn't report it or were in positions of power that don't handle are dealt with but you don't just go accusing everyone that's ever worked there.

That is my point; you guys don't know what happened and just assume Kane and Toews are involved...that is all I'm saying.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:06 p.m.
im not holding anyone accountable, I said IF from the very beginning, IF they knew something its not unreasonable for teams to avoid wanting to be connected to them

That is a fair assessment by all means then. That's all I'm trying to say, if they weren't involved then they shouldn't be punished.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:06 p.m.
This is exactly the problem with society today and the media hype; this is cancel culture at it's finest.

A) Evander Kane is a really bad example. He committed crimes, was at the center of the problem. Did they hold everyone else on the team responsible? Should Brent Burns be punished?
B) You have zero proof, that Kane and Toews personally knew what happened. You guys are acting like the accuser walked into the locker room and said "hey guys, just want everyone to know the video coach sexually assaulted me". If that happened then fair enough, but plenty of reports say only a few players knew and it would be a huge leap to say the youngest guys on the team were the ones; maybe but you and I both don't know.
C) They interviewed past players, present players, and retired players and there were conflicting reports on who knew what, how many people knew what, and what actually happened.

But hey, in today's culture, let's not hold the people who factually did know (Bowman and others in the front office), let's hold everyone accountable to the equipment manager down to the gate attendant in section 201. Have you guys ever worked for a large organization before? This unfortunately happens everyday in big companies, gender bias, racial bias, sexual harrassment and people that knew and didn't report it or were in positions of power that don't handle are dealt with but you don't just go accusing everyone that's ever worked there.

That is my point; you guys don't know what happened and just assume Kane and Toews are involved...that is all I'm saying.

I never accused them of knowing anything, I don’t see what is wrong with not wanting to trade for them. I literally didn’t say anything about them, I just don’t like the trade given where the Rangers currently are. The Isles are a better fit, but they’ve got cap issues. Never said either of them should be punished or anything like that.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:08 p.m.

And you dont know either, so you cant go on a soap box preaching about cancel culture...in reality all we are saying is its best to avoid anything from the 2010 hawks bc the fall out of information, and connections to this indecent are far from over
Masonh618 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:09 p.m.
That is a fair assessment by all means then. That's all I'm trying to say, if they weren't involved then they shouldn't be punished.

they arent being punished, they are still employed by the national hockey league and playing games.

Teams and fans of other teams not wanting them bc they were part of that era isnt a punishment
CD282 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:10 p.m.
I never said that. All I said from the start was not wanting anything to do with the org today and especially guys from the 2010 team.

While I appreciate your high moral ground you are taking, I hope you don't use, and therefore help fund, any sort of social media, especially facebook and instagram, companies that have provided a platform that fuels suicides, infidelity, racism, rape, bullying, etc. I don't personally for those reasons.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:12 p.m.
Teams and fans of other teams not wanting them bc they were part of that era isnt a punishment

That is punishment by association and cancel culture right there. What if Kane and Toews knew nothing about this and are disgusted like we all are? What if they want to demand a trade tomorrow because they are emotionally upset? So you are saying teams should not want them and fans should not want to support them? How is that not punishment and cancel culture?
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:13 p.m.
That is punishment by association and cancel culture right there. What if Kane and Toews knew nothing about this and are disgusted like we all are? What if they want to demand a trade tomorrow because they are emotionally upset? So you are saying teams should not want them and fans should not want to support them? How is that not punishment and cancel culture?

That isnt punishment or cancel culture.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:13 p.m.
I never accused them of knowing anything, I don’t see what is wrong with not wanting to trade for them. I literally didn’t say anything about them, I just don’t like the trade given where the Rangers currently are. The Isles are a better fit, but they’ve got cap issues. Never said either of them should be punished or anything like that.

In fairness you also said you didn't want them because they were on the team in 2010, thus the accusation in your mind is guilty by association regardless if they knew nothing or not.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:15 p.m.
That isnt punishment or cancel culture.

Actually that is. That is punishing someone and canceling them out just because they happened to be on team where wrong took place that they may or may not knew about. That is literally saying..."sorry pal, you were at the wrong place and wrong time so you have to remain on that team if you want to continue your career because nobody else wants you"...that is absolutely cancelling Kane and Toews out
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:16 p.m.
Actually that is. That is punishing someone and canceling them out just because they happened to be on team where wrong took place that they may or may not knew about. That is literally saying..."sorry pal, you were at the wrong place and wrong time so you have to remain on that team if you want to continue your career because nobody else wants you"...that is absolutely cancelling Kane and Toews out

could say I wouldnt int them on avs bc they re aging, cost too much cap hit, at the make them fit they would make my team worse with who we would have the moved out to accomdoate their cap hit

I also can say I would like my team to void acquiring players who are connected to the 2010 blackhwks who will be asked my media bout their knowledge and be a distraction for a cup contending team

That isnt cancel culture...I think this just boils down to you really just dont like the other fans dont want or like your stars.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:24 p.m.
could say I wouldnt int them on avs bc they re aging, cost too much cap hit, at the make them fit they would make my team worse with who we would have the moved out to accomdoate their cap hit

That is 100% fair and accurate

"I also can say I would like my team to void acquiring players who are connected to the 2010 blackhwks who will be asked my media bout their knowledge and be a distraction for a cup contending team"

That is fair, but not how you originally positioned yourself

That isnt cancel culture...I think this just boils down to you really just dont like the other fans dont want or like your stars.

That's not the truth. Forums are a place to have a discussion whether we agree with one another or not. If you don't want to Kane or Toews (since you're an avs fan really doesn't apply as they are not good fits) objectively that's fair. But flaming them and saying no team should want them simply for being on the 2010 team because "they probably knew" is cancel culture. Objective reasons I'm okay with as is anyone with a brain okay with regardless of whether we agree on it or not.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:29 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
It's doable next year based on DuBois's contract. If he signs a long term enormous deal at $10M per year cap hit then no, but at a bridge deal definitely doable. Toews obviously, being one of the best captains in the league, brings a lot of leadership abilities and still rarely makes a defensive mistake. I think it's a pretty good upgrade from Lowry personally. Also Toews heads home every summer and sold his place in Chicago recently so betting he would waive.

My comment was more on the up against the cap, and lack of a spot with Dubois filling 2c, before the dubois trade, I would have the opposite opinion and be all for a toews 1a, 1b role with scheifele. Jets big need is backup tender, and rhd trigger man on pp. fill laines pp specialist role especially if the league is serious on calling more penalties, special teams is going to be make or break this year.
ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:32 p.m.
exo2769
The Wirtz family needs to sell the team. Bettman needs to reach out to Adam Silver and how they approached Don Sterling situation with the Clippers. EVERYONE in power needs to go. Q fired. Chevy fired. Marc Bergevin who people aren't talking about...why is MTL not willing to extend him? MB also drafted Mailloux... Everyone from that organization needs to be sent to into retirement from the NHL. I'm sure there are exceptions to every rule, but I can't think of those exceptions right now.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:33 p.m.
That is 100% fair and accurate

"I also can say I would like my team to void acquiring players who are connected to the 2010 blackhwks who will be asked my media bout their knowledge and be a distraction for a cup contending team"

That is fair, but not how you originally positioned yourself

That's not the truth. Forums are a place to have a discussion whether we agree with one another or not. If you don't want to Kane or Toews (since you're an avs fan really doesn't apply as they are not good fits) objectively that's fair. But flaming them and saying no team should want them simply for being on the 2010 team because "they probably knew" is cancel culture. Objective reasons I'm okay with as is anyone with a brain okay with regardless of whether we agree on it or not.

right now what has been uncovered and reported its best not to create connections to said players.

What ws reported out of the 14 hawks players the were interviewed, 6 said they didnt know of nothing, 6 said they knew of something after the video coach was fired, and 2 said they knew and those re Boyton and Sopel who came out and confirmed the themselves

You call it cancel culture, I say it would be teams and organizations erring on the side of caution bc even that type of statement, there is good probability they they knew of something at some point during those years, Its not pairing them in the best light t this moment

Being cautious isnt cancel culture
ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 26, 2021 at 5:34 p.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
My comment was more on the up against the cap, and lack of a spot with Dubois filling 2c, before the dubois trade, I would have the opposite opinion and be all for a toews 1a, 1b role with scheifele. Jets big need is backup tender, and rhd trigger man on pp. fill laines pp specialist role especially if the league is serious on calling more penalties, special teams is going to be make or break this year.

Agree with everything you're saying but still see tremendous value in Toews as a 3C, a roll I saw him being a perfect fit for towards the end of his career as shutdown center, faceoff guy, transition guy, etc. He's never been what I would call one dimensional like Kane which helps he being a plug in the center role anywhere in the top 9.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll