Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:38 a.m.
Edited Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:46 a.m.
Last, last thing! Mhockey has also been removed due to inactivity. Last post was July 28th. Next up TBD

To summarize my last 5 posts:
- I want to create a Suggestion Box thread
- NYR protection list to be voided
- due to inactivity, Jacketsman61 and mhockey91 have been removed as GMs

EDIT: next AGMs in line: Max, Pasta88Sauce, Mr Cap, palhal

AGAIN EDIT: Max is considering taking over Buffalo. Decision to come in tomorrow morning
Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:30 a.m.
You removed me for inactivity but if you would have read my post and my banner I said I was not interested in making any moves or participating in FA. I check in everyday. Just because I don't post doesn't mean I am not active. You jumped the gun on this and you have pissed me off. This what Dangles was talking about. You make decisions without even doing any type of research. So I will be talking to the mods about this ridiculous policy. First off, I was never given a post on my team thread saying I was approaching an "Inactivity Penalty". Second you acted without a vote from the BOG. You broke your own rules. So I will fight this and will talk to the Mods about having you removed from the BOG and possibly from the game.
Mr_cap liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:06 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Instead of attacking, maybe you should start by apologizing for not posting for so long. Take some responsibility for your inactivity, and then ask that you be allowed to remain as GM, and give a reason.

Quote:
4. We ask that GMs Are active at least once a week. After one full week of complete inactivity will you be demoted to assistant GM of the team. After 5 days of inactivity you will be notified on your team page that you have 48 hours to return before being demoted to assistant of your team.

You have a case within the rules if you present it properly and act accordingly. I suggest you reconsider your previous posts.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:26 a.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Instead of attacking, maybe you should start by apologizing for not posting for so long. Take some responsibility for your inactivity, and then ask that you be allowed to remain as GM, and give a reason.

You have a case within the rules if you present it properly and act accordingly. I suggest you reconsider your previous posts.

You have made my case with the section that says I will be notified on my team page after 5 days. That did not happen. In my team Banner it distinctly says I, "Done until after FA". I am very clear on this. And since FA has taken up this past week I had no need to post anything. Thanks for your input.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:04 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Jacketsman61

You have made my case with the section that says I will be notified on my team page after 5 days. That did not happen. In my team Banner it distinctly says I, "Done until after FA". I am very clear on this. And since FA has taken up this past week I had no need to post anything. Thanks for your input.

Well if you want to take the hostile approach, that's your prerogative.

Quote:
7. Infrequent activity on the game, and not responding to offers in a reasonable amount of time can have a negative affect on your reputation as a GM, the ability to make good trades, and the overall flow and fun of the game. Please be mindful of this. Even if you don't like a trade offer, just respond no thanks, or make a counter offer.
8. If you have any other questions, issues with other GMs, or know you will be inactive for an extended period of time, just let the Board of Gms know at the "Board of General Managers Official Thread" and we'll sort them out for you.

Did you let the BOG know in this thread that you planned to be inactive or not post for an extended period of time?
You could have easily avoided all of this by simply doing that much. All I did was suggest you take some responsibility.
You were asked to get permission for your UFA Sheet as well, you didn't respond or give any indication then.
It also gave you an excuse to post and show activity.

Anyway, I was just trying to help you out. If you want to be cantankerous, I won't bother next time.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:13 a.m.

Quote:
7. Infrequent activity on the game, and not responding to offers in a reasonable amount of time can have a negative affect on your reputation as a GM, the ability to make good trades, and the overall flow and fun of the game. Please be mindful of this. Even if you don't like a trade offer, just respond no thanks, or make a counter offer.
8. If you have any other questions, issues with other GMs, or know you will be inactive for an extended period of time, just let the Board of Gms know at the "Board of General Managers Official Thread" and we'll sort them out for you.

Did you let the BOG know in this thread that you planned to be inactive or not post for an extended period of time?
You could have easily avoided all of this by simply doing that much. All I did was suggest you take some responsibility.
You were asked to get permission for your UFA Sheet as well, you didn't respond or give any indication then.

Anyway, I was just trying to help you out. If you want to be cantankerous, I won't bother next time.

No that was a serious thank you. No problem with you
Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:49 a.m.

Rico, I get where you are coming from, but this has everything to do with things not being done correctly. I am not going to post a senseless comment just to show activity. This is the part of the GM Game that is too subjective. I don't have any need to make a trade so I am not actively trying for one. Now, if someone were to offer me I would likely say "No thanks" because I am not looking to deal right now. No one can force you to make a move. And no one can hold it against you because you don't. At any rate, I was still owed a 48 hour response period and was never given that.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:52 a.m.
Go Jackets
Yes the rule states specifically that posts need to be made once a week, however we as BOG are supposed to give that 48 hour notice of inactivity and none was granted. Mainly because we were tied up with free agency. I think it's better for all of us if we reach a settlement of sorts than kick GMs.
nobody liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:09 a.m.
Go Habs Go

Rico, I get where you are coming from, but this has everything to do with things not being done correctly. I am not going to post a senseless comment just to show activity. This is the part of the GM Game that is too subjective. I don't have any need to make a trade so I am not actively trying for one. Now, if someone were to offer me I would likely say "No thanks" because I am not looking to deal right now. No one can force you to make a move. And no one can hold it against you because you don't. At any rate, I was still owed a 48 hour response period and was never given that.

The problem I have is with how people approach these situations. The instinctive reaction always seems to be over the top and accusatory.
In your case, it was easy to avoid being submitted for removal. Failing that, "Hey, I realize I didn't post for a bit. I didn't have a reason to during that time and didn't realize it was 7 days. Anyway, I didn't get my 48 hour notice and I'm here now, so I think I should be able to stay on as GM. Sorry for any confusion."
The BOG would then realize their mistake and most likely apologize and allow you to remain as GM.
No arguments or drama, no hard feelings, just two sides admitting that they made mistakes, rectifying it, and moving on.
Isn't that more preferable?
I'm not trying to pick on you or single you out either, it happens often. Too often. Normally it is unnecessary.

Quoting: matt59
Yes the rule states specifically that posts need to be made once a week, however we as BOG are supposed to give that 48 hour notice of inactivity and none was granted. Mainly because we were tied up with free agency. I think it's better for all of us if we reach a settlement of sorts than kick GMs.

Should give the other "inactive" GMs their notice now, then come back to it in 48 hours if they are still MIA.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:13 a.m.
Not a BOG but my unbiased opinion, let Jackets stay. BOG is supposed to warn on the GM's page in advance. They should of done that, Jackets should of still commented to show activity though. So just meet in the middle already. A warning for Jackets but he stays on as GM.
jmac490 and Mr_cap liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:16 a.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Last, last thing! Mhockey has also been removed due to inactivity. Last post was July 28th. Next up TBD

To summarize my last 5 posts:
- I want to create a Suggestion Box thread
- NYR protection list to be voided
- due to inactivity, Jacketsman61 and mhockey91 have been removed as GMs

EDIT: next AGMs in line: Max, Pasta88Sauce, Mr Cap, palhal

AGAIN EDIT: Max is considering taking over Buffalo. Decision to come in tomorrow morning

Give them each 48h... you didn't give them that notice. After 48h if neither responds then you an give them the boot. BUT as of now, Jackets replied
Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:22 a.m.
One thing I want to point out: the last comment made was July 26th. That wasn't just 7 days ago, it's almost been two weeks....I'm sorry jackets, Your a really nice guy, and I've enjoyed making deals with you. But two weeks of inactivity is far too much
CleanDangles liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 10:41 a.m.
After communications, let's make this clear for everyone:

On behalf of the BOG, I would like to apologize to Jacketsman61 for not giving him a prior warning before his removal. If a warning had been given, this period of inactivity would not have occurred. He is a site regular and I'm sure he'll be more active from now on Sticking Out Tongue. I also accept Jackets unneeded apology for not letting us know he'd been away for so long.

Due to the BOGs error to communicate warnings properly, as we were wrapped up with other things, we, as a group, have decided to let Jacketsman61 stay as Washington GM; and for mhockey91 to have two days of grace before removing his as Buffalo GM. If you have any questions about the groups decision, I encourage you to contact us right here. Thanks -DB7
Jacketsman61, CleanDangles, Bo53Horvat and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
i have a guy who was drafted by the Islanders in real life. Am i allowed to sign him? I still have his rights.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Double post
Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:50 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
i have a guy who was drafted by the Islanders in real life. Am i allowed to sign him? I still have his rights.

It depends, rights expire, so you'd have to be more specific so someone can check into it to be sure.
If he's still property of the Islanders, you can check the rules for signing him.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:49 p.m.
man...
Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:56 p.m.
NateElder12

Who is it?
Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:23 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

It depends, rights expire, so you'd have to be more specific so someone can check into it to be sure.
If he's still property of the Islanders, you can check the rules for signing him.

he must sign by june 1st, 2018.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:23 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: NateElder12

Who is it?

David Quenneville.
Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:33 p.m.
Can I at least be able to trade for former FAs to ease the burden of missing out on them?
Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:36 p.m.
Quoting: WhisperWhisper
Can I at least be able to trade for former FAs to ease the burden of missing out on them?

All FAs cannot be traded until January 1st, 2018
Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
So can i sign Quenneville or not?
Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:08 p.m.
Go Habs Go

David Quenneville is property of NYI and you have the right to sign him according to the policy in place.
Check the rules and give him the proper cap hit ($900,250).
Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:12 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

David Quenneville is property of NYI and you have the right to sign him according to the policy in place.
Check the rules and give him the proper cap hit ($900,250).

where are these rules?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll