Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:12 p.m.
Quoting: matt59
Before I had to leave and go take care of real life business I was going to write a long speech like thing explaining what the purpose, vision and reasoning behind a second version of the game. But that was two hours ago. Clearly a lot has changed but the hell with it I'm writing it now.

The main purpose behind V2 was to provide a much more structured game with all the rules in place before the game began so that we didn't have to make rules on the fly, we all know that this game was not structured ideally as we were making rules on the fly and we weren't sure how to format stuff. The other issue was that trades were allowed to be made before every team had a GM. Another thing was that the trade scenarios we've made here are extremely unrealistic. Beyond the mockery of the game today, teams have made 40-50 even more trades and my team is of guilty of that as well. In V2 the plan was to have a limit on trades so that teams have to strategize their moves and be smart about what they're doing, not "making moves for the sake of making moves". That's not what GMs do in real life. That's not what we should do in V2.

I'm just gonna pause this rant here for now and see what feedback it gets and then respond to what's going on.
For the record, I think we should revert davids trades and appoint a new pens GM.

What pisses me right the eff off matt is not that you guys decided to take it upon yourselves to create a new GM game. That's fine. We absolutely should have a new game set up with better rules and such. Its that without giving full disclaimer to the rest of the GM's here that a new game was starting and that this game would be disregarded. Meaning I wasted a bunch of time on a game that was about to be kicked to the curb. Not only that, for the small possibility that the MODS would accept leaving this game alive to coincide with the new one, a few GM's here decided to TROLL the rest of us and make a mockery of this game which some were still taking seriously. And having fun playing I might add.
Calgary13, Daryl and ricochetii liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:13 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
wait so there is going to be a new GM game

In all likelihood yes. It would be far more structured that this one. We're not making V2 haphazardly. All rules and draft systems and free agency are getting decided before the game starts so that we're all clear and that there is no confusion.

when will this occur, and will there be a chance to get a different team or are u carrying over your team
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:13 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Think of it this way angered GMs-

DavidBooth will be leaving the CapFriendly community after tonight. There will be a new Penguins general manger.

Please keep in mind that it has been suggested ample times before that this is simply a Beta game, and this right here, has lead to a new clause in the GMv2 CBA. This was all just for fun and non-serious, but the v2 will have a more serious setup, a winner, and be able to handle this type of behavior without self-destructing.

I hope everyone can carry over to v2, as it will be taken from a different approach.

tanks - phillyjabonri

when does this occur

Will the current GM's be given first pick for teams?
Calgary13 liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:14 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Quoting: F50marco

I call for a vote by they BOG's to accept or revert the trades.

I think any BOG member who is involved in one of these trades, should not be allowed to vote. Due to conflict of interest.

Quoting: DavidBooth7

That would be all BOG members

Just to clarify, if there aren't enough BOG members to vote, it goes to an open vote.

Exactly my point for bringing it up. applaud
Still a Leafs Fan
Before I had to leave and go take care of real life business I was going to write a long speech like thing explaining what the purpose, vision and reasoning behind a second version of the game. But that was two hours ago. Clearly a lot has changed but the hell with it I'm writing it now.

The main purpose behind V2 was to provide a much more structured game with all the rules in place before the game began so that we didn't have to make rules on the fly, we all know that this game was not structured ideally as we were making rules on the fly and we weren't sure how to format stuff. The other issue was that trades were allowed to be made before every team had a GM. Another thing was that the trade scenarios we've made here are extremely unrealistic. Beyond the mockery of the game today, teams have made 40-50 even more trades and my team is of guilty of that as well. In V2 the plan was to have a limit on trades so that teams have to strategize their moves and be smart about what they're doing, not "making moves for the sake of making moves". That's not what GMs do in real life. That's not what we should do in V2.

I'm just gonna pause this rant here for now and see what feedback it gets and then respond to what's going on.
For the record, I think we should revert davids trades and appoint a new pens GM.

What pisses me right the eff off matt is not that you guys decided to take it upon yourselves to create a new GM game. That's fine. We absolutely should have a new game set up with better rules and such. Its that without giving full disclaimer to the rest of the GM's here that a new game was starting and that this game would be disregarded. Meaning I wasted a bunch of time on a game that was about to be kicked to the curb. Not only that, for the small possibility that the MODS would accept leaving this game alive to coincide with the new one, a few GM's here decided to TROLL the rest of us and make a mockery of this game which some were still taking seriously. And having fun playing I might add.

agreed with Marco. Cant stand some of the stupidity from other GM's with ridiculous trades and not considering other gm's in the league
Daryl, ricochetii and F50marco liked this.
Go Habs Go

Only in regards to v2 ...
That would be ideal and a number of people from outside the game have expressed an interest in a more realistic setup.
There are still a number of issues that have not been resolved in V1 however, including free agency, setting rosters, regular season waivers, dealing with RL retentions/buyouts, etc.
Bringing v1 to an unadvertised ending before these issues are resolved, and in a destructive manner, does not exactly inspire confidence in a second version, or in the people responsible for creating/running it either. This version should have at least run its full course up to the start of the regular season, where we could then shift the focus to evaluation/metrics. The "ending" of one game should also be preceded by a warning/deadline and a set start date for the beginning of the next game.
F50marco liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:15 p.m.
Quoting: DarylthePony

when does this occur

Will the current GM's be given first pick for teams?

More importantly, will the same BOG be allowed to run a mockery of this one because that is farce if I ever seen one.

Frankly a new game should be created yes but it should have completely new GM's. No one from V1 should be allowed to play V2.
Calgary13 liked this.
get ur corsi up
Deleted
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Let's just revert the trades and end this, I'll apologize and didn't think everyone would be so angered by this. Are we also reverting jmacs two trades as well then?

Once more, I'm sorry for the turmoil caused. If it's good by everyone I will revert all trades at once
Daryl and phillyjabroni liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:16 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Will the current GM's be given first pick for teams?[/quote]
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:16 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: TrueNorth

I understand your desire to make the game more structured and real world lifelike, but I have enjoyed the game simply for the art of brokering trades. We have condensed 100 years of trades into a few months and that is much more enjoyable than the paint drying boredom of the real world. Create V2, have fun, but I for one wouldn't mind seeing a GM "Game" continued using the current model.

We could definitely try to keep both going since they would be of different structures, but we need to work on some rules for this game to ensure stuff like today doesn't happen again.
Daryl liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:17 p.m.
ATTENTION ALL GMS

In light of what has occurred over the last six hours, myself and matt have decided that it is best to explain v2 of the GM Game.

This beta version has been useful in crafting a v2 CBA. We have set up an almost foolproof way to determine a winner of v2. To keep v2 entertaining, each GM has a max of 8 trades per season and will be given a restart and will pick a team based off of their real life roster.

To keep this short, v2 will be published later in the next two weeks or so, with the idea that everyone will still carry over as a GM.

I suggest that everyone does the following: take a deep breath, close your eyes and count to 10. Then remember that this is a game. V2 will allow a full restart and everyone will have a chance to participate.

thanks - phillyjabroni
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:17 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: TrueNorth

I understand your desire to make the game more structured and real world lifelike, but I have enjoyed the game simply for the art of brokering trades. We have condensed 100 years of trades into a few months and that is much more enjoyable than the paint drying boredom of the real world. Create V2, have fun, but I for one wouldn't mind seeing a GM "Game" continued using the current model.

We could definitely try to keep both going since they would be of different structures, but we need to work on some rules for this game to ensure stuff like today doesn't happen again.

How about someone who has the ability to disallow unfair trades. Someone who is not a GM but like a Commissioner that ensures fair play.
Calgary13 liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:18 p.m.
Go Jackets

Just because we're creating a new game isn't an excuse to blow up your current roster (not referring to you Marco just saying in general). I planned on keeping both games going since I wanted to keep the roster I'd built going while still playing a more realistic version of the game
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:18 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Deleted

Can we leave any V2 questions for tomorrow perhaps? We're trying to salvage V1 right now. (Not just you, you just happened to be the most recent one I saw wink)
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:19 p.m.
Guys - I will release the V2 plan around 9:00pm EST
Daryl liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:19 p.m.
Go Jackets

How about someone who has the ability to disallow unfair trades. Someone who is not a GM but like a Commissioner that ensures fair play.

That's possible, but they'd have to be independent of the game. It simply wouldn't work that people who can make trades also have the ability to deny trades they deem unfair. Too much conflict of interest.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:20 p.m.
Go Jackets

Let's put it on hold for right now at least... we need to fix this first then we can tidy up V2.
phillyjabroni liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:20 p.m.
ATTENTION ALL GMS

In light of what has occurred over the last six hours, myself and matt have decided that it is best to explain v2 of the GM Game.

This beta version has been useful in crafting a v2 CBA. We have set up an almost foolproof way to determine a winner of v2. To keep v2 entertaining, each GM has a max of 8 trades per season and will be given a restart and will pick a team based off of their real life roster.

To keep this short, v2 will be published later in the next two weeks or so, with the idea that everyone will still carry over as a GM.

I suggest that everyone does the following: take a deep breath, close your eyes and count to 10. Then remember that this is a game. V2 will allow a full restart and everyone will have a chance to participate.

thanks - phillyjabroni

So everyone in this game gets automatically ported to the next V2?
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:21 p.m.

Let's put it on hold for right now at least... we need to fix this first then we can tidy up V2.

Sounds good
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:21 p.m.
Please hold V2 questions until matt and I tidy it up and release it. Most question will be answered
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:22 p.m.
Calgary13

You should wait till tomorrow and let everyone regain, and settle down. I want to play v2, and I know other GM's do as well. You said we'd have the chance to carry over if some GM's want to, so I think that was a big concern for some (myself included). Let's just all relax for today and pick it up tomorrow
TrueNorth

Is Jabroni a MOD?
ATTENTION ALL GMS

thanks - phillyjabroni

So everyone in this game gets automatically ported to the next V2?

From what I was told users will have first choice of teamy based on seniority, unless you don't want to play in V2
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:23 p.m.

But that's the thing, who gets to decide if a trade is fair or not, right?

The problem with the game was not necessarily the rules and structure but the GM's themselves.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll