Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:24 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: ricochetii
Quoting: matt59
Before I had to leave and go take care of real life business I was going to write a long speech like thing explaining what the purpose, vision and reasoning behind a second version of the game. But that was two hours ago. Clearly a lot has changed but the hell with it I'm writing it now.

The main purpose behind V2 was to provide a much more structured game with all the rules in place before the game began so that we didn't have to make rules on the fly, we all know that this game was not structured ideally as we were making rules on the fly and we weren't sure how to format stuff. The other issue was that trades were allowed to be made before every team had a GM. Another thing was that the trade scenarios we've made here are extremely unrealistic. Beyond the mockery of the game today, teams have made 40-50 even more trades and my team is of guilty of that as well. In V2 the plan was to have a limit on trades so that teams have to strategize their moves and be smart about what they're doing, not "making moves for the sake of making moves". That's not what GMs do in real life. That's not what we should do in V2.

I'm just gonna pause this rant here for now and see what feedback it gets and then respond to what's going on.
For the record, I think we should revert davids trades and appoint a new pens GM.

Only in regards to v2 ...
That would be ideal and a number of people from outside the game have expressed an interest in a more realistic setup.
There are still a number of issues that have not been resolved in V1 however, including free agency, setting rosters, regular season waivers, dealing with RL retentions/buyouts, etc.
Bringing v1 to an unadvertised ending before these issues are resolved, and in a destructive manner, does not exactly inspire confidence in a second version, or in the people responsible for creating/running it either. This version should have at least run its full course up to the start of the regular season, where we could then shift the focus to evaluation/metrics. The "ending" of one game should also be preceded by a warning/deadline and a set start date for the beginning of the next game.

I agree, and it wasn't our intent to blow up V1 with the arrival of V2 since they're two completely different games, some people chose to use it as an excuse to do so however. That doesn't fall on the shoulders of all of us for their actions of blowing up their teams.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:24 p.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Quoting: F50marco

So everyone in this game gets automatically ported to the next V2?

From what I was told users will have first choice of teamy based on seniority, unless you don't want to play in V2

So if we all accept, no new people get to play the game? (Barring a person resigning or getting banned)?
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:25 p.m.
Go Jackets
Guys, if you have V2 questions please ask them tomorrow. For now we need to tidy up the disaster of the now.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:25 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan

So everyone in this game gets automatically ported to the next V2?

From what I was told users will have first choice of teamy based on seniority, unless you don't want to play in V2

when will u get to pick your team
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:27 p.m.
Go Jackets

So if we all accept, no new people get to play the game? (Barring a person resigning or getting banned)?

Possibly, but resignations and bans are inevitable and some people definitely won't have time to be GMs with school resuming in the fall and such. Again though let's clean up B1 before figuring out V2
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:27 p.m.
1) one last time, yes I messed up, and hope you can all forgive me no mater how hard that may be
2) switch subjects here: DirtyRebound will hit the one week inactivity mark in 5 hours. What's next?
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:28 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan

Possibly, but resignations and bans are inevitable and some people definitely won't have time to be GMs with school resuming in the fall and such. Again though let's clean up B1 before figuring out V2

will certain nuisances not be allowed to join the game
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:32 p.m.
Go Jackets
Look guys, please no V2 questions until tomorrow.

The Pittsburgh roster as of this morning pre-trade spree needs to be put back together and all trades of today reverted. I have to go for like 20 mins and I'll be back.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:33 p.m.
Look guys, please no V2 questions until tomorrow.

The Pittsburgh roster as of this morning pre-trade spree needs to be put back together and all trades of today reverted. I have to go for like 20 mins and I'll be back.

Everything has been reverted
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:33 p.m.
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93

will certain nuisances not be allowed to join the game

Can't discriminate who gets to play unless they break the rules of some sort.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:35 p.m.
I believe jmac used the verbage "purge" for his description before making some lacklustre trades........... I think the BOG needs go and investigate a few other GM's trades...........
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:39 p.m.
Go Jackets
I believe jmac used the verbage "purge" for his description before making some lacklustre trades........... I think the BOG needs go and investigate a few other GM's trades...........

All suspicious trades will be investigated and properly punished.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:40 p.m.
1) one last time, yes I messed up, and hope you can all forgive me no mater how hard that may be
2) switch subjects here: DirtyRebound will hit the one week inactivity mark in 5 hours. What's next?

The GiftedYoungRider is next in line. Also if he takes over Dallas, that makes my AGM, Bo53Horvat, next in line for Pittsburgh
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:41 p.m.
Go Jackets
I propose that until noon tomorrow no more trades are made. That way it's easier to reconvene and fix this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:42 p.m.
I propose that until noon tomorrow no more trades are made. That way it's easier to reconvene and fix this.

Are we voting on this? If so 2-0 in favor
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:43 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
What did i miss? Did the trades get taken back?
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:45 p.m.
Guys, if you have V2 questions please ask them tomorrow. For now we need to tidy up the disaster of the now.

Lastly matt, what steps were taken to have rules and regulations implemented for V2 that were unbiased and fair for everyone? To my knowledge, rangersandislesfan created the V1 game using his ideas of what should be used as rules and as such, with many being changed later on by the BOG and other GM's in a democratic manner.

Seems like a few of you who are in the "know", decided to make the V2 game the way they see fit. Without any type of voting process or opinions from other GM's.
Calgary13 and Jdp liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:46 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
should i remove the Boll-Wideman trade?
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:47 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Yes
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:48 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Yes

ok
Jul. 6, 2017 at 6:54 p.m.
Go Jackets

Lastly matt, what steps were taken to have rules and regulations implemented for V2 that were unbiased and fair for everyone? To my knowledge, rangersandislesfan created the V1 game using his ideas of what should be used as rules and as such, with many being changed later on by the BOG and other GM's in a democratic manner.

Seems like a few of you who are in the "know", decided to make the V2 game the way they see fit. Without any type of voting process or opinions from other GM's.

We were creating an ideas list based on past mistakes from this game that we're going to be put to vote before becoming official. This wasn't an official document of how V2 was gonna be run.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:03 p.m.
Now that things have calmed down a bit. I'm just confirming that you guys know that starting Saturday nuxfan will be taking over the canucks as the temp-gm for a week. I will post a 4-player protection list tomorrow
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:03 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Hi guys I just need to ask something. I won't be on this site for the next two weeks (as some of you already know) I just want to know if GM Game Version 2 will be opening within that time range (8th to the 22nd). I just want to know this because if it is I will be likely unable to claim a team. Thanks

- DarylthePony
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:05 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: DarylthePony
Hi guys I just need to ask something. I won't be on this site for the next two weeks (as some of you already know) I just want to know if GM Game Version 2 will be opening within that time range (8th to the 22nd). I just want to know this because if it is I will be likely unable to claim a team. Thanks

- DarylthePony

No it's not opening up until September probably anyway. The intention of for V2 to be done the right way, no shortcuts. It's intended to be a more realistic and strategic version.
Jdp and Max liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 7:06 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: DarylthePony

- DarylthePony

No it's not opening up until September probably anyway. The intention of for V2 to be done the right way, no shortcuts. It's intended to be a more realistic and strategic version.

Okay, that's a relief. Thanks.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll