$3,050,000$3,050,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$889,166$889,166
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
RFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 9, 2021 at 3:10 p.m.
I’d take Hägg for a 4th at the deadline if Lindholm is moved
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 3:12 p.m.
Those values look about right - for some strange reason I think the Sabres might try to resign Caggiula- I could also picture a trade for Anderson if a goalie goes down
Nov. 9, 2021 at 4:06 p.m.
Yeah.... once again.

NO
Nov. 9, 2021 at 5:37 p.m.
Quoting: RazWild
Yeah.... once again.

NO

What lol
Nov. 9, 2021 at 5:54 p.m.
Quoting: LindyRuffRider
What lol

It's the second time I've seen that exact trade today. In both instances the answer is the same.

No.

We don't need or want Hinostroza.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 7:56 p.m.
It's the second time I've seen that exact trade today. In both instances the answer is the same.

No.

We don't need or want Hinostroza.

I don't think you're Bill Guerin.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 8:02 p.m.
I don't think you're Bill Guerin.

Funny... You're not a NHL GM either. Doesn't stop you from posting mock trades or my ability to understand what the team I cheer for does or doesn't need.

Cheers 🍻
Caerii and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 8:21 p.m.
Funny... You're not a NHL GM either. Doesn't stop you from posting mock trades or my ability to understand what the team I cheer for does or doesn't need.

Cheers 🍻

I never said I was. I just think it's weird to say, "we don't need or want him" like you have any clue what Guerin wants. Who knows what happens at the deadline. Maybe someone gets injured and Guerin is interested in some cheap depth for the playoffs.

Just kind of weird m8
Nov. 9, 2021 at 8:38 p.m.
I never said I was. I just think it's weird to say, "we don't need or want him" like you have any clue what Guerin wants. Who knows what happens at the deadline. Maybe someone gets injured and Guerin is interested in some cheap depth for the playoffs.

Just kind of weird m8

He hasn't been interested in that the last two years so I can't see him starting now, but hey, you're technically correct, which is definitely a kind of correct.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 8:46 p.m.

Just kind of weird m8

1) Wild are considered to have the best depth across the entire NHL by analytics.

2) If we have any injuries, we have plenty of depth within our own system to cover the deficit. Prospects like Boldy... when healthy, or Beckman, Rossi, Dewar, Shaw, or minor leaguers like Kyle Rau all fit that bill.

Specifically Boldy, Beckman, Rossi and Dewar are all NHL ready or could easily handle NHL duties. Just not in the preferred top six roles you would want at least the first three in. But as a injury call up? They're all perfectly fine and capable choices. They also bring the added bonus of being even cheaper than Hinostroza.

3) Wasting assets for a winger we don't need when we already have internal replacement options available that are potentially just as good if not better. Is just that... a waste.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 8:58 p.m.
1) Wild are considered to have the best depth across the entire NHL by analytics.

2) If we have any injuries, we have plenty of depth within our own system to cover the deficit. Prospects like Boldy... when healthy, or Beckman, Rossi, Dewar, Shaw, or minor leaguers like Kyle Rau all fit that bill.

Specifically Boldy, Beckman, Rossi and Dewar are all NHL ready or could easily handle NHL duties. Just not in the preferred top six roles you would want at least the first three in. But as a injury call up? They're all perfectly fine and capable choices. They also bring the added bonus of being even cheaper than Hinostroza.

3) Wasting assets for a winger we don't need when we already have internal replacement options available that are potentially just as good if not better. Is just that... a waste.

Dewar, Beckman, and Rau belong nowhere near NHL ice, we all just saw that 1st hand.

MN could use a depth winger. Pitlick and Rask are in the lineup currently with only Greenway out. Boldy is the only FWD prospect that "might" be a better a option than anyone on the NHL roster.

Adding now isn't something I'd do, but at the TDL if a cheap depth FWD rental is worth looking at.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 9:05 p.m.
Quoting: wabit
Dewar, Beckman, and Rau belong nowhere near NHL ice, we all just saw that 1st hand.

MN could use a depth winger. Pitlick and Rask are in the lineup currently with only Greenway out. Boldy is the only FWD prospect that "might" be a better a option than anyone on the NHL roster.

Adding now isn't something I'd do, but at the TDL if a cheap depth FWD rental is worth looking at.

Any one of them would have been better if they weren't all linemates. Dewar specifically can hang as long as his linemates aren't other AHL players. Beckman needs more seasoning. Rau shouldn't ever be in the NHL and I have no idea why they keep him around as the first call-up.
RazWild liked this.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 9:22 p.m.
Quoting: Caerii
Any one of them would have been better if they weren't all linemates. Dewar specifically can hang as long as his linemates aren't other AHL players. Beckman needs more seasoning. Rau shouldn't ever be in the NHL and I have no idea why they keep him around as the first call-up.

Exactly, but my point is that they all work just fine as injury call ups. A depth winger isn't necessary.

Rau is ok, so long as it's for that reason alone. But I'd agree that he's quickly becoming irrelevant with other options that should be called up before him.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 9:23 p.m.
Exactly, but my point is that they all work just fine as injury call ups. A depth winger isn't necessary.

Rau is ok, so long as it's for that reason alone. But I'd agree that he's quickly becoming irrelevant with other options that should be called up before him.

Oh yeah, I agree with you. I was disagreeing with the notion that none of them (specifically Dewar) belong in the NHL right now. Dewar was good, you just can't expect a line like that to succeed in the NHL. It's not realistic or fair to those players.
RazWild liked this.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 9:27 p.m.

And this stretch with him out due to injury should be all the empirical proof one should need that Greenway is expendable and isn't needed. The team didn't lose a step or miss him one iota. Which in and of itself, is damning. Guerin should already be looking to move one unnecessary winger, why on earth should he be looking to bring in a second one?
Caerii liked this.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 9:57 p.m.
And this stretch with him out due to injury should be all the empirical proof one should need that Greenway is expendable and isn't needed. The team didn't lose a step or miss him one iota. Which in and of itself, is damning. Guerin should already be looking to move one unnecessary winger, why on earth should he be looking to bring in a second one?

Proof how? They played 1 good game (NYI), 1 bad game (COL), and barely survived against 2 bad teams (OTT/PIT).

They've been a 3 line team since Greenway has been out. Whatever combo of Dewar, Beckman, Rau, Rask, Pitlick, and Bjugstad you want to put on the ice is a junk line.

Being a 3 line team isn't a bad thing for, it's actually put players in position to succeed. Fiala has component linemates, JEE/Foligno are back together, Sturm is getting the ice time he deserves, Hartman is back on the wing, etc. Freddy G is the only FWD out of place (between Kaprizov/Zucc, but nobody else fits there either). The lineup falls into place if MN gets Kap/Zucc a center and Boldy gets healthy and ready for the NHL.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 10:18 p.m.
Proof how? They played 1 good game (NYI), 1 bad game (COL), and barely survived against 2 bad teams (OTT/PIT).

They've been a 3 line team since Greenway has been out. Whatever combo of Dewar, Beckman, Rau, Rask, Pitlick, and Bjugstad you want to put on the ice is a junk line.

Being a 3 line team isn't a bad thing for, it's actually put players in position to succeed. Fiala has component linemates, JEE/Foligno are back together, Sturm is getting the ice time he deserves, Hartman is back on the wing, etc. Freddy G is the only FWD out of place (between Kaprizov/Zucc, but nobody else fits there either). The lineup falls into place if MN gets Kap/Zucc a center and Boldy gets healthy and ready for the NHL.

Greenway's last game played was against Colorado. He's been out with injury ever since.

And that *junk* line as you put it has been our hardest working line all year. It also happens to be considered the best 4th line in hockey league wide by analytics. The team is four lines deep, not 3.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 10:40 p.m.
Greenway's last game played was against Colorado. He's been out with injury ever since.

And that *junk* line as you put it has been our hardest working line all year. It also happens to be considered the best 4th line in hockey league wide by analytics. The team is four lines deep, not 3.

Notice who I listed as the players for a junk line. You can't hide all 3 of them in a lineup. 2 can be done but it hurts, 1 is simple to do.

Greenway did not play against COL. He was put on IR on the 29th, the COL game was the 30th.

Edit* glad you noticed that teams need 4 lines. MN has 3 lines now, and 1 junk line (Pitlick/Rask/Bjugstad).
Nov. 10, 2021 at 7:55 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Caps have no space for Caggiula, even with the injuries they seem content to play the rookies instead of getting any free agents.
Nov. 10, 2021 at 12:01 p.m.
Edited Nov. 10, 2021 at 12:11 p.m.
Quoting: Sabresforlife
Those values look about right - for some strange reason I think the Sabres might try to resign Caggiula- I could also picture a trade for Anderson if a goalie goes down
@LindyRuffRider
You did a good job with the values.
You also picked good landing spots for both Miller and Hagg.
You kept Pysyk (this is a good move) and we may even want to keep Miller as he has certainly adapted to the Granato system.
But if Laaksonen can produce in the NHL as he can in Rochester, then Miller is certainly not needed.
I sort of think Hinostroza and Caggiula will not be traded unless a team approaches the Sabres (which very well may be the case).
IMO they signed here because of Granato but also Hinostroza is producing and Caggiula has the highest SHTOI/gm of all forwards.

@RazWild
You know your team better I, but Hinostroza is on pace to 40 pts this season.
Which of Beckman, Rossi, Dewar, Shaw, Kyle Rau are scoring that well.
I am not to say, Guerin would make the trade but fourth round pick for 40 pts is a shear bargain.
Let me add, this is not a fluke, he was on pace to more than that while he played for Chicago last year.
Let me further illustrate, only Asplund and Olofsson have a higher pts/60 than he.
But I will defer to your sagacious opinion and let some other team bid on him.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll