SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

What is the worst contract currently on TOR?

Nov. 12, 2021 at 12:46 p.m.
I'm gonna make a challenge in AGM, but can't figure out which one to use for TOR. Tavares? Kerfoot? Marner? Ritchie? Someone else? It's hard to choose when the big contracts are producing, but they're also not great contracts anyway. And then Kerfoot is much less $$, but hasn't really lived up to it in TOR -- similar situation for Ritchie so far. What do you think?
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: villenash
I'm gonna make a challenge in AGM, but can't figure out which one to use for TOR. Tavares? Kerfoot? Marner? Ritchie? Someone else? It's hard to choose when the big contracts are producing, but they're also not great contracts anyway. And then Kerfoot is much less $$, but hasn't really lived up to it in TOR -- similar situation for Ritchie so far. What do you think?

Ritchie 100%
A_Habs_fan, villenash and Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
SHL NJD GM
I'm gonna make a challenge in AGM, but can't figure out which one to use for TOR. Tavares? Kerfoot? Marner? Someone else? It's hard to choose when the big contracts are producing, but they're also not great contracts anyway. And then Kerfoot is much less $$, but hasn't really lived up to it in TOR. What do you think?

Though choice, Nick Ritchie and Holl are technically options just off of how much Leafs fans hate on them, I think the Marner and Tavares deals aren't bad but you have to pick someone
EsoYeezus69 and villenash liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 1:28 p.m.
Worst contract? Tavares. Simply put, too much money locked up into the top 6 forward group. your 2c shouldnt be making that much money. Its great you have a 2nd 1a esq center but even if you split them 20min toi+ thats still taking away a solid depth player or 2 off the roster. Worst player given a contract to? Ritchie lmao. Im also slightly shocked mrazek was the target for the leafs after being injured for most of last year.
villenash liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 1:33 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Ritchie for now but if he continues to play like he did against Philly might need to change that answer to maybe Holl. Kerfoot as a top 6 lw works with the money but as a middle 6 wing or center yeah that's where problems occur

People gonna say JT but man has he played well this year. Worth every penny of that 11mill and honestly I don't see him slowing down even as he gets older. Just look at Kopitar lul found the fountain of youth. Marner also has looked much better than he did 2 weeks ago going on an insane point run in his last 7 games
villenash liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 1:36 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Ritchie for now but if he continues to play like he did against Philly might need to change that answer

People gonna say JT but man has he played well this year. Worth every penny of that 11mill and honestly I don't see him slowing down even as he gets older. Just look at Kopitar lul found the fountain of youth

i think youre a leafs fan, so as a bruins fan here ritchie will have about 10 games, scattered throughout the year where he finds a way to play like he should, he will wow you and youll get excited and be like wow this is his potential see he can be a good player... and then the other 72 games he just looks like hes never played hockey before.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 3:42 p.m.
torontos finest
Right now it's Ritchie. 2.5M x 2Y isn't atrocious but Toronto is a team that needs to walk a fine line with their depth and having that for someone who asked looked good beyond the fourth line is terrible. He's also the hardest to offload. Kerfoot, Holl, Mrazek may be contenders for bad contracts but someone, somewhere will absolutely take them. Ritchie is a tougher sell if he keeps up his 0.1 P/PG performance.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 5:55 p.m.
I think Marner would be a good contract if he cost 12.5% less. That'd be around $9.5M AAV off the top of my head. If Richie were paid $2.2M AAV instead of $2.5M AAV, his contract would still suck, lol.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 10:21 a.m.
I think a lot of people are gonna say Tavares

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll