Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Jul. 11, 2017 at 12:03 p.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Quoting: phillyjabroni
To clarify:

If these two offers are submitted : 2 x 5.25M and 4 x 5.25M, the team that submitted 4 x 5.25 wins because they have the most total value (21M compared to 10.5M)

From Marco's post, in the even that the two offers of 3 x 5M and 2 x 7.5M, what is the priority of the tiebreaker? Years? AAV? Just want to make sure so there will be less of a chance for debate and arguments come time to submit bids

tanks - phillyjabroni

To answer your first question, you are correct.

As for your second question, tiebreaker isn't sorted out on AAV or years actually. It's based on the waiver order which is what we use for all tiebreakers

Tanks and okay. I thought I one point it was that if the values were equal, the first tiebreaker would be years and then Waiver Order, but thanks for the clarification.
Jul. 11, 2017 at 12:04 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

To answer your first question, you are correct.

As for your second question, tiebreaker isn't sorted out on AAV or years actually. It's based on the waiver order which is what we use for all tiebreakers

The tie breaker I mentioned was just in reference to the problem I see in the structure of the bidding. Whether its by waiver or whatever other way is fine. That shouldn't be too much of a problem (even though it should be REVERSE waivers order since players want to go to a winning team more so than a rebuilding one...no?)

True, good point. Although when we're talking about top UFAs, most will go to their home team, if not then Vegas. Most likely. With that, just like in this years FA. Gagner, MDZ and Nilsson all wounded up in league-worst Vancouver. Point being, when it comes to the other UFAs, sure they'd love to win, but I think they'd play anywhere TBH. Doing the waiver order the way it is also helps those "weaker" teams get somewhat stronger perhaps? Just giving another perspective out there but I agree with you Marco
Jul. 11, 2017 at 12:11 p.m.

The tie breaker I mentioned was just in reference to the problem I see in the structure of the bidding. Whether its by waiver or whatever other way is fine. That shouldn't be too much of a problem (even though it should be REVERSE waivers order since players want to go to a winning team more so than a rebuilding one...no?)

True, good point. Although when we're talking about top UFAs, most will go to their home team, if not then Vegas. Most likely. With that, just like in this years FA. Gagner, MDZ and Nilsson all wounded up in league-worst Vancouver. Point being, when it comes to the other UFAs, sure they'd love to win, but I think they'd play anywhere TBH. Doing the waiver order the way it is also helps those "weaker" teams get somewhat stronger perhaps? Just giving another perspective out there but I agree with you Marco

Yes very true but then again look at Vancouver IRL and in the GM game. Very different situations. Some of those bad teams IRL have significantly improved their team in the GM game. Not sure why we would need to give them an advantage if that's the case.

Also as for debate on the subject i just realized there was a thread created for this already so Im heading down there. Sorry, forgot this was the BOG thread.
Jul. 11, 2017 at 12:20 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: krakowitz
Am I misunderstanding something, or does Vegas have the ability to match any UFA bid and sign the player?

Basically, field and Vegas all make bids. Home team isn't required to make bids. Now, Vegas can raise the top field bid by 250K. Home can then match and win and decline. If they do match, they also get a 10% discount on the winning price

So Vegas essentially has the secondary rights to all players?
Jul. 11, 2017 at 12:21 p.m.

Basically, field and Vegas all make bids. Home team isn't required to make bids. Now, Vegas can raise the top field bid by 250K. Home can then match and win and decline. If they do match, they also get a 10% discount on the winning price

If you want to put it that way, yes. Should be noted that Vegas won't be able to pick up all FAs tho. They can only have 50 roster spots, several of which used, and if they get a player they don't own the rights to, they can't move them till January. Something to think about....
Jul. 11, 2017 at 11:10 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG

If you want to put it that way, yes. Should be noted that Vegas won't be able to pick up all FAs tho. They can only have 50 roster spots, several of which used, and if they get a player they don't own the rights to, they can't move them till January. Something to think about....

I noticed someone mention somewhere that we aren't using the 50 roster spots rule...
Jul. 11, 2017 at 11:16 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: TonyStrecher

I noticed someone mention somewhere that we aren't using the 50 roster spots rule...

That would be me. smile
Something that was discussed a while back that Booth may not have been here for or aware of?
Jul. 11, 2017 at 11:22 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii

That would be me. smile
Something that was discussed a while back that Booth may not have been here for or aware of?

Probably. I joined the game a month or so late, perhaps that's why. Or maybe it's my bad memory. I'll blame both Sticking Out Tongue
Jul. 11, 2017 at 11:45 p.m.
Go Habs Go

That would be me. smile

Probably. I joined the game a month or so late, perhaps that's why. Or maybe it's my bad memory. I'll blame both Sticking Out Tongue

Okay, as long as something didn't change that I missed. I would have felt bad. Sticking Out Tongue
Jul. 11, 2017 at 11:48 p.m.

Okay, as long as something didn't change that I missed. I would have felt bad. Sticking Out Tongue

Haha naw you're good one way or another cheers
Jul. 12, 2017 at 9:26 a.m.
So i guess Enstrom is mine now?
Jul. 12, 2017 at 9:30 a.m.
Go Jackets
So i guess Enstrom is mine now?

I believe so... I'll look back through this thread to make sure there weren't any claims we missed
Jul. 12, 2017 at 9:35 a.m.
Go Jackets
No other teams made a claim here on the BOG thread, so Tobias Enstrom is yours Marco cheers

If I remember correctly since you were the only team to put in a waiver claim on Enstrom you keep your spot in the waiver line as well.
Jul. 12, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG, I've finally been forced to file a report against Math. The report is attached here for convenience:
There isn't any one quote to post, but I would like to report Math, the GM of the Boston Bruins, for continuing to make offers to me, phillyjabroni, and boltscharge17, when we have told him multiple times we wish to cut all ties with him. For more information, good back a bit and read on in the Tampa page

Math has not received any infractions to date. And as this involves bolts and I, it will be up to the 5 of you to reach a verdict. I think majority of 3 should be enough in this instance
Jul. 12, 2017 at 10:40 a.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
There isn't any one quote to post, but I would like to report Math, the GM of the Boston Bruins, for continuing to make offers to me, phillyjabroni, and boltscharge17, when we have told him multiple times we wish to cut all ties with him. For more information, good back a bit and read on in the Tampa page

I have not cut ties with Math, but I have been getting offers after telling him he would need to add and then spams be with trash offers...not sure if it's trolling or if he truely thinks it's fair.
Jul. 12, 2017 at 10:45 a.m.
Go Jackets
1-0 in favor of a level one infraction for Math. If GMs explicitly state that they do not want to make deals with you and you keep coming back that is the definition of trolling. Every GM has the right to cut ties even though it is not an encouraged method of business.
Jul. 12, 2017 at 10:49 a.m.
1-1... stupid to cut ties really. It's a online game for petes sake. Math probably just wants to make his team better... by making offers that he sees fair. It's not that hard to just decline a trade or make a counter to what you see fit. And if you aren't interested in a player he offer just state it
Jul. 12, 2017 at 11:33 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: matt59
No other teams made a claim here on the BOG thread, so Tobias Enstrom is yours Marco cheers

If I remember correctly since you were the only team to put in a waiver claim on Enstrom you keep your spot in the waiver line as well.

Sorry to interrupt, but that's not true as it was intended (you only keep your spot in free agency tiebreakers if noone evokes waiver priority and you are first in line, any other time you "claim" a player, you move to the back of the line). That's the cost of getting a player for free. Otherwise he could have picked up 3 or 4 players and still kept his waiver priority. I only mention it because this is going to come up again with any regular course buyouts and regular season waivers. If you want to say he keeps his priority due to special circumstances with Enstrom, that's fine, but it shouldn't be something that is repeatable or apply to future waiver claims.
Claiming a player always equals back of the line, even if you are the only team involved.
Jul. 12, 2017 at 11:36 a.m.
Quoting: jmac490
1-1... stupid to cut ties really. It's a online game for petes sake. Math probably just wants to make his team better... by making offers that he sees fair. It's not that hard to just decline a trade or make a counter to what you see fit. And if you aren't interested in a player he offer just state it

Not my place to say but I'll add just for perspective if you want it, you can simply ignore him also. I don't think he's doing it to be malicious.
Jul. 12, 2017 at 11:38 a.m.
Quoting: matt59

Sorry to interrupt, but that's not true as it was intended (you only keep your spot in free agency tiebreakers if noone evokes waiver priority and you are first in line, any other time you "claim" a player, you move to the back of the line). That's the cost of getting a player for free. Otherwise he could have picked up 3 or 4 players and still kept his waiver priority. I only mention it because this is going to come up again with any regular course buyouts and regular season waivers. If you want to say he keeps his priority due to special circumstances with Enstrom, that's fine, but it shouldn't be something that is repeatable or apply to future waiver claims.
Claiming a player always equals back of the line, even if you are the only team involved.

Wait so waiver claims for buyouts affect you position in free agency waiver order?
Jul. 12, 2017 at 11:41 a.m.

Wait so waiver claims for buyouts affect you position in free agency waiver order?

If 2 players make a claim for the same player, then whoever had the best draft order gets the player, then moves to the end of the waiver list. This does not affect Free Agency
Jul. 12, 2017 at 11:42 a.m.
Quoting: jmac490

If 2 players make a claim for the same player, then whoever had the best draft order gets the player, then moves to the end of the waiver list. This does not affect Free Agency

Oh ok. Thats fine.
Jul. 12, 2017 at 1:22 p.m.
Vote to place Math on Stage 1 of Infraction system: 1-1
- Matt in favour
- Jmac opposed
- Booth and bolts disqualified from voting
- Waiting on Zach, Turner and JT Miller
Jul. 12, 2017 at 2:53 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
When will free agency start?
Also am I right that players like Spencer Foo, Curtis Valk and Philip Holm will be included in free agency?
Did we ever decide whether players that were drafted IRL but not in the GM Game will be included in free agency?
Jul. 12, 2017 at 2:58 p.m.
When will free agency start?
Also am I right that players like Spencer Foo, Curtis Valk and Philip Holm will be included in free agency?
Did we ever decide whether players that were drafted IRL but not in the GM Game will be included in free agency?

1) TBD
2) Yes. You will be allowed to bid on them in FA
3) You may also bid on those players

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll