Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:11 p.m.
Go Jackets
I don't think I've already formally said this but I will admit I messed up terribly and the responsibility for this has to fall on me. For that I'm sorry.
ricochetii, Max and Daryl liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:20 p.m.
I would like to say sorry and apologize for what has happened today.

- BC17
ricochetii, Jdp and Daryl liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:25 p.m.
Fourth time I've said this, but to anyone who missed it, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to cause this reaction fromy all of you. I'm hoping we can all move on from this
ricochetii and Daryl liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:26 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Is it okay if i make a thread about the 2nd GM Game with a poll for if people should be able to keep their teams or not? Or should we not do that yet?
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:28 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Fourth time I've said this, but to anyone who missed it, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to cause this reaction fromy all of you. I'm hoping we can all move on from this

i agree. we should move on.
nobody and Daryl liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Is it okay if i make a thread about the 2nd GM Game with a poll for if people should be able to keep their teams or not? Or should we not do that yet?

Let's wait till later on
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:37 p.m.
I still think it was funny. Maybe in poor taste, but it was a joke come on...... And again it's all fake, who cares

But sorry if it or this offends anyone
nobody and LicMysak liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:50 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
I think all of this talk about version 2 of the game is too premature. It seems like it was used as an excuse to try and play off all of these unrealistic trades and craziness that has occurred in the past few hours. Heck, we don't even have an FA plan finalized yet so I'd say put the V2 on hold until we can finalize some stuff with this version.
Jdp, Daryl and Duster liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:51 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
I realize I also made a move with Pittsburg during this time and I'd like to formally apologize for my part in this chaos as well.
Jdp, Daryl and Duster liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 8:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Let's wait till later on

ok
Jul. 6, 2017 at 8:56 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
I would like to apologise for my actions in the trade earlier today
ricochetii and nobody liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 8:58 p.m.
Guys,

I didn't mean for this to be a gong show either but I think the BOG definitely handled this terribly and as long as the damage has been rectified, no harm no foul in my books. I'm willing to let bygones be bygones. With that said, I think some of you have forgotten the chain of command here. The mods/administrators dictate what major changes happen on this site. (Not talking in game rule changes I mean) Not the BOG's. The BOG was voted on by the players in this game to help self police the GM game in a democratic manner because of the labour intensive needs a game of this kind requires.

While I admit this game is flawed and definitely needs an upgrade (and would welcome one for that matter), none of the BOG members or other GM's involved have the authority to state changes will be made and will be implemented this way and by this time. Whatever discussions you have had with the MOD's is your business but they are just that until THEY have confirmed it.

Lastly, this game only works under the assumption that you take it seriously and "pretend" that we really are GM's and whatnot. The minute we lose that, this game loses all credibility. Essentially becomes NHL 17 and not a simulation, which I've stated multiple times is the crux of the problem with this game and any re-iterations of it.

So let's fix the destruction that was caused today, work towards a new game together while potentially keeping this one intact and remind ourselves that this is just a game yes but this is a game where we are "pretending" to be management level professionals of multi-million dollar enterprises. It requires that we take it serious to a certain level. We can't speak for a certain few who clearly don't "get it" but that doesn't excuse those who do understand it and stoop to their level. Please try to keep in mind that your actions can negatively affect others enjoyment in the game as we are all playing this game together. Together this game can run smoothly but if divided it will amount to a giant waste of all of our time spent invested in it. If your opinion is that of "its just a game, who cares" than you are disregarding others who have decided to take the experience a little farther which ruins the essence of the game, which is to "be a GM". Not "sort of but not really be a GM".

Ok rant over.
Duster, ricochetii, phillyjabroni and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 8:58 p.m.
delete double post
Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:02 p.m.
Edited Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:13 p.m.
Deleted
Max and TonyStrecher liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:12 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Quoting: F50marco
Guys,

I didn't mean for this to be a gong show either but I think the BOG definitely handled this terribly and as long as the damage has been rectified, no harm no foul in my books. I'm willing to let bygones be bygones. With that said, I think some of you have forgotten the chain of command here. The mods/administrators dictate what major changes happen on this site. (Not talking in game rule changes I mean) Not the BOG's. The BOG was voted on by the players in this game to help self police the GM game in a democratic manner because of the labour intensive needs a game of this kind requires.

While I admit this game is flawed and definitely needs an upgrade (and would welcome one for that matter), none of the BOG members or other GM's involved have the authority to state changes will be made and will be implemented this way and by this time. Whatever discussions you have had with the MOD's is your business but they are just that until THEY have confirmed it.

Lastly, this game only works under the assumption that you take it seriously and "pretend" that we really are GM's and whatnot. The minute we lose that, this game loses all credibility. Essentially becomes NHL 17 and not a simulation, which I've stated multiple times is the crux of the problem with this game and any re-iterations of it.

So let's fix the destruction that was caused today, work towards a new game together while potentially keeping this one intact and remind ourselves that this is just a game yes but this is a game where we are "pretending" to be management level professionals of multi-million dollar enterprises. It requires that we take it serious to a certain level. We can't speak for a certain few who clearly don't "get it" but that doesn't excuse those who do understand it and stoop to their level. Please try to keep in mind that your actions can negatively affect others enjoyment in the game as we are all playing this game together. Together this game can run smoothly but if divided it will amount to a giant waste of all of our time spent invested in it. If your opinion is that of "its just a game, who cares" than you are disregarding others who have decided to take the experience a little farther which ruins the essence of the game, which is to "be a GM". Not "sort of but not really be a GM".

Ok rant over.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-QpsgOAW1gx1KAicA_jMjPYUKULADuOaz0us2KEoP9E/edit?usp=sharing

Marco, this is a rough link that myself and Matt have taken the pleasure of creating...its just a plan. I hope that others pick up on stuff that we missed or want to add. the more the better.

I do think that the FA Period should start, once everything is finalized.

i know it's not completely up to me but i am not a big fan of the 8 trade limit rule. It's fine if that's a rule, though if it were up to me i wouldn't have that rule. I think we should have a bunch of polls for the major rules.
Max liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:18 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-QpsgOAW1gx1KAicA_jMjPYUKULADuOaz0us2KEoP9E/edit?usp=sharing

Marco, this is a rough link that myself and Matt have taken the pleasure of creating...its just a plan. I hope that others pick up on stuff that we missed or want to add. the more the better.

I do think that the FA Period should start, once everything is finalized.

i know it's not completely up to me but i am not a big fan of the 8 trade limit rule. It's fine if that's a rule, though if it were up to me i wouldn't have that rule. I think we should have a bunch of polls for the major rules.

Never thought I'd say these words but I agree with Rangers. It makes sense to have a trade limit, but 8 seems a little low. If you get a team thatbis rebuilding irl, 8 trades wont be enough to have a "winning ream" but if you have a current contender you might not even use all your trades.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:18 p.m.
Go Jackets
Marco I completely agree with everything you said. Also, I'm not sure where it has come up but there has not been any concrete discussion with the Mods of starting a second version. We've only discussed ideas amongst ourselves, but understand that these were only ideas and that they would have been put to a public vote before having been approved and even considered remotely official. Again, I'm really sorry for all of the mess and misunderstanding that came from today.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:19 p.m.
Go Jackets
That isn't a official plan guys, it's just a list of ideas. NONE of that is official. All of that would need to be put to public vote before it passed.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:22 p.m.
Guys, DirtyRebound reaches the one week inactivity mark in two hours. And I'm leaving tonight. And with Done and nuxfan temporarily taking over their respective teams, only three AGMs remain: GiftedYoungReider, Bo53Horvat and Icegirl. However I don't expect GYR or Horvat to be on anytime soon. What's next?
Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:23 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Max

Never thought I'd say these words but I agree with Rangers. It makes sense to have a trade limit, but 8 seems a little low. If you get a team thatbis rebuilding irl, 8 trades wont be enough to have a "winning ream" but if you have a current contender you might not even use all your trades.

yeah, i meant no trade limit but i guess a trade limit could be used. maybe 12 trades?
Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:24 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Guys, DirtyRebound reaches the one week inactivity mark in two hours. And I'm leaving tonight. And with Done and nuxfan temporarily taking over their respective teams, only three AGMs remain: GiftedYoungReider, Bo53Horvat and Icegirl. However I don't expect GYR or Horvat to be on anytime soon. What's next?

Dallas' GM has already been a week i thought.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:26 p.m.

Has it? I'm not sure. Thought he had till 8:30...maybe it's because I'm on PST and CF is on EST? If so I guess Dirty has been demoted...
Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:27 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Has it? I'm not sure. Thought he had till 8:30...maybe it's because I'm on PST and CF is on EST? If so I guess Dirty has been demoted...

when it says what time they last posted it's ET, right?
Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:29 p.m.

I think so. If so, DirtyRebound has been removed from GM and demoted to Dallas AGM. GYR is next in line but he's on some sort of trip right now or something?
Jul. 6, 2017 at 9:30 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I think so. If so, DirtyRebound has been removed from GM and demoted to Dallas AGM. GYR is next in line but he's on some sort of trip right now or something?

i'll leave it up to you guys to decide who the new GM is.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll